IS A FALSE
This study in God's word is written to those who are SEEKING the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. This study is not to try and prove that all FUTURIST prophecy teachers are correct and all preterist teachers are wrong. But rather this study will show that the truth is somewhere down the MIDDLE of being extreme futurist and extreme preterist. what I mean by this is that is TRUTH some things have indeed been fulfilled, but on the other side some things are indeed in the future to yet be fulfilled.
I usually begin by ASKING the question if a doctrine is true or not, but this time I decided to jump right in stating plainly that “preterism” is a false teaching, because to me it is so obviously false that I find it hard to believe that there are some who truly believe that the prophecies of the time of great tribulation have ALREADY been FULFILLED and there is NO FUTURE great tribulation yet to come.
And here are just some of the reason of WHY I believe that “PRETERISM” is a FALSE teaching.
Let us begin this study by reading what some of the first century Christians believed. You see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, according to Polycarp, the bishop of the church or Smyrna in the Book of Revelation, who was also a disciple of the apostle John, who wrote the Book of Revelation, says that the book of Revelation was written AFTER the destruction of Jerusalem. You can do an Internet search on Polycarps letter called “To the Philippians” that he writes and see that Polycarp's church, the church of Smyrna, did not exist in the days of the apostle Paul BEFORE the destruction of Jerusalem.
You see dear child of God the church of Symrna recorded in the book of Revelation is not mentioned in the Book of Acts, nor is it spoken of in any other New Testament letter or epistle to the churches, because the church of Smyrna did not exist BEFORE the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
Likewise Sardis, Thyatira, Philadelphia and Laodicea are not mentioned in the book of Acts that most Bible scholars believe span 30 years of the early church history, which would be anywhere from 31 AD to 64 AD depending on which year you believed Jesus was crucified and resurrected from the dead. Most Bible scholars agree that it was around 90 AD to 95 AD that John wrote the Book of Revelation, which was well AFTER the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. But preterist disagree and CLAIM that the Book of Revelation was written BEFORE 70 AD. But what does HISTORY tell us?
In one of the works or writings of Irenaeus entitled, “Against Heresies” we can read in chapter 13:18 where Irenaeus tells us when John had his apocalyptic vision and wrote the book. “For that (referring to the vision of the apostle John) Irenaeus wrote the following: “We will not, however, incur the risk of pronouncing positively as to the name of Antichrist; for if it were necessary that his name should be distinctly revealed in this present time, it would have been announced by him who beheld the apocalyptic vision. For that was seen not very long time since, but almost in our day, towards the end of Domitian's reign” (written 180 AD).
Now some Preterists will argue and claim that the writings of Irenaeus are in poor condition so therefore we cannot be sure of their accuracy in being copied.
Well then let us consider some other early church writings. I will only cite a few, and you can do your own research if you desire more.
Here is one early Church writing called, The Shepherd of Hermas, that was written early on in the 2nd Century, which states that “the great tribulation that IS COMING,” Now it would be nonsensical or make no sense whatsoever to make such a statement of a YET COMING great tribulation, IF SO BE that the early church during the SECOND Century well AFTER 70 AD truly believed that the time of great tribulation had already been FULFILLED in 70 AD as the Preterist prophecy teachers CLAIM.
Now I fully realize that not all believers in the early church believed the SAME things, but one thing for SURE is that if the were preterist believers in the early church there would have been other writers writing about the heresy, because many of the early church writings were letters WARNING other believers of FALSE teaching. You see IF the futurist view was indeed a heresy there would surely be some early church writing exposing it as a heresy. And IF there were a 'PRETERIST” point of view it the early church, then you can be sure that there would be SOME writings teaching this view or some writing exposing the errors of this view.
So since NO writing that I myself am aware of have been found by the early church writers teaching that the time of great tribulation was FULFILLED during the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, then I myself must REFUTE this false teaching, but NOT solely on the ground of it NOT being found in early church writings.
Please understand that I am only citing a few early church writings to show my readers and seekers of the truth that Preterism did NOT exist in the early church otherwise WHY would these writing like the Didache that was basically used as a “CHURCH MANUAL” so to speak not show any such teaching that the time of great tribulation had already PAST?
The Didache was no later than around 100 A.D. And it states as well that the time of great tribulation is yet FUTURE.
‘Watch for your life's sake. Let not your lamps be quenched, nor your loins unloosed; but be ye ready, for ye know not the hour in which our Lord cometh. …. For in the last days false prophets and corrupters shall be multiplied, and the sheep shall be turned into wolves, and love shall be turned into hate; for when lawlessness increaseth, they shall hate and persecute and betray one another, and then shall appear the world-deceiver as Son of God, and shall do signs and wonders, and the earth shall be delivered into his hands, and he shall do iniquitous things which have never yet come to pass since the beginning. … And then shall appear the signs of the truth; first, the sign of an out-spreading in heaven; then the sign of the sound of the trumpet; and the third, the resurrection of the dead; yet not of all, but as it is said: The Lord shall come and all His saints with Him. Then shall the world see the Lord coming upon the clouds of heaven.” [Didache, XVI]
Now even though the exact words “the great tribulation” are not used in the above quote anyone can clearly see that all the above mentioned events take place DURING the time of great tribulation.
One more quote from Irenaeus, who lived AD. 120-202 writes the following about a yet FUTURE event saying,
“It is therefore more certain, and less hazardous, to await the fulfillment of the prophecy, than to be making surmises, and casting about for any names that may present themselves, inasmuch as many names can be found possessing the number mentioned; and the same question will, after all, remain unsolved. ... But he indicates the number of the name now, that when this man comes we may avoid him, being aware who he is: ... But when this Antichrist shall have devastated all things in this world, he will reign for three years and six months, and sit in the temple at Jerusalem; and then the Lord will come from heaven in the clouds, in the glory of the Father, sending this man and those who follow him into the lake of fire; but bringing in for the righteous the times of the kingdom, that is, the rest, the hallowed seventh day; and restoring to Abraham the promised inheritance, in which kingdom the Lord declared, that many coming from the east and from the west should sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob” [Irenaeus: Against Heresies, Book V, XXX].
Once again I want to make it clear to my readers that I am not exposing the errors of preterism based SOLELY upon the writing of the early church, but rather I am simply laying a strong foundation, which will be PROVEN by the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, that preterism is a FALSE teaching. But the HISTORICAL FACT that the early church taught NOTHING even resembling the preterist point of view should raise a RED FLAG to all preterist to honestly and sincerely take a CLOSER look at what they have been taught by their church denomination.
Now let us move on to the word of Almighty God to prove that preterism is a FALSE teaching.
Let us SUPPOSE pretrism is true and that 70 AD is the complete FULFILLMENT Matthew chapter 24 and a complete FULFILLMENT of all of the book of Revelation EXCEPT for Revelation 20:10 through Revelation 22:21 the end of the prophecy of the book of Revelation and therefore we are NOW living in the age of the MILLENNIUM that is NOT a LITERAL 1000 years, but rather an age of an unspecified number of years as most preterist teach.
Please keep in mind that in order for a prophecy to be fulfilled, then that supposed fulfillment MUST meet ALL the criteria of the prophecy. For example since the prophecy of Jesus foretells that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem and HISTORY proves that Jesus was born in Rome, then Jesus could not be the Messiah EVEN IF many other things FIT Jesus as being the Messiah. Are you following what I am pointing out to you dear child of God.
You see something that is SIMILAR to meeting a fulfillment of prophecy does NOT make that something the EXACT fulfillment of that prophecy. In order for a supposed fulfillment of prophecy, then that supposed fulfillment must meet ALL the things foretold in that prophecy or it is NOT the EXACT fulfillment of that prophecy.
Now let us go to Matthew chapter 24 first, and then we will take a closer look at the what the WHOLE word of God clearly teaches about the Millennium being a LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus.
For those of my readers who may be unaware some preterist use Matthew 24:31 as one of THEIR PROOF texts dogmatically demanding that this verse demands that this prophecy in Matthew had to be fulfilled in the FIRST century, because it plainly states THIS generation shall NOT pass away until ALL these things be FULFILLED and the first century believers were the WHO that this prophecy was given.
Here is Matthew 24:31 says,
“Verily I say unto you, THIS generation shall not pass, till ALL these things be fulfilled.”
Now it is ASSUMED that the “THIS” generation is speaking of the generation to WHOM Jesus was speaking to at the time of the ministry of Jesus, which was around 27 AD or 28 AD to 31 AD to 33 AD, which would fit the year 70 AD as a POSSIBLE fulfillment of THAT generation in the day of Jesus as being the “THIS” generation that would be alive when ALL these things were supposedly to have already been FULFILLED according to the view of PRETERISM. After all this IS one of THEIR PROOF texts.
In order to INTERPRET the WHO of “THIS” generation being spoken about in verse 34 we must consider the WHOLE context of Matthew 24. So for now to keep this study as short as possible we will just read Matthew 24:29-34 to see what ALL these things that MUST be SEEN are referring for the generation to be the “THIS” generation.
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall SEE the Son of man COMING in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32. NOW learn a parable of the FIG tree; WHEN his branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is nigh:
33. So LIKEWISE you, when you shall see ALL these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34. Verily I say unto you, THIS generation (speaking of the generation the SEES ALL these THINGS, which INCLUDES the SIGNS in the SUN, MOON, and STARS) shall not pass, till ALL these things be FULFILLED.”
Now the ALL these things that will be FULFILLED BEFORE THIS generation that SEE ALL these THINGS that Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24 will ALSO SEE Jesus COMING in great clouds of glory. In other words, the VISIBLE SECOND coming of Jesus MUST without fail be FULFILLED during the “THIS” generation who SEE ALL the things that Jesus spoke of in Matthew chapter 24 in order for that generation to be the CORRECT generation to have SEEN ALL of these things to KNOW that their redemption was drawing near and even at the door.
Let us now take a look at Luke 21:5-32, which says,
“And as some spoke of the TEMPLE, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he (Jesus) said,
6. As for THESE things which you behold (speaking of the TEMPLE), the DAYS will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7. And they asked him, saying, Master, but WHEN shall these things be? AND what SIGN will there be when these things shall come to pass?
8. And he said, Take heed that you be not DECEIVED: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draws near: go you not therefore after them. (Here Jesus is warning US about men like Sun Myung Moon, Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, David Koresh, and the yet coming Muslim Mahdi just to name a few who are and will be FALSE Christs in OUR day that MANY Christians have written about warning other Christians. But yet I myself have not heard of even ONE false Christ being written about by the early church writers from Jesus all the way through to the second century. Just saying that this is ONE of the ALL these things that MUST be SEEN by the “THIS” generation for it to be the CORRECT generation.)
9. But when you shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; BUT the END is NOT by and by.(yes the church around and the Jews around 70 AD obviously heard of wars and rumors of wars, but Jesus said, BUT the END is NOT yet. In other words, MORE SIGNS MUST be fulfilled or SEE before a generation can be the CORRECT “THIS” generation spoken of by Jesus in Matthew 34.)
10. Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: (did this happen from the time of Jesus to 70 AD?)
11. And great earthquakes shall be in divers (or different) places (I have heard people say that this not only mean in many different places all over the world, but also in places where earthquakes have never happened before), and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and GREAT SIGNS shall there be from heaven. (did the church in 70 AD SEE these things as well?)
12. But BEFORE all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. (certainly the early church did indeed see much tribulation and even some Christians THOUGHT that the day was at hand BECAUSE of their being persecuted. But Paul ASSURED them that the day of the Lord was NOT at hand and NOT for them to be deceived of trouble, because that day of the Lord will NOT come UNTIL TWO things take place FIRST. A great falling away or apostasy AND the Antichrist being made known to the church. Please read 1 Thessalonians chapter 2 and chapter 3, which we will cover further on in this study.)
13. And it shall turn to you for a testimony.(meaning that the angels that God has placed in charge over you see the evil men to to you and your faithfulness to forgive them and walk in love so great is your reward in heaven for your works show a good testimony.)
14. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what you shall answer:
15. For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16. And you shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinfolk, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.(So be SURE that all your family and close friend are truly born again, filled with the Holy Spirit, and rooted and grounded in God's word. Other wise their MAY be a mole in your midst in thd days ahead seeking to save their own life by betraying you hiding place. You see, they will be some in prison awaiting death, and their will be some in hiding. And their may be some in parts of the world where the killing hand of Muslims have not reached. I have heard testimonies of Muslims who have become very devout and faithful Christians who are in hiding in Muslim dominated countries who desire to get out of their country to live in peace. The number of Christian in hiding will grow more and more as the day of our Lord approaches. And Jesus WARNS those in hiding to stay in hiding and NOT believe the rumors that Jesus has come.)
17. And you shall be hated of all men for MY name's sake. (showing us that these are CHRISTIANS to whom these words are spoken and NOT to the JEWS as some FALSELY teach like the PRE tribulation prophecy teachers.)
18. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. (this doe not mean that not one Christians will die physically, but rather that not one christian will PERISH in the lake of fire if the endure unto the end to remain faithful to NOT DENY Jesus as the SON OF Almighty God who died on the cross for their sins)
19. In your patience possess you your souls.(meaning no matter if we live or die we KNOW we shall ever be with the Lord.)
20. And when YOU shall SEE Jerusalem compassed with ARMIES, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. (or when you shall SEE the ABOMINATION of DESOLATION spoken of by Daniel the prophet, then KNOW that the DESOLATION of Jerusalem draws near. Please read the study “WHAT IS THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION?”)
21. Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter there into. (meaning those who are in Judea and the surrounding countries to GET OUT and those in other countries do NOT god there. I am sorrow but I cannot see a PIG being sacrificed on the Temple mount as being “THE” abomination spoken of by Daniel the prophet.)
22. For these be the days of vengeance, that ALL things which are written may be fulfilled. (which INCLUDES the VISIBLE SECOND coming of Jesus where EVERY EYE shall SEE him and the NATIONS will mourn. So again I am sorrow but I myself cannot see the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD as being “THE” abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel.)
23. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath (Speaking of the wrath of Satan in Revelation 12:12-17) upon this people.
24. And they (NOT the CHRISTIANS but rather the “THEY” here is speaking of the JEWS being SCATTERED all over the world in every nation and having no more homeland) shall fall by the edge of the sword, and (they the JEWS) shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. (this is speaking of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, PLUS the taking of the Jews being led into captivity of the Muslims from the the time of the construction of the Dome of the Rock from 685 AD to 706 AD to 1948 when the Jews began returning to their homeland. But at the END of the TIMES of the Gentiles be fulfilled their will be another WAR against Jerusalem to make her DESOLATE that is YET FUTURE and even at the door in our day as I am writing this study in December of 2015.)
25. And there shall be SIGNS in the SUN, and in the MOON, and in the STARS; and upon the earth distress of NATIONS (PLURAL and NOT just the one nation of Israel again showing that not all of these things are speaking of the destruction of the TEMPLE in Jerusalem in 70 AD as some falsely teach), with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; (what did hurricanes and tsunamis have to do with the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD? NOTHING, because these kinds of signs will grow worse and worse in the LAST days leading up to the last 3 ½ years of the seventieth week of Daniel, which is WHEN WE shall see the Antichrist and the abomination that causes Jerusalem to be made DESOLATE.)
26. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (the POWERS of the heaven being shaken is speaking of the WAR between Satan and his angels against Michael and his angels. At this time the STARS will fall from heaven like figs off a fig tree shaken in the wind. This great WAR in heaven the SKIES of the earth will take place IMMEDIATELY AFTER the 3 ½ years of GREAT tribulation. Now it is impossible for a LITERAL STAR to fall to the earth. So seeing the ANGELS are called STARS I myself am seeing that Satan and his angels being CAST DOWN OUT of the MIDST of heaven as being the STARS falling from heaven instilling FEAR in the hearts of mankind who do not know what is going on. Please read the study “WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT UFO'S?” for a deeper understanding of how SOME in the WORLD will see the coming of Jesus as an invasion from aliens of another world. Now it may be that a meter shower will be the stars that far from heaven, but if this be the case then these meteors with not burn up in the atmosphere like most meteor showers that I have see that do NOT strike FEAR in the hearts of men.)
27. And then shall they SEE the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28. And when THESE things BEGIN to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws nigh.(so when we see Jerusalem surround by armies we have 3 ½ years or less before we see the SIGNS in the SUN, MOON, and STARS and the powers of heaven be shaken and a great earthquake such as has never been before on the earth, which will USHER IN the SECOND coming of Jesus IMMEDIATELY AFTER this 3 ½ years of GREAT tribulation that has never been the like nor ever shall be again. Again not ALL these things have been FULFILLED as yet. Can you not see dear child of God that in order for 70 AD to have been the FULFILLMENT of Matthew 24 and Revelation chapter 1 through chapter 20 verse 4 or verse 10 depending on which preterist Bible study you are reading MUST have ALL the prophecy fulfilled. Yes I agree that 70 AD certainly fulfills the destruction of the TEMPLE, but that is only ONE of the things Jesus spoke of and it was only ONE of the question the disciple asked Jesus. Please read M"MATTHEW 23:1-31 EXLAINED!" for an in depth verse by verse study on the THREE question the disciples asked Jesus.)
29. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30. When they now shoot forth, you see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31. So likewise you, when you see these things come to pass, know you that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. (now this phrase “nigh at hand” has been used all through the history of the church for almost 2000 years, so to ME the Bible is written in such a way so that EVERY generation truly believes that they are the “THIS” generation. I believe God did this so that the church would not be dormant and stop preaching the gospel. Jesus used this phrase and the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem to over forty years after his resurrection. You see Jesus is not all KNOWING as some teach. Jesus did NOT perceive as yet the day and hour of his return. But Jesus did perceive that the generation that does see ALL these things will be the generation the SEES his COMING as well. And the generation of 70 AD did NOT see the VISIBLE SECOND coming of Jesus where the NATIONS plural shall mourn.)
34. Verily I say unto you, THIS generation shall NOT pass away, till ALL be fulfilled.”
Again the “TILL ALL BE FULFILLED” must without fail INCLUDE the VISIBLE SECOND coming of Jesus to gather the faithful saints to himself and execute the WRATH of Almighty God the Father upon the NATIONS of the world who are seeking to kill every last Jew and every last Christian especially in that part of the world in the Middle East.
In other words, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the generation in the day of Jesus to be the “THIS” generation to SEE ALL these things, because Jesus has NOT VISIBLY returned as yet. And this goes for EVERY generation from the time of Jesus to this very day, because the SECOND coming of Jesus where EVERY EYE shall see him has NOT taken place as yet. It is still yet FUTURE.
Now some try and argue that Jesus returned INVISIBLY to try and FORCE their interpretation of a NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. You see some preterist make the CLAIM that we are NOW living in the MILLENNIUM of an unspecified number of years meaning that the 1000 year reign of Jesus does NOT mean a LITERAL 1000 years.
So let us ASSUME for now that their INTERPRETATION is correct and the 1000 year reign of Jesus is NOT a LITERAL 1000 years as they CLAIM.
Remember what I have taught over and over in most every study I write that ANY interpretation must AGREE with the WHOLE word of God in order for that interpretation to be the CORRECT interpretation. In other words, ANY interpretation that CONTRADICTS any other part of God's word is NOT a correct interpretation.
So then, the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, clearly and plainly STATES that the YEARS on man DURING this “unspecified number of years” that Jesus will reign will be 100 years of age where EVERY ONE will live out their FULL 100 years of age and NONE will die prematurely. Please read Isaiah 62:20, which needs NO interpretation to those with eyes to see.
“There shall be NO MORE thence an infant of days, NOR an old man that HAS NOT FILLED his days: for the child shall die an HUNDRED YEARS OLD; but the sinner being an HUNDRED YEARS OLD shall be accursed.”
So the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, make it QUITE clear that there is COMING an AGE where ALL of mankind will live to be a FULL 100 years of age and NO MORE will an infant DIE until he or she has lived a FULL 100 years of age.
Now IF SO BE that the INTERPRETATION of those who teach preterism, which teaches that we are ALREADY living in this AGE of an unspecified number of days, then ALL of the word of God MUST AGREE and CLEARLY it does NOT agree, because not every one is NOW living to be a FULL 100 years old.
You see since the day Jesus rose from the dead to this very day there has NOT YET been any number of days where ALL of mankind from infant to old man lived a FULL 100 years of age.
But if you INTERPRET the 1000 year reign of Jesus to be a LITERAL 1000 year reign that is yet FUTURE, then and ONLY then will you has an AGE where mankind will live a FULL 100 years of age. Now some preterists have somehow gotten the WRONG idea that ALL the mankind EXCEPT the Christians and the remnant of Jews will be slain at the second coming of Jesus.
This is simply NOT the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. Please read Zachariah 14:16 which clearly and plainly STATES with NO interpretation needed that there will be those LEFT alive of ALL nations even those NATIONS that fought AGAINST Israel.
“And it SHALL come to PASS, that EVERY ONE that is LEFT of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.”
Now I ask you dear child of God has THIS ever happened at ANY time from 70 AD to this present day? NO it has NOT. Jesus has NOT returned to make WAR with the nations who will IN the FUTURE come and fight against Israel. Nor have ALL of mankind left alive after that WAR come up every year to worship the King the LORD of host.
What some Christians have not seen or understood as yet in that there is going to be THREE groups of people DURING the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus. One group of people will be CHRISTIANS, those found to be those good and faithful servants unto the end, who will be given ETERNAL LIFE at the SECOND coming of Jesus to rule and reign WITH Jesus over the OTHER TWO groups of people who will be in MORTAL bodies that can DIE. God will grant that THEIR age will be a FULL 1000 years of age and NO MORE will an infant DIE until he or she lives out their FULL 100 years. So the other TWO groups in their MORTAL bodies will be the remnant of Israel and those LEFT of ALL the other NATIONS of the world.
And besides these things the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, clearly and plainly STATES that there will be NO WARS during this LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus. Please read Isaiah 2:4, which needs NO interpretation.
“And he (Jesus) shall judge among the NATIONS (plural speaking of those LEFT alive of ALL the NATIONS), and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall NOT lift up sword against nation, NEITHER shall they LEARN WAR ANY MORE.”
This is speaking of DURING this 1000 year reign of Jesus not one single nation will LEARN to make WAR any more during this reign of Jesus. But AFTER or at the END of the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus Satan will be loosed from being BOUND these 1000 years to once again TEACH the nations to make WAR once again. Have you ever WONDERED WHY God would LET Satan the devil LOOSE after he had his ENEMY bound for a literal 1000 years? If so please read the study “UNDERSTANDING WHY?”, which will answer many question of WHY God ALLOWS evil in this present world.
But my point right now is that there has NEVER been a time on the earth since Jesus rose from the grave to this present time where there has NOT been some war some where on the earth. So again this is speaking of a yet FUTURE fulfillment that will take place AFTER the SECOND coming of Jesus.
Therefore any one who believes or teaches that the second coming of Jesus is at the END of a NON LITERAL unspecified age that we are SUPPOSEDLY living in NOW is believing and teaching a FALSE doctrine, because Satan is loosed at the END of the 1000 year reign of Jesus, which is WHEN they CLAIM that Jesus is coming again. So WHEN are all these other prophecies going to be fulfilled? When will all nation come year after year to worship the King the Lord of host? WHEN will the LIFESPAN of man be 100 FULLS years of age? The Bible says that Satan will be loose a LITTLE season of a very short time so there will NOT be hundreds of years for mankind to live a FULL 100 years of age.
Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, that the ONLY solution is to interpret the 1000 year reign of Jesus as a LITERAL 1000 years for their to be enough time for generations of mankind to live a FULL 100 years of age before they DIE.
You see AFTER this 1000 year reign of Jesus comes the JUDGMENT of those who have NOT received eternal life at the coming of Jesus. Let us read Revelation chapter 20 being interpreted in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of Almighty God and you will see what I mean about there NOT being enough time at the END of this 1000 years fro ALL prophecy to be FULFILLED.
“And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and BOUND him a thousand years, (This mean NO MORE TEMPTATION, no more oppressing mankind with sickness and disease for a literal 1000 years, no more WAR for a 1000 years, and no more PREMATURE death for a 1000 years. NONE of which has happened as yet from Jesus to this present age in any generation or age. Therefore this LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus with Satan BOUND for this 1000 years is still yet FUTURE.)
3. And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should DECEIVE the nations NO MORE, TILL the thousand years should be FULFILLED:(so NO MORE works of the devil for a 1000 years. Remember that Jesus went about HEALING all who were OPPRESSED of the DEVIL with those sicknesses and diseases. So NO MORE SICKNESS and DISEASE during this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus) and AFTER that he must be loosed a little season (speaking of after this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus with NO MORE works of the devil. No more temptation to sin. No more sickness and disease, no more premature death. And no more WAR until AFTER this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus.)
4. And I saw THRONES (more than one throne), and THEY sat upon THEM (speaking of MORE than just one person sitting on just ONE throne), and judgment was given unto THEM (know you not that WE shall JUDGE the angels and RULE and REIGN WITH Jesus for a LITERAL 1000 years?): and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, AND for the word of God (speaking of the TWO witnesses, who are the ONLY TWO groups of people who stand for the one true and only Almighty God AND his SON Jesus. And these two witnesses are the CHRISTIANS and the JEWS), and which had NOT worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they LIVED (having a dual meaning, one being left ALIVE and the other being raised from the dead) and REIGNED WITH Christ a thousand years.
5. But the REST of the DEAD lived not again UNTIL the thousand years were finished. This is the FIRST resurrection. (The FIRST resurrection is ONLY for the DEAD who are IN Jesus Christ. The Jews do NOT take part in the FIRST resurrection, but rather the Jews are saved ALIVE at the second coming of Jews to LIVE during the 1000 year reign of Jesus in their MORTAL bodies. ONLY the Christians receive ETERNAL LIFE at the second coming of Jesus)
6. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the FIRST resurrection: on such the SECOND DEATH HAS NO POWER, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall REIGN with him a thousand years. (please notice that the word “LIVE” is not in this verse, which tells me that that ONE of the TWO witnesses speaking of the JEWS will LIVE in their MORTAL bodies while the other witness speaking of the Christians shall LIVE in their IMMORTAL bodies during this literal thousand year reign of Jesus.)
7. And when the thousand years are EXPIRED, Satan shall be LOOSED out of his prison,
8. And shall go out to DECEIVE the NATIONS (NOT the CHRISTIANS and most likely NOT the Jews either, but rather those LEFT of ALL nation who will one day fight against Jesus at his second coming. It is these NATIONS that Satan will once again DECEIVE) which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city (Jesus will rebuild the city of Jerusalem during his 1000 year reign): and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet ARE (remember that at the BEGINNING or right BEFORE the 1000 year reign of Jesus was the ONE and ONLY SECOND coming of Jesus who defeated the ANTICHRIST and the angel cast him and the false prophet ALIVE into the lake of fire. This again PROVES a LITERAL 1000 years between the time that the beast and the false prophet were cast alive in the lake of fire and the time that Satan, the fallen angels, and all the wicked are cast into the lake of fire to be destroyed. The words where the beast and the false prophet are does not necessarily demand that the are still yet alive being tormented for all eternity, but rather the DEVIL is cast into the lake of fire), and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. ( I believe that IF any are tormented from an eon to an eon, or from an age to another age, then it will ONLY Satan and the fallen angels who will be tormented day and night for an AGE or until the age of the little season ends. Please read the study “DOES REVELATION 20:10 teach ETERNAL TORMENT?”)
11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and ANOTHER book was opened, which is the book of life (this is ANOTHER book or life and NOT the LAMBS book of life. You see the CHRISTIANS has ALREADY been judged and have ALREADY received their reward of ETERNAL LIFE and the second death has NO POWER over them at the SECOND coming of Jesus BEFORE the literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. So these OTHER books are for the REST of the dead and those who remained alive after this FINAL WAR at the END of this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. This FINAL war is NOT the battle of Armageddon that will be fought BEFORE this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. Anyway at the second and FINAL judgment ANOTHER book of life as well as some other books will be opened): and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the BOOKS, according to their works.
13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.(You see, there will be RIGHTEOUS people who DIE DURING this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. Therefore not ALL the dead who are raised will be the WICKED. In other words, ALL the wicked form Adam to the END of the 1000 year reign of Jesus what are DEAD will be raised at this SECOND and only other resurrection to take place after the FIRST resurrection of the Dead in Jesus Christ, and then the wicked shall be cast into the lake of fire to be DESTROYED. And the RIGHTEOUS both the righteous who remained alive during the final war of God and Magog and the righteous who died during this war or who died at any point during this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus shall be given eternal life just as the Christians were already given eternal life right BEFORE this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus.)
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. (this means NO MORE death and ALL the righteous will live forever never more to die. Almighty God the father HIMSELF will descend down will his CITY the NEW Jerusalem and the Eternal Spirit, the Father will dwell with man for all eternity.)
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, that there is NOT enough time from the time that Satan is loose to the SECOND coming of Jesus AT the END of a NON literal unspecified number of years for all the prophecies that most DEFINITELY have NOT been fulfilled as yet to BE fulfilled at the END of a so called INTERPRETED non literal 1000 year reign of Jesus.
LET me list the ERRORS in a NON literal INTERPRETATION of the 1000 year reign of Jesus that I myself have found. First of all I believe the biggest error is to try and interpret everything SYMBOLICALLY. And on the same not it is equally in error to try and interpret everything LITERALLY. The best approach is to interpret as much as possible in a LITERAL sense and then when common sense does not allow a literal interpretation, then it is assumed that the Bible is speaking FIGURATIVELY. But always remember that any interpretation MUST AGREE with the REST of God's clear, plain, and simple word that need no interpretation what so ever.
#1. First of all Jesus will NOT REIGN in his Father's kingdom ON the EARTH, UNTIL Jesus comes again. This is just common sense. Jesus said he would come again and that every eye will SEE him. Clearly this has NOT happened as yet. We as Christians are not ruling and reigning with Jesus as yet. we have not received our immortal bodies as yet so Revelation 20:3-6 have NOT been fulfilled as yet and therefore the time of great tribulation has not been COMPLETELY fulfilled as yet, and it will not be completely fulfilled UNTIL the VISIBLE second coming of Jesus.
#2. EVERY passage of Scripture speaks of a LITERAL and VISIBLE coming of Jesus where EVERY EYE shall SEE him coming in great clouds of glory and not ONE single verse every teaches us of a SECRET coming. There is ONE and ONLY ONE SECOND coming of Jesus. NO SPLIT in two part second coming as those who teach a PRE trib escapism rapture of the church. And NO so called INVISIBLE coming like the Jehovah's Witnesses falsely teach as well as the Sabbath keeping churches like the 7th Day Adventist falsely teach. There is only ONE return of Jesus, which is IMMEDIATELY AFTER the last 3 ½ years of GREAT tribulation and right BEFORE his literal 1000 year reign.
#3. ONLY those who are IN Jesus Christ AT his SECOND coming will be given ETERNAL LIFE. Therefore ACCORDING to those who wrongly teach that the second coming is at the END of a NON literal 1000 years not ONE Jew and not ONE of those left of the nations will have a chance to receive eternal life, because they will NOT be IN Jesus Christ at his coming no matter WHEN the second coming of Jesus is interpreted.
#4. There MUST be a LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus who those who are NOT in Jesus Christ at his SECOND coming to be TAUGHT of the Lord.
#5. THEN there must be a little season for those TAUGHT of the Lord to be TEMPTED to see if they will ENDURE unto the END like those of us who will endure unto the end to obtain ETERNAL LIFE at the SECOND coming of Jesus BEFORE this literal 1000 years of Jesus where we will rule and reign OVER those in their MORTAL bodies who will be TAUGHT of the Lord by US the faithful Christians.
#6. There must be a literal 1000 year reign of Jesus to allow enough time for those in their MORTAL bodies to live a FULL hundred years, to build houses, to bear children and for their children to live a FULL 100 years and so on for several generations.
#7. There must be a LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus for Satan to be BOUND, because Satan is CERTAINLY NOT BOUND in this present age. Satan still yet DECEIVES people and the “PRETERIST” are the perfect example by being DECEIVED that Satan is BOUND right NOW in this PRESENT age.
#8. There must be a LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus were mankind does NOT learn WAR any more during that 1000 years. And if you even remotely think that this has already been FULFILLED, then all I can say is that you are TRULY DECEIVED by Satan, which again proves my point that Satan is NOT yet BOUND for a literal 1000 years.
#9. There must be a LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus for people of ALL NATIONS as in EVERY person to come year after year to Jerusalem where the city of God will bet set above Jerusalem fro every man to come and worship the King the Lord of hosts. I for one have NEVER heard of such a time of any length where every person must go to Jerusalem to keep the feast of tabernacles. Therefore the 1000 year reign of Jesus is yet FUTURE.
#10. There must be a LITERAL 3 ½ years of GREAT tribulation that is YET FUTURE, because Jesus HIMSELF says that he will come again IMMEDIATELY AFTER this time of tribulation.
#11. The second coming of Jesus has NOT come as yet, because the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, clearly and plainly teaches us that the coming of Jesus will be VISIBLE and EVERY EYE shall SEE him coming in great clouds of glory.
#12. It is IMPOSSIBLE for the dead in Jesus Christ, to be raised from the dead, given eternal life in order to live and REIGN WITH Jesus for a literal 1000 years, IF SO BE that the 1000 reign reign of Jesus is a NON literal unspecified period of time that we are SUPPOSEDLY living in RIGHT NOW. I myself do NOT see any of my SAVED relatives who have died that are now LIVING and reigning WITH me NOW while I am SUPPOSED to be living and reigning with Jesus NOW in this PRESENT world as the “preterist” CLAIM.
#13. It is IMPOSSIBLE for us to be living in a NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus that we are SUPPOSEDLY living in NOW, because Isaiah prophesies that DURING this time the lion will eat grass or straw like to ox, the wolf and the lamb will dwell together and eat together, and lions will dwell with a young calf and no animal will harm another animal or person in the kingdom age where even an infant can play in a den of snakes without being harmed in any way. I do not know about you but this is NOT a description of this PRESENT age that we are living in NOW that is SUPPOSED to be the NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus.
#14. Jesus told Israel plainly that he will not return UNTIL they say, Blessed in he who comes in the name of the Lord. You see dear child of God, before the Olivet discourse in Matthew 24 Jesus stated in Matthew 23:31-39 to to multitude and to his disciples things concerning that generation, but I will only quote the last four verse. You can read the rest of Matthew 24 on your own.
Matthew 23:31 says,
“Verily I say unto you, ALL THESE things shall come upon THIS generation.”
Then in the next three verses Jesus explains his own desire of what he wants for them, but then goes on to tell them how it is actually going to be and what they will do and see. Here is what Jesus told the “THIS” GENERATION of HIS day as he weep.
Matthew 23:32-39 says,
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets, and stone them which are sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you would NOT! (and BECAUSE of their REJECTION of Jesus being their MESSIAH Jesus prophesied the judgment of THAT GENERATION in the following two verses)
38. Behold, your HOUSE (or your TEMPLE) house is left unto you DESOLATE.
39. For I (Jesus HIMSELF is speaking here to the GENERATION of his day saying for I say unto you, YOU (speaking of the GENERATION in the time Jesus was crucified) shall NOT see me henceforth, TILL YOU (speaking of the JEWS in the LAST days many generation in the FUTURE) shall SAY, Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.”
So the TRUTH of the matter is that Jesus has NOT come again, because NOT ONE single GENERATION of his people the JEWS have ever CALLED upon his name saying,
“Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.”
#15. The GENERATION in the day of the ministry of Jesus was always asking for a SIGN and Jesus told THAT GENERATION that there would have NO SIGNE except that of Jonah. Please read Luke 11:29,30, which says,
“And when the people were gathered thick together, he (Jesus) began to say, THIS is an EVIL generation: they seek a SIGN; and there shall NO sign be given it (the very GENERATION to whom Jesus was speaking shall NO SIGN be given), BUT (or except for) the SIGN of Jonas the prophet.
30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.”
We all know the story of how Jonah was sent to this wicked city of Nineveh to preach REPENTANCE so that they would REPENT. So likewise was the Son of man sent to Jerusalem to PREACH repentance, but the GENERATION of Jesus did NOT repent and receive Jesus as their MESSIAH.
The MAIN point here is the the “THIS” generation of Jesus was to be given NO OTHER SIGN except Jesus being CRUCIFIED, in the belly of the earth 3 days and 3 nights and RESURRECTED after the third day so that they would KNOW that he was their MESSIAH. SOME believed on Jesus as their Messiah, but most Jews as a whole REJECTED Jesus as their Messiah so God turn to the Gentile in order to PROVOKE Israel to jealousy so that they would REPENT and turn to him. Then the word of God says that he WILL one day in the FUTURE turn AGAIN to his people the JEWS.
Then Jesus gathers together his DISCIPLES ONLY to teach them about the SIGNS that the GENERATION that would see his coming will SEE. And his disciples asked Jesus THREE questions. In other words, the disciple of Jesus did NOT ask the ONE question of when the TEMPLE shall be destroyed, but rather they asked Jesus THREE questions. Let us now read what has come to be called the Olivet discourse or the Sermon on the Mount or Olives in Matthew 24:1-34. You can read the whole of this passage of scripture fully explained in the study “MATTHEW 24:1-31 EXPLAINED!”, where I show the errors of a PRE tribulation rapture of the church, but for now we will just cover the first four verses.
“And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to show him the buildings of the temple.
2. And Jesus said unto them, See you not all these things? Verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.”
Now in case you did NOT see the THREE DISTINCT questions that the DISCIPLES of Jesus specifically asked Jesus we will go through these four verse again on by one EXPLAINED.
Matthew 24:1 says,
“And Jesus went out, and departed from the TEMPLE: and his DISCIPLES came to him for to show him the BUILDINGS of the temple.”
This is pretty straight forward and does not need much explaining, but I would like to point out the the disciples of Jesus AT this time consisted of his people the JEWS ONLY and they were proud of their beautiful TEMPLE and they were showing it off so to speak to Jesus.
Matthew 24:2 says,
2. And Jesus said unto THEM (his DISCIPLES), See you not all these things? Verily (or TRULY or of an ASSURANCE) I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
This is basically the SAME thing that Jesus told the MULTITUDE AND his disciple in the previous charter that we just discussed, but evidently it went in one ear and out the other so to speak and his disciples did not understand what Jesus was telling them so Jesus is telling the PLAINLY here that their beautifully TEMPLE is going to be completely DESTROYED. Jesus is laying the foundation that WE speaking of ALL who believe on will become the TEMPLE of the living God. Please read the study “THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER!”
Matthew 24:3 says,
3. "And as he (speaking of Jesus) sat (sat WHERE? Jesus sat) upon the mount of Olives, the DISCIPLES came unto him (or the DISCIPLES came unto or over to JESUS sitting down on the mount of Olive) PRIVATELY, saying, Tell US, #1. WHEN shall these things be? AND #2. what shall be the sign of your coming, AND #3. of the end of the world?"
Now the very first thing that I want you to noticed and to CONTINUE to stay FOCUSED upon is the FACT that Jesus is now speaking to his DISCIPLES in PRIVATE. This is very important to UNDERSTAND, because there are some FALSE teachers and some FALSE teachings that will try and DECEIVE you into believing the this whole chapter of Matthew 24 has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the CHURCH, but rather that this chapter is speaking about the JEWS ONLY in the last days during the time of GREAT tribulation.
I know that I am getting ahead of myself, but I can not stress enough how vitally important it is to keep this entire chapter in the CONTEXT of where it is found and the CONTEXT clearly teaches us that Jesus is speaking DIRECTLY to his DISCIPLES ONLY, which will become his CHURCH in PRIVATE.
The next thing that I want you to see from verse 3 is that the disciple of Jesus or the CHURCH of Jesus ask Jesus THREE questions, which are as follows:
Question #1. “...Tell US, WHEN shall these things be?..."
In other words, the DISCIPLES of Jesus, the FOLLOWERS of Jesus, or more PRECISELY the CHURCH of Jesus is asking Jesus question number 1 in PRIVATE saying. Tell US, WHEN shall THESE things be or shall when shall they take place?
Now the THESE things are referring back to what Jesus just said in the previous verse about the DESTRUCTION of the TEMPLE and the city of JERUSALEM where not one stone will be left upon another.
Question #2. “...AND WHAT shall be the SIGN of your COMING,...”
So here we are given a clue as to the fact that not EVERY thing that Jesus told his disciples is recorded in the Bible. To ME, it appears that when Jesus told US, his church, about the destruction of the TEMPLE of Jerusalem that the disciples of Jesus somehow CONNECTED this DESTRUCTION of the TEMPLE with the COMING of Jesus, because they ALSO ask the question of WHAT shall be the SIGN of your COMING.
In other words, the disciples wanted to know is there any thing ELSE other than the DESTRUCTION of the TEMPLE and the city of JERUSALEM that we should be LOOKING for to in order to KNOW when you are COMING is one interpretation?
Another interpretation is that they REMEMBERED the word of Jesus saying to THIS EVIL GENERATION that NO sign would be given EXCEPT the sign of Jonah so the DISCIPLES of Jesus where asking Jesus in PRIVATE as to WHAT the SIGN of his COMING would be.
No matter how you interpret these words, KNOW that the disciples of Jesus were asking MORE than just about the destruction of the TEMPLE.
Question #3. “...AND of the END of the WORLD?”
So then, evidently Jesus had talked to his disciple about the END of the WORLD or the end of this PRESENT AGE, and they wanted to know that if WHEN the city of Jerusalem was DESTROYED would this be a SIGN that the END of this present age was near at hand.
Please keep in mind the WHOLE word of God and REMEMBER ALSO the words of Jesus who clearly and plainly told us that he himself nor the angels nor any man KNOWS the day and the hour of his coming, but that ONLY his God and Father in heaven KNOWS the day and the hour of his SECOND COMING.
But Jesus did PERCEIVE some SIGNS of his coming and said to US his church that the “THIS” GENERATION that SEES ALL these signs shall NOT pass away until ALL these things Jesus spoke to US his CHURCH in Matthew 24:1-34 and one of those THINGS was his SECOND COMING where EVERY EYE shall see him and the NATIONS speaking of ALL the nations of the world shall MOURN at his coming in clouds of great glory making WAR with those nations that are making all out WAR against Israel. And THIS generation I personally believe is OUR generation or at the very least the generation of our children.
So if you INTERPRET Matthew 24:34 as being WHEN Israel began to BLOSSOM returning to their HOMELAND in 1948 and you ASSUME that a generation is 70 to 80 years, then that places either the time of the great tribulation to start in the year 2018 to 2028. OR this places the SECOND COMING of Jesus to be in the year 2018 to 2028. NOT that I am sitting any dates of the coming of Jesus, but rather I am just sharing with you my readers what OTHER are speculating.
I myself am looking for the SIGN of Jerusalem being completely surrounded by Muslim Islamic ARMIES seeking to wipe the nation of Israel off the face of the earth. Now I do NOT limit these ARMIES to be just the Muslim armies, because I do see the possibility of Russian and China being involved as well with interest in the OIL in the Middle East so being an ALLEY to the Muslims increases FAVOR with the Muslims who basically own the major oil fields of the entire world. To ME this is the WINE of fornication spoken of in the Book of Revelation and the HOOK spoken of in the Book of Ezekiel.
I am also looking for the SIGN of NO RAIN for 3 ½ years in Israel spoken of in Revelation chapter 11.
And thirdly I am looking for the FEARFUL signs in the SUN, MOON, and STARS that will USHER IN the SECOND COMING of Jesus. I personally do NOT see these sign being mere ECLIPSES simple because eclipsed do NOT strike FEAR in the hearts of men. Now I am not ruling out the possibility of there being eclipses as a sign that will occur at the second coming of Jesus, but rather I am saying that to ME these signs in the SUN, MOON, and STARS need to strike FEAR in the hearts of mankind, because that is what the word of TRUTH says they will do.
#16. Now some preterist argue making the CLAIM that the “THIS” generation must without fail be the very generation in the day of Jesus, because he used the word “THIS”.
Well IF SO BE that this were a CORRECT INTERPRETATION, then EVERY time the word of God says YOU or THIS, then it must without fail NOT be speaking to US the church. I mean to ME this argument is so ridiculous that I am not even going to waste your time going through HUNDREDS of verses proving beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Bible was written to the entire world and NOT just the this GENERATION in the day of Jesus ONLY.
#17. Rather Jesus says also speaking of a FUTURE generation use the words “in THE generation”. Please read Matthew 19: 28,29, which says,
“And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That YOU which have FOLLOWED ME (speaking of EVERY BELIEVER who is following Jesus whether they have died or whether they have remain alive unto the coming of Jesus), in the REGENERATION (speaking of OUR CHANGE at the FIRST resurrection) WHEN the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory (speaking of the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus), YOU ALSO shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (these twelve thrones seem to be reserved for the twelve disciple of Jesus, but this is not the only verse in the Bible so this does NOT mean that ONLY the twelve disciples will RULE and REIGN with Jesus for a LITERAL 1000 years during the LITERAL Millennial kingdom of Jesus.)
29. And EVERY ONE (of my followers) that has forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for MY NAME'S sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
30. But many that are FIRST (speaking of the JEWS who were given the gospel of so great a salvation FIRST) shall be last; and the LAST (speaking of the Gentile nations that God turned to after his people Israel rejected their Messiah) shall be first.”
#18. Jesus speaking to not only the generation in his day but toe all generations from Adam to this present day shall NOT see his RETURN and drink the fruit of the vine UNTIL that DAY when Jesus shall drink the fruit of the vine with his FOLLOWERS in his Father's kingdom speaking of the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus. Please read Matthew 26:27-29, which says,
“And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink you all of it;
28. For this is my blood (NOT his LITERAL blood like the Roman Catholics falsely teach. Jesus has not even went to the cross at this point in time. The fruit of the vine we take at communion is a SYMBOLIC REMEMBER of the shed blood of Jesus the he shed for our sins and not for ours only but for the sins of the whole world. So it is the BLOOD of Jesus the CUP that he bore for the sins of the world that is the cup of blood) of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine,(again NOT a LITERAL cup of BLOOD< but rather a cup of wine that Jesus said he would NOT drink AGAIN) UNTIL THAT DAY I drink it new with YOU (speaking of ALL my followers) in my Father's kingdom.”
Well I can only speak for myself, but I personally have NOT seen ANY time in HISTORY to this present day where the ENTIRE church or true believers have sat down in our Father's kingdom to drink of the fruit of the vine WITH our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ.
#19. Even when SYMBOLISM is used in the Bible for prophecy there is always a literally FULFILLMENT. A literal Jesus was born to a literal virgin in a literal or actual existing town of Bethlehem in his day. Jesus literally died on the cross for our sins and not nly for our sins but also for the sins of the whole world so that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES on Jesus shall not perish, but rather inherit eternal life in the world YET to come speaking of the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus. If not, then nothing WHY are you a Christian? I mean IF SO BE that ALL has been fulfilled and Jesus has ALREADY come and this present day IS paradise, then you truly are DECEIVED by the enemy.
Yes I full realize that not ALL preterist believe that Jesus has ALREADY come again, but SOME do. But from what I have read ALL preterist do indeed truly believe that we are NOW living in a NON literal unspecified number of years they call the Millennial age. And it is true that some believe that Jesus has come either INVISIBLE or in a way where Jesus uses the nations of this world to JUDGE Israel like the Babylonian empire long before Jesus was even born. So some preterist say that Jesus came back to use the ROMAN army to judge Israel and then he went back to heaven, but that he will also come again VISIBLY sometime in the FUTURE.
But I myself must stay TRUE to the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible that teaches us of ONLY ONE SECOND coming of Jesus and NOT a SPLIT second coming in two parts, NOW does the Bible teach us of an INVISIBLE coming of Jesus, or even of one or more so called INVISIBLE comings for a short time and then returning back to heaven to wait for his VISIBLE coming. These are ALL MAN MAN false teachings to TRY and make an ASSUMED interpretation FIT into their theology or THEORY. A theory is an UNPROVEN assumption that something is true WITHOUT producing hard EVIDENCE. We will take a closed look at WHY preterist have come to believe what they believe further on at the end of this study, which is in just a moment.
#20. A couple of angels told the disciple of Jesus that Jesus would RETURN in a LIKE manner as they SAW him leave watching a VISIBLE ascension of Jesus into the clouds and out of SIGHT. Please read Acts 1:9-12 and notice how many words speak of SEEING a VISIBLE ascension of Jesus.
“And when he had spoken these things, while they BEHELD, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their SIGHT.
10. And while they LOOKED a steadfastly TOWARD heaven AS he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11. Which also said, You men of Galilee, why stand you GAZING UP up into heaven? This SAME Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall SO COME come in LIKE MANNER manner as you have SEEN him go into heaven.
12. Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a Sabbath day's journey.”
Now recall the words of Jesus saying to US his church, WHEN you shall BEGIN to SEE these things come to pass, then LOOK UP for YOUR REDEMPTION draws NEAR and NOT your JUDGMENT draws near. We the church were NEVER told to LOOK for some kind of so called INVISIBLE return of Jesus. This is all garbage and FALSE man made teaching of DECEIVE Christians. I used to be deceived by the so called invisible SECRET coming of Jesus BEFORE the time of Great tribulation that was invisible to the WORLD but not to the faithful Christians who are ready, but the Holy Spirit has led me to see the error of that teaching as well.
#21. The CONTEXT is what determine the CORRECT meaning of a verse. So Matthew 24:34 MUST be INTERPRETED by it's CONTEXT and NOT by the word “THIS” generation ONLY. And part of the context of verse 34 in Matthew 24:32,33, which says,
“NOW LEARN a parable of the FIG tree; When his branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is nigh:
33. So LIKEWISE you, when you shall see all these things, know that IT is near, even at the doors.”
Right after Jesus ANSWERS TWO of the THREE questions of his disciples in PRIVATE Jesus says to US his church,
“NOW LEARN a parable of the FIG tree; WHEN his branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is nigh:”
Jesus is giving us MORE information to KNOW WHEN his SECOND COMING will be. Even if you do NOT interpret the FIG tree as being ISRAEL like the Old Testament uses as a symbol for Israel the example or parable can still be used to let us know that when we SEE ALL the SIGNS Jesus gave to us in Matthew 24;1-34 coming to pass then we will know that his COMING is very near.
But I myself for now learn toward Israel being the BUDDING FIG tree which BEGAN to bloom and blossom in the year 1948. So to ME Jesus is saying WHEN you SEE Israel being restored as a nation then KNOW that my COMING is NEAR.
Then Jesus said in the next verse,
“So LIKEWISE you, when you shall see ALL THESE THINGS, know that IT (my COMING) is near, even at the doors.”
In other word, Jesus is saying when you SEE Israel budding and blossoming as a new nation, then you will also BEGIN to see ALL THESE OTHER SIGNS that I have told you about STARTING with earthquakes in many different places all over the earth, pestilence or all sorts of deadly disease speaking all over the world like never before, hurricane, tsunamis, and violent storms like never before, and war after war and rumors of even more wars and these are just the BEGINNING of sorrows.
For after this you shall see the ABOMINATION of DESOLATION spoken of by the prophet Daniel. But before all of this you shall be persecuted and some of you killed for MY NAME'S sake. So this is NOT speaking of ISRAEL ONLY as some FALSELY teach.
Jesus goes onto say that AFTER we SEE Jerusalem SURROUNDED by ARMIES that this would be a time of GREAT tribulation or PERSECUTION of both the JEWS and the CHRISTIAN like never before nor ever shall be again.
Then IMMEDIATELY AFTER we see ALL these things we the CHURCH along with the rest of the world will SEE great FEARFUL SIGNS in the SUN, in the MOON and in the STARS, which will USHER IN the VISIBLE SECOND COMING of Jesus where EVERY EYE shall SEE Jesus coming in great clouds of glory making WAR with all the ISLAMIC MUSLIM nations who are making war with Israel as well and killing Christians.
God takes NO pleasure in destroying the WICKED but the very wicked or the wicked must be slain in order for at least SOME Muslims to REPENT and call upon the name of Jesus asking for mercy. So all who call upon Jesus in that DAY shall be saved ALIVE to go into the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus to be TAUGHT of the Lord in TRUTH. Satan will be BOUND during this LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus, which to ME proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that we are definitely NOT living in some kind of so called NON literal unspecified number of a NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus.
#22. One has to LITERAL and WILLFULLY convince themselves into a DENIAL that the prophecies of the Old Testament, the prophecies of Jesus, and the prophecies in the Book of Revelation have ALL been FULFILLED except for revelation 20:10 through the end of the prophecies in Revelation 22:21 as plainly STATED by some who call themselves a “PRETERIST”.
This would mean that Jesus will NOT come until the END of the so called NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus, which would then DEMAND some kind of INVISIBLE return of Jesus, some kind of INVISIBLE NON literal resurrection of the dead in Jesus Christ in order to have ALREADY FULFILLED Revelation 20:4-9, which says,
“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands (all these things take place DURING the 3 ½ years of GREAT tribulation); and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.(speaking of the FIRST RESURRECTION and our CHANGE to be glorified with IMMORTAL bodies of flesh and bone like Jesus in the REGENERATION AT the VISIBLE SECOND coming of Jesus when he is coming to rule and reign in his Father kingdom for a LITERAL 1000 years with US ruling and reigning WITH Jesus in this LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus)
5. But the REST (which means EVERY ONE ELSE and therefore DEMANDS that there are just TWO and ONLY TWO resurrection. The FIRST resuurection of eth dead IN jesus christ ONLY that takes place BEFORE the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus so that we can LIVE and REIGN WITH Jesus just like the word of TRUTH, the holy Bible LITERAL states in Revelation 20:4 that we just read. And the ONLY other resurrection will NOT take place until the END of this LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus where the REST) of the dead lived NOT again UNTIL the thousand years were FINISHED. This is the first resurrection. (this SECOND and FINAL resurrection is NOT the FIRST resurrection. You have to understand Old English that speak BACKWARDS to what we do today. Just read this verse from several different translation where NONE of them will lead you to believe that the first resurrection is at the END of some kind of NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. I mean THINK this through for your self dear children of God. Be CONSISTENT in how you INTERPRET the scriptures. If you are going to DEMAND that this is speaking of our SPIRITUAL RESURRECTION, then you MUST ALSO demand that this FIRST resurrection take place at the END of your so called NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus that WE are supposed to be REIGNING WITH Jesus NOW must also be placed at the END of your NON literal 1000 year as well)
6. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the FIRST resurrection: on such the SECOND DEATH has NO power, but they SHALL BE priests of God and of Christ, and SHALL REIGN with him a thousand years. (so ACCORDING to the “PRETERIST” THEORY that the FIRST resurrection is at the END of some kind of NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus still DEMANDS a LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus AFTER their so called NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. But the word of TRUTH tell us NOTHING of a NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus, but rather clearly and plainly speaks of ONE LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus. So WHY do preterist NOT believe that this 1000 years is a LITERAL 1000 years? Please read the study “WHAT IS PRETERISM?” where I explain all the WHYS of why preterist believe what they believe.)
7. And when the thousand years are EXPIRED, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, (and we KNOW without a doubt that Satan is NOT bound in the PRESENT world we are NOW living in with DECEPTION all around us. So it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to NOW be living in some kind of NON literal 1000 year reign of Jesus of an unspecified number of years as most all preterist CLAIM.)
8. And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”
Verses 8 and 9 are speaking of a SECOND WAR that will be the FINAL war that will take place at the end or AFTER the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus and God will pour out the LAST HALF of his WRATH. Both of these subjects are a study in and of themselves so I will not even try to even touch on them now. Please read the study “WHEN IS THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON?”.
For now let us take some time to look at SOME of the WHYS of why preterist believe what they believe.
First most all preterist interpret the “THIS” in Matthew 24:34 as being the generation in the day of Jesus, which we have already looked at in this study so I will not go over it again.
Secondly most preterist interpret the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 70 AD as being the complete fulfillment of the GREAT tribulation, which many prophecy teachers say is the entire seventieth week of Daniel and Jacob's time of trouble that is for the JEWS ONLY and NOT the church. Again we have already looked at the false interpretation as well. I will add the while while the destruction in 70 AD is “AN” abomination it is not “THE” abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet. And I will also add that while the construction of the Dome of the Rock is “AN” abomination it is NOT “THE” abomination the will make Jerusalem to be desolate.
In other words, there is a YET COMING abomination that will make Jerusalem desolate. Please read “WHAT IS THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION?”.
Thirdly most preterist have trouble interpreting the 1000 year reign of Jesus as being a LITERAL 1000 years. For the full explanation please read the study “WHAT IS PRETERISM?”, but for now just briefly their line of reasoning is that since ALL the wicked are destroyed at the second coming of Jesus and ALL Christians are given ETERNAL LIFE at the second coming of Jesus, then HOW can those who have been given ETERNAL LIFE and the SECOND DEATH have NO power over them be TEMPTED again when the devil is loosed after the 1000 year reign of Jesus?
When a brother in the Lord wrote to my as WHY he had to believe in a NON literal 1000 years the above is what he wrote to me. Immediately I saw that the problem of not being able to see a LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus is because they are basing their interpretation on a FALSE ASSUMPTION.
In other words, they are ASSUMING that the PRE trib teaching that ALL the wicked are destroyed at the second coming of Jesus is the TRUTH and it is NOT the truth. Zechariah 14:16 clearly and plainly states with NO interpretation needed that there will be those LEFT of the NATIONS living in their MORTAL bodies DURING the 1000 year reign of Jesus.
Fourthly most preterist INTERPRET the words of Jesus in Revelation 1:1 and Revelation 22:7,12,20 as coming SOON so they ASSUME John is speaking of HIS generation. Let us read Revelation 22:7,12 and 20 first.
“ Behold, I come QUICKLY: blessed is he that keeps the sayings OF the PROPHECY of THIS book.”
“And, behold, I come QUICKLY; and my REWARD is WITH ME, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
“He which testifies these things saith, Surely I come QUICKLY. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
Now most preterist as well as Christian who believe and teach a PRE tribulation escapism rapture of the church INTERPRET these words of Jesus as meaning SOON, like at any time and right away in THIS generation no matter what generation throughout all of church history. Actually the pre tribulation teaching was not around till the year 1830 according to several sources.
But in TRUTH the word translated as “QUICKLY” simply mean quick, as in, FAST like a FLASH of LIGHTENING or in a TWINKLING of and eye. In other words, our CHANGE will be so FAST that there will NOT be enough time to REPENT at the second coming of Jesus so be READY at all times. NO true Christian is going to use ANY excuse as a LICENSE to sin as some falsely teach that a POST tribulation gives Christians a license to sin, because they will KNOW that Jesus is NOT going to come TODAY. What a lame argument for a pre tribulation rapture of the church.
Anyway most preterist do believe that the SECOND coming of Jesus has NOT yet come seeing that they state in their beliefs that Revelation 20:10 through the END of the book of Revelation has NOT been fulfilled.
So my point is WHY does this word “QUICKLY” cause them to INTERPRET that ALL of Revelation MUST be fulfilled in the FIRST century, BECAUSE Jesus said he would come QUICKLY. This makes no sense whatsoever, because many preterists do NOT believe that Jesus has come VISIBLY as yet.
Let us move on to Revelation 1:1, which says,
“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants THINGS which must SHORTLY come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:”
Most preterists teach that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Revelation too be for anyone EXCEPT for the FIRST century church, because John said these things will SHORTLY come to PASS.
Well using THEIR LOGIC then ALL the things in the ENTIRE book of Revelation MUST WITHOUT FAIL had to be without any doubt have ALREADY been FULFILLED in the FIRST century INCLUDING The VISIBLE coming of Jesus AND Almighty God creating a NEW heaven and a NEW earth and we are NOW dwelling IN the NEW Jerusalem.
Can you not see how ridiculous this INTERPRETATION is to INTERPRET Revelation 1:1 as ALL THINGS in the book of Revelation MUST come to pass SHORTLY, as in, the FIRST century church?
John simply said that Jesus came to show him THINGS that must SHORTLY come to pass and NOT Jesus came to show him ALL things that must shortly come to pass or EVERYTHING must shortly come to pass. First of all some things were already in the PAST when John wrote what he saw. Other things were PRESENT in Johns day and yes SOME things would indeed come to pass SHORTLY, but NOT the destruction of the temple in 70 AD, because that had already PAST at the time of John writing the Book of Revelation.
In other words, the CORRECT way to interpret John 1:1 is that John was shown MANY things and SOME of those THINGS must SHORTLY come to pass while other things took place throughout history while yet again SOME things are still YET FUTURE.
Also the Greek phrase that is translated as “must SHORTLY come to pass” literal reads things that are binding to be coming in SWIFTNESS, which means that WHEN SOME of these things BEGIN to take place they will be coming in SWIFTNESS. Jesus said unless these day be SHORTENED, then NO flesh would be left alive.
So then in conclusion:
“THIS generation will not pass away until ALL these things take place”
INCLUDING the VISIBLE second coming of Jesus.
“...when you shall see ALL these things, know that it (the second coming of Jesus) is near, even at the doors”
“For I say unto you, You shall not see me henceforth, TILL you shall say, Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.”
So Jesus will not come again UNTIL the JEWS repent and turn back to God and call upon the name of the Lord.
It is sad to say that as a whole the church has fallen short to witness to the JEWS. Please do not misunderstand what I am saying, I know there are some great ministries out there reaching out to the Jews, but the church as a whole is sadly not doing all they can do to reach the JEWS for Jesus.
One final point that some preterist fail to see or admit is that the Bible often has dual fulfillment and things that had already happen in history PARALLEL a yet FUTURE fulfillment that will meet ALL the details of the prophecy.
For example the prophecy of Joel about the Spirit of God being poured out on ON flesh was only PARTIALLY fulfilled on the day of Pentecost. This is a continuing prophecy throughout every generation and will not be completely fulfilled until the literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. Joel says that there will be an EARLY AND a LATTER rain.
Also Acts to was NOT a COMPLETE fulfillment of Joel chapter 2 and chapter 3, because the SIGNS in the SUN, MOON, and STARS were not fulfilled NOR was the great and notable day of the Lord FULFILLED in Acts 2:19,20.
So then just because HISTORY has some events that fit SOME of prophecy does NOT mean that these historic events are a COMPLETE fulfillment so therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be a YET FUTURE fulfillment.
OPEN your eyes dear child of God, because there IS YET COMING a time of GREAT tribulation whether you believe it or not!
Thanks for reading and may God bless you richly as you continue to seek the truth of the whole word of Almighty God our Father.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,