TO DOWNLOAD THIS BIBLE STUDY CLICK LINK HERE :
WHEN WAS THE BOOK OF REVELATION WRITTEN?
When was the Book of Revelation written? WHY does it matter? To a FUTURIST it does not matter if the Book of Revelation was written BEFORE 70 AD or AFTER 70 AD.
But to a FULL “PRETERIST” it is necessary for the Book of Revelation to have been written BEFORE 70 AD, because many preterist teach that most all of the Book of Revelation was FULFILLED in 70 AD, when the Roman army destroyed the TEMPLE in Jerusalem just as Jesus foretold in Matthew 24:1-34.
Now for some of my readers to understand this study you must REALIZE that there and many DIFFERENT degrees of "PRETERISM". The word preterism come from a Latin word that simple means "PAST" so preterism means that some, much or even all Bible prophecy has ALREADY been fulfilled in the PAST recorder or not recorded in history and 70 AD seems to be the FOCAL point of most all preterists. The different degrees of preterism range from FULL preterism sometimes called EXTREME preterism or even HYPER preterism by some believes that the second coming of Jesus and basically ALL of Revelation has already been fulfilled in 70 AD. The next degree is called PARTIAL preterism and even in this group there are various degrees of what has been fulfilled and what has not been fulfilled anywhere from an INVISIBLE unseen second coming in 70 AD to no second coming of Jesus of any kind in 70 AD.
As always I write what I write to HELP those who are STRUGGLE with their faith being CONFUSED as what they should believe or not believe. When I myself first started researching this subject on preterism I did not know why preterist believe that many prophecies were fulfilled in 70 AD. But after asking a lot of questions I have a pretty good understanding one WHY preterist teach that the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD was the fulfillment of what Jesus said in Matthew 24 CONCERNING the TEMPLE being thrown down where not one stone would be left upon another. This did INDEED happen in 70 AD just as Jesus said it would. But what I do NOT understand is the reasoning of preterist that MOST of the Book of Revelation has ALREADY been fulfilled in 70 AD. Now I myself see SOME things in the Book of Revelation as having been fulfilled in HISTORY like the Ottoman empire rising and falling and now rising again, but I do not really see any SPECIFIC prophecy of the TEMPLE of Jerusalem being destroyed in the Book of Revelation. And yet nearly all pretersist claim that that MOST of the book of Revelation has already been fulfilled. And as I said a moment ago that preterism MUST have the Book of Revelation to have been written BEFORE 70 AD in order for their teaching to even have a leg to stand on so to speak.
Please understand that the BIBLE itself will ALWAYS prove FALSE teaching to be FALSE. The TRUTH always shine through the darkness. So if you are TRULY seeking the TRUTH then I implore you to read the WHOLE matter and may God bless you richly as you seek HIS truth in the name of Jesus.
So then, let us begin this study in God's word by FIRST taking an objective and close look at the evidence from BOTH sides of this controversial subject that is dividing the body of Jesus Christ to determine WHEN the Book of Revelation was written. And then as we closely examine ALL the evidence that I myself have been made aware we will take a close look at WHY some Christians sincerely and truly believe that most all of the Book of Revelation has already been FULFILLED in 70 AD using the BIBLE itself as our standard to arrive at the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. But first just a little bit of HISTORY.
The first piece of evidence that is presented by Christians who sincerely believe in the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus and that most all of the Book of Revelation is YET to be fulfilled in the near FUTURE is an early church writing by Eusebius, who is quoting and earlier church writing by Irenaeus.
"We will not, however, incur the risk of pronouncing positively as to the name of Antichrist; for if it were necessary that his name should be distinctly revealed in this present time, it would have been announced by him who beheld the apocalyptic vision. For that was seen not very long time since, but almost in our day, towards the end of Domitian's reign."
Now those who teach that the Book of Revelation was written BEFORE 70 AD argue that the phrase
"...For that was seen not very long time since...”
is too VAGUE and unclear as what the writer is referring to, so therefore this early church writing for THEM cannot be accepted as support for a LATE POST 70 AD writing of the Book of Revelation. And some preterist make the CLAIM that this is the ONLY evidence for the LATER date of 96 AD of the writing of the Book of Revelation.
Then on the other side of the coin those who teach that John wrote the Book of Revelation somewhere around 90 AD to as late as 96 AD disagree and say that to THEM it IS quite clear that the writer is saying, For that which was seen refers back to that which John had seen in the apocalyptic vision was towards the end of Domitian's reign.
Well let us lay BOTH arguments aside for the moment and see what should be obvious to BOTH sides of this controversial subject between “PRETERISM” and “FUTURISM”, which is the FACT that the “WE” in this writing by Eusubiuos, who is quoting Irenaeus is referring to the CHURCH in the PRESENT DAY of Irenaeus.
Now please notice what the “WE”, speaking of the CHURCH in the PRESENT day of Irenaeus are saying,
"We will not, however, incur the risk of pronouncing positively as to the name of Antichrist; for if it were necessary that his name should be distinctly revealed in this present time, it would have been announced by him who beheld the apocalyptic vision”
In other words, Irenaeus is saying that if so be that John desired the PRESENT generation in the day of Irenaeus, then John would have clearly stated the IDENTITY of the ANTICHRIST. You see dear child of God the early church in the PRESENT day of Irenaeus, which was well AFTER the destruction of Jerusalem, were STILL YET LOOKING of the identity of the ANTICHRIST, who according to some preterists had ALREADY come and gone at the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. So SIMPLE LOGIC says since the CHURCH some 100 years AFTER 70 AD were STILL YET LOOKING for the Antichrist who Jesus HIMSELF will DESTROY AT his SECOND coming should tell any one with eyes to see that Jesus did NOT come again is 70 AD.
Here is a quote taken from a website that supports a yet future coming Anitichrist and a yet future coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will HIMSELF destroy this yet FUTURE coming Antichrist at his SECOND coming.
"Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (who was a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” (Against Heresies 30). The testimony of Irenaeus, not far removed from the apostolic age, is first rate. He places the book near the end of Domitian’s reign, and that ruler died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems to be unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.”
Now some preterists that call themselves PARTIAL preterists are quick to defend themselves saying that they do INDEED believe that the LITERAL VISUAL second coming of Jesus is STILL YET FUTURE and Jesus did NOT return in 70 AD to destroy the Antichrist with the brightness of his coming as 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 plainly teaches us. For you my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, I say AMEN, but I would admonish you to chose a DIFFERENT name to call yourself other than a preterist or even a partial preterist. As I said earlier I myself do indeed see that SOME things in the Book of Revelation have already been fulfilled, but I do NOT see that MOST of the Book of Revelation has been fulfilled. More on this later but for now please read the whole chapter, but for now I will just quote 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10, which says,
“And then shall that Wicked (speaking of the Antichrist and the Antichrist system of ISLAM) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9. Even him (speaking of the Mahdi that is foretold to come in Islamic prophecy who fits the Bible prophecy of the Antichrist), whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they (the Muslims and all who take the MARK of this wild Islamic beast) received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.”
Now in answer to the preterist CLAIM that the early church writing of Eusebius quoting Irenaeus is the ONLY evidence to support the LATE date of 90-96 AD of the writing of the Book of Revelation here are a few more early church writings that specifically state that John was exiled by Domitian, which without a doubt places the writing of the Book of Revelation well AFTER the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
Clement of Alexandria
Clement of Alexandria (A.D. 155-215) says that John returned from the isle of Patmos “after the tyrant was dead” (Who Is the Rich Man? 42), and Eusebius, known as the “Father of Church History,” identifies the “tyrant” as Domitian (Ecclesiastical History III.23).
Even Moses Stuart, America’s most prominent preterist, admitted that the “tyrant here meant is probably Domitian.” Within this narrative, Clement further speaks of John as an “old man.” If Revelation was written prior to A.D. 70, it would scarcely seem appropriate to refer to John as an old man, since he would only have been in his early sixties at this time.
Now to ME simple logic again kicks in where seeing that a well respected very prominent "PRETERIST" is AGREEING that John was exiled by DOMITIAN should raise a RED FLAG to the validity of the teaching that MOST ALL of the Book of Revelation was fulfilled in 70 AD clearly seeing that John wrote down his vision well AFTER 70 AD and therefore the book of Revelation would have nothing whatsoever to do with the destruction of the TEMPLE in 70 AD. Just a few more quotes from early church writers and then on to what the BIBLE itself has to say.
Victorinus (late third century), author of the earliest commentary on the book of Revelation, wrote:
"When John said these things, he was in the island of Patmos, condemned to the mines by Caesar Domitian. There he saw the Apocalypse; and when at length grown old, he thought that he should receive his release by suffering; but Domitian being killed, he was liberated (Commentary on Revelation 10:11).”
Jerome (A.D. 340-420) said,
"In the fourteenth then after Nero, Domitian having raised up a second persecution, he [John] was banished to the island of Patmos, and wrote the Apocalypse (Lives of Illustrious Men 9).”
Now these three early church writers make it quite clear that John was exiled to the isle of Patmos by Domitian and he was not freed from his being exiled until AFTER the death of Domitian in 95 AD, which makes it impossible for John to have written the Book of Revelation BEFORE Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD as most all preterist dogmatically demand in order to support their teaching that most all of the Book of Revelation was already been fulfilled by the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
While researching this subject I came across another argument used by preterist to try and defend their EARLY date interpretation and that it was NERO and NOT Domitian who exile John to the isle of Patmos. Here is a quote from a preterist website:
"The inscription to the book of Revelation, in the Syrian version, first published by Deuteronomy Dieu, in 1627, and, afterwards in the London Polyglot, is the following, "The Revelation which God made to John the evangelist, in the Island of Patmos, to which he was banished by Nero Caesar."
To me this type of evidence is like the Jehovah's Witnesses creating a Bible translation of their OWN in order to support what they teach. The date of this Syrian version of the Bible is around the time that preterism really began to gain some strength so it would not surprise me that some preterits with a preterist agenda had something to do with getting a preterist commentary written in the preface of this Syrian Bible. I mean I have been a Christians for over 35 years now and this is the first time that I have ever heard of a Syrian Bible. THINK this through for yourself dear child of God. IF SO BE that the Bible teaches preterism, then would not God make sure that all Christians would have a Syrian Bible seeing that it is most likely the only Bible that has such an endorsement of preterism?
To me this type of evidence is like COMMENTARIES in Bibles. Just find a Bible with COMMENTARIES that AGREE with what you teach and you have just proven NOTHING. I mean you can find all kinds of Bibles that are BIAS supporting a PRE tribulation rapture of the church, but that does NOT make those COMMENTARIES to be the TRUTH.
Also to me this type of evidence is like some very scholarly godly men who have written things that they themselves sincerely and truly believe, but this does NOT make what they teach to be the truth of the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
It is agreed by all that NOT all of what different members of the body of Jesus Christ taught throughout the history of the church can possibly be the TRUTH, because many of these different teachings CONTRADICTED each other.
Therefore any so called PROOF that a teaching has indeed been taught through out the history of the church does NOT make that teaching to be the TRUTH. There are BIAS commentaries. The are BIAS Bible dictionaries. There are BIAS Bible translations. So anyone can use a specific Bible with it's BIAS commentaries to try and prove just about any false teaching, but that does NOT make the false teaching to be TRUE. Now certainly one can use HISTORICAL teachings to SUPPORT what has already been found to be proven true by the BIBLE ITSELF, but to use any of MAN'S teaching from ANY time period to try and prove a teaching to be true is going at it backwards in my opinion. I began this particular study with citing history only because I have already proven to myself that preterism is a false teaching and one of there STRONGEST arguments is THEIR trying to prove that the Book of revelation was written BEFORE 70 AD.
Now since a preterist interpretation of Revelation requires an early date of the authorship of the Book of Revelation, then it is understandable WHY preterists go to such great lengths in order to try and prove that John was exiled by NERO as opposed to the common accepted history that clearly shows that John was exiled by Domitian. In conclusion on this section of this study I myself have concluded that the LATER date of 95 to 96 AD as being the overwhelmingly accepted view of most Bible scholar prophecy teachers in both our present day and throughout most of church history.
Also I myself find NOTHING in the Book of Revelation itself that would contradict such a conclusion of the Book of Revelation being written AFTER 70 AD.
So then, I myself find that the ONLY reason WHY preterist push so hard to try and prove an early date for the writing of the Book of Revelation is that their INTERPRETATION of the Bible requires a date somewhat BEFORE 70 AD for the writing of the Book of Revelation at least by a few years. To me that date would have to be no less than a full 3 ½ years before the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed, which would be around February of 67 AD to allow for the full 3 ½ years of great tribulation.
I mean if so be that the Book of Revelation was written as a WARNING ONLY to Christians about the destruction of Jerusalem then you would think that God would have this warning given to his people in plenty of time BEFORE the Antichrist came to destroy Jerusalem.
I believe that for MOST of my readers and seekers of the TRUTH I have presented enough HISTORICAL evidence on this one point to clearly show that the Book of Revelation was written well AFTER 70 AD and that even just ONE day after would be enough to prove that “PRETERISM” is a FALSE teaching ro at least that the Book of Revelation itself has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD as most preterist CLAIM.
With that being said let us move on to showing WHY preterists have concluded that many if not all prophecy has been fulfilled in the Book of Revelation using the BIBLE itself.
Now again some preterists, who call themselves FULL preterists, believe that everything in the Book of Revelation has already been FULFILLED in 70 AD including the second coming of Jesus and the FIRST resurrection. Also the FULL preterists believe that they are they ONLY TRUE preterists and they do NOT accept any other point of view as being possible. The FULL preterists make a very valid point that it is impossible to be a PARTIAL preterist, which we will take a closer look at further on in this study.
Then again there are those who say that they are PARTIAL preterists, who believe that everything in the Book of Revelation has already been fulfilled in 70 AD EXCEPT for Revelation 20:10 through the end of the Book of Revelation.
The main point is that ALL preterist believe is a NON LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus that is NOT a 1000 years, but rather an UNSPECIFIED numbers of years that THEY CLAIM we are living in NOW in the present world.
Before we get into showing WHY ALL preterists believe in a NON LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus I would like to point out that NOT ALL of the Book of Revelation is yet FUTURE.
For example Revelation 12 is speaking of the YET to be BORN holy child Jesus where Satan is waiting to devour the holy child Jesus as soon as he is born. So does this mean that John MUST WITHOUT FAIL had to write the Book of Revelation BEFORE Jesus was BORN in order for things written in the Book of Revelation to make sense? No not at all.
You see John was told to write down what he SAW, what he is hearing. what things were present in his day, and what things must be hereafter. So the THINGS that John said must SHORTLY come to pass was NOT EVERYTHING written in the Book of revelation. More on this later.
Please read Revelation 1:19, which says,
“Write the things which you have seen (now while we are not specifically told in the Bible I see that it is very possible for John to have SEEN the birth of Jesus, but most assuredly John saw a vision of the birth of Jesus and he wrote this PAST event down in chapter 12.), and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;”
Let us begin this section of this study in God's word by showing WHY FULL preterists teach that there can be no such thing as a PARTIAL preterist.
ALL preterists use Revelation 1:1, Revelation 2:5, Revelation 2:16, Revelation 3:11, Revelation 22:7, Revelation 22:12 and Revelation 22:20 to try and prove that either all of the Book of Revelation has already been fulfilled in 70 AD or at least most of the Book of Revelation has already been fulfilled in 70 AD.
“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which MUST SHORTLY come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:”
“ Remember therefore from whence you are fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto you QUICKLY, and will remove your candlestick out of his place, except you repent.”
“ Repent; or else I will come unto you QUICKLY, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.”
“ Behold, I come QUICKLY: hold that fast which you have, that no man take your crown.”
“Behold, I come QUICKLY: blessed is he that keeps the sayings of the prophecy of THIS book.”
“And, behold, I come QUICKLY; and my REWARD is WITH me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
“He which testifies these things says, Surely I come QUICKLY. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”
And ALL preterist INTERPRET these verses to mean without fail that all the prophecy in the Book of Revelation MUST be FULFILLED SHORTLY and QUICKLY just as these words of Jesus plainly state.
Now the FULL preterist dogmatically demand that these words of Jesus LITERALLY mean what they say, so then they teach their followers that QUICKLY means QUICKLY and SHORTLY means SHORTLY therefore it is IMPOSSIBLE for any of the prophecies in the Book of Revelation to yet be fulfilled in the future some 2000 years later.
Then the FULL preterist point out that since these words mean what they say, then it is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be a PARTIAL preterist seeing that Jesus clearly said that he would come QUICKLY.
I myself have to AGREE with this LOGIC that if so be that you are going to dogmatically demand that the things written in the Book of Revelation MUST come to pass SHORTLY and mean within the GENERATION that was alive in the day of Jesus, then you MUST be CONSISTENT in interpreting the word of God. I mean you cannot pick and choose when QUICKLY means QUICKLY and when QUICKLY does NOT mean QUICKLY.
Then going back to the statements made by some PARTIAL preterist who state in their teachings that ALL of the Book of Revelation has ALREADY been fulfilled EXCEPT Revelation 20:10 through the end of the Book of Revelation. Well with that kind of blanket statement, then some PARTIAL preterist are saying that they believe that the SECOND COMING of Jesus has ALREADY been fulfilled in 70 AD as well and that they are only looking for the NEW heavens and the NEW earth at the very end of the age or world.
The TRUTH of the matter is that the Greek word, translated as QUICKLY means with SWIFTNESS, very fast, with speed. In other words, WHEN Jesus comes again his COMING will be like a FLASH of LIGHTENING so FAST that there will be NO time to REPENT before the dead in Christ are resurrected and our CHANGE takes place in a TWINKLING of and eye. This is why Jesus WARNS us to WATCH for the SIGNS of his COMING so that we will be absolutely sure we are keeping sin out of our lives and doing all we can to warn others to repent and believe upon Jesus.
The Greek word translated as “SHORTLY” means the same thing, in that, WHEN SOME of the things in the Book of Revelation BEGIN to come to pass that they will come to pass in a relatively short amount of time.
Also please take note that John did NOT say that ALL of the Book of Revelation MUST SHORTLY come to pass, but rather John is showing THINGS, as in, SOME things will come to pass quickly once they BEGIN to come to pass. I mean if you are PARTIAL preterist who does NOT believe that the SECOND coming has already taken place then you can NOT use ANY of the verses in the entire Bible that says Jesus will come QUICKLY if you INTERPRET the word quickly to me SOON, as in, in any moment, near at hand and so forth. But this word does NOT mean SOON as in the generation in the day of Jesus.
For example, John specifically tells us that the THIRD WOE will COME QUICKLY. But it is obvious from the CONTEXT that the third woe will come ONLY AFTER the second woe has already past. So just because these Greek words CAN mean quickly, as in, a short amount of time does NOT dogmatically demand that they MUST without fail mean that ALL of the Book of revelation MUST without fail be completely fulfilled within the GENERATION that was alive in the day of Jesus.
Please read Revelation 11:14, which says,
“The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe comes QUICKLY.”
This simply means that IMMEDIATELY AFTER the second woe is past that the third woes comes in swiftness where there will NOT be any long length of time between the blowing of the sixth trumpet and the blowing of the 7th trumpet ad that the WRATH of Almighty God being poured out will NOT last that long. I myself see the WRATH of God lasting anywhere from 1 day to perhaps 75 days when it actually begins IMMEDIATELY after the rapture of the church seeing that we are NOT appointed to the WRATH of Almighty God.
Now those of you who have read the studies that I have written on the great tribulation and the WRATH of God you will know that the SECOND COMING of Jesus will take place IMMEDIATELY AFTER the SIXTH seal, the SIXTH trumpet and the SIXTH vial and that the SEVENTH, the SEVENTH seal, the SEVENTH trumpet and the SEVENTH vial is the WRATH of Almighty God. NOT that there are three different wrath(s) of God, but rather the ONE wrath of God is being described in three different ways in the Book of Revelation in the SEVENTH seal, the SEVENTH trumpet and the SEVENTH vial.
Remember that Jesus teaches us in Matthew 24:29 that IMMEDIATELY AFTER the time of great tribulation that the SIGN of the Son of man COMING in clouds of great glory will take place and there will be SIGNS in the SUN, and in the MOON, and in the STARS.
“IMMEDIATELY AFTER the tribulation of those days shall the SUN be darkened, and the MOON shall not give her light, and the STARS shall fall from heaven, and the POWERS of the heavens shall be SHAKEN:
30. And THEN shall appear the SIGN of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall ALL the tribes of the EARTH mourn, and they shall SEE the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall GATHER TOGETHER his elect from the four winds, from one end of HEAVEN to the other (end of HEAVEN speaking of the SKY where all believers in Jesus will be CAUGHT UP into the AIR to be gathered together by the angel and taken to MEET Jesus in the AIR over the place called ARMAGEDDON).”
Please read Revelation 16:12-19 where the SIXTH vial is poured out and the SECOND COMING of Jesus is seen IMMEDIATELY AFTER the SIXTH seal, the SIXTH trumpet and the SIXTH vial, which is followed immediately by the WRATH of God being poured out in the SEVENTH seal, the SEVENTH trumpet, and the SEVENTH vial. And remember that the CHURCH is NOT appointed to the WRATH of God, which come AFTER the second coming of Jesus, because Jesus is the one who will PERSONALLY and VISIBLY EXECUTE the WRATH of Almighty God. So just common sense should tell anyone who has eyes to see that since the CHURCH is still yet here that the WRATH of God spoken of in the NEW Testament has NOT YET taken place and therefore is still yet FUTURE. And simple LOGIC says that since the WRATH of God is going to come QUICKLY and it has not come in 2000 year, then QUICKLY does NOT MEAN SOON, as in, within the GENERATION of the day of Jesus as the FULL preterist dogmatically demand.
So then, not ALL of Revelation must SHORTLY come to pass as the FULL preterist false teach, because the CHURCH that is NOT appointed to the WRATH of God is still yet here preaching the gospel. I am getting a little ahead of myself so let us get back on track to show you that the WRATH of God is always seen in the SEVENTH, the seventh seal, the seventh trumpet, and the seventh vial, and the RAPTURE is always seen IN BETWEEN the SIXTH and the SEVENTH where the first SIX are the time of great tribulation, the wrath of Satan and the seventh is the WRATH of God.
“And the SIXTH angel poured out his VIAL upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. (was the great river Euphrates DRIED UP in 70 AD? Did a great army from the EAST destroy Jerusalem in 70 AD?)
13. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the WHOLE WORLD, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. (Did the WHOLE WORLD gather together to destroy Jerusalem in 70 AD or was it JUST the ROMAN army? These are questions that DEMAND sound valid undeniable answers in order for the preterist theology to correct.)
15. Behold, I come as a THIEF (Did Jesus VISIBLY return to fight AGAINST the ROMAN army to DESTROY the man of sin? Then Jesus did NOT come in ANY way in 70 AD). Blessed is he that WATCHES, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked, and they (the angels of Jesus) see his shame.
16. And he (Jesus) GATHERED THEM TOGETHER into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.( Some INTERPRET this verse to mean that JESUS is gathering together the armies of the world to destroy Jesus, but the WHOLE word of God teaches us that Jesus is COMING to save Israel and fight AGAINST the armies that are seeking to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. In other words,the TRUE meaning of this verse is that Jesus will send his angels to gather his ELECT together from one end of HEAVEN to the other end of HEAVEN and they will take us to MEET Jesus in the AIR over this place called ARMAGEDDON where Jesus will make WAR with all these nations who are making war with ISRAEL. And WHEN the nations or the TRIBES of all the world will SEE Jesus coming in great clouds of glory they will MOURN, they will be FRIGHTENED, and they will cry out for the dens of the mountains to cover them from the WRATH of God that is going to be poured out QUICKLY or immediately after the RAPTURE of the church, the ELECT of God in the SEVENTH seal, the SEVENTH trumpet, and the SEVENTH vial. This is the RAPTURE of the CHURCH right BEFORE the WRATH of God will be poured out in the SEVENTH.)
17. And the SEVENTH angel poured out his vial into the AIR (Jesus is going to make WAR from the AIR initially against those Islamic Muslim nations who are making war with Israel and who will have killed many Christians and many Jews already before Jesus comes to RESCUE his people. The church and the Jews ARE the TWO witnesses in Revelation chapter 11 and the 3 1/2 days is speaking of many Christians and Jews being beheaded primarily in the Middle East during the 3 1/2 YEARS of great tribulation. this is NOT to say that the Muslims will not kill Christians and Jews in other parts of the world, but rather to say that MOST of the slaughter will be in the Middle East. This is why Jesus said when you SEE the abomination of desolation FLEE JUDEA and the surrounding countries.); and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. (the MYSTERY of God should be FINISHED. See Revelation 10:7 and 1 Corinthians 15;51,52 as well as Revelation 11 for the connection of it is DONE or it is FINISHED. When the GOSPEL or the TESTIMONY of the TWO witnesses is FINISHED the RAPTURE will take place. By the way there are SEVEN different pictures of the RAPTURE in the Book of Revelation, And again NOT seven different raptures, but rather the ONE rapture being described in seven different places in the Book of Revelation.)
18. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was NOT since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.(this earthquake will be so great that it will be felt over the whole earth. See the verse by verse study that I have on Revelation and the very next verse.)
19. And the great city (is speaking of BABYLON which is a TYPE for the god of this present WORLD the whole earth) was divided into THREE parts (so the whole earth will be divided into three parts. not literally fall apart into three sections, but rather to be shaken so violently that the CITIES of many NATIONS will be destroyed all over the world), and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his WRATH.”
Again the WRATH of God spoken of in the Book of Revelation has NOT taken place as yet, BECAUSE the CHURCH is still yet here PREACHING the GOSPEL and Jesus will NOT come UNTIL the gospel is preached in all the world to HIS satisfaction. Therefore the word QUICKLY does not mean IN the GENERATION of JESUS. For those of you who may not be following what I am saying let me say this another way.
#1. FULL Preterists CLAIM that John saying that he is showing THINGS that MUST SHORTLY come to pass means without fail that ALL of the ENTIRE Book of Revelation MUST be FULFILLED during the GENERATION that was in the day of Jesus and to THEM it is IMPOSSIBLE for the ONE WORD to mean ANYTHING else.
#2. IF SO BE that there INTERPRETATION of that ONE WORD SHORTLY is correct, then that would mean that the WRATH of God was ALSO poured out in 70 AD meaning that ALL the things prophesied in the Book of Revelation took place in 70 AD including the DRYING UP of the great river Euphrates and MORE than just the ONE ROMAN army being destroyed PERSONALLY by the VISIBLE return of Jesus, the NEW JERUSALEM coming down from heaven, God creating a the NEW heavens and the NEW earth, NO MORE DEATH, no more WAR EVER, I mean EVERYTHING in the Book of Revelation MUST without fail have already been fulfilled in 70 AD IF SO BE that one in going to dogmatically demand that THINGS mean EVERY THING and SHORTLY means in the GENERATION in the day of Jesus. You cannot pick and choose when things mean ONLY SOME things and SHORTLY means only some things were fulfilled in the generation of Jesus.
#3. THEREFORE for even those who say that they are PARTIAL preterist they as well cannot use these words quickly and shortly to TRY and prove PARTIAL preterism. As I said before that I myself believe that SOME things have indeed been fulfilled in the Book of Revelation and if you are do as well, then I implore you to call yourself something OTHER than a PRETERIST in any shape or form. If I had to place a NAME upon myself, then I would say that I am a POST tribulation PRE Millennial believer who believes in a LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus. I may not be your TYPICAL believer in this group but I most certainly believe that the LITERAL VISIBLE SECOND coming will be BEFORE the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus, thus placing the LITERAL BODILY FIRST resurrection IMMEDIATELY AFTER the time of great tribulation AT the SECOND coming of Jesus.
Now let us COMPARE scripture with scripture and go to Revelation 6:12-17, which is right after the FIFTH seal was opened and we see the souls of the dead in Jesus Christ under the altar being told to wait just a little longer and then they are given WHITE ROBES. Keep this is mind when we go to Revelation 19 to compare the fifth seal with the SECOND coming of Jesus with his ARMIES still being yet in heaven and given WHITE ROBES to get READY to come down to the earth to make WAR.
For now I want you to notice the SIGNS in the SUN, MOON and STARS that will take place right at the END of the time of GREAT tribulation, which will be the SIGNS that usher IN the SECOND COMING of Jesus.
“And I beheld when he had opened the SIXTH seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the SUN became black as sackcloth of hair, and the MOON became as blood;
13. And the STARS of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casts her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. (STARS in the Bible speak of the ANGELS. We all know that LITERAL stars cannot fall from heaven. Things can fall from heaven that APPEAR as stars like meteors, satellites and so forth, but to me these are not FEARFUL signs, unless of course these meteors would reach the ground, But since these signs will occur AT or right before the second coming of Jesus when the ANGEL of Satan will WAR against Michael and his ANGELS and knowing what i know about the CHARIOTS of God in the Bible and the UFO activity in these last days i myself am seeing what the world calls UFO's being knocked out of the SKY and falling to the earth like a fig tree casts her figs SHAKEN in a MIGHTY wind. Remember that the HEAVENS shall be SHAKEN. Now be honest with yourself. IF you did not KNOW about the CHARIOTS of God in the Old Testament, the WAR between the good and bad angels, and you do not believe in UFO's, then you will have out of your mind in FEAR when this war in heaven becomes VISIBLE. Remember to consider the WHOLE matter before you judge me as a lunatic. Please read the study "WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT UFO'S?" and then if you still think that I am a lunatic well time will tell.)
14. And the HEAVEN departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. (I personally believe that this will be one of two things or both of these things. If you have ever seen an ATOMIC bomb or a NUCLEAR explosion being detonated and there are clouds in the air it looks just like a heavens being rolled back like a SCROLL. So I personally believe that one possibility of this verse is an atomic bomb being detonated in Israel to make her desolate and Jesus will return at this moment to destroy those who are destroying the earth. Or it may be the COMING of Jesus in flaming fire and great clouds of glory that cause the heavens to roll back as a scroll.)
15. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, HID themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; (all the tribes of the earth MOURN when they SEE Jesus coming again)
16. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and HIDE us from the face of him that sits on the throne, AND from the WRATH of the Lamb:
17. For the great DAY of his WRATH is COME; and who SHALL be ABLE to stand?”
So then, Jesus says IMMEDIATELY AFTER the time of great tribulation that these SAME SIGNS would appear right before we see the Son of Man COMING in clouds of great glory, to GATHER TOGETHER his elect. This is the RAPTURE of the church. In other words, WE the church will SEE the FEARFUL SIGNS in the SUN, the MOON, the STARS ad the POWER of the heavens being SHAKEN, which are the principalities a,d powers of the AIR being CAST down to the earth in the WAR in heaven spoken of in Revelation 12. I mean if anything will cause some Christian to THINK NOT that Jesus is still yet coming it will be SEEING what the WORLD will call a massive UFO invasion from another world.
Hey I could be wrong, but something on the inside of me says WARN MY PEOPLE of things that are coming upon the earth. They LAUGHED Jesus to scorn so if they persecuted Jesus why should I expect not to be persecuted. I remember back about four years ago that I shared these things with my brothers and sisters in the Bible class I was teaching and a few went straight to the pastor as said, HE is teaching about UFO'S what does that have to do with Jesus coming again? I was asked not to teach anymore shortly after that. Most of my class understood that I was teaching a POSSIBILITY and that I was ONLY trying to WARN them of what the WORLD is conditioning people for in the days ahead.
Any way after the opening of the SIXTH seal we have a GAP of space of time BEFORE the SEVENTH seal is opened and in that GAP of space of time BETWEEN the SIXTH and the SEVEN we see the RAPTURE of the church EVERY time. In BETWEEN the sixth and the seventh SEAL we have chapter 7 where we see the RAPTURE of the church and THEN in Revelation 8:1 we see the opening of the SEVENTH seal where all we are told is that there is SILENCE in HEAVEN for the space of ONE HALF and HOUR. This is speaking of only HALF of God's WRATH being poured out at the SECOND coming of Jesus and God has MERCY on his people Israel and those of the nations lest all flesh be slain and no man be left alive and the final second HALF of God's WRATH will be reserved until the 1000 year reign of Jesus has EXPIRED or has ended and Satan in let loose for a little season to once again DECEIVE the NATIONS to make WAR against God's people the Jews ad the CITY of God where the IMMORTAL Christians will be.
Now even though we are not SPECIFICALLY told in the Book of Revelation it is safe to say that at some point during the time of great tribulation that the Jews will CALL upon God to SAVE them from their enemies who are seeking to kill every last Jew and every last Christian as well. Remember the words of Jesus telling his people the Jews that they will NOT SEE him again UNTIL THEY say the words, BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD. So again simple common sense says that since the Jews were NOT RESCUED by Jesus in 70 AD, then Jesus did NOT come in 70 AD.
Please read Luke 13:34,35, which says,
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which kill the prophets, and stone them that are sent unto you; how often would I have gathered your children together, as a hen does gather her brood under her wings, and you would NOT!
35. Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, You shall NOT see me, UNTILL the TIME COME when YOU shall say, Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.”
It would be a hard thing to prove either way, but my opinion is that the Jews never cried out for JESUS to SAVE them back in 70 AD so according to this passage of scripture it would be yet ANOTHER CONTRADICTION to say the Jesus came again back in 70 AD like the FULL preterists dogmatically demand and some PARTIAL preterist CLAIM the Jesus came again INVISIBLY or in some SPIRITUAL way to JUDGE Israel INTERPRETING the CLOUDS in Matthew 24 as clouds of JUDGMENT.
But the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, teaches us that at the SECOND COMING of Jesus that he comes again to make WAR with the nations who are making war with Israel to destroy those armies that are seeking to destroy Israel. You see dear child of God the PRE trib teaching has CONFUSED Christian to WRONGLY believe that the time of great tribulation the time of JACOB'S trouble IS the WRATH of God. NO a THOUSAND times NO the time of great tribulation is NOT the WRATH of God. Please read the study "THE GREAT TRIBULATION VERSUS THE WRATH OF GOD" for all the verses that prove beyond any shadow of a doubt the the great tribulation is NOT the WRATH of Almighty God. Jesus is not coming back to JUDGE Israel , but rather to SAVE Israel so the PRETERIST argument that the CLOUDS in Matthew 24 are SYMBOLIC clouds of Judgment to TRY and prove that Jesus has already returned in an INVISIBLE SPIRITUAL way in 70 AD is all FALSE incorrect teaching.
Please read Zechariah 14:1-7, which clearly teaches us that Jesus will come down to the earth with his FEET on the mount of Olives and at this tie of his SECOND COMING he will FIGHT AGAINST those NATIONS who are fighting against Israel to SAVE Israel and NOT JUDGE Israel as some PARTIAL preterists CLAIM. By the way this goes for the Jehovah's witnesses who teach a FALSE INVISIBLE coming of Jesus in the 1874 and was updated to 1914, and the 7th Day Adventist churches who also teach an INVISIBLE coming of Jesus in 1844. There is NO INVISIBLE second coming of Jesus at any time in history or in the future PERIOD! The BIBLE ITSELF ONLY teaches of ONE and ONLY ONE SECOND coming of Jesus and that EVERY EYE shall SEE his COMING again. And the second coming of Jesus is NOT going to be DIVIDED into TWO part EITHER just to try and PROVE a FALSE teaching like the PRE-trib escapism rapture theory.
“Behold, the DAY of the LORD comes, and your spoil shall be divided in the midst of you.
2. For I will gather all nations (and NOT JUST the ONE ROMAN army of the ONE NATION of ROME) against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished (MUSLIMS are doing this in our day right now. They treat women like a piece of property. Selling people for slaves is more prominate in Muslim dominated countries than any other country. One of the signs of the Antichrcist and his followers is that the have no regard for WOMEN. This does not mean that they are gay, but rather that they treat their women like crap); and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3. Then shall the LORD go forth, and FIGHT AGAINST those NATIONS, as when he fought in the day of battle. (HISTORY does NOT teach us that the ROMAN army was destroy in 70 AD)
4. And his feet (I am still undecided whether or not this is speaking of Jesus himself LITERALLY coming all the way down to the earth or not. Most certainly ALL of mankind will SEE Jesus in the AIR, but the FEET may be speaking of his PEOPLE. His feet could be the JEWS fleeing to the mountains. Or his feet could be speaking of his army of saints and the angels. See Joel and they army that is NOT hurt by the sword that skips across the tops of the mountains. I believe that this is the GROUND troops sent to root out the enemy Muslim Islamic armies) shall stand in that day UPON the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.(none the less what ever the feet of Jesus means a great earthquake or something will cause the mount of Olives to split in what appears to be half creating a great valley for God's people to escape.)
5. And you shall FLEE to the VALLEY of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains SHALL reach unto Azal: yea, you shall flee, like as you fled from before the EARTHQUAKE (again showing a great earthquake AT the second coming of Jesus only this time we are told that this great earthquake will cause the mount of Olives to slit into two halve creating a great valley for his people to ESCAPE by fleeing through this great valley. I have not researched it myself, but I would say by the REST of God's word that this great VALLEY is NOT there NOW at this present day, which means without fail that the SECOND COMING of Jesus is still yet FUTURE.) in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with you. (Remember 1 Thessalonians 4 where God will BRING all the saints who have died in Jesus Christ WITH him, then we which are alive and remain will be caught up in the air TOGETHER with them, so thus ALL the saints will be with Jesus at the battle of Armageddon.)
6. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7. But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.”
Now let us go back to the Book of revelation and read where the SEVENTH trumpet is blown. Please read Revelation 11:7-19 which is at the very end of the time of great tribulation when the church has FINISHED preaching the gospel to all the world and we see the RAPTURE of the church taking place.
“And when they (the two witnesses, the Christians and the Jews the ONLY two groups of people who stand for the ONE TRUE God in all the earth. Please read the study "THE TWO WITNESSES WHO ARE THEY?") shall have FINISHED their testimony (preach the gospel to all the world and the Jews calling upon God to same them and saying BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD), the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9. And they of the people and kindred and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. (this is the FIRST resurrection spoken of in Revelation 20:4-6)
12. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, COME UP hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies BEHELD them. (this is the RAPTURE of the church, the ELECT, which will include the 144,000 sealed Jews of the twelve tribes of Israel. So then, in the LIKE MANNER that Jesus ASCENDED into heaven being SEEN VISIBLY so shall the world SEE us ascend into heaven VISIBLY.)
13. And the SAME HOUR (the HOUR speaks of the WRATH of God) was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were afraid, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14. The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe comes quickly. (the third woe is the WRATH of God that is poured out in the SEVENTH, the seventh seal, the seventh trumpet, and the seventh vial. Again NOT three wrath(s), but rather ONE wrath being described in the SEVENTH. And the time of great tribulation is described in the first SIX where the severity increases in the FIFTH and SIXTH)
15. And the SEVENTH angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord (Have the kingdoms of this PRESENT world BECOME the kingdoms of the Lord in 70 AD? If they haven, then what chance does the church have to persuade others to come into the kingdom of God if THIS PRESENT world is the kingdom of God now? I mean this is kind of like the Jehovah's Witnesses teaching about ONLY 144,000 LUCKY ones being up in heaven while all the rest of Christians are on the earth. At least the Jehovah's Witness paradise is more like what the Bible teaches, which this PRESENT world is NOTHING like the paradise on earth that the Bible describes.), and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
16. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshiped God,
17. Saying, We give you thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which are, and were, and are to come; because you have taken to you your great power, and have reigned.
18. And the NATIONS were ANGRY ( Was the ROMAN army ANGRY when they destroyed Jerusalem or did they celebrate VICTORY? Israel will not be angry nor mourn nor cry out in fear when they see Jesus coming, but rather Israel will REJOICE saying BLESSED IS HE THAT COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD to rescue your people. The Bible also teaches us that SOME of the nations will repent as well and call upon the name of the Lord and they will be saved ALIVE in their MORTAL bodies along with the REMNANT of Israel to go into the LITERAL reign of Jesus for a LITERAL 1000 years right AFTER the first HALF of God's WRATH is poured out AT the second coming of Jesus upon the nations who are fighting against Israel. The ONLY NATIONS plural that will be ANGRY are the ones taking a beating from Jesus), and your WRATH IS COME, and the time of the dead (Again the WRATH of God is found in the SEVENTH. The reason that this may sound to some like the last and final resurrection at the END of the 1000 years is because God WRATH is divided or LIFTED at the SECOND coming of Jesus where God shows MERCY on his people Israel and then the last half of God WRATH is poured out at the END of the thousand year reign of Jesus. So in truth there will be rewards given at BOTH times before and after the 1000 year reign of Jesus. In other words, the END of the 1000 years will be very similar to the BEGINNING of the 1000 years, so God simply uses word where BOTH events before and after are described. There will be a LITERAL BODILY resurrection both before and after the 1000 years. And there will be a great WAR both before and after the 1000 years, and the WRATH of God both before and after the 1000 year reign of Jesus, and the judgment of the dead in Christ ONLY before the 1000 year reign of Jesus and the final judgment or all other people after the 1000 year reign of Jesus. So here the time is speaking of the Christians ONLY), that they should be judged, and that you should give reward unto your servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear your name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.
19. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thundering, and an earthquake, and great hail.”
Now some PARTIAL preterists INTERPRET the FIRST resurrection as being a SPIRITUAL resurrection and they believe that the LITERAL VISIBLE SECOND coming of Jesus and the FINAL resurrection is YET in the FUTURE at the END of their so called NON LITERAL 1000 years of an unspecified number of year which they CLAIM that we are living in NOW in this PRESENT world. So then once again, because their belief that we are NOW presenting living in NON LITERAL 1000 years that is NOT a LITERAL 1000 years, but rather it is an UNSPECIFIED number of years that began in the day of Jesus and continues to this present day in which we are NOW living, then they must place the LITERAL VISIBLE SECOND COMING of Jesus AFTER what the Bible itself calls the 1000 year reign of Jesus.
If this is true, then WHEN does Jesus reign ON the earth like the Bible says? He cannot, because after the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus as the BIBLE ITSELF teaches comes the final war, the final resurrection of the REST of the dead, the final judgment where DEATH is destroyed and ALL the RIGHTEOUS will be granted ETERNAL LIFE and the New heavens and the New earth will be created. The CITY of NEW Jerusalem will come all the way down to the NEW earth and the ages to come will begin. NO MORE MORTAL BODIES. So WHEN does all the prophesies about the paradise on earth with people in their MORTAL bodies take place.
Some PARTIAL preterist also INTERPRET the reign of Jesus as being RIGHT NOW in this PRESENT world and when he comes again Jesus will commit his reign in his Father's kingdom back into his Fathers hands and we will go right into the ages to come where God will create a New heavens and a New earth right after the final resurrection and judgment. And again IF SO BE that this were true, then I am forced to say that Jesus is doing a TERRIBLE JOB at ruling and reigning in this present world. I mean I myself do not see how ANYONE can believe this ridiculous teaching of preterism in ANY form, FULL, PARTIAL, or other wise. I am sorry if this offends any of you, but it is time that you WAKE UP and THINK things THROUGH for yourself using the WHOLE word of Almighty God as opposed to the FEW verses that your having trouble understanding.
If you are TRULY seeking the TRUTH, then I IMPLORE you to keep reading the WHOLE matter and ALL your questions will be answered so that you can LOGICALLY understand the word of God being interpreted in the LIGHT of the WHOLE of God's word. I will never tell my readers, well you cannot understand the MYSTERIES of God so you will just have to ACCEPT what I say by FAITH. No a thousand times no. God wants us to understand his word. But we need to take things in the order as God gave them to me. So let's see how the PARTIAL preterist deals with the dilemma of TWO different resurrections seeing that according to them Jesus returns after the non literal 1000 years that we are supposedly living in now where Jesus is ruling and reigning INVISIBLY, which would then remove, wipe out, or eliminate a yet FUTURE 1000 year reign of Jesus and thus place his second coming at the END of the 1000 year reign of Jesus that is no longer there because it was MOVED to this PRESENT age by PRETERISM.
Any way here is HOW some PARTIAL preterists INTERPRET the FIRST resurrection revealed to us in Revelation 20:4-6, which says,
“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection: on such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”
First my ALL preterists, FULL, PARTIAL, and whatever they ALL will claim that the 1000 years is NOT a LITERAL 1000 years CLAIMING that we are PRESENTLY living in that age NOW. And then they attempt to prove their theory by doing a massive word search on the word “THOUSAND” and then they point out the different words and claim how it is impossible for this Greek word to LITERALLY mean ONE thousand. And how the Jews do not count ONE as a number and so forth and so on. Smoke and mirrors I call it.
The TRUTH is the Greek word "CHILIOI" that translated as "THOUSAND" in Revelation chapter 20 and in 2 Peter 3:8 where a DAY is as a THOUSAND years and a THOUSAND years is as a DAY is Strong's number 5507, which literally means "THOUSAND", as in, a SINGLE quantity of a THOUSAND no more no less. It is not PLURAL in the sense that this particular Greek word can be use to say TWO thousand or THREE thousand or to be translated as THOUSANDS as in MANY groups of thousands. In other words, the Greek word "CHILIOI" LITERALLY mean ONE SINGLE THOUSAND year period of time when the Greek word for YEAR is placed along with it.
Let us take a moment and look how this Greek word "CHILIOI" is used in other places in the book Of Revelation. Please read Revelation 11:3, which gives us a LITERAL EXACT NUMBER of days.
" And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a THOUSAND two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."
Now I do not know ANYONE who INTERPRETS this LITERAL EXACT NUMBER any other way that 1,260 LITERAL days. Now some do indeed interpret the days as YEARS, but they still none the less use the EXACT NUMBER 1,260. NO ONE ever tries to interpret the NUMBER 1,260 days as meaning an UNSPECIFIED number of days or years or period of time. NO a thousand times NO they always interpret a THOUSAND to mean EXACTLY ONE THOUSAND no more and no less. It is the SAME exact Greek word "CHILIOI" used in Revelation chapter 20 referring to the 1000 year reign of Jesus.
It just so happen that the SAME writer of the Book of Revelation uses a DIFFERENT Greek word further down in verse 13 where we see SEVEN THOUSAND men being killed in the great earthquake at the second coming of Jesus. and the Strong's number for that Greek word is 5505, which is "CHILAS" that means thousand or thousands.
"And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men SEVEN THOUSAND: and the remnant were afraid, and gave glory to the God of heaven."
Then in Revelation 12:6 we see the SAME LITERAL EXACT number 1,260 where Israel is feed for 3 1/2 years.
"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a THOUSAND two hundred and threescore days."
And on last verse in Revelation 14:20 before we move on to see HOW the PARTIAL preterist INTERPRET the FIRST resurrection seeing that they MOVE the literal 1000 year reign of Jesus to this present world and they have no place to PUT a LITERAL BODILY FIRST resurrection.
" And the wine press was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the wine press, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a THOUSAND and six hundred furlongs."
Again this is a LITERAL measurement being EXACTLY 1,600 furlongs. Now I do realize that any number can be used in a figurative manner, but the CONTEXT should given the reader or hearer that it is a figurative number. However the CONTEXT in Revelation chapter 20 gives us NO reason to interpret the 1000 year reign of Jesus figuratively to become and unspecified number of years. I mean if the writer wanted us know that the reign of Jesus was MORE than just a SINGLE THOUSAND years he would have used the Greek word "CHILIAS" with another number with it like everywhere else in the Book of Revelation.
Now that you know the TRUTH about the Greek word "CHILIOI" meaning a LITERAL single unit of a THOUSAND no more and no less let us move on to the preterist interpretation of the first resurrection seeing that they have no place for it to occur in a LITERAL BODILY way.
The PARTIAL preterist will INTERPRET the FIRST resurrection as being our SPIRITUAL resurrection when we are BORN AGAIN by the word of God. And they use all the verses that teach us that we were DEAD in our sins and how we are RAISED in Jesus Christ and how sin shall NOT have dominion over us and so forth and so on. Now I am not going to go over all these verses because they are TRUE. We as Christians were indeed raised from SPIRITUAL death. However I will point out that Satan always uses the word of God that is TRUE to DECEIVE God's people to believe his LIES so it is not necessary for me to go over all these verses, but rather to simple show you that the partial preterists are using WHATEVER verses in the Bible they can find to try and prove a FALSE teaching.
All one needs to do is to read the CONTEXT of Revelation chapter 20 to see that ALL PRETERISM is a FALSE teaching. So then let us go back an CAREFULLY read Revelation 20:4-6 again to see WHY preterism cannot possible be true.
“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were BEHEADED for the WITNESS of Jesus, and for the WORD of God, and which had NOT worshiped the beast, NEITHER his image, NEITHER had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and THEY LIVED and REIGNED WITH with Christ a THOUSAND YEARS.
5. But the REST of the dead lived NOT again UNTIL the THOUSAND YEARS were FINISHED. This is the FIRST resurrection.
6. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the FIRST resurrection: on such the SECOND DEATH has NO power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall REIGN with him a THOUSAND YEARS.”
I want you to please notice that the preterist INTERPRETATION of the FIRST resurrection being our SPIRITUAL new birth CONTRADICTS this very passage of scripture, because those who are resurrected in this FIRST resurrection are resurrected for the very REASON of being a FAITHFUL BELIEVERS. In other words, the THEY in this passage of scripture who have part in the FIRST resurrection are ALREADY believers, who THEN were BEHEADED and KILLED for reason of their FAITH and testimony of JESUS and the WORD of Almighty God.
It is absolute ridiculous to INTERPRET these clear plain words in Revelation 20:4-6 as being BORN AGAIN, because the THEY who are blessed to take part in the FIRST resurrection are ALREADY born again when they are BEHEADED for their FAITH in Jesus and the word of God. So NO! A thousand time NO dear child of God the FIRST resurrection is NOT our SPIRITUAL resurrection from our spiritual death being dead in our past sins.
Also please notice that ONLY those who take part in the FIRST resurrection will be given LITERAL IMMORTAL BODIES or FLESH and BONE just like Jesus has now so that the SECOND DEATH will NOT have any power over them. Jesus clearly teaches us that while we receive blessings now in this present world we shall NOT actually receive ETERNAL LIFE until the LITERAL world TO COME has come, and the world yet to come will not come UNTIL the SECOND coming of Jesus bring his rewards WITH him when he come. We are NOT living in the WORLD yet to come, therefore we do NOT actually possess ETERNAL LIFE as yet.
Please read Mark 10:32, which says,
“ But he shall receive an hundredfold NOW IN THIS TIME, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; AND IN THE WORLD TO COME eternal life.”
Also Jesus WARNS us to take heed lest any man STEAL our crown of ETERNAL LIFE. Please read the study “IS ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED BIBLICAL?”, but for now please read Revelation 3:11, which clearly teaches us that any one of us can be DECEIVED by the teaching of man and LOSE of crown of eternal life and that it is ONLY AT the SECOND COMING of Jesus that we will actually RECEIVE our crown of ETERNAL LIFE so that we do not have to KEEP ourselves from sin constantly on GUARD of the ENEMY so that we are NOT DECEIVED and our crown be stolen before we receive it. This is WHY the word of God says BLESSED are they who take part in the FIRST resurrection, because once we ACTUALLY obtain our reward of eternal life AT the SECOND coming of Jesus, then and ONLY then the second death will have no power over us. No man will be able to pluck us out of the father's hand once we have ENDURED unto the END to be saved just as Jesus clearly teaches us.
You see dear child of God those who repent AT the second coming of Jesus will NOT take part in the FIRST resurrection, but rather all who call upon the name of the Lord AT the second coming of Jesus will go into the LITERAL thousand year reign of Jesus in their MORTAL bodies to be TAUGHT of the Lord. And once again those in their MORTAL bodies can still sin even though the devil has been bound for that yet coming literal 1000 year reign of Jesus. And then AFTER this literal 1000 year reign of Jesus ONLY those in their MORTAL bodies speaking more specifically of those left of the NATIONS will be DECEIVED by Satan to make war one final time against God's people the JEWS who are ALSO in their MORTAL bodies. Then God will send the FIRE of the final part of his WRATH to destroy all the rebellious wicked who were DECEIVED this one final time by Satan to rebel against Almighty God.
And I might add that those of us who take part in the yet future FIRST resurrection will rule and reign OVER those in their MORTAL bodies for a LITERAL 1000 years WITH Jesus. Those of us who will take part in this yet future coming FIRST resurrection will be dwelling IN the city of God, which I myself see as being in the SKY over Jerusalem and NO MORTAL will be allowed INTO that city of God, UNTIL they PROVE themselves to be RIGHTEOUS unto the END just like we had to do in order to take part in the FIRST resurrection. THEIR resurrection will not be until the literal 1000 years reign of Jesus is finished.
Now just briefly a little more about the Greek word that is translated as a THOUSAND years in Revelation 20 referring to the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus. Please read the following verses.
“For a THOUSAND YEARS in YOUR sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.”
2 Peter 3:8
“ But, beloved, be NOT ignorant of this ONE thing, that ONE DAY is with the Lord AS a THOUSAND YEARS, and A THOUSAND YEARS AS ONE DAY.”
And the CONTEXT of 2 Peter 3:8 is speaking of the yet coming DAY of the Lord to let us know that the WRATH of God comes BOTH before this LITERAL DAY of the Lord and AFTER this LITERAL DAY of the Lord that is spoken of as being a THOUSAND YEARS long.
So I ask you dear child of God is the WRATH of Almighty God going to be a LITERAL WRATH of God? Then the DAY of the Lord is also a LITERAL DAY that will without fail take place yet in the future. So why then do you not believe that the 1000 year reign of Jesus is a LITERAL 1000 years that will START AT the LITERAL VISIBLE SECOND COMING of Jesus tat is yet in the future.
Now I personally do not care if you spiritually interpret this LITERAL thousand year as being a a hundred BILLION years. My point is this no matter how long this LITERAL DAY of the Lord is it will NOT START UNTIL the LITERAL VISIBLE SECOND COMING of Jesus when he comes to GATHER TOGETHER his ELECT to take part in the FIRST resurrection where we will all be CHANGE and given LITERAL IMMORTAL FLESH and BONE BODIES to rule and reign WITH him for HOW ever long you personally INTERPRET what that Bible plainly states as being a THOUSAND YEARS.
Think this through for YOURSELF dear child of God. IF SO BE that we are ruling and reigning NOW in this PRESENT world do YOU have and IMMORTAL body right NOW? I think not, I know that I do not.
THINK this through for YOURSELF clearly knowing that SATAN shall be BOUND DURING this LITERAL DAY no matter how long you conclude this LITERAL period of time to be can you HONESTLY say that Satan is BOUND right NOW in this PRESENT world where the Bible itself teaches us that he is the god of this present world?
Think this THROUGH for yourself. Are there still yet WARS in this PRESENT world that ALL preterist CLAIM is some kind of NON LITERAL period of an unspecified number of years that they CLAIM we are living in RIGHT NOW?
Now read the TRUTH, the very word of Almighty God HIMSELF that clearly and plainly teaches us that when Jesus comes again that the nations of the world will be TAUGHT to NOT LEARN WAR any more and all the weapons of war will be burned and or be beaten into plowshares or farm implements. Has this ALREADY happened at any time in history? Do you truly believe seeing how the world has grown worse and worse from the day of Jesus to this present day that the world in IMPROVING and is getting better with each passing day as some CLAIM that it will. I mean it has already been nearly 2000 years since 70 AD and it has NOT gotten any better yet. But rather it has gotten worse like that days of SODOM and GOMORRAH just like Jesus said it would right before his LITERAL VISIBLE SECOND coming.
Not only are there still yet WARS, but also Bible teaches us the people in their MORTAL bodies DURING this so called unspecified number of years that preterist CLAIM that we are living in NOW will live to be a FULL 100 years of age where not one single person will die before they live out their entire 100 years of age. So then, IS EVERY single person living to be 100 years of age NOW in this PRESENT world?
NO they are not! So then. the ONLY LOGICAL CONCLUSION that any RATIONAL person can draw is that PRETERISM both FULL, PARTIAL, and any other form are ALL a FALSE teaching plain and simple.
So then, once you my readers and seekers of the TRUTH, come to that realization that ALL preterism is FALSE, then you will UNDERSTAND that there MUST be ANOTHER WAY to interpret all the verses USED by those who teach preterism use to TRY and support what they teach.
In the remainder of this study in God's word we will take a CLOSER look at all the verses that I myself have been made aware to clearly show those who are TRULY seeking the TRUTH that here are indeed OTHER WAYS to interpret those seemingly hard verses that some of you right now are STRUGGLING with having trouble to see any other way than what the preterist teaching has dogmatically demanded them to mean CLAIMING that these is NO other meaning to these verses.
I have found during my research that even preterists themselves do NOT WANT to believe in preterism just like many Calvinists do NOT WANT to believe in Calvinism. But because they have been DECEIVED by the enemy as to what some verses truly teach they struggle not wanting to believe what they are understanding these verse to say, but they must accept it as being the truth, because they KNOW that the word of God does NOT CONTRADICT itself not realizing that it is their own interpretation of some of these verses that is causing that contradiction in the first place. You will understand what I am trying to say as you continue to read this study in God's word exposing the ERRORS of INTERPRETATION made by those who teach PRETERISM.
FULL preterists, who believe that the SECOND COMING of Jesus was FULFILLED in 70 AD use Matthew 10:23 as one of their proof text to try and prove that Jesus would return BEFORE his disciples could even finish preaching the gospel in all the cities in Israel. We will first read Matthew 10:23 taken OUT of context with the Preterist's FORCED meaning on this ISOLATED verse and then we will take a closer look at what this verse is truly saying in he LIGHT of the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
“But when they persecute you in this city, flee you into another: for verily I say unto you, You shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, TILL the Son of man BE COME.”
Now the preterists dogmatically demand that this verse is speaking of the SECOND coming of Jesus that was FULFILLED in 70 AD.
The very notion or conclusion that this text even alludes to the SECOND COMING of Jesus is shown to be a FALSE conclusion by the mere FACT that such a CONCLUSION would then clearly imply that Jesus KNEW when his coming again would be.
I mean THINK this trough for yourself dear child of God. IF SO BE that one INTERPRETS Matthew 10:23 to mean without fail that Jesus is speaking of his SECOND COMING, then this would consequently mean as well that Jesus KNEW the day and the hour of his COMING. But the word of TRUTH clearly teaches us that Jesus did NOT KNOW the day and hour of his COMING so it is NOT possible for this verse in Matthew 10:23 to be speaking of the SECOND COMING of Jesus.
Please read Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:
So then, seeing that the PRETERIST INTERPRETATION CONTRADICTS other parts of God's word, then we must conclude that their INTERPRETATION is FALSE and therefore we must look for a better interpretation that does NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word.
Now that you can see that the preterist interpretation CONTRADICTS other prats of God's word let us now take a look at some OTHER interpretations to see if they will AGREE with the WHOLE word of Almighty God without any contradictions.
One such interpretation says that Matthew 10:23 is NOT speaking of the SECOND COMING of Jesus but rather is referring to the KINGDOM of HEAVEN that Jesus was preaching was AT HAND. Please read Colossians 1:13, which teaches us that BELIEVERS in Jesus Christ are TRANSLATED into the KINGDOM of the Son of Almighty God the Father the very MOMENT that we BELIEVE. So then, the KINGDOM of Jesus actually came on the day of PENTECOST when the church BEGAN and NOT in 70 AD as the preterist CLAIM.
“Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has TRANSLATED US us into the KINGDOM of his dear Son:”
Now please understand that no one would be translated into the KINGDOM of the Son of Man UNTIL Jesus SUFFERED and DIED on the cross, which had NOT happen as yet in Matthew 10:23. In other words, the KINGDOM of the Son of Man had NOT yet COME and would ONLY could AFTER Jesus had suffered and died on the cross and was raised from the dead. In Matthew 10:23 the KINGDOM of God was AT HAND about ready to come.
So then, Matthew 10:23 was indeed FULFILLED in that GENERATION that was alive in the day of Jesus, but NOT in the WAY that prestist dogmatically demand, in that this verse is speaking of the SECOND COMING of Jesus. People are still yet ENTERING INTO the KINGDOM of God to this present day. In other words, Matthew 10:23 was INITIALLY fulfilled on the day of PENTECOST and continues to be fulfilled each and every time some is TRANSLATED into the KINGDOM of God by BELIEVING on Jesus.
Can you not see the folly of the logic or PRETERISM and how flawed it is my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ? Did not Jesus say in Matthew 24:14 that the END would NOT come UNTIL the GOSPEL be preach unto ALL the WORLD?
“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto ALL NATIONS (and NOT to just the CITIES that were in the ONE NATION of Israel as Matthew 10:23 clearly states. So then the gospel MUST without fail be preach to ALL the NATIONS of the ENTIRE world); and THEN shall the END come.”
And even this verse is NOT speaking SOLELY of JUST the SECOND COMING of Jesus, but also refers to those being TAUGHT of the Lord DURING the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus where the END comes ONLY after the LAST enemy DEATH is destroyed in the lake of fire.
Well I believe that I have given those who are TRULY seeking the TRUTH enough evidence on this particular verse in Matthew 10:23 for you to see that the “PRETERIST” interpretation is a FALSE teaching that should be rejected so let us move on to the next verse that preterists use to try and prove their theology.
The next verse that the Preterists use is Matthew 16:28, which again they take OUT of CONTEXT to try and prove that Jesus has ALREADY returned in 70 AD.
“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”
As I have said many times that any verse when taken OUT of CONTEXT and viewed ALONE and APART from the REST of God's word may SEEM to be saying something that it is NOT TRULY saying. Also I might add that some verses used by those who teach FALSE teachings of any kind are at times deliberately twisted and FORCED to say what they are not truly saying in order to support that particular false teaching for the gain of filthy lucre or profit fleecing the flock. This is sad to say but it is true. But I do not believe this is the case with the false teaching of pretersim. The preterist I have talked to seemed very sincere wanting ONLY to know the TRUTH.
So then, let us now read this verse 28 in Matthew 16 that is in question by reading Matthew 16:13-28 with verse 28 being KEPT IN it's CONTEXT this time to learn the TRUE meaning of this verse in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
Please read Matthew 16:13-28, where Jesus asked his disciples what the people were saying as to who he was. And then he asked his disciple who THEY themselves believed Jesus to be?
“When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his DISCIPLES, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14. And they said, Some say that thou are John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias (Jeremiah), or one of the prophets.
15. He said unto them, But whom say YOU (asking ALL of his disciples) that I am?
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the CHRIST (the ANOINTED ONE of God, the MESSIAH), the SON OF the living God. (This is important to UNDERSTAND the TRUE meaning of verse 28. Almighty God the father has REVEALED to Peter that Jesus IS the anointed one that the SCRIPTURES have PROPHESIED to COME. The UNDERSTAND that Jesus is that ONE that they have been LOOKING for to COME.)
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona: (WHY? Why does Jesus tell Peter that he is BLESSED?) FOR (or BECAUSE) flesh and blood has NOT revealed it unto you (meaning that the doctrines of MEN have NOT revealed this TRUTH to you), BUT (or but RATHER) my Father which is in heaven (or but rather it was Almighty God HIMSELF who has REVEALED this TRUTH to you that Jesus IS the CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE, the MESSIAH who was foretold to COME who is the SON OF the living God).
18. And I say ALSO unto you, That you are Peter, and upon THIS ROCK (WHAT ROCK? What ROCK is Jesus speaking of here? We have THREE choices. The rock is Peter. The rock is Jesus being the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God, which is the TRUTH. The rock is the REVEALED TRUTH that is given to us BY Almighty God HIMSELF) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (To me, I myself see the ROCK and being the REVEALED TRUTH, which INCLUDES the REVELATION KNOWLEDGE that Jesus IS the CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE prophesied to come, the SON OF the living God)
19. And I will give unto YOU (Jesus is speaking to ALL his disciples INCLUDING US his church who have believed on the WORDS of the disciples of Jesus. In other words, Jesus is saying, I will give YOU my disciples, my CHURCH) the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever you shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Now some other false teachers will TWIST this verse to CLAIM that they ALONE are the ONE TRUE church and the ONLY church that can trace there roots all the way back to PETER who they CLAIM is the first POPE who ALONE was given the KEYS of the kingdom of heaven that was handed down from pope to pope all through the history of the Roman Catholic church, so therefore according to THEM there can be NO salvation OUTSIDE the Roman Catholic church. You see HOW verses can be taken OUT of context and FORCED to say what they are NOT TRULY saying)
20. Then charged he his DISCIPLES that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ. (Jesus was speaking to ALL his disciples and NOT to just Peter alone. And WE who BELIEVE in Jesus through the word of these early disciple in the day of Jesus are the disciples of Jesus as well. So the KEYS of the kingdom belong to ALL believers in Jesus. Enough said on that false teaching. Let us get back to the subject of this study which is to show the errors of interpretation made by preterists. I want you to FOCUS on these early disciples of Jesus BEFORE Jesus went to the cross. You see dear child of God these early disciples AT that moment in time did NOT UNDERSTAND all the prophecy of the OLD Testament. These early disciples did NOT know that it was prophesied for their MESSIAH to SUFFER and DIE on the cross for their sins and for the sins of eth WHOLE world. All these early disciples of Jesus understood at that moment in time that it was just REVEALED to them by Almighty God himself the Jesus was the CHRIST, the ANOINTED one whom they have been LOOKING FOR to COME. And then Jesus drops a BOMBSHELL on them in the following verses that they were NOT willing to accept right off so Jesus had to REBUKE Satan who was LYING to them.)
21. From that TIME forth (this is a TIME defining moment specifically stating that from that moment forward) BEGAN Jesus to show unto his disciples, HOW that he must go unto Jerusalem, and SUFFER many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be KILLED, and be RAISED AGAIN the third day.
22. Then Peter took him, and began to REBUKE him (Jesus), saying, Be it far from you, Lord: THIS SHALL NOT BE unto YOU.(me paraphrasing in my OWN words what might have been going on the mind of Peter, 'NO Lord this cannot be, you cannot DIE, you are the MESSIAH how can it be that you are going to die? We have waited so long for your coming and now you are telling us that you must suffer and die. This shall NOT be done unto you for you are our MESSIAH')
23. But he (Jesus) turned, and said unto Peter, Get you behind me, Satan: you are an OFFENSE unto me: for you savor NOT the things that be of God, but those that be of men. (FALSE teaching is an OFFENSE to Jesus. You see dear child of God, when those who LISTEN to SATAN the DECEIVER to NOT embrace the TRUTH of God's word and heap to themselves teachers who will teach them goodly and pleasant things that will TICKLE their ear they are an OFFENSE to Jesus. Please understand that it is not that the PERSON who is the offense, but rather the LYING doctrine of devils that is the OFFENSE to Jesus. Peter was being DECEIVED by Satan by NOT accepting the TEACHING of Jesus telling his disciple what their Messiah MUST do, but BEFORE Jesus could explain the WHOLE matter Peter went ballistic on Jesus refusing to before his MESSIAH. This is WHY it is SO important that Christians hear the WHOLE matter before they take off running with a teaching that they have heard that TICKLES their ear. It is also vitally important that Christians hear the WHOLE matter BEFORE the judge prematurely that a teaching is FALSE lest they jump to the WRONG conclusion and continue to believe a FALSE teaching that they sincerely believe in the truth. So PLEASE dear child of God hear me out to hear the WHOLE matter.)
24. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. (basically these two verses are saying in simplicity that it is NOT about what YOU want, but rather it is about what Almighty God the Father was ordained to BE so if you want to receive eternal life in the world to come you must obey the will of Almighty God the Father and NOT follow the LIES of Satan, who desire to DECEIVE you with what pleases YOU.)
26. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father WITH his angels; and THEN he shall reward every man according to his works. (this is speaking of the SECOND coming of Jesus at the END of this present age or world at which TIME Jesus will reward the FAITHFUL believers in HIM with eternal life in the world to come and grant them to sit on his Father's throne WITH him to rule and reign for a LITERAL 1000 years in his Father's kingdom ON the EARTH)
28. Verily (or TRULY or of a TRUTH) I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his KINGDOM.”
Now this verse 28, the verse in question has several meanings or interpretations where SOME points of the interpretation seem valid, but all the questions surrounding this verse are not truly answered to my satisfaction based upon the WHOLE word of God.
One such interpretation is that Jesus is saying that there will be some in the FUTURE STANDING right there where his disciples were standing who will NOT taste of death when Jesus comes again.
Now while this interpretation has some truth in it, to ME it does not answer all the questions that I myself have concerning this verse being left in it's CONTEXT.
So then for ME, I myself am leaning more toward three other different interpretations of verse 28 that do not contradict any other part of God's word and where together they answer ALL the questions surrounding this verse.
In other words, there are THREE other meanings or interpretations of verse 28, where ALL THREE meanings are TRUE and where ALL THREE meanings do NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word. And where all three meaning better answer all the question surrounding this verse.
The first of these other three meanings of verse 28 is that Jesus is speaking of his KINGDOM, referring to this PRESENT church age where the gospel is yet being preached in all the world, but more SPECIFICALLY Jesus is directing his words to the early disciples who were living in the day of Jesus who would NOT die until AFTER Jesus went to Jerusalem to SUFFER and DIE on the cross first to ESTABLISHED the coming of the KINGDOM of heaven, which was AT HAND ready to be revealed or come on the day of Pentecost. In other words, Jesus is NOT speaking of his SECOND COMING where the disciples of his day would NOT DIE PHYSICALLY and therefore be alive at the SECOND COMING of Jesus.
But rather Jesus is speaking of his and ALL disciples of NOT TASTING the STING of death and how this could NOT happen TILL they were PERCEIVING of UNDERSTANDING the coming kingdom, the CHURCH AGE that would come ONLY if Jesus himself SUFFERING and DIED on the cross FIRST.
AND also that these early disciples would not die PHYSICALLY until the saw Jesus coming in his KINGDOM speaking of the CHURCH AGE after the cross. This will all become clearer as you read the next two other meanings of verse 28, where all these meanings tie together.
The second meaning of this verse 28 is that Jesus is indeed speaking of his SECOND COMING, but NOT that some who were alive in his day would NOT DIE PHYSICALLY before they saw the Son of Man coming AGAIN at the END of the age.
You see dear child of God, there are verbs used in every language that are what grammar teachers call SUBJECTIVE verbs. A subjective verb has a CONDITION within the passage being spoken that must be met BEFORE the action of that verb will take place.
For example if I were to say that “I will COME and take the trash out WHEN the trash can is FULL”, then you should understand that I am NOT going to COME and take the trash out TILL the trash can is FULL.
With this subjective verb in mind let us now take a close look at the LITERAL translation of verse 28, for you see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, there are times that the TRANSLATORS do not always translate the original text as accurately as they should have been translated.
The LITERAL translation of Matthew 16:28 says,
“Amen (or truly) I am saying to you (,) are ANY of the ones here having stood WHO ANY not no should be tasting death till ever they may be perceiving the Son of the human coming in the kingdom of him (?)”
You can verify this LITERAL translation by clicking on the word LITERAL and then clinking on then LINK. This is a free online Interlinear literal translation of the Bible both Old and New Testament that I myself use.
The short and SIMPLE true understanding of this verse 28 is that Jesus is TEACHING his disciples that UNTIL they PERCEIVE or truly UNDERSTAND the coming KINGDOM of the Son of God that they will INDEED TASTE the STING of DEATH.
Keep in mind the words, of Jesus to Nicodemus where Jesus is teaching him that he cannot SEE or UNDERSTAND the KINGDOM of heaven TILL we are BORN AGAIN. Then with that in mind remember the CONTEXT of Matthew 16:28, where TWO things are specifically being spoken.
#1. Jesus is telling his disciples that their Messiah MUST DIE and they are NOT receiving this revelation very well. They are not SEEING the coming kingdom, the CHURCH AGE. They are NOT UNDERSTANDING that their Messiah MUST SUFFER and DIE first to bring about this coming kingdom that is at hand. So Jesus is telling them in Matthew 16:28 basically saying to them WHO of you standing here is NOT going to taste of death till WHOSOEVER of your or they may be PERCEIVING the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.
Now some may be wondering why I added the word “WHOSOEVER” to the LITERAL translation. The reason that I added the word whosoever is to add clarification like any good translator would do. You see, the translators use the word “EVER” rather than the word “WHOSOEVER”, but to me the word “EVER” does not clarify the passage of scripture as well as the word “WHOSOEVER”.
In other words the UNDERSTOOD SUBJECT of WHO of you or who of they, as in, till ever who of they shall perceive the kingdom of Jesus shall not taste death is NOT as clear to me as who is there of any man who will NOT TASTE of death TILL WHOSOEVER perceives the FIRST coming of Jesus in his kingdom.
The Greek would translated as “EVER” in the LITERAL translation and that is LEFT OUT all together in most other translation means ever as well as “WHOSOEVER”. The Greek word is “AN” and the Strong's number is 302. My Strong's concordance makes that statement that this word is DIFFICULT and NOT easy to translate and that this word indicates a CONDITION and goes on to give it's FIRST meaning as the word “WHOSOEVER”. If you are not quite following what I am saying keep reading, because it will all tie together when all the evidence is considered. Remember always to consider the WHOLE matter before you jump ship and SINK.
#2. Jesus is telling his disciples that they must LAY DOWN their own LIFE and follow him if so be that they are going to be able to perceive the KINGDOM of heaven coming. In other words, Jesus is basically saying that to be a disciple of Jesus one must DIE to self, and if they do not die to self, then shall ANY who does not die to self and follow Jesus NOT taste of DEATH? Basically Jesus is telling his disciple to SHUT UP and LISTEN to the WHOLE matter saying get you behind me SATAN to Peter who was NOT BELIEVING the teaching of Jesus, because it was NOT PLEASING to his ears.
Let me write this the way that we would say it now in our day rather than in Old English lie most all translation have it written. Today we would say something like, There is not any here that shall NOT TASTE of death UNLESS they come to UNDERSTAND that the Messiah must bring in his kingdom by first SUFFERING and DYING on the cross and UNTIL you SEE or UNDERSTAND the kingdom of the Son of man there is not one of you who shall NOT taste of death. Jesus used the words COMING in his KINGDOM because the kingdom of the Son of God had NOT YET COME and would NOT come UNTIL Jesus went to the CROSS.
Remember the words of Jesus saying if you do NOT believe that I am HE, then you shall DIE in your sins, meaning that ANY of WHOSOEVER is standing who does NOT believe that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God shall DIE in their sins. The disciples did indeed understand THAT ONE PART of the matter, but they had NOT heard the WHOLE matter as yet, which was that the Messiah MUST DUFFER and DIE in order for the KINGDOM that WAS at hand to be ushered IN on the day of PENTECOST.
And the third meaning of this verse 28 is speaking of believers IN Jesus not TASTING the STING of death when they DIE. Further this verse can mean as well that believers will taste of death in the way of being placed back into their resurrected bodies right before their CHANGE to their new immortal bodies takes place. In other words, all believers in Jesus pass from death to life the very moment that they die physically and their soul and spirit go to be present with the Lord to WAIT for their BODILY resurrection AT the SECOND COMING of Jesus. It is AT the SECOND coming of Jesus that the DEAD in Jesus Christ actually TASTE of death being reunited with their resurrected old physical body that will be CHANGED in a moment and in a twinkling of an eye to become an IMMORTAL BODY of FLESH and BONES just like Jesus has NOW.
You see dear child of God, the WHOLE word of TRUTH teaches us that the graves will open and their dead bodies will come forth out of the graves and God will put bone together with bone and cause FLESH to come back on their bones and then their FLESH and BONE BODIES will be CHANGED in a moment and in a twinkling of an eye to become IMMORTAL FLESH and BONE BODIES just like Jesus has NOW up in heaven seated at the right hand of his God and Father.
First we will read in Ezekiel that teaches us of a BODILY resurrection and then we will come back to Luke chapter 24 where we are clearly taught that Jesus was raised from the dead and then GIVEN a FLESH and BONE immortal BODY never more to die.
Please read Ezekiel 37:1-14, which clearly teaches us that ALL things are POSSIBLE will Almighty God who created us by his SPOKEN WORD.
“The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2. And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. (In other words, there were VERY MANY very dry bones covering the land all around not being connected together as a complete skeleton, but rather all mixed up seeming impossible for MAN to arrange them together not knowing what bone belongs to what skeleton.)
3. And he said unto me, Son of man, CAN these bones LIVE? (Some preterists say NO! And dogmatically demand that there is NOT going to be a BODILY resurrection of the dead in Jesus Christ. BUT what does the word of TRUTH teach us?) And I answered, O Lord GOD, YOU KNOW.
4. Again he (Almighty God) said unto me, PROPHESY upon these bones, and say unto them, O you dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5. Thus says the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I (Almighty God your creator) will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall LIVE:
6. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up FLESH upon you, and cover you with SKIN, and put BREATH in you, and you shall LIVE; and you shall know that I am the LORD.
7. So I PROPHESIED as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. (Ezekiel was seeing a VISION of the YET COMING BODILY RESURRECTION of the dead, but more specifically the RIGHTEOUS dead or God's people who were slain for their testimony of Jesus and the word of God.)
8. And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the FLESH came up upon them, and the SKIN covered them above: but there was NO breath in them.
9. Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus says the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these SLAIN, that they may LIVE.
10. So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the BREATH came into them, and they LIVED, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
11. Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the WHOLE house of Israel (speaking of the Christians and the Jews being made ONE people): behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.(our HOPE is the SECOND COMING of Jesus and our reward of ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come, and the HOPE of the Jews is the COMING of their MESSIAH to RESCUE them from being completely destroyed by their ENEMY the Islamic Muslim armies who are seeking to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.)
12. Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. (again our hope is our BODILY resurrection so we can have peace KNOWING that whether we remain alive until the COMING of Jesus or we DIE we KNOW that we shall LIVE and reign with Jesus and forever be with the Lord. And the HOPE of the Jews is the WORD of God assuring them that they will be resurrected and LIVE again. Now it is not clear to ME if the Jews will be resurrected before the literal 1000 year reign of Jesus to go into the 1000 year reign of Jesus in their MORTAL bodies to be taught of the Lord, or if the Jews will be resurrected AFTER the 1000 years have expired where the REST of the dead are resurrected in order to be judged according to their works. The NEW Testament seems pretty clear that ONLY the dead IN Jesus Christ will take part in the FIRST resurrection, but it also appears from this and other verses that the Jews will resurrected as well to go into the 1000 year reign of Jesus in their MORTAL bodies having a life span of 100 years.)
13. And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have OPENED your GRAVES, O my people, and brought you UP OUT of your GRAVES,
14. And shall put my SPIRIT in you, and you shall LIVE, AND I shall place you in your own land: then shall you know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, says the LORD.”
Now some prophecy teachers use this passage of scripture to teach ONLY that it means the RESTORATION of the Jews to their land of Israel, but in TRUTH this passage of scripture is speaking of our LITERAL BODILY RESURRECTION. I do however see how some can INTERPRET this last verse to mean that the Jews, the people of God who were scattered all over the world will be brought back to their homeland Israel, which was FULFILLED in 1948.
But just like the preterist who dogmatically demand a SINGLE one time fulfillment of Matthew 24 to mean that ALL was fulfilled in 70 AD, there may be the danger that some FUTURISTS might also be DECEIVED and start dogmatically demanding that since they teach that this verse was FULFILLED in 1948 then this verse cannot possible mean anything other than the RESTORATION of Israel as a nation in 1948.
The truth of the matter is that many verses in the Bible have MORE than just ONE meaning and MORE than just ONE fulfillment. We will cover some of the more simple easy to see passages where SOME of the prophecy is fulfilled in history, but yet there still REMAINS the REST of that prophecy to BE fulfilled in the FUTURE.
For now I want to go back to the New Testament in Luke chapter 24 to show you that Jesus HIMSELF was indeed raised from the dead with his BODY and then Jesus ASCENDED into heaven to his God and Father where Jesus was GIVEN a NEW GLORIFIED IMMORTAL BODY of FLESH and BONE never more to die. And then Jesus DESCENDED back down to the Earth and appeared to his disciples for forty days showing them that he was indeed resurrected from the dead never more to die by many INFALLIBLE PROOFS the Bible says.
Let us start with Luke 24:1-53.
“Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher (the tomb of grave where the dead BODY of Jesus was buried), bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
2. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulcher.
3. And they entered IN (or they wen INSIDE of the TOMB were the dead BODY of Jesus had been laid and where the tomb was SEALED with a large stone and Roman guards were set to watch the tomb for three day to make absolutely sure that no one stole the dead BODY of Jesus), and found NOT the BODY of the Lord Jesus.
4. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek you the LIVING among the dead?
6. He is not here (neither Jesus NOR his dead BODY was there), but (he speaking of Jesus) is risen (BOTH the spirit AND the dead BODY of Jesus was resurrected from the dead): remember how he spoke unto you when he was yet in Galilee, (Remember how Jesus spoke saying that he would raise up the TEMPLE in three days speaking of his BODY made WITHOUT HANDS and not the temple at Jerusalem. See John 2:19-22.)
7. Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
8. And they remembered his words,
9. And returned from the sepulcher, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.
10. It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.
11. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.
12. Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulcher; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.
13. And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
14. And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
15. And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus HIMSELF drew near, and went with them. (NOT some “spirit” or some “ghost”, but rather Jesus HIMSELF. NOT some VISION or apparition, but Jesus HIMSELF. Not some SPIRIT being without a BODY, but Jesus HIMSELF.)
16. But their eyes were holden that they should not know him. (in other words God for what ever reason kept their eyes from recognizing Jesus for a little longer)
17. And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that you have one to another, as you walk, and are sad?
18. And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Are you only a stranger in Jerusalem, and have not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
19. And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
20. And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
21. But we TRUSTED that it had been HE which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
22. Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulcher;
23. And when they found NOT his BODY, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was ALIVE.
24. And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulcher, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw NOT.
25. Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe ALL that the prophets have spoken:
26. Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
28. And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29. But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
30. And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31. And their EYES were OPENED, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight. (Now some will argue and say that they had seen a VISION, but it truth they had seen the LITERAL FLESH and BONE BODY of Jesus, which has many features that our natural MORTAL bodies do not have and ONE of those features of our NEW glorified SPIRITUAL BODIES of FLESH and BONE will be that we can to VANISH right before the very eyes of mortal people just like Jesus did during these forty days that he showed himself ALIVE by many infallible proofs the Bible says.)
32. And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
33. And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34. Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon.
35. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread. (Jesus said when ever we partake of communion we REMEMBER his SUFFERING and his DEATH)
36. And as they thus spoke, Jesus HIMSELF stood in the midst of them,(so in a like manner that Jesus VANISH he now APPEARED seemingly out of nowhere and STOOD in their midst) and said unto them, Peace be unto you.
37. But they were terrified and afraid, and SUPPOSED that they had seen a SPIRIT (or a GHOST).
38. And he (Jesus HIMSELF) said unto them, Why are you troubled? And why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39. Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I MYSELF: handle me, and see; for (or BECAUSE) a SPIRIT has NOT FLESH and BONES, as you SEE me HAVE.(So then, the FIRST FRUIT, Jesus our Lord was resurrected in his physical body that he would NOT allow Mary Magdalene to TOUCH saying that he had NOT YET ASCENDED to HIS God and his Father, but the hear we see that Jesus NOW has a LITERAL FLESH and BONE BODY that he is ASKING his disciples to TOUCH. So this tells me that Jesus was given his NEW IMMORTAL LITERAL BODY of FLESH and BONE when he ASCENDED into heaven and then came back to the earth. My point is that as Jesus IS so shall WE BE at his SECOND COMING. Jesus was NOT raised and given a SPIRIT or SPIRITUAL body like some FALSELY teach.)
40. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet.
41. And WHILE they yet believed not for joy, and wondered (or WHILE they were still PROCESSING this miracle), he said unto them, Have you here any MEAT?
42. And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43. And he took it, and did EAT BEFORE them. (as ANOTHER PROOF that he was indeed ALIVE in a FLESH and BONE BODY that could enjoy food just as they)
44. And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that ALL things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be PREACHED in his name among ALL nations, beginning at Jerusalem. (and NOT is just the CITIES in Israel, which was NOT preached repentance and the REMISSION of SIN, but rather was only preached the KINGDOM of heaven is AT HAND. You see dear child of God it was NEEDED that Jesus SUFFER and be crucified on the cross and be resurrected after the third day in order to BRING IN the KINGDOM of God. Please understand that the kingdom of has not yet come in COMPLETION where ALL prophecy has been fulfilled. Any one who tells you other wise is DECEIVED. When one BELIEVES the gospel and accept the TRUTH that Jesus is the SON OF the living God whom Almighty God the Father made to be both Lord and CHRIST, and that Jesus died for their sins and that Jesus was RESURRECTED from the dead after three days are then TRANSLATED into the KINGDOM of the Son of God. We are no longer OF this world, BUT we are still yet LIVING IN this present world LOOKING for the SECOND coming of Jesus to bring in the NEW world they is YET to COME where we will LIVE and REIGN WITH Jesus for a LITERAL 1000 years.)
48. And you are witnesses of these things.
49. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry you in the city of Jerusalem, UNTIL you be ENDUED with POWER from on high. (speaking of being FILLED with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking of other tongues and the Holy Spirit gives utterance.)
50. And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
51. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
52. And they worshiped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
53. And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.”
Now in the above passage of scripture it is made perfectly clear to any who has eyes to see that the resurrection of Jesus was indeed without fail a BODILY resurrection where the EYE WITNESSES of Jesus felt and TOUCHED our Lord's FLESH and BONE BODY. They WITNESSED Jesus EATING. So to the early disciples of Jesus and the early church there was NO DOUBT that the resurrection of Jesus was a BODILY resurrection of a FLESH and BONE BODY.
But some say HOW can this be seeing that other verses tell us that FLESH and blood CANNOT enter into heaven?
Please read 1 Corinthians 15:50, which has confused some Christians.
“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and BLOOD cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither does CORRUPTION inherit incorruption.”
First please notice that this verse says flesh and BLOOD as opposed to saying FLESH and BONE cannot inherit the kingdom of God. The Bible says that LIFE is in the BLOOD and without the SHEDDING of BLOOD there is no remission of sins or no FLESH can be saved or justified by the OLD covenant law of Moses.
Also the Bible speaks of FLESH as be CORRUPTION where those who walk after the FLESH being DISOBEDIENT to the gospel cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
But mainly this verse is speaking of our CHANGE were God will give us a NEW glorified IMMORTAL BODY of FLESH and BONE like Jesus has now. Our NEW resurrected BODIES will NOT have BLOOD in them that can be shed. The LIFE of our new resurrected IMMORTAL BODIES will be given to us by Almighty God just as he gave his Son Jesus to have LIFE within himself. I believe that our new glorified BODIES of FLESH and BONE will be similar to the angels, which can appear and disappear, fly and be translated from one place to another in an instant.
Please read John 5:24-29 where we are clearly and plainly taught the Jesus was GIVEN immortality by his god and Father the one true and only Almighty God.
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(or they will not TASTE the STING of death if and when they TASTE death in the “NATURAL” normal way. The Bible tells us that AT the SECOND coming of Jesus that some will have remained ALIVE unto his COMING. Then we read in 1 Thessalonians 4 that those who have DIED as faithful believers in Jesus shall be RAISED from the dead and then we are have survived and have remained ALIVE shall be CHANGED along WITH the dead in Jesus Christ. And then we will all be CAUGHT UP together into the AIR or the atmosphere of the earth where the clouds abide to meet Jesus is the AIR. Now Jesus is NOT going to be omnipresent everywhere in every place in the air all around the earth, but rather the Bible says that the ANGELS will GATHER us together from all over the world and TAKE us to meet Jesus at the place called ARMAGEDDON where Jesus will fight against the Islamic Muslim armies that are fighting against Israel. Please read the study "COULD ISLAM BE THE MARK OF THE BEAST?")
25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming (yet FUTURE), and (or and ALSO) now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. (the NOW IS speaks of both the spiritually dead who hear the gospel and BELIEVE shall be raised from their spiritual death to a new life in Jesus Christ and given the promise of eternal life that will be granted to them ACCORDING to their WORKS. And the NOW IS also refers to Jesus and us his church being GIVEN the power and the authority to raise the dead in this PRESENT world where they are restored back to the life that the ENEMY STOLE from them. In other words, anyone who is resurrected in this way will DIE again. But the TWO and ONLY two resurrection yet to come the dead are raised to be JUDGED. In the FIRST resurrection that takes place AT the SECOND coming of Jesus it is ONLY those who are IN Jesus Christ who shall be GIVEN ETERNAL LIFE to live and REIGN WITH Jesus in the LITERAL 1000 year reign. Then the REST of ALL the dead meaning ALL the wicked from Adam to the end of the final war of Gog and Magog at the END of the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus shall be raised along WITH the RIGHTEOUS who DIED DURING the LITERAL 1000 year reign of Jesus. So the second and only other resurrection that takes place AFTER the literal 1000 year reign of Jesus has expired will be comprised of BOTH the wicked from ALL ages and the RIGHTEOUS who were in their MORTAL bodies have ONLY DIED DURING the 1000 year reign of Jesus. In other words, the dead IN Jesus Christ were ALREADY given ETERNAL LIFE at SECOND COMING of Jesus IMMEDIATELY before the literal 1000 year reign of Jesus never more to die again. The Bible clearly teaches us that the SECOND DEATH will have NO POWER over those who are found to be that good and faithful servant when they died or when Jesus comes again, which ever comes first. So to us a Christians it is no matter whether we live of die, for we KNOW that we shall be RESURRECTED and given new IMMORTAL BODIES of FLESH and BONE just like Jesus has now.)
26. For (or BECAUSE) AS the Father has life in himself; so has he GIVEN to the Son to have life in himself;
27. And has given him authority to execute judgment ALSO, BECAUSE he is the Son of man.
28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the GRAVES shall hear his voice,
29. And shall COME FORTH (much like Lazarus came forth from the dead, THEN comes the JUDGMENT); they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
Now Christians have interpreted this verse APART from the REST of God's word and thus have WRONGLY concluded that the second and final resurrection that take place at the END of the literal 1000 year reign of Jesus is the resurrection of DAMNATION ONLY. But this is NOT what the WHOLE word of God teaches us. You can see how just ONE small error in INTERPRETING the word of God can lead to CONTRADICTIONS. Not that the word of God itself contradicts itself, but rather the INTERPRETATIONS of some who teach FALSE doctrines CONTRADICT other parts of God's word. This is HOW we KNOW that certain doctrines are FALSE. It is because they do NOT AGREE with the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
So then, for a FULL preterist to dogmatically demands that the FIRST RESURRECTION has ALREADY past and was FULFILLED in 70 AD is to DIRECTLY CONTRADICT other parts of God's word. It is NOT the verses themselves that they are using that contradict other parts of God's word, but rather it is their INTERPRETATION of those verse that CONTRADICT other parts of God's word.
For example to INTERPRET that the SECOND COMING and the FIRST RESURRECTION of the dead IN Jesus Christ has ALREADY taking place in 70 AD is to CONTRADICT Hebrews 11:39,40 where we are clearly taught that ALL the saints in the Old Testament as well as all who have died being IN Jesus Christ during the this PRESENT church age all the way to the SECOND COMING of Jesus at the END of this PRESENT age are IN heaven now under the altar AWAITING their promise to be clothed with IMMORTALITY at the SECOND COMING of Jesus.
“And these ALL,(speaking of ALL the saints in the Old Testament who were raised with Jesus and taken to heaven, but also includes ALL the dead IN Jesus Christ as well) having obtained a good report through faith, received NOT the PROMISE (speaking of the PROMISE of ETERNAL LIFE that ALL believers in Jesus will RECEIVE at his COMING TOGETHER at the SAME TIME just like 1 Thessalonians 4 also clear teaches us):
40. God having provided some better thing for US (speaking of ALL believers in Jesus), that they (those believer who have died IN Jesus Christ who are now PRESENT with our Lord being under the altar in heaven AWAITING their reward of ETERNAL LIFE) WITHOUT US (speaking of us who are yet alive) should NOT be made PERFECT.”
In other words, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the FIRST RESURRECTION of the dead IN Jesus Christ to have already taken place in 70 AD or at ANY time in history, because the word of TRUTH clearly teaches us that we ALL will RECEIVE our PROMISE of ETERNAL LIFE to be made PERFECT or COMPLETE TOGETHER.
In Hebrews 11:39,40 we are plainly taught that THEY, the dead in Christ. will NOT be made perfect of COMPLETE WITHOUT US who are alive and remain unto the COMING of Jesus.
And in 1 Thessalonians we are clearly and plainly taught that WE who are alive and remain unto the coming of Jesus will NOT receive our reward of ETERNAL LIFE UNTIL the DEAD IN Christ rise FIRST and TOGETHER we will be caught up to meet our Lord in the AIR and NOT taken back to heaven as the PRE and MID tribulation, and pre wrath doctrines falsely teach. They do ERROR not discerning the TRUTH that the time of Great tribulation is NOT the WRATH of Almighty God. Please read the study “THE GREAT TRIBULATION VERSUS THE WRATH OF GOD!” for all the scriptures that prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that the WRATH of Almighty God is NOT the time of great tribulation. But for now let us stay on track and continue this study at hand.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
“But I would not have you to be IGNORANT, brethren, CONCERNING them which are asleep, that YOU sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. (meaning that those who die WITHOUT believing in Jesus have NO HOPE in taking part of the FIRST resurrection AT the SECOND COMING of Jesus. BUT we as believers do have this BLESSED HOPE of our BODILY RESURRECTION to receive our reward of ETERNAL LIFE in the WORLD yet to come.)
14. For IF we BELIEVE that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep IN Jesus will God bring with him. (Almighty God the Father will come WITH his Son Jesus at the SECOND coming of Jesus, but Almighty God the Father himself will remain in his Tabernacle in the heavens. Whether that be outer space in the orbit of the earth or whether it be in the sky over Jerusalem I myself have not discerned as yet. The main point for now is that those saints who are now presently under the altar in heaven will be brought BACK to the earth AT the SECOND COMING of Jesus)
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are ALIVE and REMAIN unto the COMING of the Lord shall NOT prevent them which are asleep. (or those of us who are BELIEVERS in Jesus who will have survived and remained ALIVE unto the second coming of Jesus will NOT go BEFORE the dead in Jesus Christ.)
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise FIRST: (this is speaking of the FIRST RESURRECTION spoken of in Revelation chapter 20 where the ALL Christians who have died being IN Jesus Christ INCLUDING ALL the Christians who will yet be BEHEADED DURING the time of GREAT tribulation who received NOT the MARK of ISLAM shall be raised FIRST. This speaks of a BODILY resurrection, because the dead in Christ are NOT DEAD, but rather they are ALIVE and CONSCIOUS under the ALTAR up in heaven AWAITING their CHANGE. Again I IMPLORE you to read the study "CCOULD ISLAM BE THE MARK OF THE BEAST?")
17. THEN WE which are alive and remain shall be CAUGHT UP TOGETHER with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the AIR: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”
Speaking of comforting all believers who have loved ones who believe in Jesus that have died that no matter if we LIVE or if we DIE we KNOW that we will LIVE AGAIN and forever be with our Lord. This passage of scripture does NOT teach a PRE tribulation rapture of the church. Please read all the studies that I have on this subject of the second coming of Jesus to be rooted and grounded in the word of TRUTH that will always expose the ERRORS of false teaching.
There is one more verse that preterist use to try and prove their theology, which teaches us that the KINGDOM of God will come WITHOUT OBSERVATION and thus they conclude that the terms every eye shall SEE the coming of Jesus MUST without fail be speaking of some kind of SPIRITUAL seeing and NOT a LITERAL seeing.
Well let us go to the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible and see if their INTERPRETATION is a correct interpretation or a false interpretation. Always remember that ANY interpretation that is CONCLUDED must AGREE with the WHOLE word of God, and if any interpretation does NOT AGREE with the WHOLE word of God, then that interpretation is NOT the CORRECT interpretation and therefore must be throw aside or rejected as being a FALSE teaching.
The verse that preterists refer to is Luke 17:20, which we will first read OUT of it's CONTEXT.
“ And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God comes NOT with observation:”
Now obviously the kingdom of God that was at hand did NOT come without observation to those whose eyes were OPEN to SEE the Jesus was indeed the CHRIST the anointed one which was prophesied to COME. However, the kingdom of God did indeed come WITHOUT observation to those who REFUSED and REJECTED Jesus as being their Messiah. And the SAME is still yet true today where NON believers cannot SEE the kingdom of God it is FOOLISHNESS to THEM, but to US the gospel is the power of God unto salvation.
You see dear child of God you must consider WHO is DEMANDING proof from Jesus as to when the kingdom of God will come. It was the UNBELIEVING Pharissees who were demanding that Jesus tell then when the kingdom of God would come. You also have to remember that at that particular time Jesus had NOT YET died of the cross and rose again so the kingdom of God was only AT HAND at that moment in time. The only message at that point in time was that kingdom of God was AT HAND ready to come, which we now know as being the CHURCH AGE.
In truth there was a TRANSITIONING time where in part the kingdom of God was already there being IN Jesus himself, but Jesus had NOT yet gone to the cross and risen from the dead so that the kingdom of God could COME and be IN BELIEVERS UNTIL Jesus ascended to the Father after his resurrection and then came back to show himself ALIVE for forty days. Please read the study “THE POWER AND THE AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER!” where I explain the TRUE meaning of the MANSION that Jesus died on the cross to PREPARE for us so that Almighty God the Father could come and DWELL IN us as he was ALREADY DWELLING IN his Son Jesus.
Do you remember the words of Jesus saying WHY he must go away and prepare a place for us? Jesus went on to say, so that YOU may be where I AM right now, which is having the Father DWELL in ME. Jesus said the Holy Spirit is WITH you NOW, but he SHALL be IN you speaking of the day of Pentecost. But the day of the true Pentecost would not come UNTIL Jesus suffered and died and was raised from the dead.
So then, the FIRST stage so to speak of the kingdom of God came without observation to ONLY those who did NOT BELIEVE that Jesus was the CHRIST. Well if the FIRST coming of Jesus was WITHOUT OUT OBSERVATION to those UNBELIEVERS, then t make sense that the SECOND COMING of Jesus will come upon those who DO NOT BELIEVE as a THIEF in the night as well.
And this is exactly what the whole word of God clearly and plainly teaches us. The UNBELIEVERS will NOT OBSERVE the RETURN of Jesus, but the those of us who are WATCHING and LOOKING for his RETURN will SEE the SIGNS of his coming and KNOW that our redemption draws near.
That is what the TRUE meaning of this verse means. It does NOT mean some kind of SECRET INVISIBLE coming as some falsely teach. The truth of the WHOLE matter is that the entire WORLD will literally SEE the second coming of Jesus. Now SOME may view the second coming of Jesus as some kind of alien invasion and the armies will turn from fighting Israel to fight what THEY see as being attacked by UFO's
BEFORE you JUMP to the wrong conclusion that I am a mad man I implore you to read the study “WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT UFO'S?” Remember to hear the WHOLE matter lest you be found to be the fool.
My point is that Jesus says that the world will CONTINUE as they are now eating and drinking and marrying and be given in marriage going about their daily routine of serving mammon so they will NOT be looking for a MESSIAH, because in their mind they do not need to be saved. However WHEN they will indeed LITERALLY SEE the Son of man COMING in great clouds of glory SOME will indeed call upon the name of the Lord to be saved and God will save them ALIVE in their MORTAL bodies to go into the literal 1000 year reign of Jesus to be TAUGHT of the Lord.
Now if there are ANY verse that I have missed that you are struggling over please do not hesitate to write to me and tell me why that verse is troubling you.
Even though this study is quite long for SOME I still feel led to write more TRUTH that many of you may already know. What I am referring to are the Old Testament prophesies of a LITERAL paradise right here ON the earth that has NOT yet happened at any time in history to this present day so it is still yet FUTURE.
Please read Isaiah 2:2-4, which clearly teaches us that there is yet coming a time when all the nations of the world will beat their swords into plowshares and pruning hooks and NOT learn WAR any more.
“ And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3. And many people shall go and say, Come you, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will TEACH us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. (Are people going up to Jerusalem every year to kept the ONE FINAL feast of tabernacles? No they are NOT, because we are NOT in the Millennial kingdom yet! Some may try and argue that this is just speaking of the JEWS, but when we read this SAME prophecy in Micah in a moment we see that it is speaking of the NATIONS plural.)
4. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall NOT lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn WAR any more.”
So DURING this yet coming age the will be NO WAR and men will not learn WAR and more during time age, because SATAN will be BOUND during this age. But when this age has EXPIRED Satan will be LOOSED for a little season and once again DECEIVE the nations to make WAR one last time.
Now if you still want to CALL this age some kind on NON LITERAL 1000 years of and undetermined of unspecified number of years, then that is YOUR interpretation, but I myself will call this yet coming age the 1000 year reign of Jesus just like it says in Revelation chapter 20.
Now some may try and argue that the NATIONS here is just speaking of ISRAEL. Well if that is YOUR opinion what about Micah 4:1-3, which specifically identifies that some of these NATIONS as being A FAR OFF.
“ But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
2. And MANY nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
3. And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations AFAR OFF; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall NOT lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn WAR any more.”
No matter how hard one twists the scriptures these verses have NOT been fulfilled as yet. And to ME there FULFILLMENT fits in PERFECTLY with a LITERAL 1000 years reign of Jesus that BEGINS at the LITERAL VISIBLE SECOND coming of Jesus. To try and place this yet coming age anywhere else only causes many, many CONTRADICTIONS in some other part of God's word.
Some try and place the second coming of Jesus at the END of this yet coming age of paradise on earth, but the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus will rule and reign DURING this age. Then they try and argue that Jesus will rule and reign AFTER this yet coming age of paradise on earth. But yet the word of TRUTH teaches us that the FINAL JUDGMENT will take place after this age of paradise on earth and God will create a new heaven and a new earth when Almighty God himself will rule and reign seeing that Jesus will COMMIT his father's kingdom BACK into his Father's hands at the END of this age of paradise on earth. Therefore there will be NO 1000 year reign AFTER the 1000 year reign.
So NO a thousand time NO dear child of god that SECOND coming of Jesus can NOT possibly be at the END of the 1000 year reign of Jesus where he is SUPPOSEDLY going to reign for another 1000 year reign that is NOT even spoken of anywhere in the Bible.
The ONLY view that does NOT contradict ANY other part of God's word is the PRE-MILLENNIAL teaching that places the SECOND coming of Jesus BEFORE a LITERAL 1000 year period of tie where Jesus will rule and reign for a LITERAL 1000 years.
Now please read Isaiah 65:17-25 where we see that those living in the MORTAL bodies during this age of paradise on earth shall live to be 100 years of age and there will be NO one who will die prematurely, but will live their full 100 years.
“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18. But be you glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20. There shall be NO MORE thence an infant of days, NOR an old man that has NOT FILLED his days: for the child shall die an HUNDRED YEARS OLD; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23. They shall not labor in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their OFFSPRING with them.
24. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall NOT hurt nor destroy in ALL my holy mountain, says the LORD.”
Now some will argue and say that this is speaking of the ages to come AFTER the 1000 year reign of Jesus where God will create a new heavens and a new earth.
If their INTERPRETATION is true, then ETERNAL LIFE does NOT mean ETERNAL LIFE, because the people being spoken of in this passage of scripture will only live to be 100 years of age. Their days shall be as the trees. Well I do not know of any trees that live FOREVER.
Also notice that these people will have OFFSPRING and Jesus said that in the RESURRECTION we shall be as the angels in heaven that neither marry nor are given in marriage. So OBVIOUSLY these people have NOT YET been RESURRECTED, because they are still having OFFSPRING.
I know that I was teach CONTEXT, context, context and the new heavens and the new earth is indeed in the context, but this is NOT the ONLY rule of interpretation. We just saw by COMPARING scripture with scripture that this age cannot possibly be the new heavens and the new earth, because there are MORTAL people living in this age having OFFSPRING. So what is the answer? How do we resolve the CONTEXT?
We resolve the context by interpreting this passage of scripture with the REST of God's word. For example we KNOW that there will be TWO resurrections, but in the PROPHECY of Daniel there APPEARS to be only ONE resurrection. So are we going to take that ONE scripture in Daniel and refuse to interpret it in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God? No of course not. So WHY then are some of you still holding on to the FALSE teaching of PRETERISM?
Please read Daniel 12:1,2 where it APPEARS that both the dead IN Jesus Christ and the WICKED will be resurrected in this ONE resurrection.
“And AT THAT TIME shall Michael stand up, the great prince which stands for the children of your people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and AT THAT TIME your people shall be DELIVERED, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall AWAKE (or be RESURRECTED from the dead), some to EVERLASTING LIFE, and some to shame and everlasting contempt (speaking of the destruction of the wicked and the SMOKE of their torment arising forever being a repulsive aversion to keep the righteous from ever turning away from God ever again).”
Then Jesus shares a little more showing us that there are indeed TWO resurrections, but still they SEEM to be at the SAME time. Please read John 5:29.
“And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of LIFE; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of DAMNATION (or resurrection of JUDGING or JUDGMENT where they will be cast into the lake of fire).”
But how would we know the fate of the wicked without the REST of God's word. You see it is only when we have ALL the pieces of the puzzle that we can paint the ACCURATE picture of TRUTH, the WHOLE truth and NOTHING but the TRUTH.
So then, dear child of God the ONLY view or position of the interpretation of Bible prophecy that fits ALL the word of God is the POST tribulation PRE-MILLENNIAL teaching.
In conclusion if you have not understood what I myself believe, ALL preterism both FULL and PARTIAL is FALSE teaching right along with the PRE tribulation rapture teaching, the Mid tribulation rapture teaching, the PRE wrath rapture teaching and the post MILLENNIAL second coming of Jesus teaching.
Now it is TRUE that SOME things in the Book of Revelation have been fulfilled.
And it is true that the destruction of the temple was indeed FULFILLED in 70 AD, but it is NOT true that ALL of Matthew 24 was fulfilled in 70 AD as some preterist try to prove by twisting the scriptures. Now I do not believe that they mishandle the word of God INTENTIONALLY, but none the less that is what is taking place.
Thanks for reading and may God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE