And the Word was made flesh !
“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
What does the Bible ITSELF say was made flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that God the Son was made flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that Jesus was made flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that the Son of God was made flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that the second person of the trinity became flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that an eternal divine Spirit being, who was WITH God at his SIDE that was named the Word, was made flesh?
WHAT DOES John 1:14 specifically state in simplicity without reading any interpretation into this verse? WHAT does the Bible ITSELF specifically state as a FACT was made flesh in John 1:14?
Simply READ what the Bible ITSELF says was made flesh?
The Bible itself simple says that the “WORD” was made flesh!
"And the Word (the "logos") was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
So then, WHAT is the logos or what is the “WORD”?
Is the “word” a divine eternal Spirit being, who was WITH THE God at his SIDE, who WAS God that named the Word having his OWN will, who was then sent down from heaven into the earth to manifest himself to become FLESH and yet REMAINED fully the DIVINE ETERNAL God at the SAME time having TWO natures, one divine and the other human?
This is what some Christians theorize with no scriptural support. These Christians claim that God created his WORD first before anything else, and then the Word created everything else.
Other Christians say NO absolutely NOT! And rather say that the Word was NOT created, but always existed WITH the God and God created everything BY his Word, which they have concluded to mean that the Word was a separate divine eternal Spirit person or being, who was God and who was WITH God at his side, who created all things.
Some Christians claim that this separate divine eternal Spirit being was named the Word, whether created or not created was WITH God, but was not yet God's Son.
Other Christians say no, and that the Word was the Son of God, the second person of the trinity Godhead called God the Son who has ALWAYS existed without a beginning.
But what does the Bible itself teach us?
The Bible itself simply states that the word was WITH the God and NOT that the word was with the God at his SIDE. Please read the study "John 1:1 The Word WAS God!" for a more in depth study showing other translations and the literal meaning of "WITH" in the original text.
The Bible itself does NOT say that the word was a separate person of the Godhead called God the Son. We will go deeper in a moment what the phrase the “WORD was WITH God” actually means, and what the Bible ITSELF truly means when is says the God created all things “BY” his word.
But for now I want to point out that SOME Christians, who teach that the Word was WITH the God and he, Yahweh himself, created all things BY his Word go on to say that the Word IS Jesus, which is fine, because the Word was made to become FLESH and that human being born of the virgin Mary, who was called the Son of MAN, we all agree IS Jesus.
However, the Bible ITSELF does NOT say, “And Jesus was made flesh”, but rather the word of TRUTH simple says, and the WORD was made flesh. The Bible does NOT say that the SON was made flesh, but rather states that the "LOGOS" translated as the Word was made flesh.
For example if a tree is fashioned to become a house, then it would NOT be correct to dogmatically demand that the HOUSE was made into a house. The tree is NO longer a tree, because it was made by builder to be made into a HOUSE. We know that the house came from a tree, but we also know that the tree in and of itself alone by itself did not become a house. We know that there was a BUILDER, or one who had a THOUGHT to create a house and he used a tree to form, fashion, build, or create that house.
So again WHAT is the Word? Or more precisely what is the WORD? What is the "logos"? Or simply put what is the word?
This time rather than listening to the THEORIES of theologians why not we simply allow the Bible itself to teach us what the “WORD” truly is in the LIGHT of the whole word of God.
To begin this study in God's word let us look up the Greek word in the original text that is translated as “Word” here in the King James Version of the Bible and literally nearly all other translations. Now I say nearly all other translations, but there are still a few translations that correctly translate this Greek word as “word” rather than “Word” with a capital “W”, which to me influences the reader to be deceived as to what the word “word” truly means based upon what the whole word of God teaches us. To say this another way some Christians read and understand John 1:14, “the word was made flesh” to mean that JESUS was made flesh, but this is not what the clear, plain, and simple word of truth teaches us.
Here is what the New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible defines the Greek word “logos” as meaning. It is Strong's number 3056 and it is defined as; something SAID, including THOUGHT. It is translated 218 times as "word" NOT being capitalized, 50 times as SAYING, 8 times as account, as in, a record of speech recorded as written words, 8 times as SPEECH, 7 times as "Word" capitalized to signify Christ as the divine EXPRESSION that refers to Jesus the Christ.
The Bible concordance goes on to say that “logos” denotes the EXPRESSION of THOUGHT and NOT the mere name of an object, as in, the embodying a conception or idea. In other words, the word was not the name of God's Son or some other divine eternal Spirit being, who was WITH God at his SIDE in eternity past being created or not being created. But rather the word was Yahweh EXPRESSING his THOUGHTS that were WITH him and what God's expressed thoughts were God was.
To say this another way would be to say that when God's THOUGHT was for light to be brought forth into existence where light only existed WITH God in his THOUGHTS before God SPOKE or EXPRESSED his thought of light coming forth out from his mouth saying Light BE, then there was NO light. But AFTER God EXPRESSED his THOUGHT for light to BE by SPEAKING out of his mouth light be, then the logos, the SAYING of God, or the word BECAME light. This is HOW God himself alone creates all things. Now a tree is NOT the divine eternal God and a tree at the SAME time having TWO natures. So why then do some Christians dogmatically demand that Jesus must without fail be a God/man having TWO natures at the SAME time, when the Bible ITSELF does NOT teach us that Jesus had TWO natures during the days of his FLESH?
The concordance gives an example of this expression of thought found in Luke 7:7, where a centurion is telling Jesus to simply SPEAK, or SAY the WORD, the logos, and my servant will be healed.
“Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto you: but SAY in a WORD, and my servant shall be healed.”
So the centurion was asking Jesus to simply SPEAK a WORD, or speak forth a logos, saying that his servant is healed and I know that my servant will be healed. My point is this; out of 207 times that the Greek word “logos” is used in the New Testament it is ALWAYS translated as meaning SPEECH, the spoken word of God, and SAYING of God, something that is SPOKEN each and every time, except for the 7 times when it is personified as being Jesus Christ, the SON OF God, where the translators themselves chose to translate the Greek word “Logos” as the “Word”.
And also please keep in mind that in the original text these 7 occurrences of the Greek word “logos” were NOT capitalized. In other words, the Greek word “logos” was translated by Bible theologians as “Word” meaning SPEECH, something SAID, a thought that was WITHIN, which is then SPOKEN as an EXPRESSION of THOUGH, the EXPRESSED IMAGE. But BECAUSE it is capitalized as Word, then it deceives some readers to wrongly believe that the "word" or logos was a SEPARATE divine eternal Spirit being, who was WITH the God at his SIDE.
In other words, all honest Bible scholars must agree that the Greek word "logos" in the original text that was correctly translated as "word" meaning SPEECH, something SAID, something SPOKEN or the SAYING of God 200 times SHOULD have been translation these other 7 times as "word" also. But for some REASON SOME theologians TRANSLATED the same exact Greek word “logos” as “Word” being capitalized 7 times to identify THE God's divine EXPRESSION referring to Jesus Christ. Jesus is the EXPRESSED IMAGE of God, who is the EXPRESS IMAGE of God meaning that God SPOKE Jesus into being to become the image of God's CHARACTER.
The Greek word “charakter” means a TOOL that is use to carve or engrave a copy of an image. Like a stamp imprints the characteristics of the TRUE. In other words, Jesus was brought forth into existence to be a mirror IMAGE of the CHARACTER of the Father, the one true and only Almighty God. Jesus was created to SHOW us the FATHER. Jesus was NOT the Father, but rather Jesus was a REPRESENTATION of the Father's TRUE character. Jesus came to show us that God IS love, and the he takes NO pleasure in the death of the wicked and desires ALL men to be saved. But also that God is a consuming fire and that he must destroy the wicked who reject his so great a salvation.
To say this another way, we have been TAUGHT by Bible theologians that these 7 times only that the Greek word “logos” now suddenly means Jesus Christ, an eternal divine Spirit being, the Son of God, the second person of a triune Godhead, who dwelt WITH THE God the Father at his SIDE having no beginning nor ending, whom THE GOD then SENT down from heaven into the earth, where the SON OF God himself was then was made flesh, given the name Jesus, who would then be CALLED the SON OF the Highest, but yet REMAINED fully THE ALMIGHTY God, the HIGHEST while being a human at the same time.
Other Christians, who now see that truth of the whole word of God that Jesus is NOT the Almighty God himself during the days of his FLESH say no to the above trinitarian theory and rather claim that Jesus did indeed have a beginning and he was begotten in eternity past and was WITH God at his SIDE, but it was Yahweh himself who created all things while his Son watched. They also claim that the SON of God himself became flesh as well, and that Jesus was BOTH divine and human at the same time.
Again please understand that ALL of this THEORY. Now SOME parts of these theories do have a sound Biblical foundation, but because they are mixed with error I myself cannot agree with any of these theories.
My main focus in this study is the theorizing philosophy by Bible theologians making the one true and only Almighty God to be a “triune” God, which is done to simply to TRY and reconcile the SEEMING contradiction of the Old Testament clearly teaching that there is but ONE God and the New Testament teaches that the Father is God AND his SON Jesus is God.
To say this another way, Bible theologians or great THINKERS of God's word philosophized that since the Old Testament scriptures clearly teach that there is ONE God and the New Testament teaching that Jesus the SON OF God is God, then this MUST mean that Jesus is THE God, the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, because we simply can NOT have TWO Gods.
To this THEORY I say WHY NOT?
Does not the Bible ITSELF say that THE God Yahweh is THE God OF Gods? Notice here that I capitalize the Hebrew “elohim” as God with a capital “G” both times, because this is what Bible theologians have done with the Greek word “theos” in the New Testament when the title “theos” refers to Jesus, the SON OF God. The Greek word "theos" is a tile and it is NOT capitalized in the original Greek text even when referring to THE Almighty God it is NOT capitalized. The same is true in the Hebrew of the Old Testament. The Hebrew word "elohim" is a title meaning a might one. which is translated as God and god when referring to a god UNDER Yahweh who alone is THE God over all other God or gods.
Please read Deuteronomy 10:17.
“For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regards not persons, nor takes reward:”
Now some may argue that this verse means that God is ONLY the God over IDOL gods, because “of gods” is with a little lower case “g” and NOT a capital “G”.
So to this argument that says that it is impossible for there to be TWO Gods and ALL other gods are IDOLS I say, "Are you then calling Jesus, the SON OF God a mere “IDOL” god clearly seeing from the word of TRUTH that Almighty God the Father is THE God OF Jesus Christ, whom the Father himself calls his Son God?"
Clearly the Bible ITSELF teaches us that Jesus is a God, who is under and subject to his God, the Father, so we clearly have TWO Gods. We have THE ONE TRUE and ONLY Almighty God the Father and we have the Son of MAN who was highly exalted to become a God to rule FOR his God and Father during the Millennium. And I for one would never call Jesus a mere "idol" god. I go deeper in other studies to show that God prophesied of doing NEW THINGS and I show that one of these NEW things was to have a SON and then SHARE his GLORY with his Son. Please read the studies "OUR GOD IS ONE!" and "THERE IS BUT ONE GOD!".
Here is the simple truth of the whole matter dear child of God, IF the Greek word “logos” was NOT capitalized in these 7 occurrences, AND it was NOT dogmatically demanded that Christians MUST without fail believe that God the SON preexisted in eternity past, who then manifested HIMSELF in the flesh AND remained the fully divine ALMIGHTY God at the same time, or else you are NOT saved and you shall remain dead in your sins, then I truly believe that far, far many more Christians would give a sigh of relief saying thank God that I do not have to ACCEPT the doctrine of the trinity any longer in order to be saved.
I say this because I have received letters from many of my readers and seekers of the truth, who have written me saying with tears in their eyes thanking me that these studies in God's word have CONFIRMED what the Holy Spirit was already teaching them. Some of these dear children of God have been thrown out of the churches that they have attended for years, just because they QUESTION the doctrine of the trinity. Some have lost friends and even family over this false doctrine of the trinity. One brother wrote and said hi wife divorced him because he denied the doctrine of the trinity. So it is to you dear child of God, who cannot accept the doctrine of the trinity, is the reason of why I write these studies in God's word.
These studies are not written to convince “die hard” dogmatic trinity believing Christians. If they do, then all praise and glory be to God, and if they do not, then so long as you remain that good and faithful servant unto the end I will see you in the world to come and together we shall forever be with the Lord, Amen. This is NOT a matter of salvation, for if it were, then it would have been taught in the scriptures in clear, plain and simple words with absolutely no need for any interpretation by man saying this MEANS...
Now back to the study at hand before we get too far off track.
What does the Bible ITSELF teach us in SIMPLICITY?
Exactly HOW did the “word” become FLESH?
Did a SEPARATE divine eternal Spirit being named the Word come down from heaven to the earth and manifest himself to become human and yet REMAIN fully divine to be a divine human being or have a divine NATURE and a human NATURE at the same time as the doctrine of the DEITY of Jesus teaches?
Now as I say in the study "JESUS THE SON OF MAN" that there are some Christians, who say that Jesus is 100% divine and 100% human at the same time, and there are others, who say that Jesus is 50% divine and 50% human at the same time, while others say that Jesus is both divine and human at the same time having two natures giving no percentage as to how much divine or human Jesus was. These are all OPINIONS or theories with no scriptures to support that Jesus was both divine and human at the same time having TWO natures during the days of his FLESH.
What does the Bible ITSELF teach us in SIMPLICITY?
Please read Luke 1:24-35, which is HOW the “logos” or word, or SPOKEN SAYING of God was made to become FLESH in John 1:14.
“And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,
25. Thus has the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.
26. And in the sixth month the ANGEL Gabriel was sent FROM God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27. TO a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28. And the angel came in unto her, and SAID, Hail, you that are highly favored, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women.
29. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his ("logo" Strong's #3056 the same "logos" translated as "Word" in John 1:1,14, she was trouble at his) SAYING, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30. And the angel SAID unto her, Fear not, Mary: for you have found favor with God.
31. And, behold, you shall conceive in your womb, and bring forth a son, and SHALL CALL his NAME JESUS. (the NAME Jesus means the salvation of Yahweh or Yahweh saves. This does not mean that Jesus is Yahweh himself, but rather simply means that Yahweh will judge the world and the fallen angels BY this MAN named Jesus who SHALL be CALLED the SON OF the HIGHEST.)
32. He shall be great, and SHALL be CALLED the SON OF the Highest: and the Lord God shall GIVE unto him the throne of his father David: (remember that God CALLS things that are not yet as through they already ARE as prophecy of what WILL be. Psalm 2 is the perfect example of God speaking his Son into existence with his word or prophecy. So at times it SEEMS as if Jesus is ALREADY God's Son but in truth Jesus is BECOMING God's eternal divine Son. Remember the prophecy in Isaiah 9:6,7 where FIRST God prophesies that a CHILD is BORN and THEN a SON is given. "For unto us a CHILD is BORN, unto us a SON is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:7. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 9:8. The Lord SENT a WORD INTO Jacob, and it has lighted upon Israel." First of all this verse in Luke is a "partial" fulfillment of Isaiah 9:6 where a CHILD is to be BORN of a woman to become FLESH. Secondly Isaiah prophesies that a SON shall be given and we know that some 33 1/2 years later after this CHILD was born that the Son of MAN called the Son of God was given a the one sacrifice for the sins of the world. And thirdly Jesus knew that the scriptures spoke of HIM. Please notice verse 8 of Isaiah chapter 9 where Yahweh is prophesying to send a WORD INTO Jacob and that that this WORD would light or remain and abide upon Israel. Jacob and Israel are at times used as types and shadows pointing to the coming Messiah. In Jewish culture most every believing Jew who was of the linage of David had the hope that they word be the Messiah who was prophesied to come.)
33. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. (yet to be fulfilled at the second coming of Jesus)
34. Then said Mary unto the angel, HOW shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35. And the angel answered and SAID unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon you, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow you: therefore also that holy thing which shall be BORN of you SHALL be CALLED the SON OF God.”
The phrase "shall be born" literally means that holy thing is BEING GENERATED out of you. Jeremiah 1:5 teaches us that Jesus was FORMED in the womb of the virgin Mary.
“Before I (Yahweh) FORMED YOU in the belly I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet unto the nations.”
We know this is a prophecy of Jesus, because Jeremiah was not ordained a prophet to the NATIONS plural, but rather to the one nation of Israel. Jesus came forth into existence by being BORN of a woman to become FLESH, a human being, the Son of MAN. The literal translations reads, “I am forming you, I knew you in the belly before I am forming you, and before you are coming forth out of the womb I hallowed you a prophet to nations I gave you.”
The concordance defines this Hebrew word “yatsar” as meaning God's CREATIVE activity as when God not only formed man from the dust of the ground in Genesis 2:7,8 but the animals also in Genesis 2:19
You see dear child of God, do we read here in Luke, the account of HOW Jesus came into existence, or for that matter do we read anywhere in the entire BIBLE ITSELF where it says that the SON OF God himself came down from heaven to the earth AS already being the divine eternal SON OF God or God the SON and then the divine SON manifested himself to be conceived in the womb of the VIRGIN Mary to be BORN of a WOMAN, who would then NAME her son Jesus, who would then become to be called the SON OF the HIGHEST or the SON OF God?
I mean if other verses are INTERPRETED to mean this, then WHY does not Luke 1:24-25 ALSO teach that Jesus HIMSELF as an eternal divine Spirit being who was with the god at his side came down out of heaven and manifested HIMSELF to be conceived in the womb of Mary to be born of a woman, BUT ALSO still yet REMAIN fully the divine ALMIGHTY God himself?
Should not the WHOLE word of God AGREE with whatever any one verse is INTERPRETED to mean?
Isaiah 49:1-6 also teaches us that Jesus was formed or created or brought into existence in the womb of the virgin Mary. Again we know that this was a prophecy of Jesus, because Jesus was given as covenant to the Gentiles. God gave his prophet to the NATIONS plural.
“Listen, O isles, unto me (Jesus the chosen prophet of Yahweh); and hearken, you people, from far (or hear you Gentiles also and obey my words); The LORD (Yahweh) has called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother has he made mention of my name. (and that Holy thing in your womb Mary shall be CALLED the SON OF God)
2. And he has made my mouth like a sharp sword (like a two edge sword of his mouth Revelation 19:21); in the shadow of his hand has he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver has he hid me;
3. And said unto me (Jesus the Son of MAN born of the Virgin Mary a human woman), You are my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. (Jesus knew that the scriptures spoke of him. Jesus knew that Israel was a type or shadow pointing to him.)
4. Then I said, I have (or have I) labored in vain (Jesus perceived that wickedness would increase on the earth and said as a question in Luke 18:8, "Shall I find FAITH on the earth" when I come again at my second coming), I have (or have I) spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
5. And now, said the LORD that formed me from the womb (or more precisely Yahweh IS FORMING me from the womb) to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
6. And he (Yahweh) said, It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I (Yahweh) ALSO will give you for a light to the Gentiles, that YOU (Israel my servant and NOT servants plural) may be MY SALVATION unto the end of the earth.”
The name Jesus means Yahweh's salvation or the salvation OF Yahweh, as the means by which, Yahweh himself chose to save mankind. By one MAN sin entered into the world and by ONE MAN came the resurrection in which by that one MAN the world shall be judged.
The ONLY verse in the entire Bible that has the phrase “divine nature” is found in 2 Peter 1:14, which speaks of US parting of the divine nature WHEN WE are glorified of the Father in the world yet to come. We are indeed CALLED the sons and daughters of God NOW in this present world, but in truth we do not actually become God's eternal sons and daughters UNTIL we are found FAITHFUL to overcome unto the END.
And the end is speaking of when one dies physically, if so be, one should dies physically before the second coming of Jesus, which will become the end, if so be, we remain alive unto the coming of Jesus. So in truth we are BECOMING the eternal or immortal the sons and daughters of God so long as we are following and obeying the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Please read 2 Peter 1:14.
“Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these YOU (speaking of faithful Christians unto the end) might be partakers of the DIVINE NATURE, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
So then, the DIVINE NATURE is being immortal having eternal life. Yahweh the one true God has always been DIVINE or IMMORTAL having self existing eternal life IN himself. But Jesus BECAME DIVINE by be GIVEN immortality TO HAVE in himself even as the Father has always had life in himself.
We learn in 1 Timothy 6:13-16 that there is only ONE, who has always had the divine nature of immortality. And we learn from John 5:26,27 that Jesus was GIVEN life to HAVE in himself even AS the Father HAS life in himself, BECAUSE he was the Son of MAN. Not because he was God or the Son OF God, but rather because he was the Son of MAN.
So WHEN was Jesus GIVEN the divine nature of immortality to HAVE life in himself even as the Father has always had life in himself? Was it in eternity past as some claim? If so where are the scriptures that prove this claim? Was it at his HUMAN birth as a CHILD being BORN of a WOMAN? If so where are the scriptures and how can a divine eternal being DIE? And please forgive me for NOT buying into the THEORY that it was only his HUMAN nature that died, because there are NO scriptures to back up this man-made teaching of Jesus having TWO natures at the SAME time during the days of his FLESH.
Or was it when Jesus was GIVEN to offer himself on the cross to accomplish the TASK his God and Father COMMISSIONED him to complete. The word translated as sent in John 3:17 LITERALLY reads commission also carrying the meaning of "dispatch", which also carries the meaning of being put to DEATH. This is what Jesus was sent or commissioned to accomplish, the laying down of his own life of his own free will in OBEDIENCE to his God and Father's will.
And "spiritually" Jesus accomplished this task that he was commissioned to accomplish when he OVERCAME the enemy in the garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus made the firm choice to obey his Father's will over the will of his flesh saying not MY will but YOUR will be done. Jesus already KNEW what HIS God and Father's will was before he ever went to pray.
God honoring the faith of Jesus to trust God's word that he would NOT leave his soul in hell or the grave was like Abraham showing God his FAITHFULNESS to obey all God gave him to do when Abraham offered his only begotten son and the angel of God said stop I now SEE that you love God. It was good enough for God to see that faithfulness and LOVE to OBEY God that Abraham had toward God to offer his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON to God that God himself did not NEED the see Abraham continue. God saw Abraham's HEART.
And in the same way in God's eye it was FINISHED in the garden of Gethsemane when Jesus said not MY will but your will be done. But for the sacrifice to be complete in the eyes of God's enemy, who did not know that this was God's plan of salvation for mankind, then it was needed for Jesus to truly DIE as the INNOCENT Lamb of God without spot or blemish. But had Satan known he would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
My point is this: Jesus was born TWICE. His first birth was that of FLESH being born of the virgin woman Mary as a human CHILD to be called the Son of MAN. His second birth was being BEGOTTEN OF the Father at his resurrection to be given immortality to become the eternal Son of God BEGOTTEN from the DEAD. In essence God BEGAN from his Son in the womb of Mary, but did not COMPLETE the forming his Son until after the Son of MAN became obedient unto death on the cross of his own free will.
Let us go back and read the CONTEXT of John 3:17 and read John 3:1-18 keeping in mind that this is a gospel account or written record of what has already taken place, which is another reason why it is hard for some to see that Jesus was ACTUALLY begotten by God AT his resurrection to become God's eternal Son as opposed to Jesus being begotten by God at his virgin birth to become God's DIVINE Son.
You see dear child of God we, who are Christians, NOW call Jesus the FIRST begotten, because we live AFTER the cross. But DURING the days of his FLESH Jesus had not yet become the FIRST begotten. Jesus IS deity NOW, but DURING the days of his FLESH before the cross Jesus was not yet deity. Jesus had not yet been HIGHLY EXALTED by his God and Father before the cross. Before the cross Jesus was not yet DIVINE. Jesus came out form the divine Yahweh by God SPEAKING out of his mouth his WORD the became FLESH, but that spoken word did NOT remain the DIVINE Yahweh. It became FLESH just like the word of TRUTH clearly states in John 1:14.
Please notice the CONTEXT of John 3:17 where Jesus says that he must being lifted up like the serpent, which speaks of the crucifixion of Jesus being lifted up on the cross for the sins of the world.
"There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:2. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God: for no MAN can do these miracles that you do, except God be WITH him. (here we see clearly that the followers of Jesus saw Jesus as a MAN with whom God was WITH because no MAN could do the miracles men saw Jesus do except God was WITH that MAN.)
3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a MAN be BORN AGAIN, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (In a moment in verse 13 I want you to notice that Jesus is still yet called the Son of MAN even AFTER he ascended into heaven the second time where he is now awaiting his second coming. Jesus needed to be born AGAIN which is when he was BEGOTTEN of the Father from the DEAD.)
4. Nicodemus said unto him, HOW can a man be BORN when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a MAN be born of water AND of the Spirit (showing TWO births), he (ANY MAN including Jesus the Son of MAN) cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6. That which is BORN of the FLESH is flesh; and that which is BORN of the SPIRIT is spirit. (again showing TWO births: Jesus' FIRST birth was of a WOMAN, which is FLESH, and his second birth was when he was BEGOTTEN BY the Father at his resurrection, which is when Jesus was born AGAIN to actually receive the divine nature or immortality of eternal life. Jesus too need to be born TWICE.)
7. Marvel not that I said unto you, You must be born AGAIN. (Jesus needed to be born of water or of flesh AS of Son OF MAN first, and then also needed to be born AGAIN in order to enter into the kingdom of God. Keep in mind that the CONTEXT is about Jesus as well as all other men. The LITERAL translation reads in verse 5 as ANYONE who is NOT born or water AND of Spirit cannot ENTER into the kingdom of God. Now WE somehow have gotten the idea that being born again ONLY means our new birth when we BELIEVED on Jesus. But the CONTEXT here goes deeper to include being born again as becoming DEAD or dying physically, and then being BEGOTTEN again back from the DEAD. Again we have come to spiritualize this to say that we are spiritually dead already and then we are born again to a new life in Christ, which is true, but it is not the whole truth. Jesus says if we seek to save our life, then we shall lose our life. Revelation teaches us that they loved NOT their live even unto death. This is NOT speaking about spiritual life and death but rather our physical life to not fear being killed for the sake of Jesus and the gospel. The MORTAL must die or mortality must be changed to become immortality before man can enter into the kingdom of God.)
8. The wind blows where it lists, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell whence it comes, and whither it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (All men are born again initially when they BELIEVE God's word. Now there was no good news of the NEW Testament before the cross for Jesus to believe to become born again, but Jesus BELIEVED that the scriptures of the Old Testament spoke of HIM. So I would say that Jesus became initially born again at the age of twelve when he told Mary that he must be about his Father's business. Again we, as Christians, are initially born again when we BELIEVE on Jesus as our Messiah the one prophesied to come, but we are not ACTUALLY glorified to become the eternal sons and daughters of God UNTIL we are found to be FAITHFUL to the end and we are given the right to eat of the tree of life in the world to come at the second coming of Jesus, which is when the first resurrection with take place. Jesus was not highly exalted and granted the right to sit on his Father's throne until AFTER Jesus OVERCAME.)
9. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10. Jesus answered and said unto him, Are you a master of Israel, and know not these things?
11. Verily, verily, I say unto you, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and you receive not our witness.
12. If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13. And no MAN has ascended up to heaven, but he (the Son of MAN) that came down from heaven, even the Son of MAN which is IN heaven. (First of all we know that Jesus was NOT IN heaven yet, but at times it SEEMS like things are out of SEQUENCE when it truth some things are being recorded AFTER the fact having already been accomplished. For example some argue that Jesus could NOT have been given eternal life AFTER his resurrection in John 5:26,27, because Jesus had not DIED on the cross yet when he spoke these words in John chapter 5 not realizing that the the gospels are HISTORY recorded as a written account of what has ALREADY taken place. Secondly we all know that Jesus was NOT the Son of MAN before his virgin birth. Therefore this verse is not speaking of Jesus the Son of MAN coming down from heaven to be made flesh, but rather speaks of the Son of MAN ascending into heaven right after his resurrection before he allowed anyone to TOUCH him and then descending back down to show himself ALIVE forever more never to die again and then the Son of MAN ascended in to heaven where he is now awaiting his return to fulfill the rest of the prophecy concerning him.)
14. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of MAN be lifted up: (In other words, Jesus is saying that he, the Son of MAN, must DIE FIRST like a seed must DIE before it can LIVE again or be BORN AGAIN to bear much FRUIT. Please read John 12:23-33 where Jesus is teaching about his death and WHY he must die. Jesus is the FIRST BORN AGAIN from the dead to become the FIRST FRUIT of many brethren. 1 Corinthians 15:15 -24, Romans 8:29, and Colossians 1:15-18.)
15. That whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. (Now WHAT are we to believe? Are we commanded to believe that God's eternal Son from all eternity past came down from heaven to become the Son of man, but yet REMAINED the divine eternal Son of God having TWO natures at the SAME time during the days of his FLESH in order to be saved? No we are not. We are simply to believe that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God regardless of WHEN one chooses to believe that Jesus became the SON OF God. So if YOU yourself can rationalize ALL the scriptures that Jesus was begotten of God in eternity past either with or without a beginning, then that is YOUR choice. But for ME and many, many other Christians like myself WE cannot accept such a teaching. The simple truth is that many Christians like myself see that the Bible itself speaks of the resurrection as the "WHEN" that Jesus BECAME the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF God. We will cover some more verses that clearly show this fact in a moment.)
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Remember that this was written AFTER Jesus was already BEGOTTEN from the dead, which is WHAT we are to BELIEVE. For if we do NOT believe that Jesus was begotten from the DEAD, then how shall we have faith to believe that WE shall be begotten again for the dead? 1 Corinthians 15:15-24.)
17. For God SENT not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (Again the word translated as sent in a word for word literally translation read God COMMISSIONS or DISPATCHES not his Son into the system to condemn or be judging those in the system, but that those in the system may be being saved through him. The word commission means to GIVE power to accomplish a TASK and the word dispatch means GIVEN to DIE. So Jesus was GIVEN the task to DIE for the sins of mankind and was also commissioned or given the POWER to accomplish this task of laying down his life of his own free will for the sins of the world. If one does NOT believe that Jesus suffered and DIED on the cross for their sins, then they will remain dead in the sins.)
18. He that BELIEVES on him is NOT condemned: BUT he that believes NOT is condemned already, BECAUSE he has NOT believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
In other words, if one does NOT believe that Jesus suffered and DIED on the cross for their sins AND ALSO does NOT believe that Jesus was BEGOTTEN AGAIN from the DEAD, then they will NOT be saved and they will NOT receive eternal life in the world to come. So for ME and many other Christians we see that the phrase the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF God means that Jesus was BEGOTTEN from the DEAD to INHERIT or be GIVEN the divine nature of immortality TO HAVE in himself even as the Father has always had the divine nature of immortality in himself.
Remember to always consider ALL the word of God. John 3:17 was written AFTER Jesus died on the cross and was raised from the dead as a SIGN that he was indeed the one prophesied to come to atone for the sins of mankind. We must believe that Jesus was BEGOTTEN from the DEAD.
Please read 1 Corinthians 15:15-24.
"Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.16. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17. And IF Christ be NOT raised, your faith is vain; you are yet in your sins.
18. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20. But NOW is Christ risen from the dead (the ONLY begotten Son of God at this present time), and become the FIRST fruit of them that slept.
21. For since by MAN came death, by MAN came also the resurrection of the dead. (speaking primarily in this context of the resurrection of the dead in Christ at his coming, but also including the second resurrection at the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus.)
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23. But every man in his own order: Christ the FIRST fruit (the FIRST BEGOTTEN from the DEAD of many brethren); afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (Speaking of all the faithful Christians both the dead and the living. This is the FIRST resurrection where all the faithful in Jesus Christ are BEGOTTEN of the Father to be CHANGED from mortal to the divine nature of immortality and we will be like Jesus for we shall see him as he is, which is the eternal Son of MAN having of body of FLESH and BONE that will never die.)
24. Then comes the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power."
Now let us take a look at Acts 33:32-41 where again we can clearly see that Jesus was BEGOTTEN of God on a certain DAY in time and that certain day in time ACCORDING to the Bible ITSELF was at the RESURRECTION of the Son of MAN.
"And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the PROMISE which was made unto the fathers,33. God has FULFILLED the same unto us their children (and HOW id God FULFILL the scripture of promise of prophecy being spoken of here?), IN THAT he has RAISED UP Jesus AGAIN; AS IT is also WRITTEN in the second psalm, You are my Son, THIS DAY have I BEGOTTEN you. (now some argue and say that this teaching or doctrine of Jesus becoming the Son of God at his RESURRECTION is based upon ONE verse only here in Acts 13:33 and make the CLAIM that the term this day is speaking of ETERNITY for there is no time with God. But the writer of the book of Acts clearly states that the prophecy written in Psalms chapter 2 has God FULFILLED IN THAT he has RAISED UP or has BEGOTTEN Jesus from the DEAD. This CONTEXT clearly shows this fulfillment of Psalms 2 being the resurrection in the bringing out other prophecies of the same event of the RESURRECTION of Jesus.)
34. AND AS CONCERNING that he RAISED him UP from the DEAD, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
35. Wherefore he said ALSO in another psalm, You shall not suffer your Holy One to see corruption. (So then, IF SO BE it were true that Jesus was BEGOTTEN in eternity past as some claim then they must be consistent in there interpretation of verse 33 and also demand that verse 34-36 took place in eternity past as well.)
36. For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
37. But he, whom God RAISED AGAIN (or whom God has BEGOTTEN from the DEAD and has given immortality never more to die), saw no corruption.
38. Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this MAN is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39. And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
40. Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;
41. Behold, you who despise, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in YOUR days, (again proving that Jesus was NOT begotten in eternity past BEFORE the creation of the world and mankind) a work which you shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you."
Jesus declared that he would suffer and die on the cross and after three days would be raised form the dead, but no one truly believed his words until AFTER they WITNESSED his RESURRECTION. And Jesus being BEGOTTEN from the DEAD is the heart and very foundation of the gospel. This is what sets Christianity apart from ALL other faiths. Had Satan KNOWN he would NOT have crucified that innocent pure Lamb of God, the Son of MAN.
Let us now take a look at Hebrews 1:1-6 where we find the writer of Hebrews COMPARING Jesus with the angels. Remember as you read these verse that the FIRST estate of Jesus was being made a little LOWER then the angels but NOW he has OBTAINED a name higher or more excellent than the angels.
"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, WHEN he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 . Being MADE so much BETTER than the angels, as he has BY inheritance OBTAINED a MORE EXCELLENT name than they. (In other words, it was prophesied that Jesus word obtain a more excellent name that the angels as his INHERITANCE)
5. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, You are my Son, THIS DAY have I begotten you? And again, I WILL BE to him a Father, and HE SHALL be to me a Son?
6. And again (speaking of the second coming of Jesus), when he brings in the FIRST BEGOTTEN into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him."
The FIRST BEGOTTEN does NOT mean the Jesus was the first begotten of every creature BEFORE the creation of the world and that God brought his first begotten into the world to be born of the virgin Mary, because this leaves NO place for the scripture to be fulfilled where Jesus was made a little LOWER than the angels BEFORE the Son of MAN was highly exalted and given the right to INHERIT the world to come.
Please read Hebrews 2:3-14.
"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
4. God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
5. For unto the angels has he NOT put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
6. But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is MAN, that you are mindful of him? or the son of MAN, that you visit him?
7. You made him (Jesus and all of man or mankind) a little LOWER than the angels;(speaking of the days of his FLESH) you crowned him with glory and honor, and did set him over the works of your hands:(Speaking of AFTER Jesus OVERCAME even to suffer and did on the cross a cruel DEATH fro our sins)
8. You have put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
9. But WE see Jesus, who was made a little LOWER than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. (Jesus is the FIRST BORN of every creature, the FIRST BORN from the DEAD that he might become the FIRST fruit on MANY brethren or MANY sons of God)
11. For both he that sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of ONE: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them BRETHREN,
12. Saying, I will declare your name unto MY BRETHREN, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto you.
13. And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God has given me.
14. For as much then AS the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he ALSO HIMSELF LIKEWISE took part of the SAME; that (or so that) through DEATH he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"
So then clearly the Bible itself teaches us that DURING the days of his FLESH is the "when" that Jesus was made a little LOWER than the angels and it was only AFTER Jesus was BEGOTTEN from the DEAD that Jesus inherited a a more excellent name than the angels and was made BETTER than the angels. The clear simple word of God in John 1:14 says that the "word", the spoken SAYING of God, was made FLESH.
And Hebrews 2:14 says that "he" also himself likewise took part of the SAME nature of FLESH that all the children of God have and we know that WE are not divine and human at the same time.
I know that at times on the surface it sounds as if some verses are saying that Jesus HIMSELF became FLESH taking part of the SAME nature of FLESH so that trough DEATH he might destroy the power of death, which is the devil. And this is why we must interpret all verses in the light of the whole word of God.
We all agree that John 1:14 says that the "word" was made FLESH, which in the context of Hebrews 2:14 means that Jesus was a MORTAL human being who could suffer DEATH.
We also know from Numbers 23:19 that God is NOT a MAN and neither is God the Son OF MAN. Now I myself believe that the Bible itself teaches us that Yahweh HIMSELF became the Son of MAN, but NOT in the WAY that is taught by Oneness believers who wrong teach that Jesus IS the Father. Please read the study "WHAT DOES GOD INCARNATE MEAN?" where I give and in depth study of HOW Yahweh HIMSELF literally BECOMES everything he creates by SPEAKING ALL things into existence where the only existed before WITHIN himself as a IMAGE that he desired to bring forth into existence. But for now let us continue with this study in God's word by reading Numbers 23:19 where we can clearly see that Yahweh himself is NOT a MAN neither the Son of MAN.
"God is NOT a MAN, that he should lie; neither (is God) the SON of MAN, that he should repent: has he (Yahweh) said, and shall he not do it? or has he (Yahweh) spoken, and shall he not make it good?"
And we also know from 1 Timothy 6:13-16 that only ONE has always had immortality or self existing LIFE in himself, and that ONE is the ALMIGHTY the ONLY Potentate, the INVISIBLE God the Father whom NO man has seen nor any man can see. And we know from John 5:26,27 that Jesus was GIVEN life to HAVE in himself even as the Father has LIFE IN himself, which we know is IMMORTAL self existing life that ONLY the DIVINE ETERNAL and INVISIBLE Spirit has always possessed in himself being the SOURCE of all life and creator of all things.
1 Timothy 6:13-16.
"I give you charge in the sight of God, who quickens (or gives LIFE to) all things, AND before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;14. That you KEEP THIS this commandment (or I charge you before God and his Son Jesus that you KEEP this instruction or teaching) without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15. Which in his times (speaking of the first and second comings of Jesus) he (Jesus) shall show, WHO is the blessed and ONLY Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; (Jesus came to show us the FATHER, who is the ONLY sovereign Almighty God. The word Potentate means sovereign or most high the Almighty who is over ALL)
16. Who ONLY has immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen."
And men have certainly SEEN Jesus. So the WHO that Jesus came to SHOW us is the ONLY Almighty and INVISIBLE God, who ONLY has always possessed IMMORTALITY. And we know that Jesus is NOT the FATHER. Therefore this means that ONLY Yahweh the ETERNAL INVISIBLE SPIRIT has always existed and thus NO ONE was WITH the God in the beginning as some CLAIM by dogmatically demanding that the "word" in John 1:1 was a separate divine eternal Spirit being who was WITH God at his side in the beginning, who then created all things.
NO dear child of God, a thousand times NO! The "word" in John 1:1 is the divine EXPRESSION of God expressing the IMAGE that is WITHIN the God when God SPOKE that IMAGE that was WITHIN himself out from his mouth to be brought into existence. Again Please read the more in depth study "JOHN 1:1 THE WORD WAS GOD!"
But for now let us now read one last verse that shows that Jesus was BEGOTTEN at the resurrection and then we will cover the verse that SEEM to say that Jesus descended down from out of heaven.
Please read Hebrews 5:5-12,
"So also Christ GLORIFIED not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, You are my Son, TODAY have I begotten you.6. As he said ALSO in another place, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. (so again the writer of Hebrews uses TWO Old Testament prophecies showing that BOTH were fulfilled in Jesus on a certain DAY in time, which was WHEN Jesus was GLORIFIED and MADE to BECOME our high priest the very SAME DAY that Jesus was BEGOTTEN of God to becomes God's SON.)
7. Who in the days of his FLESH, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to SAVE HIM from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8. Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9. And being MADE perfect (by his OBEDIENCE TO NOT SIN, but to do ALL the will of his God and Father even to suffer and die on the cross a cruel and shameful death NOT for himself but for US and all of mankind where WHOSOEVER BELIEVES on Jesus can be saved), he BECAME the author of eternal salvation (or he BECAME that Father of everlasting life as prophesied in Isaiah 9:6,7 that is incorrectly translated in the King James version as everlasting Father, which should read Father of everlasting or Father of eternal life) unto all them that OBEY HIM;
10. Called of God (and not sent down from heaven by God, but rather the Son of MAN was CALLED OF God) an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
11. Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
12. For when for the time you ought to be teachers, you have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."
Now let us take a CLOSER look at the main verses that SEEM to be saying that Jesus himself literally came down out of heaven down to the earth. Always remember that any verse when viewed ALONE and aprat from God's word may SEEM to be saying something that it is NOT truly saying when it is correctly interpreted in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God.
Please read John 6:38 where Jesus HIMSELF says that HE came DOWN FROM HEAVEN.
“For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
So then, when we read this verse ALONE being OUT of it's CONTEXT and apart from the rest of God's word, then it certainly APPEARS that Jesus preexisted up in heaven WITH God and that he literally CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN as trintarians dogmatically demand that this verse means and dogmatically demand as well that it cannot possibly mean any other thing.
But oneness believers say that Yahweh the FATHER came down from heaven and manifested HIMSELF to be the SON, who was then given the name Jesus, who would then become to be called the SON OF the Highest but yet REMAINED Yahweh himself at the same time. They are called "Oneness" believers because the do NOT believe that Jesus is a SEPARATE being apart from the Father, but rather believe that Jesus IS the Father and the Father is the Son, as in, Jesus IS Yahweh himself being one and the self same being.
So again we have different theological “theories” as to what Jesus is actually saying here.
Did Jesus INTEND his words here to mean that he dwelt WITH Yahweh at his SIDE in eternity past as God's SON, who then he himself came down out of heaven?
Why not just simply allow that BIBLE to speak for ITSELF?
What does the Bible itself actually teach us when this verse is LEFT in it's entire CONTEXT and then compare with like scripture?
Please read two verses that follow right after Jesus said he came down from heaven. Here is John 6:41,42 and then we will go back and read the entire context.
“The Jews then murmured at him, BECAUSE he said, I am the BREAD which CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN.
42. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? HOW is it then that he says, I came down from heaven?”
You see dear child of God Jesus said far more than just “ I came down from heaven”. Jesus ALSO said that he was the BREAD that came down from heaven.
So what did Jesus mean by his saying that he was the BREAD which came down from heaven? Did Jesus INTEND his words to mean that he was a LITERAL loaf of BREAD that came down form heaven? No of course not! Then how can some dogmatically demand that Jesus INTENDED his words, “ I came down from heaven” to LITERALLY mean that Jesus himself came down from heaven?
Let us read the whole entire context first and then we will let the Bible itself teach us what the word of truth means by BREAD and by the words of Jesus saying, “ I came down from heaven”.
Please read John 6:25-63, which is right after Jesus fed five thousand with a two small fish and five loafs of barley BREAD and then they gathered up the left over fragments after everyone was full and they filled twelve baskets, which was more than the two small fish and five loaves of bread.
“And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when came you here?
26. Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, You seek me, not because you saw the miracles, but because you did EAT of the loaves, and were filled.
27. Labor NOT for the meat (or labor not for physical food BREAD) which perishes, but for that meat (or spiritual BREAD) which endures unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him has God the Father sealed.
28. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29. Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that you believe on HIM whom HE has SENT.(And HOW was Jesus SENT down from Heaven? Was Jesus sent down from heaven AS already being the divine eternal SON OF God called God the Son, the second person of the trinity? Was Jesus sent down from heaven as an eternal divine being who was WITH God called the Word? Or was simply the “logos”, the SPOKEN word or spoken SAYING of God, which came out from the MOUTH of God, sent down from heaven by God's messenger the angel Gabriel, which we just read in Luke chapter 1?)
30. They said therefore unto him, What sign show you then, that we may see, and believe you? what do you work? (I mean really dear child of God, do you honestly think for one second that these Jews truly understood these words of Jesus being SENT by God to LITERALLY mean that Jesus himself, a MAN standing before them, was sent down out of heaven down to the earth to become a human being and yet remain fully divine at the same time, as we have been TAUGHT by Bible theologians that this and other verses mean? The disciples of Jesus and all who saw Jesus saw him as a HUMAN being, who was ANOINTED BY God. His disciples believed that he was SENT by God, in that, God was WITH the MAN Jesus. THINK this through for yourself dear child of God, because by the RESPONSE of these Jews after hearing Jesus say that he was SENT by God is NOT the response you would expect from Jews just hearing that a MAN came down out of heaven. The Greek word TRANSLATED as “sent” LITERALLY means COMMISSIONED by God and the Jews ask Jesus to PROVE that God COMMISSIONED him by showing them a sign or some work that a man could ONLY do if God was WITH that man. The word COMMISSION means that authority and power is given to one to complete a task they are given to do. So then, Jesus was not literally sent down from heaven into the world, but rather the spoken saying, which CAME OUT FROM the mouth of God was sent by God down from heaven by the angel Gabriel and it was the spoken word that was made to become FLESH. And then this HUMAN Son of MAN was SENT out into the world to accomplish the task, which his God and Father gave and empowered the Son of MAN to do.)
31. Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, HE gave them BREAD FROM HEAVEN to eat.
32. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that BREAD from heaven; but my Father gives you the TRUE BREAD FROM HEAVEN. (The things written in the Old Testament were types casting physical shadow of the TRUE which was being prophesied to come. Jesus knew that the scripture spoke of him so he knew by the teaching of the Holy Spirit the HE was the TRUE BREAD being sent down from heaven)
33. For the BREAD OF God is he which comes down from heaven, and gives life unto the world.
34. Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us THIS BREAD.
35. And Jesus said unto them, I AM the BREAD of LIFE: he that comes to ME shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst. (Now Jesus is NOT saying that he is a LITERAL loaf of BREAD that came down from heaven. The Bible speaks of leaven of BREAD as DOCTRINE or TEACHING. We will cover this passage of scripture in Matthew 16:5-12 in a moment, but for now I want you to see that the BREAD, which came down from Heaven was the TEACHING of God, that CAME OUT FROM the MOUTH of God down to the earth to be taught, revealed, manifested or shown clearly it's TRUE meaning BY the MAN which the scriptures or teaching of God prophesied to come)
36. But I said unto you, That you also have seen ME, and believe not. (These are the SAME Jews that ate the BREAD and SAW the miracles of healing Jesus did, so Jesus is simply telling them that they have already SEEN signs and works that prove to them that God was WITH Jesus.)
37. All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out.
38. For I CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, not to do mine OWN will, but the will of HIM that sent me. (or the WILL of HIM who COMMISSIONED me to do what HE gave me to do. Again HOW did Jesus come down from heaven? The CONTEXT here says that he came down from heaven in the FORM of the TRUE BREAD of LIFE and NOT as the divine SON OF God. And remember that BREAD in this same context in the gospel of Matthew 16:5-12 is TEACHING or the TRUE TEACHING of God that brings ETERNAL life if it is EATEN by BELIEVING on the WORDS or TEACHINGS of Jesus. To say this another way, Jesus knew that the scriptures spoke of him so he knew that the SOURCE of his ORIGIN came out from God to bring him forth into existence. Jesus knew Isaiah 55:11 spoke of him. "So shall my WORD be that goes forth out of my MOUTH: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Jesus knew that God was his Father who brought him into existence.)
39. And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees (or understands the teaching of) the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
41. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the BREAD which came down from heaven.
42. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? HOW is it then that he said, I came down from heaven?
43. Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
44. No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all TAUGHT of God. Every man therefore that has heard, and has LEARNED of the Father, comes unto me. (Jesus came to show us the FATHER. Jesus was raised up by God from among the people of God to TEACH the children of Israel and us of the FATHER. Jesus says in John 17:3 that “THIS is ETERNAL life that they might know YOU the ONLY TRUE God AND Jesus Christ whom YOU have SENT” or who YOU the ONLY TRUE God have COMMISSIONED. Jesus was not raised up by God to show HIMSELF as THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God, but rather to show us the FATHER that we would know the FATHER to be the ONLY TRUE God and that we would know Jesus to be his CHRIST, his anointed one, which was prophesied to be raised up from among the people.)
46. NOT that any MAN has seen (or understood by experience) the Father, save he which is OF God, he has seen the Father. (The Greek word translated as seen here means perceive, to discern and does not dogmatically mean that Jesus was up in heaven with The God at his side having SEEN God before he came down from heaven. Jesus is saying that he is a MAN OF God and this is the way the Jews and disciples understood these words of Jesus. Please read and SEE or understand John 3:1-3, “There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: John 3:2. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that you are a TEACHER come FROM God: for no MAN can do these miracles that you do, except God be WITH him. (or except that MAN be OF God) John 3:3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot SEE (or discern or understand the things of) the kingdom of God.” Jesus came to see his God and Father through the scriptures.)
47. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on me has everlasting life.
48. I am that BREAD of LIFE. (or I am the TRUE TEACHING OF God that is coming FROM God down from Heaven to give so that whosoever believes might have life. You see dear child of God the doctrine Jesus taught was NOT his OWN doctrine or TEACHING, but rather it is the TRUE TEACHING, which CAME OUT FROM the mouth of Yahweh, the Father, come down from heaven to give life to those who BELIEVE.)
49. Your fathers did EAT manna (or physical food raining down from heaven) in the wilderness, and are dead.
50. This is the BREAD (or TRUE TEACHING OF God) which COMES down from heaven (literally meaning that the true teaching of God is presently descending down from Heaven, which means that Jesus was presently HEARING from God as he was TEACHING the people. Jesus obviously had dreams and visions from God as some of the ways he SAW God, as in, UNDERSTANDING what God wanted him to say or do. My point is that no man LITERALLY ATE the physical body of Jesus to receive ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come, but rather they ATE the TEACHING of Jesus by BELIEVING the true teaching of Jesus come down from heaven), that a man may eat thereof, and not die. (God is not forcing any human to believe on his SON Jesus. God is offering for ALL mankind to come to the knowledge of the TRUTH to be saved and receive eternal life in the world to come.)
51. I am the LIVING BREAD which came down from heaven (In other words, Jesus is simply saying he is the manifestation of the WRITTEN WORD of God come to LIFE and the FULFILLMENT of the SCRIPTURES, which came down from heaven, having the TRUE discernment of the ONLY TRUE God, who Jesus clearly identifies as the FATHER): if any man EAT of THIS BREAD, (the TEACHING of Jesus) he shall live for ever: and the BREAD (or the TEACHING) that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. (So at the FIRST coming of Jesus he was commissioned by God to TEACH, or REVEAL that TRUE BREAD come down from heaven which PROPHESIED of a yet coming prophet, whom God would raise up from among the people, who would suffer and die on the cross for the sins of the world.)
52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, HOW can this man give us his FLESH to EAT?
53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except you EAT the FLESH of the Son of MAN, and drink his blood, you have NO LIFE in you.
54. Whoso EATS my flesh, and drinks my BLOOD, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56. He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells in me, and I in him.
57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eats me, even he shall live by me.
58. THIS IS THAT BREAD which came down from heaven:(WHAT is that bread? In other words, THIS TEACHING that we MUST EAT the FLESH of Jesus and DRINK his BLOOD is the TRUE TEACHING of God that is LIFE to those who EAT this TEACHING come down from heaven.) not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eat of THIS BREAD shall live for ever. (Jesus is NOT teaching us here that we are to LITERALLY eat his FLESH and drink his BLOOD, but rather we are to eat the TEACHING of the WRITTEN WORD of God in the Old Testament of the PROPHECIES speaking of JESUS as THAT BREAD or that teaching or the ONE whom the scriptures have prophesied to come. Jesus IS that TRUE BREAD of LIFE come down from heaven. Jesus is the manifestation of the SPOKE word of the ONE and ONLY TRUE God the FATHER. Jesus instituted the breaking of bread or communion to REMEMBER his DEATH and his victorious resurrection being BEGOTTEN again from the DEAD and WHY he suffered and died. In John 12:23-33 we learn that if Jesus would not have died on the cross then he ALONE would become the ONLY Son of God so it was needed for the SEED of Abraham to DIE in order to bring forth MUCH FRUIT.)
59. These things said he in the synagogue, as he TAUGHT in Capernaum.
60. Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? (or who can understand it. Who can believe this teaching if it is literal. Remember that Jesus spoke in parables so that the Jews could hear with their physical ears, but not hear or understand with their spiritual ears. WHY? Because it was PROPHESIED to be so in order that God could redeem ALL of mankind and not just his people the Jews. We serve the only WISE God who outwits his enemy. For had Satan known he would NOT have crucified the Lord of glory.)
61. When Jesus knew in himself (or when Jesus perceived in himself) that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?(then basically told his disciples to bear with him and trust his words and if they do that they would witness the Son of MAN ascend up into heaven before their very eyes.)
62. What and if you shall see the Son of MAN ascend up where he was before?
63. It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, THEY are spirit, and THEY are LIFE.”
Now Jesus is NOT saying that HE, the Son of MAN dwelt up in heaven BEFORE in eternity past and that Son of MAN came down from heaven. But rather Jesus says that it is SPIRIT that make alive, or the SPIRIT who gives LIFE to all flesh. Jesus said in verse 57 that he lives BY that Father. This means that the physical human Jesus was given LIFE by the Father, but it also means that the Father GAVE his Son the divine nature of immortality TO HAVE in himself even as the Father has always had eternal life in himself and ALSO committed to his Son the right or the authority and power to give this same divine nature of eternal life to whomsoever that Son wills.
Jesus is saying that the FLESH is nothing and in doing so Jesus was saying the HE himself was nothing. The focus on this whole passage of scripture is the TRUE TEACHING which, CAME OUT FROM the MOUTH of God down from heaven speaking of the WHOLE word of God. Now there was no New Testament written at this time when Jesus walked as a human being in the days of his FLESH being ANOINTED OF God, so in truth Jesus was speaking of the TEACHING of the Old Testament, which SPOKE of HIM as FULFILLING the prophecies of his FIRST coming.
Also please remember that Jesus was taught moment by moment by the Holy Spirit showing him things yet to COME. In other words, Jesus knew that he would ascend UP to heaven and come back down after his resurrection, and that he would ascend back up where he was BEFORE. Now WE now know after the fact that the Son of MAN ascended to the Father right after his RESURRECTION after he spoke to Mary Magdalene saying to her NOT to TOUCH him because he has NOT YET ASCENDED to the Father. Then later that same day he appeared to his disciples but Thomas was not there and did not believe that Jesus was alive so he said unless I see him myself and put my own fingers in the holes of his hands and thrust my hand into his side I will not believe, Then the next day Jesus appeared again to his disciple and Thomas was there this time and he told his disciples to TOUCH him proving to them that he was not a ghost or spirit, because a spirit does not have a body of flesh and bone.
So my point is that the Son of MAN ascended up into heaven right after his resurrection and then came back down from heaven to show himself as NOW being an IMMORTAL Son of MAN having a body of FLESH and BONE. Thus Jesus knowing this before in came to pass by the Holy Spirit he said,
“What and if you shall see the Son of MAN ascend up where he was before?
63. It is the spirit that quickens (or makes alive); the flesh profits nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, THEY are spirit, and THEY are LIFE.”
Remember that the immediate CONTEXT is speaking of EATING the FLESH and drinking the BLOOD of Jesus, which most all Christians agree is speaking of the DEATH and resurrection of Jesus that we must BELIEVE in order to be saved.
Now that is NO doubt the Jesus came from God, as in, the ORIGIN or SOURCE of his virgin birth was OF God and NOT of man. Jesus knew the scriptures spoke of him being born of a VIRGIN and it is very possible that he heard Mary and Joseph talking about him. Both Mary and Joseph knew that Joseph was NOT the father of Jesus.
Before we go back to John 1:14 and the CONTEXT of where it is found I want you to read John 5:15-34
“The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.(Jesus just healed a man on the Sabbath day)
16. And therefore (or for this reason) did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him (it was the law of Moses to stone those to death who WORKED on the Sabbath day), because he had done these things on the Sabbath day.
17 But Jesus answered them, My Father WORKS hitherto, and I work. (or I am just obeying what my FATHER is showing me to do and it is Yahweh himself who is actually DOING the WORK of healing on the Sabbath day)
18. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said ALSO that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. (Now Jesus was NOT making himself equal with his God and Father, but rather Jesus was being falsely ACCUSED by the Jews of making himself equal with God simply by saying that God was his FATHER. See how Jesus defends this false accusation made by the Jews.)
19. Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, (or Truly truly) I say unto you, The SON can DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF, but what he sees the Father do: for what things soever he does, these also does the Son likewise. (In other words, what ever Jesus saw his father do in a dream or vision Jesus simply obeyed the leading of the Father and did what he saw his Father do. For example Jesus may have had a dream of himself stooping down and spitting on the ground and then make a ball of mud out of his spit and dirt and then rub this spit ball of mud on a man's eyes. Then the next day Jesus saw this same blind man he saw in his dream and the Holy Spirit go and do what you saw yourself doing in the dream I gave you. So Jesus obeyed, and then the Holy Spirit told Jesus now say to the man go wash in the pool of Siloam and you will come again seeing. So Jesus obeyed again to do what he saw and heard the Father doing. Jesus was not the Father in the dream, but he knew that the dream was FROM the Father if so be that was the way it actually happened. All I know for sure is that Christians today are having dreams of THEM healing people and they obeying what they SAW in their dreams and the people are healed. Jesus said the WORKS he did we shall do ALSO. The main point here is that WE do not actually do the WORKS of healing and neither did Jesus, but rather the Father dwelling IN Jesus did the WORKS of healing just the same as God dwelling IN us does the WORKS of healing.)
20. FOR (or because) the Father loves the SON, and shows him ALL things that HIMSELF DOES: (Now if so be that Jesus was Almighty God himself in the flesh being fully Yahweh and a human being at the same time as the doctrine of the deity of Jesus dogmatically demands, then WHY did Jesus clearly and plainly teach us in SIMPLICITY that HE could do NOTHING OF HIMSELF and that it was the FATHER IN him who did the WORKS?) and he will show him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21. For as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them; even so the Son quickens whom he will. (WHY? Why is the SON OF God able to raise the dead and give them life and will be able to give the righteous dead in Christ eternal life in the world to come? Why is Jesus able to do this?)
22. FOR (or BECAUSE) the Father judges NO MAN, but has COMMITTED ALL JUDGMENT unto the SON:
23. THAT (or so THAT) all men should HONOR the SON, EVEN AS they honor the Father. He that honors NOT the SON honors NOT the Father which has sent him. (or has COMMISSIONED him)
24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that HEARS MY WORD, AND believes on HIM that sent (or COMMISSIONED) me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the SON OF God: and they that hear shall live. (Again WHY is Jesus able to raise the dead?)
26. FOR (or BECAUSE) as the Father HAS life IN himself; so has he GIVEN TO the Son TO HAVE life in himself;
27. AND has GIVEN him authority to execute judgment ALSO, BECAUSE he is the Son of MAN. (NOT because Jesus is Yahweh HIMSELF. And NOT because Jesus is the SON OF Almighty God as his ONLY begotten SON. But rather BECAUSE Jesus was the Son of MAN. God could have just destroyed Satan and all the fallen ANGELS right on the spot when they rebelled to try and take over God's throne, but he did NOT do this, WHY? Why did God make Jesus a little LOWER than the ANGELS? WHY was it necessary for Jesus to be the Son of MAN, who is a little LOWER than the ANGELS? Why will God let Satan loose again after to DECEIVE the nations again he has him bound a 1000 years? Please read the study “UNDERSTANDING WHY?”, which also addresses the question of WHY does God allow suffering in this present world?)
28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30. I can of MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine OWN will, but the will of the Father which has sent (or COMMISSIONED) me. (Now if so be that Jesus was truly fully Yahweh and fully a human being at the same time in the days of his FLESH, then how is it that he has his OWN WILL? If Jesus were truly THE Almighty God, then he would NOT have had his OWN WILL. The word of TRUTH teaches us in simplicity that God is NOT a MAN and neither is God the SON of MAN. And the Bible itself clearly teaches us that Jesus is the Son of MAN, who shall be called the SON OF God. And if you read the study "JESUS THE SON OF MAN!" you will see that Jesus called himself the Son of MAN even when others called him the Son of God. Take Luke 22:70 as just one example: "Then said they all, Are you then the Son of God? And he said unto them, YOU say that I am." Yes Jesus did indeed identify that he was God's Son by calling God his Father, but he ALSO called himself the Son of MAN twice as much as others called him the Son of God. Again read the study called Jesus the Son of MAN.)
31. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32. There is another that bear witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesses of me is true.
33. You sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
34. But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I SAY, that you might be saved.”
If Jesus were truly the fully divine eternal Yahweh and fully human at the same time during the days of his FLESH, then he would NOT have need to be GIVEN the divine nature of immortality, because he would have already been the immortal God.
And to those who know from God's word of truth that Jesus is NOT Yahweh the one true and only Almighty God the Father but still believe that Jesus was BOTH divine and human at the SAME time during the days of his FLESH I ask of you WHERE are the scriptures that clearly teach us that Jesus had TWO NATURES?
Again I am NOT trying the make Jesus to be a mere ORDINARY human being like every other human being. I teach in other studies that Jesus is UNIQUELY begotten of God and that God has chosen him to be his ANOINTED servant to saved the people from their sins. At times I know it may seem to some that I overemphasize the humanity of Jesus, but I do so in order that you will SEE that Jesus was EMPOWERED to do all that he did by the ANOINTING dwelling IN him, which is the SAME anoint who now dwells is US. I have heard so many times where Christians make the EXCUSE that ONLY Jesus can live without sin, while begging God to help them to stop sinning.
I am here to tell you that there is a time for you to stop BEGGING God for you to stop sinning and start BELIEVING that the GREATER ONE is DWELLING IN you to EMPOWER you to stop sinning and also do the SAME works of HEALING and casting out devils, and even raising the dead that men saw Jesus do THROUGH the eternal Spirit who DWELT IN him. Please read the study "HOW YOU CAN LIVE YOUR LIFE FREE FROM SIN!".
Now Jesus said of HIMSELF that he CAME OUT FROM God in John 16:27,28.
“For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me, AND (BECAUSE you) have BELIEVED that I CAME OUT FROM God.
28. I CAME FORTH FROM the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.”
With these words of Jesus coming out from God along with what we have learned about the “LOGOS” being made FLESH as being the SPOKEN word or spoken SAYING of God coming out from the MOUTH of God and the fact that Jesus knew that the WORD of God or the Scriptures the true bread from heaven spoke of him let us read John 1:1 from a LITERAL word for word translation.
“In beginning was the SAYING and the SAYING was TOWARD THE God and God was the SAYING.”
The word “TOWARD” as defined by the American Heritage Dictionary means; 1. in the direction of, 2. in a position facing, 3. somewhat before in time, approaching, 4. with regard to, in relation to, 5. in furtherance of partial fulfillment of. 6. BY WAY OF ACHIEVING; WITH A VIEW TO accomplish something, 7.IN PROGRESS or IMMINENT, TRACTIBLE, coming, favorable, future.
Now some translations read “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was “WITH” THE God, and God was the Word.” The English word translated as “WITH” in the King James Version is the Greek word “PROS”, Strong's #4313, that is translated as “the SAYING was “TOWARD” THE God” in the LITERAL translation.
This Greek word “pros” has many meanings such as to, for, near, with the God, was toward the God, was BECAUSE OF the God, was or is BELONGING TO the God, is PERTAINING TO the God, was or is NIGH UNTO the God like Romans teaches us that the word is NIGH you and even in your MOUTH, and the SAYING was WITHIN THE God.
Now any one of the definitions could be used in this verse but the translators chose WITH God and not with THE God for their own bias reason, which is also why they chose to translate and capitalize the Greek word “logos” as Word rather than the SAYING was WITHIN THE God, which leaves no doubt that “logos” is the SPOKEN word of God that was WITHIN the thoughts and desires of God, as opposed to a separate divine eternal being who was WITH God at his side.
I personally believe that the best definition is “the SAYING was WITHIN THE God, and God was the SAYING.”
To me this AGREES perfectly with the OLD Testament where God says in the King James TRANSLATION in Exodus 3:14,
“I AM THAT I AM”
The LITERAL translation of this verse in Exodus 3:14 is as follows:
“I SHALL BECOME WHAT I AM BECOMING”
In other words, what Yahweh SPEAKS forth out of his MOUTH comes to pass. One could say that Yahweh literally BECOMES whatever he SPEAKS forth OUT FROM WITHIN himself to become or to create or make. But this does NOT mean that what God creates REMAINS the fully divine Almighty God Yahweh.
To say this another way, the SPOKEN word of God BECOMES whatever God is SAYING, but does NOT remain DIVINE at the same time. God first forms an IMAGE WITHIN himself of what he desires to BE. So when God IMAGINED for there to be LIGHT, then God SAID or SPOKE his word SAYING “Let there be light”, then the spoken word is BECOMING light the moment is it first spoken. How LONG it took we are not told.
Let us read the LITERAL word for word translation of Genesis 1:3
“And he is SAYING Elohim he shall become light and he is becoming light.”
The spoken saying of God becomes what God SAYS. The WORD that goes forth out from the MOUTH of God becomes the IMAGE that was WITHIN God.
To me all three of these verses; John 1:1, Exodus 3:14 and Genesis 1:3 all AGREE with the DEFINITION of the Greek word "PROS" being WITHIN, which should have been translated in John 1:1 as follows.
“In beginning was the SAYING and the SAYING was WITHIN THE God and God was the SAYING.”
Our God was the CAUSE of the saying that was WITHIN him. To me this is the best translation that I have found of John 1:1 where we can clearly see in simplicity that the LOGOS is the SPOKEN word that was WITHIN the one true and only Almighty God as the IMAGE of what he desired to BE brought forth into existence, which AGREES with the WHOLE word of God SPEAKING his WORD forth out from his mouth to become what he desires to be. Out of the abundance of the HEART the MOUTH speaks Jesus said. It was WITHIN or IN God's HEART to have a SON and he SPOKE his Son into existence.
So again WHAT became or was made to become FLESH in John 1:14?
The man-made doctrines of the trinity and the deity of Jesus both dogmatically demand that JESUS became flesh and REMAINED fully God at the same time having two natures, when the word of TRUTH itself simply states in simplicity the the WORD was made FLESH.
So now the question becomes WHAT did the word or SAYING of God BECOME?
Was the word made to become a human being, who was fully divine and fully human at the same time? If so WHERE are the scriptures that prove this man-made THEORY to explain HOW a divine eternal God could DIE on the cross and HOW the divine God could be TEMPTED and HOW Jesus could heal people and so forth and so on.
So then, are these man-made doctrines SOUND Biblical teachings? Was Jesus a fully IMMORTAL DIVINE ALMIGHTY God and fully a mortal human being at the same time during the days of his FLESH as the doctrine of the deity of Jesus dogmatically demands claiming that you are dead in your sins if you do NOT believe these man-made teachings?
Or was Jesus exactly what the clear, plain, simple word of God states in simplicity as being the Son of MAN, who was ANOINTED BY God? Now ALL of the Old Testament prophecies prophesied that God would raise up a savior from among the PEOPLE speaking of God's chosen people. And that he would be a PROPHET like Moses. He would be born of a woman and not just any woman but a woman who was a VIRGIN.
So then, none of these prophecies even hint that an already preexisting SON OF God would come down out of heaven called God the Son, the second person of the trinity, who would then become a human being, but yet remain fully the divine God the Son at the same time having two natures where his divine nature would be equal to God the Father in every way where neither is great than nor less than the other an only his human nature would have a will of his own.
The truth of the matter is that what came down out of heaven was God's SPOKEN logos, the Yahweh's spoken SAYING, his word, his TEACHING written down by men of Old inspired by the Eternal divine Spirit, the ONE true and INVISIBLE God, the source and Father of ALL.
Please read Matthew 16:5-12, where the disciples finally understand that the “BREAD” from heaven is the TEACHING of God which Jesus received by revelation of God's word to SHOW us the FATHER as the ONE TRUE God so that we would know him AND that we would know his SON Jesus who the Father commissioned.
“And when his disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
6. Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven (or BREAD) of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
7. And they reasoned among themselves (or they wondered among themselves as to what Jesus meant) saying, It is because we have taken no BREAD.
8. Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O you of little faith, why reason you among yourselves, because you have brought no BREAD?
9. Do you not YET UNDERSTAND, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets you took up?
10. Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets you took up?
11. How is it that you do NOT UNDERSTAND that I spoke it (referring to what Jesus TAUGHT concerning HI being the TRUE BREAD which came down from heaven) NOT to you concerning BREAD, that you should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12. Then UNDERSTOOD they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the DOCTRINE (or the TEACHING) of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.”
The word “doctrine” means teaching. The doctrines of the church are the TEACHINGS of the church. Plain and simple what came down from heaven was the LOGOS, the SPOKEN word of God, the TEACHING of God manifested or made CLEARLY known to us by Jesus the LOGOS OF God spoken out from the mouth of God to be MADE FLESH. The word manifested means to MAKE KNOW. Jesus was commissioned by God to make known to us the ONE TRUE God AND to also make know to us the HE was the CHRIST the one prophesied to come.
Please see the study “WHAT DOES GOD INCARNATE MEAN?”, which gives you all the verses to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that Yahweh HIMSELF, the FATHER of all became flesh and NOT Jesus became flesh.
So then, once you clearly see that it was Yahweh HIMSELF, who became flesh and that it was NOT the SON, who became flesh as some dogmatically demand, then it will be easier to see that Jesus was NOT begotten in eternity past as some claim and TRY to prove by taking verse OUT of their CONTEXT. For a deeper understanding of WHEN Jesus was begotten of the Father please read the study "WHEN DID JESUS BECOME GOD"S ETERNAL SON?"
Thanks for reading and may God bless you richly as you continue to grow in the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God to become more and more conformed into the IMAGE of God's dead Son Jesus to DO the SAME work that Jesus did THROUGH the power of the ANOINTING the dwelt IN him, which is NOW dwelling IN YOU dear child of God to EMPOWER you to live without sin, heal the sick, cast out demons and even raise the dead if led to do so by the Holy Spirit dwelling in you.
Below is a list of the studies I mentioned within this study along with all the other studies that I have related to this subject of HOW did Jesus PREEXIST. We all agree that Jesus preexisted is some form so the question is not IF Jesus preexisted, but rather in what form as to HOW Jesus preexisted in eternity past.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
VERSES USED TO TEACH THAT JESUS PREEXISTED!
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”
“And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.”
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
“He that comes from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaks of the earth: he that comes from heaven is above all.”
“Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven”
“ For the bread of God is he which comes down from heaven, and gives life unto the world.”
“For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
“And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?”
“ This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.”
“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
“This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live for ever.”
“What and if you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?”
“Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but you cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.”
“And he said unto them, You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world.”
“I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins.”
“Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”
“I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.”
“And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.”
“For I have given unto them the words which you gave me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from you, and they have believed that you did send me.”
JOHN 17:24 (scroll down to the second verse in question in this study)
“Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have given me: for you loved me before the foundation of the world.”
ROMANS 8:3 (scroll down to the eleventh verse in question in this study)
“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:”
1 CORINTHIANS 10:4 (scroll down to the first verse in question in this study)
“And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.”
1 CORINTHIANS 15:47 (scroll down to VERSE #6.)
“The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.”
2 CORINTHIANS 8:9 (scroll down to VERSE #2.)
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, that you through his poverty might be rich.”
“But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,”
“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:”
EPHESIANS 4:8-10 (scroll down to the fifth verse in question in this study)
“Wherefore he said, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)”
COLOSSIANS 1:15-17 (scroll down to the third verse in question in this study)
“Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”
“Has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;”
“For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.”
“Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;”
HEBREWS 10:5 (scroll down to VERSE #1.)
“Wherefore when he comes into the world, he says, Sacrifice and offering you would not, but a body have you prepared me:”
“Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”
1 John 1:1,2
“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)”
“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;”
“But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”
“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.”
PROVERBS 8:22 (scroll down to the second verse in question in this study)
“The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.”
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue seeking the truth of the whole word of God. Also please read the studies listed below related to Jesus being God, the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
Verses used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity, and that Jesus is Yahweh himself, as in one and the self same being.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE