THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON!
The purpose of this study is to show you, the reader and seeker of the TRUTH, all the evidence from the word of Almighty God that CLEARLY and PLAINLY shows that the Holy Spirit IS a PERSON and NOT just a mere IMPERSONAL “FORCE” or “POWER” that is simply used by Almighty God the Father as some falsely teach.
Let us being this study in God's word by reading two verses compared side by side that are written by the SAME author written to the same church at Corinth.
First we will read 1 Corinthians 6:19, which clearly teaches us that that we as believers are the TEMPLE of the HOLY SPIRIT who dwells IN us.
1 Corinthians 6:19.
“What? Know you not that your body is the TEMPLE of the Holy SPIRIT, which is IN you, which you have of God, and you are not your own?”
Now let us compare this verse with 2 Corinthians 6:16 written by the SAME writer to the SAME body of believers. But this time the SAME writer, who is saying the SAME thing says it in a different way. Please notice that the SAME writer to the SAME church at Corinth says that we are the TEMPLE of the LIVING GOD who is IN us rather than we are the TEMPLE of the HOLY SPIRIT as he told this church is his first letter to them.
2 Corinthians 6:16.
“And what agreement has the TEMPLE OF GOD with idols? For YOU are the TEMPLE of the LIVING GOD; as God has said, I will DWELL IN them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”
These two verses alone should be enough to clearly teach you that Almighty God the Father the LIVING God who dwells IN you is ONE and the SELF SAME DIVINE ETERNAL HOLY SPIRIT who is DWELLING IN you.
Plain and simple WORDS that are easy to understand with no interpretation needed. Know you not that you are the temple of the HOLY SPIRIT? So then what agree have YOU with evil seeing that you the temple of the LIVING GOD who prophesied in the Old testament,
“I will DWELL IN them and I will be their GOD”
Plain and simple WORDS that are easy to understand with no interpretation needed. Almighty God the Father IS SPIRIT! Please read John 4:24,25, which clearly and plainly teaches us that Almighty God the Father is SPIRIT.
“But the hour comes, and now is, when the TRUE worshipers shall worship the FATHER in spirit and in truth: for the FATHER seeks such to worship HIM.
25. GOD IS a SPIRIT: and they that worship him MUST worship him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.”
So then it is the TRUTH to dogmatically demand that the ETERNAL SPIRIT is nothing more than an IMPERSONAL “FORCE, or “POWER”? Can you say that you are a TRUE worshiper of the TRUE God when you know not what you worship?
Know you NOT that the LIVING GOD Almighty God the father HIMSELF is DWELLING IN you? Then how can you say the the Holy Spirit dwelling IN you is nothing more than a mere IMPERSONAL “FORCE” or “POWER” that God used like we use some IMPERSONAL power like electricity?
Dear child of God I implore you to take a CLOSER look at the WHOLE word of Almighty God lest you BLASPHEME the eternal Holy Spirit. Please read Matthew 12:
“Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he (Jesus through or by the LIVING God dwelling IN Jesus) healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spoke and saw.
23. And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24. But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow does not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. (Here in this verse Jesus is being FALSELY accused by the Jews that he is casting out devils by the PERSON of the prince of devils himself. I want you to notice the parallel comparison between the PERSON of Beelzebub the prince of devils and the PERSON of the LIVING GOD who IS SPIRIT by which Jesus cast out devils and healed the sick. In other words, BOTH are PERSONS or beings and NOT some IMPERSONAL “FORCE” or “POWER” as some FALSELY ACCUSE the Holy Spirit of being.)
25. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26. And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
28. But if I cast out devils by the SPIRIT of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29. Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30. He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathers not with me scatters abroad.
31. WHEREFORE (or for this very REASON) I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the BLASPHEMY against the Holy SPIRIT shall not be forgiven unto men.
32. And whosoever speaks a word against the Son of MAN, it shall be forgiven him: BUT whosoever speaks AGAINST the Holy SPIRIT, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
33. EITHER make the tree GOOD, and his fruit GOOD; or ELSE make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.”
I want you to notice and pay verse close attention that ONLY TWO PERSONS are being spoken of here. And these TWO PERSONS are Jesus the Son of MAN, and the ETERNAL Holy SPIRIT who is DWELLING IN Jesus.
So where is Almighty God the FATHER? Does this mean that we can blaspheme Almighty God the Father? Does not Jesus care if Almighty God the FATHER is spoken against? NO! A thousand times NO my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, Almighty God the Father is not named of mention specifically by name because Jesus knew and taught that the PERSON DWELLING IN him IS ALMIGHTY God the FATHER.
Almighty God, the LIVING God who IS SPIRIT, is the ONE DIVINE eternal Holy Spirit that dwelt IN Jesus the SON OF the one true and only Almighty God the FATHER.
Please read John 14:6-17.
“Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the FATHER, but by ME. (please notice that there are TWO and NOT ONE PERSON. Jesus did not say no man can come unto ME by ME, but rather said no man can come unto his God and FATHER except the come by the SON. Jesus is NOT the FATHER)
7. If you had known ME, you should have known MY Father ALSO: and from henceforth you know him, and have seen him. (Jesus is NOT saying that he HIMSELF is Almighty God the FATHER, but rather Jesus is saying you have seen the LOVE and true character of my God and father by the WORKS that HE does in his SON)
8. Philip said unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us.
9. Jesus said unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known ME, Philip? He that has seen ME has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father? (Again Jesus is NOT saying that he HIMSELF IS the FATHER, but goes on the EXPLAIN what he is actually saying in the following verses. This is why we must KEEP verses IN their CONTEXT to understand their TRUE meaning. And then COMPARE what we conclude that verse to mean in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God to see if what we INTERPRET a verse to mean AGREES with the REST of God's word)
10. Believe you NOT that I am IN the Father, and the FATHER IN ME? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the FATHER that DWELLS IN ME me, HE DOES the WORKS.
11. BELIEVE me that I am IN the Father, and the Father IN me: or ELSE believe me FOR the VERY WORKS' SAKE.
12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on me, the WORKS that I do shall he do ALSO; and greater works than these shall he do; BECAUSE I go unto my Father. (Jesus went to the cross to prepare a PLACE for us. The word in the literal means an ABIDING place speaking of a CLEAN vessel for the LIVING God to come and DWELL IN us. Keep reading and also read the study “THE POWER AND THE AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER!” to understand the TRUE meaning of our “MANSION”)
13. And whatsoever you shall ask (the LITERAL meaning is whosoever shall DEMAND of COMMAND) in my NAME (NOT that we are demanding or command Almighty God, but rather we are COMMANDING the ENEMY to release his captives so they cane be healed in the might NAME of Jesus), that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If you shall ask (or COMMAND) any thing in my name, I will do it.
15. If you love me, keep my commandments.
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17. Even the Spirit of TRUTH (Remember we must worship God, who IS SPIRIT, in Spirit and TRUTH); whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells WITH you, and SHALL be IN you.”
Jesus was the first person that the Holy Spirit DWELT IN and his suffering and dying on the cross made the way for OUR vessel to be CLEANSE and made new so that the LIVING God who IS SPIRIT could come and DWELL IN US. Know you not that you are the TEMPLE of the LIVING GOD?
The apostles and the disciples of Jesus certainly knew and understood that the Holy Spirit was ONE and the SELF SAME ETERNAL DIVINE being as the Almighty God the FATHER.
Please read where the writers of the New Testament interchange back and forth the words “the Holy Spirit” with “God”, because they UNDERSTOOD that God IS SPIRIT and that the Holy SPIRIT IS Almighty God the FATHER.
Please read Acts 5:1-5 where we see Peter using the words “Holy Spirit” and “God” as being ONE and the SELF SAME divine eternal Almighty God the Father.
“But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2. And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to LIE to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4. While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own power? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? you have not LIED unto MEN, but unto God.
5. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.”
The Holy Spirit IS a PERSON, because Almighty God the Father, who IS SPIRIT, IS a PERSON. Please read Acts 13:2 where the Holy Spirit is speaking in the FIRST person clearly showing the HE IS indeed a PERSON.
“As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost SAID (or the Holy Spirit SPOKE saying), Separate ME (or TO ME) Barnabas and Saul for the work where unto I have called them.”
The LITERAL translation reads “...Separate by all means TO ME both Barnabas and Saul for a work where I have called them.”
The Holy Spirit IS Almighty God the FATHER! And therefore the Holy Spirit IS a PERSON or DIVINE ETERNAL being. Please understand and KNOW that the Bible itself clearly and plainly teaches us that there is ONLY ONE who has always had IMMORTALITY or who has always been the ETERNAL and INVISIBLE SPIRIT. Please read 1 Timothy 6:13-16 where we are clearly and plainly taught that Almighty God the Father ONLY has IMMORTALITY.
“I give you charge in the sight of God (speaking of Almighty God the Father), who quickens all things (or who makes alive all things or who gives life to all things), AND before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; (again we see ONLY TWO who are Almighty God the Father AND his SON CHRIST Jesus or the ANOINTED ONE Jesus. In other words, the vast majority of the New Testament ONLY speaks of TWO, the Father AND his SON Jesus whom we must believe in BOTH. For if we do NOT have the SON then we do NOT have the FATHER.)
14. That you keep this commandment (the word translated as commandment here in this verse means principle or TEACHING. So then, we are to keep this TEACHING)without spot,UNREBUKEABLE, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: (WHAT teaching without spot? The teaching in these next few verses about Almighty God the FATHER being the ONLY ONE who has always had IMMORTALITY and who ONLY is THE ALMIGHTY who Jesus came to SHOW and teach us about.)
15. Which in his times he (speaking of the first and second comings of Jesus that Jesus the SON OF Almighty God the Father) shall SHOW (remember that Jesus came to SHOW us the FATHER), WHO is the blessed and ONLY Potentate, (in other words, Jesus the SON OF Almighty God the Father came to SHOW us the FATHER, who is the ONLY SOVEREIGN Almighty God, who reigns over ALL including reigning over his SON Jesus. To say this another way Jesus came so that we might KNOW the FATHER as the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God who is)the King of kings, and Lord of lords; (Now I know many of us have been taught the JESUS is the King of kings and the Lord of lords and this is true, but it is NOT the WHOLE TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. The TRUTH of the matter is that Almighty God the FATHER is THE KING who is King of ALL kings including being King, Lord, and God OVER his SON Jesus who the Father has made his SON to become a King of kings and a Lord of Lords. Please read the study “Revelation 17:14 WHO IS THE KING OF KINGS?”for all the scriptures that teach what I just said, but for now just know that the WHO that Jesus came to SHOW us is the FATHER.)
16. WHO ONLY has IMMORTALITY, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto;WHOM no man has SEEN, NOR CAN SEE:(here we are CLEARLY and PLAINLY taught that the WHO that Jesus came to SHOW is the INVISIBLE ETERNAL SPIRIT whom Jesus calls the FATHER and it is the FATHER the ONLY SOVEREIGN ALMIGHTY God who ALONE has IMMORTALITY) to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen.”
So then, since ONLY the INVISIBLE God whom NO man has ever seen, nor can see is the ONLY ONE who is ETERNAL or IMMORTAL and that this INVISIBLE God is ALSO the ONLY one who is SOVEREIGN, which means that he is OVER ALL or that he is ALMIGHTY and the MOST HIGH or HIGHEST God, then this means that the FATHER is tho one who is being spoken of in this passage of scripture.
Now since there is ONLY ONE who is IMMORTAL or ETERNAL who is an INVISIBLE SPIRIT seeing that God is SPIRIT, then we must conclude that Almighty God the FATHER IS the ETERNAL SPIRIT who DWELT IN His SON Jesus.
So then, ACCORDING to the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, we have ONLY TWO separate persons or being and NOT THREE as those who teach the false doctrine of the “TRINITY” dogmatically demand that there are THREE persons of the Godhead.
But yet the word of TRUTH clearly and plainly teaches us that Jesus the SON OF Almighty God the Father did NOT possess ETERNAL LIFE or IMMORTALITY UNTIL his God and Father GAVE his SON Jesus the same eternal or immortal LIFE that the Father HIMSELF has always possessed from all eternity.
Please read John 5:15-32, which clearly teaches us that Jesus did NOT possess eternal life UNTIL his God and Father GAVE TO his Son Jesus the same eternal life that the Father himself possessed within himself.
“The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.
16. And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to SLAY him,because he had done these things ON the Sabbath day. (Here again we see the Jews wanted to KILL Jesus, but this time it was because to them Jesus SUPPOSEDLY broke the Sabbath day, at least in the eyes of the Pharisees, when Jesus healed a man BY the Holy Spirit of Almighty God the Father ON the Sabbath day.)
17. BUT Jesus answered them, My Father WORKS hitherto, and I work. (In other words, Jesus is saying BUT I am ONLY OBEYING what my Father is SHOWING me to DO. Further down in this study you will understand that this means that the Father through his Holy Spirit was showing Jesus what to do and when to do it and Jesus simply OBEYED the leading of the Holy Spirit. In simple words, Jesus was saying I am only doing what Almighty God my Father told me to do.)
18. Therefore (or for this REASON) the JEWS sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said ALSO that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. (In other words, the JEWS incorrectly interpreted the words of Jesus and FALSELY ACCUSED Jesus of making himself EQUAL to Almighty God. But as you will plainly see as you continue to read the CONTEXT that Jesus ANSWERED in his DEFENSE the FOLLOWING)
19. Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do NOTHING OF HIMSELF, but what he sees the Father do: for what things soever he does, these also does the Son likewise. (In other words, Jesus is saying, I am NOT making myself EQUAL with my God and Father as you are FALSELY accusing me of doing, because the SON can do NOTHING OF HIMSELF. But I must OBEY my God and Father to DO what ever my Father is DOING. That is to say, what ever Jesus the Son of MAN saw in a dream or in a vision or in the written word of God and whatever Jesus heard the Father say to do by the inward voice of the Holy Spirit, then Jesus simply OBEYED what he knew that the Father was telling him to do. This is what Jesus meant when he said his Father was WORKING on the Sabbath day, and so I also must work the same works that I see my father doing. Now to ME, this DEFENSE that Jesus makes right after the Jews FALSELY ACCUSE him of making himself EQUAL with God clearly teaches us that Jesus was in NO WAY claiming to be the great I AM nor was Jesus making himself to be EQUAL with Almighty God the Father, because Jesus HIMSELF clearly and plain said that the SON can do NOTHING OF HIMSELF. Further on you will learn that it was the Father DWELLING IN Jesus the SON who actually did the WORKS that the SON could NOT do OF HIMSELF.)
20. For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all things that HIMSELF does: and he will show him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
21. For as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them; even so the Son quickens whom he will.
22. For the Father judges no man, but has COMMITTED all judgment unto the Son:
23. That (or so that) all men should HONOR the Son, EVEN AS they HONOR the Father. He that honors NOT the Son honors NOT the Father which has SENT him. (In other words, the Bible teaches us that we must believe and have BOTH the Father AND the SON in order to have ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come. But yet the doctrine of the trinity dogmatically demands us to believe that Jesus IS the I AM, as in, Jesus is ONE and the self SAME BEING as the GREAT I AM that I AM YEHWEH himself. Yes there is absolutely no doubt that Jesus came OUT FROM the one true and only ALMIGHTY God. But this by no means that Jesus IS the one true and ONLY ALMIGHTY God.
You see, THE ALMIGHTY God has NO beginning and has NOT been BEGOTTEN, but Jesus the SON OF Almighty God was BEGOTTEN or brought into existence. Yes, there is no doubt that Jesus came OUT FROM Almighty God by or through the spoken WORD of Almighty God, but again this does NOT mean that Jesus is Almighty God YEHWEH himself. You see God said, “I AM THAT I AM”, which LITERALLY means that Almighty God said “I SHALL BECOME who I am BECOMING”, which could very well be interpreted that Almighty God HIMSELF literally BECAME a HUMAN BEING. But in the light of the WHOLE word of God we understand the God created all things by his very own spoken WORD in the SAME way. And we know that a tree is NOT Almighty God and a tree at the same time having two natures, one divine and one natural. So AGAIN please read “A TRINITARIAN DILEMMA-PHILIPPIANS 2:6” where the Word laid aside all the divine advantages that he had when the Word BECAME FLESH a HUMAN BEING and dwelt among us.)
24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears my word, and believes on him that SENT me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(All through the New Testament we see TWO in whom that we taught to believe in, Almighty God the Father AND the SON Jesus. Please read the study “DOES HEBREWS 1:10 PROVE THAT JESUS IS YEHWEH?” for a deeper understanding that the ETERNAL SPIRIT IS Almighty God the Father HIMSELF who is a SPIRIT and that Jesus is the SON OF Almighty God the Father, the eternal Holy Spirit.)
25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. (Jesus has the POWER to raise the dead, because the God OF Jesus GAVE his Son this authority, which you will clearly see in the context of this verse that follows.)
26. For (or BECAUSE) AS the Father HAS life IN himself; SO has he (Almighty God the Father the eternal SPIRIT) GIVEN to the Son to have life IN himself; (in other words, Jesus the SON did NOT always eternally exist with or by the side of his God and Father from all eternity past except in the mind and plan of Almighty God. Every thing that Jesus is of has was GIVEN TO him BY his God and Father the one true and only ALMIGHTY God. In other words, John 1:1 says that the WORD, the LOGOS or the SAYING was with God in a beginning and NOT the Jesus or the Son was with the God in a beginning. Please read the study "JOHN 1:1 THE WORD WAS GOD!")
27. And has GIVEN him authority to execute judgment ALSO,BECAUSE he is the Son of MAN. (In other words, all that Jesus is or has was GIVEN TO him BY his God and Father was NOT because Jesus IS THE Almighty God, NOR was it because Jesus was the SON OF GOD, but rather the REASON that Jesus was HIGHLY EXALTED and GIVEN NAME above all name is BECAUSE Jesus is the Son of MAN who OVER CAME the enemy of God to fulfill God's plan of redemption for mankind.)
28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, (Again, all that Jesus is and all that Jesus has INCLUDING IMMORTAL LIFE and the AUTHORITY to raise the dead and give to whom so ever Jesus wills eternal life was GIVEN TO him BY HIS God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God. Remember that Almighty God said I AM THAT I AM, or I will BE what I will BE, or I shall BECOME what or who I am BECOMING. The WORD BECAME a HUMAN BEING so that Almighty God HIMSELF could DWELL IN this body of FLESH that he created for himself to dwell in, which was the SON OF Almighty God the Father. Jesus was GIVEN all POWER to raise the dead and JUDGMENT to give ETERNAL LIFE to whom so ever he wills, BECAUSE Jesus was the Son of MAN and NOT because Jesus was FULLY God, nor because Jesus was the SON of God, but rather BECAUSE that Jesus was the Son of MAN a HUMAN BEING that OVERCAME the enemy BY the Holy Spirit of Almighty God the DWELT IN Jesus. This is what the WHOLE word of God clearly teaches us.)
29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30. I can OF MY OWN SELF DO NOTHING:(Simply ask yourself the question HOW can the TRUE God do NOTHING in and of HIMSELF? I mean THINK this through for yourself. If so be that Jesus was truly fully Almighty God HIMSELF in the flesh, then HOW is it that THE Almighty God himself in the flesh can do NOTHING in and of himself? The TRUTH of the matter is that Jesus is NOT the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God, who is the FATHER ALONE, who DWELT IN HIS SON Jesus as the TRUE God who actually did the WORKS through the human hands of his SON Jesus.) as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek NOT mine OWN will, BUT the will of the Father which has SENT me. (Now in all honesty does this sound like Jesus is saying that he himself is the great I AM or that Jesus is saying that he is EQUAL to Almighty God the Father? Absolutely NOT! Jesus himself clearly and plainly said with absolutely NO interpretation needed that he could do NOTHING in and of himself. Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters, in our Lord Jesus Christ, that IF Jesus were TRULY the Almighty God himself or even EQUAL with Almighty God, then Jesus would have never said that he could do NOTHING of HIMSELF.)
31. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32. There is another that bears witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesses of me is true.”
The truth of the matter is that every thing that Jesus is or has was GIVEN TO him BY his God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the INVISIBLE ETERNAL SPIRIT who ONLY has IMMORTALITY until the day the he gave his SON Jesus to HAVE LIFE in himself EVEN AS the Father has LIFE in himself. Now only these TWO have IMMORTALITY in themselves UNTIL that great and notable day to the coming of Jesus and his Father with him, when Jesus will give eternal life to those faithful believers who have endured until the end.
Now please read Hebrews 9:14.
“How much more shall the blood of Christ (Speaking of HUMAN Jesus the SON OF Almighty God the Father whom Almighty God ANOINTED or EMPOWER by DWELLING IN his SON Jesus), WHO (Speaking of Jesus the Son of MAN in whom DWELT his God and Father the ETERNAL SPIRIT. That is to say JESUS) THROUGH the eternal Spirit (speaking of the eternal Holy Spirit, Almighty God the FATHER himself, who is SPIRIT and who ALONE is IMMORTAL and who DWELT IN Jesus) offered himself without spot TO God, (in other words, Jesus the Son of MAN, the HUMAN Jesus lived his life WITHOUT sin THROUGH the power and strength that he received by his God and Father who DWELT IN him to live his life without sin and die of the cross for our sin and not only for our sins but also for the sins of the whole world so that WHOSOEVER believe might be saved. And NOW this SAME Holy eternal SPIRIT that DWELLS IN YOU as a believer shall) purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”
Here in this passage of scripture we learn that the Holy Spirit of Almighty God the Father is an ETERNAL SPIRIT. And we have just learned from 1 Timothy 6:13-16 where we are clearly and plainly taught that Almighty God the Father ONLY has IMMORTALITY. And we know that Almighty God IS SPIRIT who ONLY has IMMORTALITY or has always been an ETERNAL SPIRIT. Therefore the whole word of God clearly and plainly teaches us that the ETERNAL Holy SPIRIT IS Almighty God the FATHER HIMSELF.
And clearly seeing that Almighty God the Father IS a PERSON that make the eternal SPIRIT who dwell is us to be a PERSON and NOT just a mere IMPERSONAL “FORCE” or “POWER” that us used by Almighty God.
The Holy Spirit dwelling IN us TEACHES us, which again shows us that the Holy Spirit IS a PERSON.
Please read 1 John 2:27.
“But the ANOINTING which you have received of him (Almighty God the Father) ABIDES (or DWELLS) in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the SAME ANOINTING TEACHES you of all things, and is TRUTH, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him.”
The Bible teaches us that we are to LOVE the Holy Spirit, which again proves that the Holy Spirit is NOT an IMPERSONAL “FORCE” or “POWER” that is simply used by Almighty God.
Please read Romans 15:30
“Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the LOVE of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;”
God IS SPIRIT and if we love God we have the LOVE of the SPIRIT and God DWELLS in us. Please read 1 John 4:8-16, which clearly teaches that the PERSON of Almighty God the FATHER DWELLS IN us as believers. Know you not that you are the TEMPLE of the HOLY SPIRIT?
“He that loves not knows not God; for God is LOVE.
9. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12. No man has seen God at any time. If we LOVE one another, God DWELLS IN us, and his love is perfected in us.
13. Hereby KNOW we that WE DWELL IN HIM, and HE IN us, BECAUSE he has given us of his SPIRIT. (It does not get any plainer of clearer than this dear child of God. We KNOW that Almighty God the FATHER who is SPIRIT and who IS a PERSON or divine eternal being, DWELLS IN us WHY? Or HOW do we KNOW this TRUTH? It is BECAUSE Almighty God has given us his very own self same HOLY SPIRIT to DWELL IN us, which once and for all time proves beyond any shadow of a doubt the the Holy Spirit is a PERSON and NOT some IMPERSONAL so called “FORCE” or “POWER” that is used by God like we use a tool or electricity)
14. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.
15. Whosoever shall CONFESS that Jesus is the SON OF God, God DWELLS IN him, and he IN God.
16. And we have known and believed the love that God has to us. God is LOVE; and he that DWELLS (or abide or walks) in love DWELLS IN God, and God IN him.”
Please read Romans 8:9 where we are IN the SPIRIT if so be that the Holy Spirit DWELL IN us.
“So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9. But you are not in the flesh, but IN the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God DWELL IN you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (this is NOT saying the Jesus IS the eternal Holy Spirit, but rather the SAME Almighty God the Father who DWELT in his SON Jesus has now come to DWELL IN us as BELIEVERS in the SON OF Almighty God. The word CHRIST means ANOINTING.)
10. And if Christ (or the ANOINTING of the Holy Spirit) be in you, the body is dead because of sin (meaning that your PHYSICAL BODY is still going to die); but the Spirit is life BECAUSE of RIGHTEOUSNESS.
11. But if the Spirit of him (speaking of the Spirit of Almighty God the Father) that RAISED up Jesus from the dead DWELL IN you, HE that raised up Christ (the ANOINTED ONE speaking of Jesus the SON OF Almighty God) from the dead (HE) shall ALSO QUICKEN your mortal bodies BY his Spirit that DWELLS IN you.
12. THEREFORE (or for this very reason), brethren, we are DEBTORS, NOT to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13. For (or BECAUSE) if you live after the flesh, you shall DIE: but if you THROUGH the SPIRIT do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall LIVE.(Just like Jesus over came sin THROUGH the ETERNAL SPIRIT and Almighty God his God and father rewarded his SON Jesus with ETERNAL LIFE so shall we who OVERCOME sin like Jesus also be rewarded with ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come.)
14. For (or BECAUSE) as many as are LED by the Spirit of God, THEY are the sons of God.”
But those who are LED by the spirit of deception who do NOT overcome are the SERVANT of whom they serve. Plain and simple serve RIGHTEOUSNESS and you will LIVE. Serve SIN and you will DIE. Romans 8:16 teaches us that we can KNOW if we are saved and in the WAY of RIGHTEOUSNESS to receive eternal life.
“The Spirit itself BEARS WITNESS with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”
The word translated as “itself” is translated as the SAME in the LITERAL. In other words the Spirit in us whereby we cry Abba Father the SAME Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God.
The Holy Spirit has a WILL and GIVES us gifts of the Spirit to every man as HE WILLS. Please read 1 Corinthians 12:1-14 where we again see the writer INTERCHANGING back and forth the words “SPIRIT” and “GOD”, because the apostles and disciples of Jesus UNDERSTOOD that the Holy SPIRIT is ONE and the SELF SAME divine eternal being or PERSON of Almighty God the Father.
“Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2. You know that you were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as you were led.
3. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.
4. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the SAME Spirit.
5. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the SAME God which works all in all.
7. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the SAME Spirit;
9. To another faith by the SAME Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the SAME Spirit;
10. To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11. But all these WORKS that ONE and the SELFSAME Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE WILL. (Now when we compare this verse with verse 6 where the SAME God which WORKS ALL in all, then we can see that the SAME God and the SAME Spirit are ONE and the SELFSAME BEING who IS the FATHER. So the WILL of the Spirit is ONE and the SAME WILL of Almighty God the Father and NOT TWO different wills like between the Father and his SON Jesus who had to SUBMIT his will to his God and Father's will.)
12. For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.(speaking of the ANOINTING or the INDWELLING of Almighty God the Father IN his SON Jesus who is called the CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE and NOT speaking of Jesus the SON OF God himself actually being that one and selfsame eternal SPIRIT himself.)
13. For by ONE Spirit are we all baptized into one body (teaching us that we are baptized or submersed into ONE and the SELFSAME ANOINTING as our Lord Jesus THE CHRIST of the ANOINTED ONE, so then), whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into ONE Spirit. (and that ONE SPIRIT is Almighty God the FATHER himself who is the Father of ALL)
14. For the body is not one member, but many (meaning that we all have different JOBS or works that the ONE SPIRIT leads and guides us to do).”
Here in this passage of scripture the writer of 1 Corinthians INTERCHANGES the words and phrases:
Spirit OF God in verse 3
SAME Spirit in verse 4
SAME God in verse 6
BY the Spirit in verse 8
SAME Spirit in verse 8,9
ONE and the SELFSAME Spirit in verse 11
ONE Spirit in verse 13
Where all these phrases are speaking of the ONE and SELFSAME Almighty God the FATHER of ALL who is SPIRIT.
We also learn from this passage of scripture that there is just ONE Spirit who is the ONE God, as in, the one ALMIGHTY God who ALONE is the FATHER.
So all I am saying is to STOP GRIEVING the Holy Spirit by calling Almighty God HIMSELF an IMPERSONAL so called “FORCE”. Almighty God who IS SPIRIT si NOT just some kind of so called “FORCE”. We are WARNED NOT the GRIEVE the Holy Spirit of the Almighty God.
Please read Ephesians 29,30, which teaches us to NOT let CORRUPT communication come out of our mouths.
“Let NO CORRUPT communication proceed out of your mouth, but (or but rather speak only) that which is GOOD to the USE of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30. And GRIEVE NOT the Holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed unto the day of redemption.”
Because when you GRIEVE the Holy Spirit you GRIEVE Almighty God the Father. Know you not that you are the TEMPLE of he LIVING GOD. It is Almighty God HIMSELF who DWELLS IN us as believers. You cannot GRIEVE an IMPERSONAL so called “FORCE”. But you can and are GRIEVING the Father IN you by calling HIM and IMPERSONAL FORCE. So repent and REJECT that FALSE teaching that the Holy Spirit is just an IMPERSONAL “FORCE” or POWER” that Almighty God uses like some king of tool or electricity. REPENT and come out of those false teachings.
Take heed now that you have heard the TRUTH lest you BLASPHEME the Holy Spirit by CONTINUING to FALSELY call HIM an IMPERSONAL “FORCE” or “POWER”.
There is much more that could be said on this subject some of which I cover in the studies “THE HOLY SPIRIT IN NOT THE THIRD PERSON OF THE TRINITY!”. “THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE FATHER!” and “WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?”
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the truth of the whole word of Almighty God.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE