THE TRUE SOUND BIBLICAL IDENTITY
ONE TRUE CHURCH!
What does the Bible ITSELF teach us as to WHAT is the ONE TRUE CHURCH? Let us begin this study in God's word by reading Colossians chapter 1 where the church is identified as the BODY of Jesus Christ.
" And he (Jesus, the SON OF Almighty God the Father) is the head of the BODY, the CHURCH: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell;
20. And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
21. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled
22. In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23. IF you CONTINUE in the FAITH grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
24. Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his BODY'S sake, WHICH IS the CHURCH:"
So then, the Bible ITSELF clearly identifies the CHURCH as being the BODY of BELIEVERS IN Jesus Christ. And we have ALL been BAPTIZED into the ONE BODY of BELIEVERS IN Jesus Christ. Please read 1 Corinthians 12:12-14.
"For as the body is ONE, and has many members, and ALL the members of that ONE body, being many, are ONE BODY (WHICH IS THE OE TRUE CHURCH): so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit are we ALL BAPTIZED into ONE BODY (or we were ALL baptized into the ONE TRUE CHURCH), whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14. For the BODY is not one member, but many."
In other words, though there be MANY MEMBERS of the ONE BODY of believers in Jesus Christ we are ALL ONE BODY of BELIEVERS in Jesus Christ. And therefore ewe are ALL MEMBERS of the ONE TRUE CHURCH. So the problem is NOT which is the ONE TRUE CHURCH, but rather WHICH church DENOMINATION is teaching the ONE TRUE FAITH?
Please read 1 Corinthians 1:23 again.
" IF you CONTINUE in the FAITH grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;"
So the WHAT is the FAITH, the ONE TRUE FAITH that way taught by Jesus to his disciples? You see dear child of God though there be MANY DIFFERENT church denominations we ALL believe in JESUS, but yet all these different denomination in the one true church teach DIFFERENTLY about Jesus. So WHICH TEACHING about Jesus should we BELIEVE? Acts 17:11 teaches us that we are to search the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible the SEE fro ourselves if what we are being TAUGHT is indeed the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God.
"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they RECEIVED the word with all readiness of mind, and SEARCHED the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."
So then, the ONLY way that you are going to KNOW whether YOUR church denomination is teaching you the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God is to SEARCH the scriptures for YOURSELF to SEE if what you are being taught AGREES with the WHOLE word of God, because there can only be ONE TRUE FAITH! So I implore you dear child of God to SEARCH the scripture to PROVE to yourself that what I am teaching you is indeed the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God, which does NOT contradict any other part of God's word as so many man made church doctrines being taught in the many different church denominations. But before we get into any of these contradictory teaching in many different church denominations let us see WHAT REVEALED TEACHING from Almighty God the Father that Jesus would build his ONE TRUE CHURCH upon. Please read Matthew 16:11-20 where Jesus asked his disciple two questions:first WHO do the people say that I am? And second WHO do YOU say that I am? In other words, the question Jesus is asking is WHO do YOU BELIEVE is Jesus, the SON OF MAN? Please read the in depth study "WHO IS JESUS?" for all the verses giving you a sound Biblical teaching based upon the WHOLE word of God, but for now let us focus on the very BASIC teaching of Jesus being the CHRIST.
"How is it that you do not understand that I spoke it not to you concerning bread, that you should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12. Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the DOCTRINE (or the TEACHING) of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
13. When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying,Whom do men say that I the Son of MAN am?
14. And they said, Some say that you are John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15. He said unto them, But whom say YOU that I am?
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, YOU are THE CHRIST, the SON OF the living God.
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, BLESSED are YOU, Simon Barjona (WHY? Why did Jesus called Peter BLESSED?): FOR (or BECAUSE) flesh and blood has NOT revealed it unto you, BUT my Father which is in heaven. (HE has REVEALED this TRUTH to you. In other words, Jesus is teaching us here that we are truly BLESSED when Almighty God the Father HIMSELF REVEALS the TRUTH of his word to us. Hold this thought while you continue reading and you will see WHY REVEALED TRUTH is such a blessing from God.)
18 And I say also unto you, That you are Peter, and upon this ROCK (speaking of the REVEALED knowledge of the TRUTH taught to us directly from the Holy Spirit of Almighty God himself, which is in this case is the ROCK solid TRUTH that Jesus is the CHRIST is the ROCK Jesus is saying) I will build my CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19. And I will give unto you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Now the Roman Catholic church incorrectly interpret this passage of scripture as Peter being the rock upon which Jesus would build his church. Please see the study "WAS PETER THE FIRST POPE?" for all the verses exposing the error of this Roman Catholic man made church denominational DOCTRINE. But for now please understand that Jesus was speaking to ALL of his DISCIPLES and not to just Peter alone. Yes the name Peter means stone or rock, but it means LITTLE rock or small stone whereas the Greek word translated as "ROCK" means a HUGE stone as is a FOUNDATION stone. To say this another way, the ROCK is the REVEALED TRUTH that Jesus is the CHRIST, the ANOINTED one and the KEYS of the kingdom to be able to bind and loose like Jesus did is in the POWER and the AUTHORITY of the ANOINTING of the Holy Spirit, which is made available to EVERY disciple or believer in Jesus being the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God.)
20. Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the CHRIST."
So then, the FOUNDATION ROCK solid REVEALED TRUTH of our Christian FAITH is that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the one true and only LIVING God upon which Jesus himself said that he would build his CHURCH upon. Now please read what Paul says about us as Christians having NO OTHER FOUNDATION upon which we should build or add BELIEVERS to the one true church with the ONE TRUE FAITH. Please read 1 Corinthians 3:1-23.
"And I, brethren, could NOT speak unto you as unto SPIRITUAL, but as unto CARNAL, even as unto BABES in Christ.
2. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto you were not able to bear it, neither yet now are you able.
3. FOR (or BECAUSE) ye are YET CARNAL (WHY? Why is Paul saying that these believers in Jesus Christ are BABES in Christ and are yet CARNAL Christians?): for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and DIVISIONS, are you not carnal, and walk as men.
4. For while one says, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are you not carnal? (In other words, some Christians say that they are Catholic, and another say they are Baptists, while others say that they are Lutheran, or Methodist, or Presbyterian, or a Calvinist or any of the other vast number of different church DENOMINATIONS. Paul is teaching us that by DIVIDING the ONE BODY of Jesus up into many DIFFERENT church DENOMINATIONS.)
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers BY whom you BELIEVED (Believed WHAT? Believed the GOSPEL of Jesus being the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God.), even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7. So then NEITHER is he that plants any thing, NEITHER he that waters; but God that gives the increase. (In other words, ALL the glory should go to Almighty God the Father, who teaches us his word by his very own Holy Spirit dwelling in us)
8. Now he that plants and he that waters are ONE (meaning different members of the SAME BODY of believers in the ONE TRUE FAITH): and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9. For we are laborers together with God: you are God's husbandry, you are God's building. (meaning that each and every believer is the WORK OF Almighty God and his Son Jesus building HIS CHURCH)
10. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the FOUNDATION (there is only ONE foundation to any building upon which that building is built. And the FOUNDATION of the ONE TRUE CHURCH is the REVEALED knowledge of the TRUTH that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God), and another builds thereon. But let every man take HEED HOW he builds thereupon.
11. For other foundation can NO man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones (meaning building up believer by good sound BIBLICAL teaching that will root and ground them in the word of TRUTH so that they will NOT be tossed to and fro by every wind of FALSE doctrine), wood, hay, stubble;(speaking of FALSE teaching that will NOT benefit the believer to produce good fruit that leads to eternal life in the world to come)
13. Every man's WORK shall be made manifest (The word manifest means to make known or to be clearly shown or made known. And the WORK here is speaking of BUILDING the CHURCH or adding BELIEVERS to the BODY of Jesus Christ and BUILDING them up to become strong mature believers in Jesus Christ bearing much fruit unto eternal life in the world to come. This passage of scripture is NOT speaking of our OWN god works of righteousness as some wrong INTERPRET these verses to mean being taken OUT of their CONTEXT, which is clearly speaking of BUILDERS building the CHURCH upon the ONE FOUNDATION of Jesus being the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God): for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's WORK of what sort it is. (In other words, when a believers preachers or teaches the GOSPEL or the GOOD NEWS of Jesus Christ to others and they receive and BELIEVE the word of TRUTH then God ADDS a new MEMBER to the BODY of Jesus Christ, which is the ONE TRUE CHURCH. Then DEPENDING on the TEACHING that one BUILDS upon this one true FOUNDATION will either HELP this new believer REMAIN in teh ONE TUE FAITH or it will cause this new believer to NOT bear god fruit which will cause this new believer to be judged UNRIGHTEOUS on the day of judgment ad be cast into the lake of fire to be burnt and destroyed. This is why Paul WARNS us to take HEED HOW we build new believers upon this one true foundation of Jesus Christ.)
14. If any man's WORK ABIDE (or REMAIN faithful unto the end) which he has BUILTthereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15. If any man's WORK shall be burned,(or NOT REMAIN FAITHFUL to be cast into the lake of FIRE on the day of judgment) he shall suffer loss (by NOT receiving a REWARD for helping that new believer REMAIN FAITHFUL unto the end): but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.(meaning that the teacher or minister of the gospel will go through the same kind of TRIALS that will try our FAITH and therefore we will ALL face the SAME judgment of the lake of FIRE IF SO BE we do NOT abide or REMAIN FAITHFUL unto the END. Jesus said Mathew 24:13 that only those of us who ENDURE UNTO THE END shall be saved.)
16. Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
17. If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. (So then, the WORK or WORKS that God shall DESTROY in the lake of FIRE on the day of judgment are PEOPLE, who do not OBEY the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ. Paul is saying to US as BELIEVERS do you not KNOW that Almighty God HIMSELF DWELLS IN YOU? Do you not know that if you DEFILE your own body that you defile God and that you will burn in the lake of fire on the day of judgment IF SO BE that you do NOT CONTINUE in the ONE TRUE FAITH to NOT defile your body?)
18. Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness.
20. And again, The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21. Therefore let no man glory in MEN.(So as for ME and my house we will NOT place a church DENOMINATIONAL name upon ourselves. Therefore when my readers ask me what denomination I am, then I tell them that I ATTEND a certain church, but NO one single church DENOMINATION is the ONE TRUE CHURCH. I am often asked which church do I RECOMMEND. And I answer by saying that if I HAD to choose only ONE church, then I myself would recommend the Assemblies of God church for they are a FULL gospel church, meaning that they do NOT wrongly teach that healing and the gifts of the Holy Spirit have ceased and are n longer fro the church of today. But again it is NOT the church denomination that saves a person, but rather what they TEACH. So once again you should be asking yourself and God WHAT is the ONE TRUE FAITH as opposed to WHICH church DENOMINATION is the ONE TRUE CHURCH.) For all things are yours;
22. Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
23. And you are Christ's; and Christ is God's."
Let us now go back to Ephesians 2: to see what more we can learn about the FOUNDATION of our FAITH.
"But now IN Christ Jesus you who sometimes were far off are made nigh BY the blood of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who has made both ONE, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make IN himself of twain ONE NEW MAN (or ONE BODY, which is the ONE TRUE CHURCH teaching the ONE TRUE FAITH), so making peace;(no more DIVISIONS)
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in ONE BODY by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17. And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19. Now therefore you are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20. And are built upon the FOUNDATION of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; (In other words, the FOUNDATION upon which the ONE TRUE CHURCH is BUILT upon is the CHIEF CORNER stone, which is Jesus being the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God. And the prophets of the Old Testament along with the apostles and disciples of Jesus in the New Testament all point to JESUS or YASHUA and the FOUNDATION of the ONE TRUE FAITH that leads to eternal life in the world to come.)
21. In whom all the BUILDING fitly framed together GROWS unto an HOLY temple in the Lord:
22. In whom YOU ALSO are BUILT together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."
So then, once again EVERY SINGLE BELIEVER IN Jesus as being the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God are BUILT together into the ONE BODY of Jesus Christ, which IS the ONE TRUE CHURCH.
But this does NOT mean that every single believer TEACHES the ONE TRUE FAITH, but rather that every single believer in Jesus was baptized into the ONE BODY of Jesus Christ by the ONE true FOUNDATION of the one true FAITH.
So now that the FOUNDATION of the ONE TRUE FAITH has been laid let us move on to BUILD upon this ONE true foundation of Jesus being the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God taking HEED HOW we build by carefully searching the word of TRUTH daily to SEE if what we are teaching and or being taught is indeed the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God.
Let us go back to the day of Pentecost when the FIRST sermon of the GOOD NEWS or the gospel of Jesus Christ was preached and God ADDED to the CHURCH that day 3000 BELIEVERS on Jesus. Please read Acts 2:1-47.
"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.(So all the followers of Jesus where waiting in Jerusalem just as Jesus had told them in Acts chapter 1. They were all gathered together in the upper room where Jesus appeared to them after his resurrection from the dead to show himself alive never more to die. And they were all in one accord believing the words of Jesus to send the PROMISE of being endued with power from on high as Jesus commanded them to wait upon before they went out to be witnesses of him)
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4. And they were all FILLED with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (So then my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, what we see in the early church we are to see as well in the church of TODAY. And these early believers in Jesus were ALL FILLED with the Holy Spirit and BEGAN to speak in other tongues. Jesus said in Mark 16:17 that one of the SIGNS of a BELIEVER will be that he or she shall speak with NEW TONGUES)
5. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7. And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8. And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9. Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10. Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11. Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
12. And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What means this?
13. Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, You men of Judaea, and all you that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15. For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, said God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18. And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19. And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:
20. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
22. You men of Israel (or no matter WHO you are I implore YOU to), hear these WORDS; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as you yourselves also know:
23. Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God (meaning that Almighty God HIMSELF foreordain before the foundation of the world that SALVATION be IN hi SON Jesus the CHRIST, the ANOINTED one of God who foreordain a CHILD to e BORN an his SON the be GIVEN as the ransom or the atonement for the sins of the world so the WHOSOEVER BELIEVES on the SON OF God should not perish by have eternal life), you have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24. Whom God has raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
25. For David speaks concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26. Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27. Because you wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither will you suffer your Holy One to see corruption.
28. You have made known to me the ways of life; you shalt make me full of joy with your countenance.
29. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.
30. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ (the ANOINTED ONE prophesied to come) to sit on his throne;
31. He seeing this before spoke of the resurrection of Christ (the ANOINTED ONE), that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32. This Jesus has God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he has shed forth this, which you now see and hear.
34. For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35. Until I make your foes your footstool.
36. Therefore let all the house of Israel KNOW ASSUREDLY, that God has MADE that same Jesus, whom you have crucified, BOTH LORD and CHRIST.
37. Now when they HEARD this (or when the HEARD these WORDS being preached to them), they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren,WHAT SHALL WE DO? (or what shall we do to be SAVED?)
38. Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, AND BE BAPTIZED every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you SHALL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39. For the PROMISE is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall CALL. (whosoever HEARS the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ is being CALLED by God to be saved by the GOSPEL. And we answer that cal of God to be saved BY RECEIVING and BELIEVING the word of TRUTH. The Bible says many are CALLED, but few are CHOSEN, which means not many will BELIEVE the gospel unto the end to be saved, as in, receive ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come.)
40. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. (HOW to we save ourselves? BY believing and obeying the WORDS of Jesus unto the end, where the end is speaking of the end of our physical life or when Jesus returns which ever comes first. EVERY single person is given the CHOICE or either to BELIEVE the WORD of TRUTH or to REJECT the word of TRUTH. Those who answer the CALL of God by BELIEVING and obeying the word of truth unto the end shall be saved and those who do NOT believe shall remain in theirs sins condemned already unto destruction in the lake of fire. O then, do YOU BELIEVE that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God? Do you BELIEVE that Jesus, the SON OF Almighty God the Father suffered ad died on the cross for YOUR sins and that God raised his Son Jesus from the dead never more to die? If so, then OBEY the teaching of Jesus and his disciples by being BAPTIZED by submersion under water in the NAME of Jesus.)
41. Then they that GLADLY RECEIVED his WORD were baptized:(in other words, true believers SHOW their FAITH by their OBEDIENCE to the teaching s of Jesus and his disciples) and the same day there were ADDED unto them about three thousand souls.
42. And they CONTINUED steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine (or TEACHINGS written down for US in the NEW Testament) and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43. And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44. And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45. And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47. Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord ADDED to the CHURCH daily such as should be saved (the LITERAL translation reads,...And the Lord added the ONES BEING SAVED to the out called ones. You see the CHURCH is the many CALLED OUT ONES from sin to BE BEING SAVED. And the ONLY called out ones who will be saved or more precisely the only believers in Jesus who will RECEIVE the END of their salvation will be those of us who ENDURE unto the END, by CONTINUING and REMAINING in the ONE TRUE FAITH) ."
So then, in order to remain in the ONE TRUE FAITH we must warn others of false teaching, encourage one another, and teach others the errors of those who have erred from the one true faith. Please read 1 Timothy 4:1-16.
"Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from THE FAITH, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3. Forbidding to marry (the Catholic church has erred from the ONE TRUE FAITH by forbidding their priest to marry), and commanding to abstain from meats, which God has created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the TRUTH. (there is a movement in these last days back to the keeping of ALL the law of Moses called the Hebrew Roots Movement SEDUCING Christians to DEPART from THE FAITH that was delivered to the early church and to us who have believed the words of Jesus and his disciples. They have erred from the truth to wrongly teach that Christians must keep all the DIETARY laws under the OLD COVENANT not KNOWING the TRUTH of the NEW covenant that God has cleansed all)
4. For EVERY creature of God is good, and NOTHING to be refused, IF it be received with thanksgiving:
5. For it is sanctified by the WORD of God and prayer.
6. IF YOU put the brethren in REMEMBRANCE of these things, YOU shall be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of GOOD DOCTRINE, where unto you have attained.
7. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself rather unto godliness.
8. For bodily exercise profits little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
9. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
10. For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, specially(the LITERAL reads RATHER) of those that believe.
11. These things command and teach.
12. Let no man despise your youth; but be you an EXAMPLE of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
13. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14. Neglect not the gift that is in you, which was given you by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
15. Meditate upon these things; give yourself wholly to them; that YOUR profiting may appear to all. (Other will see YOUR FAITH, your peace, your joy, your victories, and desire what you have. It has been said that your are the only Bible some will ever read)
16. Take heed unto yourself, AND unto the doctrine (the ONE doctrine, the ONE teaching, the ONE TRUE FAITH); CONTINUE in them (speaking of taking heed unto yourself to live godly AND to remain in the ONE TRUE FAITH): for in doing this you shall both save yourself, and them that HEAR you."
It is not hard to show Christians the ERRORS of false teaching, who have been DECEIVED by false teaching, but the problem comes in getting them to HEAR the word of TRUTH. You see dear child of God, the one true faith will always increase us in GODLINESS. Please read Titus 1:1-3.
"Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to THE FAITH of God's elect, and the ACKNOWLEDGING of the TRUTH which is AFTER GODLINESS;
2. In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
3. But has in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Savior;"
Then we read in 1 Timothy to WITHDRAW from those who teach otherwise. Please read 1 Timothy 6:3-17.
"If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4. He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strife of words, whereof comes envy, strife, railings, evil surmising,(which means to infer WITHOUT conclusive evidence. conjecture, speculation, opinion)
5. Perverse disputing of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw yourself.
6. But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11. But you, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, where unto you are also called, and have professed a good profession before many witnesses.
13. I give you CHARGE in the sight of God, WHO quickens all things (or who is the SOURCE of all LIFE), AND before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
14. That you keep THIS COMMANDMENT (or that you KEEP THIS TEACHING) without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15. Which in his times (speaking of both the first and second comings of Jesus) he (speaking of Jesus, the SON OF the living God) shall SHOW, who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate (The word "POTENTATE" mean Sovereign over ALL or the MOST HIGH, or the ALMIGHTY. Jesus came to SHOW us the FATHER), the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16. Who ONLY has immortality, dwelling in the light which NO man can approach unto; whom NO man has seen, NOR CAN SEE: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen."
So then, the FOUNDATION of the ONE TRUE FAITH is to believe that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF Almighty God the Father, to believe that Jesus, the Son of MAN suffered and died on the cross for YOUR SINS and not for your sins only, but ALSO for the sins of the WHOLE world so that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES on the SON OF God will not perish but be given eternal life in the world to come. In other words, this is the CORE faith whereby we MUST be saved and all OTHER teachings are BUILT UPON this ONE FOUNDATION of TRUTH.
Therefore take HEED HOW you build upon this CORE FOUNDATION of TRUTH!
Now most every Christian who has been a believer in Jesus even only for a short time has come to realize that there are many many different teachings among Christians and it can become confusing at time what to believe and what not to believe. I know I have been there myself. There are some church denominations that dogmatically demand that if you are not a part of THEIR church denomination, then you are NOT saved, nor can you be saved until you join their church denomination or Christian organization.
Let me just tell you right now that ANY church denomination or organization that says that they ALONE are the ONE TRUE CHURCH and unless you are a part of THEIR organization or church denomination then you are not saved, then this a RED FLAG to you warning you that there is FALSE teaching in that church denomination or organization on some level. Please read 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, which clearly teaches us that we should never judge another Christian and say that they are NOT a part of the BODY of Jesus Christ.
" For as the body is ONE, and has many members, and ALL the members of that ONE body, being many, are ONE BODY: so also is Christ. (In other words, 'For as the CHURCH is ONE, and has many members, and ALL the members of the ONE CHURCH, being many, are ONE CHURCH: so also is Christ.')
13. For by one Spirit are we ALL baptized into ONE BODY (which is the ONE TRUE CHURCH), whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14. For the body is not one member, but many.
15. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16. And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17. If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18. But now has God set the members every one of them in the body, as it has pleased him.
19. And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20. But now are they many members, yet but ONE BODY.
21. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of you: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. (Or one church denomination should never say to another church denomination you are not saved until you become a part of OUR church. And this other church denomination should never say to that church denomination you are a CULT and are NOT a true Christian church. But rather we should be apt the TEACH and instruct those who oppose themselves by their teaching false doctrine so that they can recover themselves out of the snare of the devil.)
22. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23. And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24. For our comely parts have no need: but God has tempered the body together, having given more abundant honor to that part which lacked:
25. That there should be NO SCHISM in the body (or there should be NO DIVISION in the church); but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27. Now YOU are the BODY of Christ, and members in particular."
Let us go to 2 Timothy chapter 2 to see how the early church handled FALSE teachings cropping up within the ONE TRUE CHURCH. You see dear child of God, the early church had their share of FALSE teaching within the church as well. So Please read 2 Timothy 2:7-26 to learn how to deal with false teaching within the ONE BODY of believers in Jesus Christ.
"Consider what I say; and the Lord give you understanding in all things.
8. Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: (Paul keeps pointing us back to THE FAITH taught to us in the beginning, which is written down for us in the NEW Testament of the Holy Bible.)
9. Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the WORD of God is not bound. (Paul is not saying that he is an evil doer who is rightfully punished for ding evil, but rather Paul is saying that he suffers and has suffered being thrown in jail just LIKE a common criminal simply for speaking the TRUTH. Then he goes on to say they while some may PREVENT him from teaching the TRUTH the WORD of Almighty God is NOT nor cannot be restrained. In other words, the TRUTH will always prevail in the end, so let God's WORD speak for ITSELF dear child of God.)
10. Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sake, that they may also OBTAIN the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. (whenever you see the word "elect" or "elect's" it is speaking of BELIEVERS in Jesus Christ who have en called OUT of darkness into the light. In other words, no one actually becomes one of the elect UNTIL the answer the CALL of the gospel by receiving and BELIEVING the WORD of God. Then and only then do we become the CHOSEN of God. To say this another way only those who CHOOSE God's WAY of righteousness will become the CHOSEN of God. So Paul is saying that he suffers persecution FOR those who BELIEVE so that they may OBTAIN eternal life in he world to come. Then in the verses the follow he teaches us HOW to make sure we who believe will obtain eternal life in the world to come.)
11. It is a faithful saying: For if we be DEAD with him, we shall also LIVE with him: (Paul is speaking of dying to SELF, being dead to SIN or crucifying our FLESH daily)
12. If we SUFFER (with Jesus, meaning that Jesus suffered being TEMPTED to SIN so IF we also SUFFER temptation to NOT give into sin just like Jesus did NOT give into any temptation to SIN THEN), we shall ALSO REIGN with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: (BUT if we DENY Jesus and his teachings by living in INIQUITY or SIN, then he must DENY us just as if he has never known us.)
13. If we believe not (Or whether you believe the teachings of Jesus or not), yet he abides faithful: he cannot deny himself.(meaning that Jesus must judge us by his WORDS he has spoken to us. Jesus said the we have one that judges us the WORDS that he has spoken to us shall judge us.)
14. Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive NOT about words to NO profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.(This means that there are some teachings that do NOT profit or benefit us in GROWING in the Lord. In other words, Paul is teaching us here to NOT argue over points of doctrine that do NOT contribute to OBTAINING eternal life in the world to come. He is saying that these kind of teaching only serve to SUBVERT those who receive them, and they do NOT add godliness and righteous living
16. But shun profane and vain babbling (this means NOT to receive and believe any teaching that CONTRADICTS what the WHOLE word of God clearly and plainly teaches us in SIMPLICITY with absolutely NO interpretation needed): for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17. And their word will eat as does a canker (their word is speaking of false teaching in general, but then Paul goes on to give us an example of those who have ERRED from the one true faith by wrongly teaching that the resurrection has already past): of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18. Who concerning the truth have ERRED, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow THE FAITH of some.
19. Nevertheless the FOUNDATION of God stands SURE, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his. And, Let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity. (Here Paul is CORRECTING the ERROR of this false teaching, which he does in more detail in other places, but please notice that he say NEVER THE LESS despite their false teaching the FOUNDATION o our faith stands sure. And then he points back to the core foundation of DEPARTING from iniquity or sin. In other words, Paul is saying let every BELIEVER in Jesus even those who have ERRED from the TRUTH must never depart from the FOUNDATION of the ONE TRUE FAITH. Keep in mind that Paul is NOT putting his sap of approval on those believers who are teaching ERROR, but rather for us NOT to
21. If a man therefore purge himself from THESE (meaning those Christians who teach ERROR), he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master's USE, and prepared unto every good work.
22. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23. But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender STRIFE. (avoid getting into heat debates. YOU know that you are a true born again Christian so avoid those who try and tell you that you are NOT save UNLESS you join THEIR church, because they do not know what they are talking about. They are ignorant of God's WORD of TRUTH so do NOT argue with them. But RATHER)
24. And the servant of the Lord MUST NOT STRIVE; but be GENTLE unto all men, APT to TEACH, patient,
25. In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26. And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will."
Jesus said IF you CONTINUE in his WORD you shall know the TRUTH and the truth will make you free. The gates of hell shall NOT prevail against the REVEALED knowledge of the TRUTH. And ONLY God can open the EYES of your understanding so YOU have to STUDY God's WORD for YOURSELF. I and others can teach only what God has REVEALED to us. In other words, if it is NOT REVEALED truth, then it is merely teachings of MEN or man made doctrines that have NO PROFIT toward godliness.
So then, the FOCUS of church doctrine that is BUILT upon the one true FOUNDATION of or one true FAITH should be on obtaining the END of our salvation, which is our REWARD or our INHERITANCE of ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come. In other word's any church doctrine the does NOT PROFIT toward this goal of obtaining eternal life in the world to come is merely a MAN MADE doctrine that is NOT found being taught to us by the early church in the NEW Testament.
And in truth I have to say that it is these very UNPROFITABLE church doctrines which have become to most CONTROVERSIAL of all false teachings. I will explain what I mean by this in a moment, but first let us lay the FOUNDATION once again, which is the ONE TRUE FAITH of ALL believers no matter which church denomination they call THEIR church.
So then, first of all ANY church denomination that NAMES the name of our Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior is a PART of the BODY of Jesus Christ.
Secondly I personally do not know of one single church denomination that does not teach SOME ERROR in one or more of their church doctrines. So simply having a church doctrine that CONTRADICTS what the Bible ITSELF teaches does not automatically disqualify all those who are a part of that church denomination as being saved. They may bring DISHONOR to the rest of the body of Jesus Christ, but that does not mean that they are NOT SAVED. Now depending on the ERROR of what they are teaching, then that particular false teaching may lead Christians AWAY from God rather than TOWARD God.
So again this is WHY we all must take HEED HOW we build upon the ONE TRUE FOUNDATION of our ONE TRUE FAITH!
In other words, never dogmatically demand that one must without fail believe ANY OTHER teaching in order to be SAVED.
This brings us to the next section of this study in God's word, which is to show you the reader and seeker of the TRUTH the ERRORS of man made church doctrines, which CONTRADICT what the Bible ITSELF teaches us in SIMPLICITY.
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE ITSELF TEACH US?
What I mean by this is that there are TWO MAIN stream church denominations that dogmatically demand that they alone have the TRUTH and unless you believe THEIR teachings you are NOT saved, but yet BOTH of these main stream church denominations teach that Jesus is the SON OF God who died for their sins and that God raised his Son Jesus from the dead just as the word of TRUTH clearly teaches us. To say this another way BOTH of these main stream church denomination teach the SAME CORE FOUNDATION of the ONE TRUE FAITH, but yet in other teachings they not only OPPOSE each other, they also CONTRADICT what the Bible ITSELF teaches us in SIMPLICITY.
Now the two main stream church denominations that I am speaking of are the ONENESS believers and the TRINITARIAN believers. And most every other church denomination teaches either one or the other of these two main stream church denomination's teachings.
The ONENESS believers teach that God is ONE. So when they see verses in the Bible that say the Jesus is GOD, they SURMISE or infer without sufficient evidence that Jesus must without fail be one and the selfsame divine eternal being as Almighty God the FATHER HIMSELF. The Oneness believers teach that Jesus is a manifestation of the Father, or the Almighty God the Father manifest himself to be the Son. And this is HOW they try to explain the apparent CONTRADICTION in God word of the Father being God and Jesus being God to the Old Testament verses that SEEM to teach that there is just ONE God.
Now the TRINITARIAN believers teach that there is just ONE God as well. So when they see verses in the Bible that say that Jesus is GOD, the SURMISE. or infer without sufficient evidence that there are THREE SEPARATE divine eternal being in the ONE God. And this is HOW they try and reconcile the apparent contradiction of Almighty God the Father being God and his SON Jesus being God to the Old Testament verses that SEEM to say that there is but ONE God.
And then Bible scholars lead us who are seeking the TRUTH of the whole word of God that these TWO main stream church teachings are the ONLY CHOICES from which we have to pick. So obviously most every church even the NON denominational church teach one or there other of the TWO main stream church doctrines, BOTH of which CONTRADICT what the Bible ITSELF teaches us. There is a third main stream teaching taught by BOTH of these main stream church denomination, which is the doctrine of the deity of Jesus. The doctrine of the deity of Jesus states that Jesus is God, but not just God like the Bible ITSELF teaches us, but rather BOTH main stream church denominations teach that Jesus is fully THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF while being fully a human being at the SAME time having TWO natures one DIVINE and one human. And they ALWAYS FOCUS on the DIVINE nature of Jesus as to the HOW Jesus did the works men saw him do.
Now I will say that there is a LITTLE truth in each of the three man made church doctrines and I do mean a LITTLE truth, but the rest of what these three main stream church doctrines teach DIRECTLY CONTRADICT what the Bible itself teaches us.
And it is the UNWILLINGNESS of Christians both learned and unlearned to HEAR all the evidence of the WHOLE matter before they conclude what they believe. Many will say things like, well that is not what MY church teaches so it cannot possibly be the truth. So they just merely parrot what THEIR particular denomination teaches never searching the word of TRUTH to see if what they are being taught is the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God.
Yes they may look up the verses used by their particular denomination to support what they teach THINKING that that is STUDYING The word of God to show themselves approved unto God and a workman that needs no to be ashamed or NON reprehensible in what the believe and teach. You see dear child of God in order to become NON reprehensible in what we as Christians SHOULD be teaching, then what we teach MUST NOT have any CONTRADICTIONS to what the clear, plain, and simple word of God teaches us in SIMPLICITY with absolutely NO interpretation needed to understand what the CLEAR word of TRUTH is teaching us.
For example are we taught ANYWHERE in the CLEAR, PLAIN, and SIMPLE word of God that we MUST without fail believe that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF being fully God and fully a man at the same time having two natures on divine and one human?
NO we are NOT!
But we are taught in SIMPLICITY where every one can understand without any one INTERPRETING the word of God FOR us that Jesus is the SON OF Almighty God the FATHER. Please read John 3:14-18.
"And AS Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, EVEN SO must the Son of MAN be lifted up: (meaning that Moses lifting up the serpent on the pole to heal whoever looked upon it was a type or shadow prophesying that the Son of MAN must be crucified on the cross for the redemption of those who look to Jesus for
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER (or any person on earth who) BELIEVES in him should NOT perish, but have everlasting life.
17. FOR (or because) God sent NOT his Son into the world to CONDEMN the world; but (rather God sent his Son into the world to suffer and die on the cross for the sins of the whole world) THAT (or so that) the world THROUGH HIM might be SAVED.
18. He that BELIEVES on him is NOT condemned: BUT he that believes NOT (on Jesus as the SON OF God) is condemned already,(WHY? Why are those who do NOT believe on Jesus condemned already so that they REMAIN in their sins and are NOT forgiven of their sins?) BECAUSE he has NOT believed in the NAME of the only begotten SON OF God."
Please notice that the word of TRUTH clearly and plain says the SON OF God and NOT that we must without fail believe that Jesus IS Almighty God HIMSELF in order to be saved. Please read 1 John 5:1-15.
" WHOSOEVER BELIEVES that Jesus is THE CHRIST is born of God: and every one that loves him that begat loves him also that is begotten of him.
2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4. For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.
5. Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the SON OF God?
6. This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9. If we receive the witness of MEN, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he has testified of his SON.
10. He that believes on the SON OF God has the witness in himself: he that believes NOT God made him LIAR; because he believes NOT the RECORD (the NEW Testament RECORD recorded and written down by the EYEWITNESSES of Jesus suffering and dying of the cross and God raising his SON from the dead. And clearly the New Testament RECORD plainly states) that God gave of his SON. (and NOT that Almighty God the FATHER gave HIMSELF, but rather God gave his SON to suffer and die on the cross for the sins of the whole world so the whosoever believes on the SON OF God shall be forgiven of their sins.)
11. And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in hisSON.
12. He that has the SON has LIFE; and he that has NOT the SON OF God has NOT LIFE.
13. These things have I written unto you that believe on the NAME of the SON OF God;(please notice that John is writing to Christians who ALREADY do indeed BELIEVE on the NAME of the SON OF God. WHY?) THAT (or s that) you may KNOW that you have eternal life, AND that you may BELIEVE on the NAME of the SON OF God. (in other words, John is teaching us that we MUST CONTINUE to BELIEVE unto the end in order to obtain or receive the PROMISE abiding in us now of eternal life in the world to come.)
14. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us:
15. And if we know that he hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."
Then we read in 2 John 1:2-11 that when we believe correctly that Jesus is the CHRIST the anointed one of or by Almighty God the Father, then we have BOTH the Father AND his SON Jesus.
"For the TRUTH'S SAKE, which dwells in us, and shall be with us for ever.
3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, AND from the Lord Jesus Christ, the SON OF the Father, in truth and love.
4. I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
5. And now I beseech you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto you, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7. For many DECEIVERS are entered into the world, who confess NOT that Jesus Christ (Or Jesus ANOINTED) is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. (Or those who wrongly teach that the ANOINTING did NOT come and dwell in the FLESH of Jesus is ANTI ANOINTING or against the word of TRUTH that teaches us that Jesus was ANOINTED by his God and Father who came and DWELT IN his SON Jesus to empower his SON to do all his God and Father's will even to suffer and die on the cross for the sins of the whole world.)
8. Look to yourselves, that we lose NOT those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a FULL REWARD. (you see dear child of God if so be that YOU are teaching false doctrine and that false doctrine leads a person away fro God then you lose your reward for leading that person TO the Lord but then leading that person away from God by your false teaching. This is why John is warning us to look to ourselves to make SURE we are indeed teaching that Jesus is the CHRIST the ANOINTED one of his God and Father.)
9. Whosoever transgresses (this commandment or this teaching), and abides NOT in the doctrine of CHRIST (or who does not KEEP or REMAIN in the ONE TRUE FAITH of the ANOINTING come to DWELL IN the flesh of Jesus), has NOT God. He that abides in the doctrine of CHRIST, he has BOTH the Father AND the SON.
10. If there come any unto you, and bring NOT this doctrine, receive him NOT into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11. For he that bids him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."
In other words, we as Christians are being taught by the Bible ITSELF that Jesus is THE CHRIST, the ANOINTED one by or of Almighty God the Father. And it is THIS doctrine of CHRIST meaning that ANOINTING coming to dwell IN the FLESH that we as Christians are to believe and teach and if ANY one tries to teach you differently, then they are ANTICHRIST or against the ANOINTING coming to dwell in Jesus.
Now what does the Bible itself teach us? If we DENY HIM then he will DENY us. And whether we believe or do NOT believe the words of Jesus he must remain faithful to his words because Jesus cannot deny himself and what he has taught us as being the TRUTH. Please read John 5:14-30.
" Afterward Jesus finds him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, you are made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
15. The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.
16. And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
17. But Jesus answered them, My Father works hitherto, and I work.
18. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
19. Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily (Or TRULY TRULY), I say unto you, The SON CAN DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF, but what he sees the Father do: for what things soever he does, these also do the Son likewise. (In other words, Jesus is DEFENDING himself saying I am NOT making myself equal with my God and Father as you have wrongly accused me of doing by simple saying that God is my Father. But truly truly The SON of God can do NOTHING in and of himself, and all that you see me do is being done BY my God
21. For as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them; EVEN SO the SON quickens whom he will.
22. FOR (or BECAUSE) the Father judges NO man, but has COMMITTED ALL judgment unto the SON:
23. That all men should honor the Son, EVEN AS they honor the Father. He that honors NOT the SON honors NOT Father which has sent him.
24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the SON OF God: and they that hear shall live.
26. FOR (or BECAUSE) AS the Father HAS LIFE IN HIMSELF (being the ONLY invisible eternal Spirit who ALONE has always has IMMORTALITY just like 1 Timothy 6:14-16 clearly teaches us); so has he GIVEN to the SON to (now) HAVE life in himself;
27. AND has GIVEN him authority to execute judgment ALSO (WHY? Why did Almighty God the Father GIVE his SON Jesus authority to execute JUDGMENT?), BECAUSE he is the Son of MAN. (NOT because Jesus is Almighty God HIMSELF, and NOT because Jesus is the SON OF Almighty God, but rather it is BECAUSE Jesus was FULLY and completely the Son of MAN a HUMAN being who was tempted in all points the same as every other human being YET he did NOT SIN. WHY? or HOW did Jesus being a HUMAN BEING overcome SIN? Hebrews 9:14 teaches us that Jesus over came sin THROUGH the ETERNAL SPIRIT who DWELT IN him. And we just learned in verse that in was the FATHER IN Jesus who did the WORKS men saw Jesus doing.)
28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30. I can of MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."
Here in John chapter 5 we have learned that Almighty God the Father judges NO man, but has COMMITTED ALL judgment to his SON Jesus. Then Jesus tells us in John chapter 12 that he judges NO man, but rather they shall be judged by his WORDS or his TEACHINGS. Please read John 12:43-50 where some Jews who did indeed believe on the words of Jesus, but they did NOT confess what they believed, because they feared being kicked out of the synagogue. There are many Christians in the church today who KNOW the TRUTH, but they are afraid to let anyone else know the truth for fear that they will be kicked out of the church. Now your church DENOMINATION may kick you out of THEIR DENOMINATION but NO MAN can kick any one out of the ONE TRUE CHURCH the BODY of Jesus Christ. So be bold to defend the TRUTH not fearing MAN.
"Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
43. For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
44. Jesus cried and said, He that believes on me, believes not on me, but on him that sent me.
45. And he that sees me sees him that sent me.
46. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness.
47. And if any man HEAR my WORDS, and believe NOT, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48. He that rejects me, and receives NOT my WORDS, has one that judges him: the WORD that I have spoken, the SAME shall judge him in the last day.
49. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."
So then, every person on earth in the entire world who REJECTS Jesus or Yashua as being the CHRIST, the SON OF Almighty God the Father rejects Almighty God HIMSELF, because it is Almighty God HIMSELF who sent his SON and
So I implore you to BELIEVE the WORDS of Jesus written in the NEW Testament for you ETERNAL LIFE is in the hands of the WORDS of Jesus, the SON OF the living God. For a deeper understanding of WHY neither the doctrine of Oneness NOR the doctrine of the trinity are SOUND BIBLICAL teachings please read all the related studies on this subject listed in the study "WHO IS JESUS?"
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the truth of the whole word of God.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus THE CHRIST,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE