JOHN 10:30 I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE!
Does John 10:30 where Jesus says that he and Almighty God the Father are ONE teach us that Jesus IS THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God in the FLESH as the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus dogmatically demand us to believe in order to be saved?
First of all to ME, if so be that Jesus truly MEANT that he was ONE and the SAME BEING as the ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, then to ME this would meant that Jesus was saying that he himself IS the FATHER, which would CONTRADICT what the doctrine of the trinity teaches where Jesus is NOT the Father and the Father is NOT the SON.
The reason that I say that whenever anyone says that Jesus is GOD, in that, they are MEANING that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE and ONLY God who is THE ALMIGHTY, then they are in TRUTH saying that Jesus IS the FATHER, because the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible IDENTIFIES the Father as the ONE GOD in 1 Corinthians 8:6 which says,
"But to US (referring to US as being Christians) there is but ONE God, the Father, (CLEARLY IDENTIFYING the Father ALONE as being the ONE God whom the early Christians taught as being the ONE and ONLY TRUE God who is THE ALMIGHTY the MOST HIGH God above all other gods including be God OVER his SON Jesus. So to US there is but ONE God who IS the FATHER) of whom are all things, and we in him; and ONE Lord Jesus Christ, (clearly identifying our ONE LORD as being our Lord Jesus THE CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God the Father who through his Son Jesus the Christ or) by whom are all things, and we by him."
But none the less many who teach the doctrine of the trinity use this verse and words of Jesus saying, "I and my Father are ONE" to try and prove that Almighty God is a “TRINITY” by Jesus being ONE and the SAME being as the Father, which again contradicts their own doctrine of the trinity that plainly states that Jesus is NOT the Father.
So then, let us begin this study in God's word to see what the word of TRUTH teaches us that being ONE with the Father actually and truly means in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. Please read John 10:30 in the context of where it is found.
John 10:17-39, which teaches us that Almighty God was DWELLING IN his SON Jesus and this is how they were ONE in that they AGREED as ONE. Jesus came to do the Father's WILL that SENT him.
18. No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again (Jesus has this power or the authority or the free WILL to lay down his like or NOT to lay down his life because God gave his SON his OWN WILL to choose freely for himself to obey his Father and lay down his life or disobey his Father's WILL by not laying down his life. Also Almighty God placed a JOY before his Son that if Jesus became OBEDIENT unto death on the cross HIS God and Father would not only raise his SON back to life, but also would GIVE his SON IMMORTALITY even as the Father himself has always had immortality AND Almighty God would HIGHLY EXALT his Son to sit on his Father's throne to rule and reign at his Father's right hand. Now those who teach that Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God INTERPRET this verse to mean that Jesus HIMSELF would raise HIMSELF from the dead. IF SO BE that this INTERPRETATION is true, then it should be known that ALL the POWER that Jesus has was GIVEN TO him BY HIS God and Father THE ALMIGHTY God. Please read the study “JOHN 2:19- DID JESUS RAISE HIMSELF FROM THE DEAD?”). This commandment have I received OF my Father. (in other words, God gave his Son Jesus the freedom to CHOOSE whether or not to OBEY his Father's will or to obey his OWN WILL.)
20. And many of them said, He has a devil, and is mad; why hear you him? (here we see that many of the JEWS were FALSELY ACCUSING Jesus of having a DEVIL and then in verse 33 below some of these same JEWS again FALSELY ACCUSE Jesus of making himself to be Almighty God HIMSELF)
21. Others said, These are not the words of him that has a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind? (but some of the Jews were starting to believe that Almighty God was indeed WITH this MAN Jesus because of the WORKS of healing that Jesus was doing through or by the power of Almighty God the Father DWELLING IN him)
25. Jesus answered them, I told you, and you believed not:(Jesus told them at the very beginning of his ministry when he went into the synagogue and read Isaiah saying that Almighty God had ANOINTED him to preach the gospel. Please see Luke 4:1-30) the WORKS that I do in my Father's NAME, they bear witness of me.
30. I and my Father are ONE. (in that Jesus obeyed his God and Father to do the WORKS that Almighty God the Father SENT his SON to do. Jesus and the Father are ONE in that they AGREE as ONE working for the SAME purpose. This how Jesus as well as we are IN the Father. We seek to do the WILL of God by obeying his word and the eternal Spirit that DWELLS IN us.)
33. The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone you not; but for blasphemy; and because that you, being a MAN, make yourself God. (the Jews CLEARLY saw Jesus as being a MAN and they were FALSELY ACCUSING Jesus of making HIMSELF to be THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the FATHER because Jesus simply said that he was the SON OF Almighty God. But Jesus speaks to his DEFENSE in the following verses saying that the very word of Almighty God himself says the YOU speaking of mankind are called gods, which simply means mighty ones who have been GIVEN authority over something by the Almighty God who created us. Also remember that some of these same Jesus just got through FALSELY ACCUSING Jesus of having a DEVIL. See verse 20 in this very CONTEXT.)
So then, what have we learned from the CONTEXT of John 10:30?
We have learned that Jesus was FALSELY ACCUSED of having a DEVIL as well as Jesus was FALSELY ACCUSED of making HIMSELF to be GOD. And we also learned that in BOTH of these FALSE ACCUSATIONS that Jesus DEFENDED himself saying that he did NOT have a devil and that he was NOT making himself o be God or EQUAL with God.
Number one Jesus himself said that the Father is GREATER than ALL, which we KNOW Jesus was saying that the Father is GREATER than the SON, because in John 14:28 Jesus spells this truth out for us in CLEAR, PLAIN, and SIMPLE words that do NOT need any interpretation whatsoever to clearly understand.
So CLEARLY Jesus never considered himself to be EQUAL with his God and Father who is THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY SOVEREIGN WISE and LIVING INVISIBLE God, who ALONE has IMMORTALITY as we are clearly taught in 1 Timothy 6:14-16 which says,
15. Which in his times (speaking of the first and second comings of Jesus) he shall show, (or Jesus shall show us the FATHER), who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate,(meaning that Almighty God the FATHER is the ONLY ALMIGHTY SOVEREIGN God who is GREATER than ALL and who is) the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16. Who ONLY has IMMORTALITY (speaking of who ONLY has always possessed immortality withing himself being the self existing one never BEGOTTEN, never created, but rather has ALWAYS existed as an ETERNAL SPIRIT that is INVISIBLE), dwelling in the light which NO man can approach unto; whom NO man has SEEN, NOR CAN SEE: (but yet men HAVE SEEN Jesus who is the SON OF Almighty God the Father and who is the EXPRESS IMAGE OF his God and Father.)to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen.”
Now some may try and argue that Jesus is called the King of Kings, and the Lord of lords and this fact is indeed true, but THE KING who MADE his SON Jesus to BE a King of kings is the God and Father OF his SON Jesus. Please read the study “Revelation 17:20 WHO IS THE KING OF KINGS?” for a deeper understanding that Almighty God the Father HIGHLY EXALTED his SON Jesus to BECOME the A King of kings, but Jesus is NOT THE King over his God and Father the one true and only ALMIGHTY KING over ALL including his SON Jesus.
So then, seeing that the word ONE in John 10:30 does NOT mean that Jesus was saying that he and the Father were ONE and the SAME BEING, then WHAT did Jesus mean when he said,
“I and my Father are ONE”?
Quite simply the Greek word that is TRANSLATED into English as the word “ONE” means to be UNITED as ONE and to AGREE as ONE. This same Greek word used in John 10:30 is also used in the following verses where we can clearly see the meaning of UNITY of TWO separate persons AGREEING as ONE and being UNITED as ONE, but yet remaining as TWO distinct individual separate persons:
#1. Matthew 19:3-9.
4. And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read , that he which made them at the beginning made them MALE and FEMALE, (just as a side journey MARRIAGE as instituted by ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF the CREATOR of ALL clearly and plainly states in his word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, that MARRIAGE is clearly defined as ONE MAN becoming UNITED together with ONE FEMALE. Almighty God never intended a man to marry another man nor a woman to many another woman. The TRUTH of the matter is that it is SIN for a man to have sex with another man and a woman to have sex with another woman. Please read the study “IS SAME SEX MARRIAGE BIBLICAL?”)
5. And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain (or the TWO) shall be ONE flesh (in that they become UNITED in marriage to live together as ONE couple or family and NOT that they LITERALLY become ONE and the selfsame PERSON. Now when a husband and wife come together to have a baby then the two literally produce ONE flesh or multiple babies in case of twins or triplets. But I myself do not see that this is what Jesus is speaking of in the CONTEXT of this passage of scripture which deals with MARRIAGE and DIVORCE)?
6. Wherefore they are NO more twain, but ONE FLESH (or in other words, the husband and wife are NO more TWO who are SINGLE, as in, being NOT UNITED together in MARRIAGE, but now the TWO have become UNITED as ONE person coming together in AGREEMENT for the same purpose and goal. This is what the Greek word “HEIS or HEN” means as being ONE). What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
9. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his WIFE, except it be for fornication,(where the WIFE commits adultery and the husband has always been FAITHFUL NOT to commit adultery then according to the law of Moses and Jesus the MAN ONLY is allowed to put away or divorce his unfaithful adulterous wife and remarry. But the wife must remain single and never ave sex with anyone, because she will be committing adultery as well as causing those whom she is having sex with to commit adultery as well. This is my own personal understanding of what this passage of scripture means to ME. Now the reverse of this I myself believe is equally as true. In other words if the WIFE is the one who has remained FAITHFUL and the HUSBAND is the one who has committed adultery, the the wife is free to divorce her husband and remarry, but the man must remain single and never have sex again lest he commit adultery and cause the woman he marries to commit adultery as well. Again this is what I MYSELF understand this passage of scripture to mean. Therefore for ME it would be a SIN if lets says my wife died and I knowingly and willing married another woman whom I KNEW was divorced OTHER than the reason of her husband cheating on HER while she herself remained faithful not to ever commit adultery. Again this is my OWN PERSONAL opinion.) and shall marry another, commits adultery: and whoso marries HER which is put away does commit adultery.”
This same Greek word “HEIS or HEN” that is used in John 10:30. where Jesus said,
“I and my Father are ONE (HEIS or HEN)”
Is also used by Jesus in John 17: when Jesus was praying to HIS God and Father for US to be ONE WITH the FATHER in the very SAME WAY that Jesus and the Father are ONE. In other words, IF SO BE that Jesus truly meant that he was ONE and the SAME BEING as ALMIGHTY God the Father, then WE as Christians are ALSO ONE and the SAME BEING as ALMIGHTY God the Father or we will become to be ONE and the SAME BEING as ALMIGHTY God the Father, IF SO BE, Jesus TRULY meant that he himself was ONE and the SAME BEING as his God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God.
But as we have already seen from Matthew 19:3-9 that this Greek word “HEIS or HEN” means to be UNITED and ONE where TWO come together in UNITY to AGREE as ONE.
#2. John 17:1-24
“These words spoke Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify your SON, that your SON also may glorify you: (here we see Jesus the SON OF Almighty God the Father praying TO his God and Father. So clearly they are TWO separate persons being Almighty God the FATHER and his SON Jesus where Jesus the SON is NOT the Father and Almighty God the FATHER is NOT his SON Jesus.)
2. As YOU have GIVEN him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as you have given him. (in other words, Almighty God the Father GAVE TO his SON the POWER to raise the dead because God desires and even commands us to HONOR the SON EVEN AS or in the SAME WAY that we HONOR the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the FATHER.)
3. And THIS IS life eternal, THAT they might KNOW YOU the only true God (Jesus came to SHOW us the FATHER to be the ONLY POTENTATE who ONLY has always had IMMORTALITY to be the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God who ALONE is the FATHER), AND Jesus Christ, whom YOU HAVE SENT. (Jesus never claimed to be the ALMIGHTY God. Jesus never ever made himself equal to his God and Father. Jesus always gave all the glory for who he was and what he had to his God and Father. And Jesus taught us that it is his Father's will that we must believe in the SON in order to have the Father. In other words, we MUST believe in BOTH in order to receive eternal life in the world to come. Therefore Jesus is NOT one with the Father in that Jesus IS the the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the FATHER).
5. And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was. (now some INTERPRET this verse to dogmatically mean that Jesus preexisted with Almighty God for all eternity never having a beginning. But to ME, the truth of the matter is that Jesus READ the word of God and the Holy Spirit lead and guided Jesus to the truth that the scripture spoke of him and being the CHRIST who was PROPHESIED to come. And Jesus saw the end from the BEGINNING and how he was brought up as one being with the Father before the world was. In other words, Jesus saw the glory that his God and Father desired to GIVEN to his Son for all eternity even before God ever had a Son or even before the world was ever created. You see, God made all this FOR the SAKE of his SON through or by speaking forth his own thoughts to form the IMAGE of what God was thinking in the form of his spoken WORD, which would then BECOME the EXPRESSED IMAGE of what God was desiring to BE. That is to say that Jesus came OUT FROM Almighty God's THOUGHTS to one day bring forth his only begotten SON into the world as the Son of MAN)
7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever YOU have GIVEN me are OF YOU.(If you read the word of God carefully and prayerfully you will clearly see that everything Jesus is or has was GIVEN TO him BY HIS God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God. ALL the GLORY goes TO the FATHER who has created ALL things for HIS PLEASURE and one of the things that pleased Almighty God was to BEGET himself a SON and not just one Son but many more sons and daughters THROUGH his ONLY UNIQUELY BEGOTTEN SON Jesus. And Almighty God LOVES US with the SAME LOVE that he loves his SON Jesus and desires us ALL to be ONE with his EVEN AS Jesus is ONE with Almighty God the Father.)
8. For I have given unto them the words which you GAVE me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came OUT FROM YOU, and they have believed that thou didst send me.(so clearly we all agree that Jesus came OUT FROM the very BEING of Almighty God and that it was the very self same spoken WORD OF Almighty God the was MADE or BECAME a HUMAN BEING in whom Almighty God himself DWELT IN to empower his SON Jesus to do the works that he SENT his SON to do AFTER his SON was BORN into the world as the Son of MAN. In other words, the SON did NOT actually come into existence as the SON OF Almighty God UNTIL the SON was BEGOTTEN of the Father into the world as both the Son of God and the Son of MAN leaving behind any and all deity or divine nature that the word was BEFORE the Word was MADE FLESH. Please read “PHILIPPIANS 2:6 A TRINITARIAN DILEMMA!”)
11. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, KEEP through your own name those whom you have GIVEN me, that (or so that) THEY may be ONE, AS WE ARE ONE. (so then, Jesus is either praying that we ALL become ALMIGHTY God the Father, OR Jesus is praying that we ALL may be found FAITHFUL so that Almighty God the Father will GIVE us IMMORTALITY ever AS the Father GAVE his SON Jesus the RIGHT to partake of the tree of life, BECAUSE his SON Jesus became obedient unto death on the cross and OVER CAME the enemy)
14. I have given them YOUR word; and the world has hated them, because THEY are NOT OF the world, EVEN AS I am NOT of the world. (this simply means that we are called to live without sin just as Jesus lived without sin)
16. THEY are NOT OF of the world, EVEN AS I am NOT OF the world. (some Christians interpret that Jesus came FROM HEAVEN and therefore was NOT OF this world, but here we see that WE are not of this world in the SAME WAY that Jesus was NOT OF this world. Now I myself do NOT ever recall ever preexisting with God in heaven from the beginning like some dogmatically demand that Jesus did simple because Jesus said of himself that he was NOT OF this world.)
18. AS you have SENT me into the world, even so have I also SENT them into the world. (now Jesus did NOT send US FROM HEAVEN INTO the world, but rather Jesus sent us OUT into the world, but yet when some read where God SENT his SON INTO the world, then they INTERPRET this to dogmatically mean that God sent his Son FROM heaven DOWN to the earth INTO the world and thus prove that Jesus was co eternal with Almighty God and never have a beginning.)
21. That they ALL (speaking of EVERY BELIEVER in Jesus Christ) may be ONE; AS YOU, Father, ARE IN ME, and I IN you, that THEY ALSO may be ONE IN US: that (or so that) the world may believe that you have SENT me. (the SAME Greek word “HEIS or HEN” is used here as it is in John 10:30 where Jesus said “I and my Father ARE ONE.”)
22. And the glory which you GAVE me I have given them; THAT (or so that or in order that) THEY (Speaking of EVERY BELIEVER in Jesus Christ) may be ONE (HEIS or HEN), EVEN AS WE ARE ONE: (so then, Jesus HIMSELF is praying that WE as Christian to be ONE with Almighty God the Father and his SON Jesus in the exact same way that Jesus and the Father ARE ONE right now. So then. IF you INTERPRET John 10:30 to dogmatically mean without fail the Jesus HIMSELF IS THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the FATHER, then you must ALSO INTERPRET John 17:1-24 in the exact same way, which would then make US TO BE THE ALMIGHTY God the Father as well. But I MYSELF do NOT interpret either passage of scripture a ONE meaning being ONE and the SAME being, but rather than being ONE means that we are UNITED as ONE where TWO or more come together to be ONE in AGREEMENT. This is what the Greek word in the original text means, to AGREE as ONE UNITED together for the same purpose.)
23. I in them, and you in me, that they may be made perfect in ONE; (we ALL are made to be ONE by walking in LOVE and in AGREEMENT being UNITED as ONE, but NOT being ONE and the SAME BEING. We are all mad to be a PART of the SAME body of Christ and we have ALL been GIVEN the SAME AUTHORITY in the NAME of Jesus, but we are NOT all ONE and the SAME BEING) and that the world may know that you have SENT me, and have loved them,(speaking of Almighty God LOVING US as believers) AS you have loved me.
24. Father, I will that they also, whom YOU have GIVEN me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have GIVEN me: for you loved me BEFORE the foundation of the world (now some Christians interpret this to mean that Jesus preexisted as a spirit SON of Almighty God who was BY his Father;s side before Jesus created the world and all things. But to ME the TRUTH of the matter is that Jesus only existed in the mind, plan, and desires of Almighty God BEFORE Almighty God created or recreated the world to one day on a certain day in the future to have a SON. Please read the study “DID JESUS HAVE A BEGINNING, but the thing that I want you to see right now is that everything that Jesus is or has was GIVEN TO him BY HIS God and Father the ALMIGHTY God.).”
#3. 1 John 5:7,8
Now this is much controversy over verse 7 by many Bible scholars through the years, as to whether the last part of verse 7 was added to some Greek manuscripts or whether it was taken away from other Greek manuscripts. But most Bible scholars today have come to agree that 1 John 5:7 was ADDED or inserted around 200 AD. As a commentary or a note explaining what that particular translator believed the original text was saying. This was around the same time when the doctrine of the trinity began to get a strong foothold in Christianity, but was very heavily debated as to who Jesus truly was and then was added to this debate as to who the Holy Spirit truly was. The forming of the doctrine of the trinity took many centuries even AFTER it was made an official teaching by the council of Nicaea in 315 AD.
Let us read this passage of scripture as it is widely known today particularly in the King James Version of the Bible and then we will take a closer look at the reason why many Bible scholars agree that this verse was ADDED to the original manuscript at first as an INSERTED NOTE explaining the text, but it was then copied as being part of the original text when the Latin Vulgate translation was made by the Roman Catholic church. The first Latin Vulgate translation or when LATIN first began to be used in writing books of the Bible was around 200 AD by a Christians writer named Tertullian. Latin was only used and understood by the well educated so it is MY OPINION as well as the opinion of others that the Roman Catholic church began using Latin so the common people could not understand what the Bible was saying. This way the leaders of the Roman Catholic church could control the many interpretations that were arising by dogmatically TELLING people what they were to believe whether it was correct or not.
1 John 5:1-13.
“Whosoever believes that Jesus is THE CHRIST is born of God: and every one that loves him that beget loves him ALSO that is BEGOTTEN OF him. (meaning that we love one another who are born of God, but also that we must love the only begotten SON OF Almighty God the Father to truly show that we do indeed love the Father. But the main point that I want you to see now is HOW many times the word of TRUTH teaches us that we must believe that Jesus is the SON OF Almighty God AND that Jesus is JESUS IS THE CHRIST or the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God in which the Father DWELT by sending his very own self same SPIRIT down when Jesus was baptized to DWELL IN his SON Jesus to ANOINT his Son or to EMPOWER his Son to DO the WORKS that HIS God and Father SENT his SON OUT into the world to do.)
6. This is he that came by water and blood , even Jesus CHRIST;(or Jesus the ANOINTED ONE) not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three ARE ONE. (The SAME Greek word that is translated as ARE ONE here in verse 7 is the SAME EXACT Greek word “HEIS of HEN” used in verse 8, but is TRANSLATED DIFFERENTLY as these three AGREE in ONE. Now after much research I myself have come to the conclusion that this was done by those who were pushing their man made doctrine of the trinity and therefore with great BIAS deliberately translated the Greek word “HEIS or HEN” differently, because they wanted verses in the Bible to support their doctrine of the trinity.)
8. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three AGREE in ONE. (this phrase “AGREE in ONE” is translated from the SAME Greek word “HEIS or HEN” that is used in John 10:30 where Jesus said, “I and my Father ARE ONE.” In other words, John 10:30 could and SHOULD have been translated as “I and my Father AGREE in ONE.” and there would be absolutely NO contradiction or misunderstanding of what Jesus truly meant when he said, “I and my Father HEIS or HEN.” To ME, it was the BIASED translators who wanted more support for their man made doctrine of the trinity who translated the Greek word “HEIS or HEN” in John 10:30 DIFFERENTLY than they did in 1 John 5:8.)
9. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his SON. (I myself have not found anywhere in the Bible where Almighty God testifies that his Son Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF. But I do find several places where Almighty God the Father has HIGHLY EXALTED his SON Jesus to BECOME a GOD to reign beside his God and Father at the Father's right hand on his Father's throne. You can chose to receive and believe the man made doctrine of MEN if you desire, but as for ME I am going to believe the witness of GOD the word of TRUTH by rightly dividing the word of God so that what I interpret to be the truth AGREES with the WHOLE word of Almighty God. And to ME the doctrine of the trinity definitely does NOT AGREE with the WHOLE word of God.)
13. These things have I written unto you that believe on the NAME of the SON OF God; that you may know that you have eternal life, AND that you may believe on the NAME of the SON OF God.( this verse is literally saying that these things are written to those who ALREADY BELIEVE that on the NAME of Jesus as being the SON OF God, so that they may KNOW that they have the PROMISE of ETERNAL LIFE abiding IN them, which will encourage them so that they will CONTINUE to believe on the NAME of the SON OF God.)”
Here are several translations of the Bible that have either deliberately OMITTED the last part of verse 7. OR they have chosen NOT to ADD something that was NOT in the manuscript from which they were translating. The truth of the matter is that there are over 5000 Greek manuscripts and ONLY 8 of these manuscripts have the ADDED last portion of verse 7 where the vast majority of these Greek manuscripts have nothing in them that say, “the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost these three are one”, But rather the majority of these Greek manuscripts simple say, “There are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the New International Version (NIV)
“For there are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the New Living Translation (NLT)
“So we have these three witnesses --”
1 John 5:7 from the New Revised Standard (NRS)
“There are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the New American Standard (NAS)
“For there are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the Common English Bible (CEB)
“The three are testifying-”
1 John 5:7 from the Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
“There are three witnesses -”
1 John 5:7 from the English Standard Version (ESV)
“For there are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the God's Word Translation (GWT)
“For there are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the Good News Translation (GNT)
“There are three witnesses:”
1 John 5:7 from the Holman Christian Standard (CSB)
“For there are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the Lexham English Bible (LEB)
“For there are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the New English Translation (NET)
“For there are three that testify,”
1 John 5:7 from the Darby Translation (DBY)
“For they that bear witness are three:”
1 John 5:7 from the Today's New International Version (TNIV)
“For there are three that testify:”
1 John 5:7 from the New Century Version (NCV)
“So there are three witnesses that tell us about Jesus:”
1 John 5:7 from the New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
“There are three that give witness about Jesus.”
1 John 5:7 from the American Standard Version (ASV)
“And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth.”
1 John 5:7 from the Bible in Basic English (BBE)
“And the Spirit is the witness, because the Spirit is true.”
1 John 5:7 from the Hebrews Name Version (HNV)
“It is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth.”
1 John 5:7 from the Revised Standard Version (RSV)
“And the Spirit is the witness, because the Spirit is the truth.”
1 John 5:7 from the World English Bible (WEB)
“It is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth.”
1 John 5:7 from the Weymouth New Testament
“For there are three that give testimony-- the Spirit, the water, and the blood;”
The King James Version is translation from what Bible Scholars call the “Texus Receptus” which is Latin for the “Received Text” or the Greek Text which some Bible Scholars accept as the only true manuscript. So the argument by King James ONLY advocates is that ONLY the Bibles that are translated from the Textus Receptus are received as true translations of the Bible, and more particularly ONLY the King James Version can be trusted. The King James only advocates claim that all the other Greek manuscripts have OMITTED in many places words from the original text.
My OWN personal OPINION is that in SOME instances I do agree that many “MODERN” translations of today have indeed OMITTED many words, phrases, and even whole verses that are NOT found in the King James Version.
Now whether or NOT they were OMITTED by these translations. OR whether they were ADDED by the King James Translation or more precisely whether or not they were ADDED to the “TEXTUS RECEPTUS” I myself cannot say, because I am not a Greek scholar.
BUT this one thing I do know, that whether they are ADDED or they are OMITTED, whatever meaning to the WHOLE word of God they ADD or TAKE AWAY must AGREE with the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
In other words, IF the doctrine of the trinity is NOT clearly and plain taught throughout the WHOLE word of Almighty God, but rather is ONLY clearly seen in 1 John 5:7, then I myself have concluded that is this case it seems very apparent that the last part of this verse was ADDED to the text as opposed to have been omitted by the other translations of the Bible. And I say this as being a faithful reader of the King James Version of the Bible. I myself recommend the King James Version over every other translation. I have found many flaws in these more modern translations. Please read the study “WHY THE KING JAMES VERSION?”.
However, when it comes to this particular verse there is definitely some “monkey shine” or “monkey business” going on. That is to say there most definitely seems to be some BIAS manipulation of the original text taking place when it comes to the doctrine of the trinity.
Never the less, whether ADDED or OMITTED it does not matter when the reader and seeker of the TRUTH reads and studies each verse in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of Almighty God and depends upon the Holy Spirit to lead and guide them into all truth.
For you see, when the Greek word “HEIS or HEN” that is used in John 10:30 and 1 John 5:7 is compared with the rest of God's word, then the MEANING of this Greek word is UNITY, where two or more come together being UNITED as ONE in AGREEMENT and SINGLENESS of mind and purpose.
In other words, once again John 10:30 and 1 John 5:7, IF SO BE it was NOT ADDED would be more accurately translated as follows:
“I and my Father AGREE as ONE.”
1 John 5:7,8
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three AGREE as ONE. (heis or hen)
8. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three AGREE in ONE. (heis or hen)”
And the reason that I say this is because this is the very MEANING of the Greek word “HEIS”or HEN”.
Here is what the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance says;
Strong's #1520 heis, which means one, single, first, agree,
Strong's #1775 henotes, which means unity.
Compare to Strong's #3391, mia, which means one, single.
Now this Greek word "MIA" seems to have to meaning as a SINGLE being, but this word also can mean AGREE as one.
The following definitions are taken from the Expanded Strong's Concordance. And like any good dictionary EXAMPLES are given in CONTEXT to convey different variations of what the word means in the context.
Definition 1. One in contrast to many. For example Matthew 25:15; Romans 5:18, “the offense of ONE”.
Definition 2. Metaphorically this Greek word means “UNION” and “CONCORD”. For example John 10:30.
Definition 3a. Single, excluding all others. Matthew 21:14
Definition 3b. One alone. Mark 2:7 Only Mark 10:18, Luke 18:19.
Definition 3c. One and the same. Romans 3:30 “God is one” That is to say there is NOT one God for the Jews and a different one God for the Gentiles, but rather they are one and the same God.
Also under definition 3c we see the true meaning of 1 John 5:7, which is literally “and the three are INTO ONE”. That is to say, UNITED IN ONE, the SAME WITNESS.
Definition 4. A certain one.
Definition 5. One, each other, one another, each, every one.
Definition 6. First, “first day of the week”.
So then, in the very definition of the Greek word “HEIS or HEN” we clearly see that John 10:30 is specifically chosen as and EXAMPLE to mean that Jesus the Son and his Father are ONE in that they are in UNION and CONCORD with each other. The word “CONCORD” means harmony agreement of interests, being in one accord. The root meaning of this word is being of the SAME MIND.
Jesus conformed his OWN will to BE the WILL of his Father. Jesus was TEMPTED NOT to do the Father;s WILL, but after Jesus AGONIZED in prayer Jesus said NOT MY WILL, but YOUR WILL be done. Jesus made his EYE of his FOCUS to be on not what he wanted, but what hos God and Father wanted. Jesus said in Matthew 6:21-24 that our eye or our vision or our view, the direction we are look toward, our FOCUS must be SINGLE.
22. The light of the body is the eye (or what we have in VIEW with be the light that guide us): if therefore your eye (or your viewer you point of focus) be SINGLE, your whole body shall be full of light.
23. But if your eye be evil (looking at the things of the old man or the things of the world), you whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is that darkness!
24. No man can serve TWO masters (in other words, we cannot serve the devil and sin and also serve Almighty God and his Son Jesus. We must choose whom we shall serve): for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”
The word “mammon”means riches, wealth, assets, things which we put or TRUST IN. This meaning widens when we consider that we sometimes put our TRUST in the CIRCUMSTANCES around us that we can SEE more so that we TRUST is what Almighty God PROMISES in his word to us. In other words, WITHOUT FAITH or complete TRUST we cannot SERVE God.
We must become ONE with God and his word have our eye SINGLE or FOCUSED ONLY upon what God says in order to over come the lies of the enemy Satan, the Devil. This takes discipline. Our minds need to be RENEWED with the word of God in order that we be transformed to the image of Jesus Christ that Almighty God wants us to become.
Jesus prayed for US to be as ONE with the Father EVEN AS Jesus and the Father are ONE. And I myself TRUST that Almighty God the Father will ANSWER his Son's pray to make us ONE with Almighty God and his Son Jesus.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. Below are some other verses that are used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus. There may be other verses which you may be having trouble seeing any other way than what you were dogmatically taught over and over for so long, but I assure you that each and every verse used by those who teach the doctrine of the trinity does indeed have a different meaning that does NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word. If there is a verse that I have not listed please do not hesitate to write and let me know. Some verse are included in others studies and they may not appear as an individual study.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
Verses used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST.