THE WORD WAS GOD
There has been much confusion and controversy among believers as to what this verse in John chapter one, verse one actually means.
Now the purpose of this study is NOT to be DOGMATIC with WHICH interpretation, or which TRANSLATION of this verse is the exact precise meaning, because there are several interpretations, which can clearly be seen logically. One interpretation may sound logical to one believe and make no sense at all to another believer.
So then, whatever interpretation brings YOU peace of mind having no struggles with contradicting other verses, then that is what is desired from this study in God's word, until Holy Spirit himself moves you to where he is leading you. What I mean by this is that I myself am not going to dogmatically demand that you must believe all I teach, but rather I will SHOW you WHY I myself cannot accept many of the interpretations that are in the church today.
The Bible itself does not contradict itself, but rather it is the interpretations being made by some Christians that is what contradicts other parts of God's word. Also there are many different TRANSLATIONS of the Bible, SOME of which to me are more correct translations than the King James Version even though I myself prefer the King James Version most of the time. So we need to interpret the controversial verses in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God.
Therefore I am going to take it slow explaining everything thoroughly and clearly leaving no doubt to those or you, who are truly seeking the truth of the whole word of God.
Lets us begin this study in God word by reading John 1:1 from the King James Version of the Bible.
John 1:1 from the King James Version.
“In the beginning was THE Word, and THE Word was with God, and THE Word was God.”
Please notice that I emphasized the word “THE” in this verse. We will get back to this in a moment, but first I what to skip down to John 1:14 and read it as well from the King James Version.
John 1:14 from the King James Version.
“And the Word was made FLESH, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
What does the Bible ITSELF say was made flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that God the Son was made flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that Jesus was made flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that the Son of God was made flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that the second person of the trinity became flesh?
Does John 1:14 say that an eternal divine Spirit being, who was WITH God at his SIDE that was named the Word, was made flesh?
WHAT DOES John 1:14 specifically state in simplicity without reading any interpretation into this verse?
WHAT does the Bible ITSELF specifically state as a FACT was made flesh in John 1:14?
Simply READ what the Bible ITSELF says was made flesh?
The Bible itself simple says that the “WORD” was made FLESH!
“And the Word (the “logos” ) was made FLESH, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
So then, WHAT is the logos or what is the “WORD”?
Is the Greek word “LOGOS” translated as the “word” a divine eternal Spirit being, who was WITH THE God at his SIDE, who WAS THE God that, who was named the Word having his OWN will, who was then sent down from heaven into the earth to manifest himself to become FLESH, but yet REMAINED fully THE DIVINE ETERNAL God at the SAME time having TWO natures, one divine and the other human?
This is what some Christians theorize with no scriptural support. These Christians claim that God created his WORD first before anything else, and then the Word created everything else.
Other Christians say NO absolutely NOT! And rather say that the Word was NOT created, but always existed WITH the God and God created everything BY his Word, which they have concluded to mean that the Word was a separate divine eternal Spirit person or being, who was God and who was WITH God at his side, who created all things.
Some Christians claim that this separate divine eternal Spirit being was named the Word, whether created or not created was WITH God, but was not yet God's Son.
Other Christians say no, and that the Word was the Son of God, the second person of the trinity Godhead called God the Son who has ALWAYS existed without a beginning.
But what does the Bible itself teach us?
The Bible itself simply states that the “LOGOS” translated as the word was WITH the God and NOT that the word was with the God at his SIDE. Also the Bible itself does NOT say that the word was THE God, but rather plainly states that the word was God.
Some may be thinking, well is not saying the same thing? What is the difference between saying the word was God and the word was THE God? To us, who speak English, we see these as meaning the same thing, but to the Greeks, speaking the Greek language they understood the DIFFERENCE between the word was God and the word was THE God.
Without getting into the Greek article THE just yet let me try and explain how important it is to understand leaving out or adding the article THE in a sentence. For example, let us say you have THE original document of the declaration of Independence and you have many COPIES of that original document. Now a copy of THE document is A document of the declaration of Independence, but it is NOT THE original document of the declaration of independence.
Now let us take a look at John 1:1 in the Greek word for word translation. The truth of the matter is that if John 1:1 is CORRECTLY interpreted form a correct translation as it is written in the ORIGINAL Greek language, then you will CLEARLY see that there is NO article with the SECOND Greek word “THEOS” as there is with the FIRST Greek word “THEOS”. Also you will see that there is nor direct article the before the word beginning and the original text simple say In beginning, as in, in “A” beginning and not in the beginning, as in, in the very beginning.
Let me again explain what I mean by this for those of you that may be hearing this for the first time. Suppose I have TWO pencils, but they are DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT pencils, in that, one pencil has a #1 lead in it, and the other pencil has a #2 lead in it. BOTH of them are PENCILS, but yet they are TWO DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT pencils, in that, they are not one and the SELF SAME pencil. Now if I ask you to please hand me THE pencil that has the #1 lead in it, then I am asking specifically for THE pencil with the #1 lead in it. But if I ask you to hand me A pencil, then either pencil would be correct.
In other words, if John 1:1 were CORRECTLY translated as it is CLEARLY stated in the Greek with the article on the FIRST word ONLY, then it would read as follows.
“In beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH THE GOD, and the Word WAS God.”
Now some will try and argue that I ADDED the word “THE”, but the truth of the matter is that the translator LEFT OUT the TRANSLATION of this DEFINITE article “THE”, because they thought it made better sense to them. Or they were BIAS to the doctrine of the trinity, for you see, some have clearly shown that the King James Version is one of the most BIAS translations supporting the doctrine of the trinity, but even so I myself still yet prefer the King James Version for to ME it shows BOTH ways, if so be, one is humble to seek the TRUTH of the whole word of God. To me it does not matter what translation YOU personally choose to study, but I would implore you to COMPARE the many different translations as well as the LITERAL word for word translations before you draw any final conclusions always considering the WHOLE matter and letting the Bible speak for ITSELF.
Let us take a look at what the original Greek actually looks like and actually translates word for word keeping in mind that the Greek word “theos” that is translated as “God” in English in the King James with a capital “G” is NOT capitalized in the original language.
In other words, “theos” is simply translated as “god”. The word god is simple a TITLE meaning a mighty one having power and authority. This is WHY the definite article “THE” is so important so that the Greek word “theos” can be known when the writer is speaking of THE GOD as opposed to a LESSER god, who is UNDER THE one TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God.
John 1:1 in the original Greek is as follows:
John 1:1 in the original Greek translated word for word is as follows:
“In beginning was THE word and THE word was with THE god and god was THE word.”
Another original LITERAL Greek translation of John 1:1 reads as follows:
“In beginning was the SAYING and the SAYING was TOWARD THE God and god was the SAYING.”
Please notice that there is NO definite article “THE” before the word “BEGINNING”. So therefore this verse does not mean THE beginning, as in, before all other beginnings, but rather that this was “A” beginning of many different beginnings.
Also please notice that the definite article “THE” does in fact appear before “LOGOS”, which is translated as THE Word, or the SAYING, or the DECLARATION of God. And that the definite article “THE” appears ONLY before the FIRST Greek word “THEOS”, which defines the SECOND Greek word “THEOS” to be a DIFFERENT “THEOS” from the first “THEOS”.
In other words, one interpretation or more correctly one TRANSLATION can be that there are TWO different “THEOS” being spoken of in John 1:1, who are SEPARATE form each other.
Yes one could interpret that THE god is THE “THEOS”, and thus conclude that since THE WORD is “THEOS”, then the word must therefore be THE God. But in truth the original text teaches us that only ONE theos is THE “THEOS”, or THE GOD and the other “THEOS” is “A” theos or “a” god.
And I believe that the WHOLE word of Almighty God AGREES with this interpretation or more precisely agrees with this correct TRANSLATION form the original text.
Now some Christians INTERPRET this verse in John 1:1 to mean that THE God is ONE and the SELF SAME being as THE WORD, which to me is also a correct interpretation.
However, to me this interpretation is NOT reversible where it can be dogmatically demanded that THE WORD IS THE ALMIGHTY God himself, in that, the WORD IS the GODHEAD, or the SUPREME authority OVER THE GOD. Let me say this another way to bring absolute clarity to what I am saying.
You see dear child of God, some INTERPRET John 1:1 to mean that JESUS IS THE Almighty God HIMSELF, because of John 1:14 where the Word was made FLESH, which we all KNOW is speaking of JESUS.
Therefore some WRONGLY conclude that since the Word became, or was made to become FLESH and we know that this FLESH is speaking of JESUS, then Jesus must be the WORD. And since John 1:1 says that the word WAS God, then they wrongly conclude further that this means that JESUS WAS God. And since Jesus WAS God and God never changes, then to THEM John 1:1 must mean without fail that JESUS IS THE ONE TRUE and only ALMIGHTY GOD HIMSELF. And since God never changes they dig themselves even deeper in ERROR to wrongly conclude that Jesus must without fail have been FULLY ALMIGHTY God and fully a man at the SAME time having TWO NATURES, one DIVINE and one HUMAN.
And thus they DENY the doctrine of CHRIST, because they have based one FALSE conclusion upon a FALSE ASSUMPTION and continue to do this until they have formed either the false doctrine of the trinity or the false doctrine of oneness, which BOTH deny the ONE doctrine that the BIBLE ITSELF clearly and plainly warns us NOT to deny lest we be ANTI CHRISTS or false teachers against the ANOINTING of God in the FLESH of his SON Jesus.
NO WHERE does the Bible ITSELF teach either the doctrine of the trinity or the doctrine of oneness. Both the doctrine of Oneness and the doctrine of the trinity wrongly teach that Jesus, as the Son of MAN, was FULLY Almighty God himself in the flesh having TWO natures, one DIVINE and one human. And this doctrine is called the Deity of Jesus being fully THE God during the days of his flesh. Bit WHERE are the verses that teach us that Jesus had TWO NATURES, one DIVINE and one human during the days of his FLESH?
So always INTERPRET the vague unclear verses in the LIGHT of the clear verses of undeniable statements of FACT with NO interpretation needed to know what they are saying. And then COMPARE what you have concluded to make sure your interpretation AGREES with the REST of God's word without having any contradictions.
Here again is the original word for word LITERAL translation from Greek to English where each corresponding Greek word is above the English translation.
en arch hn o logoV kai o logoV hn
“In beginning was THE logos and THE logos was
with THE god and god was THE logos”
Please notice that no one has ever had a PROBLEM with the translators ADDING the definite article THE between the words “In” and “beginning” when they translated the Greek to the English “In THE beginning...” EVEN when the definite article “THE” is NOT even IN the ORIGINAL text.
But when some one tries to be honest with the original text to CORRECTLY translated John 1:1 by simply putting the definite article “THE” in the English translation when it IS in fact IN the ORIGINAL text, then they get ACCUSED of adding to the word of God or changing the word of God to fit their own personal interpretation of John 1:1.
So be assured dear child of God, that I am NOT adding to nor am I changing the word of God, but rather I am just showing you, the reader and seeker of the TRUTH, what the ORIGINAL Greek text ACTUALLY says, when it is literally translated word for word.
Again please notice that there is NO definite article “THE” before the Greek word “THEOS” in the phrase
“...and the Word was God.”
This is WHY some translators CORRECTLY argue that since there is NO definite article “THE” before the phrase “God was the Word”, then the writer is IMPLYING that this is a LESSOR god and NOT THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God. Therefore some translators will ADD the indefinite article “a” in their more correct translation will read as follows:
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with THE GOD, and the Word was a God.”
In opposition to this more correct translation others argue that even if there is NO definite article you just cannot ASSUME that the writer intended for there to be an INDEFINITE article, which would then leave NO DOUBT that this Greek word “THEOS” is NOT THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God. And they are correct when one interprets any verse alone and apart from the rest of God's word.
So then, let us NOT ASSUME ANYTHING, but RATHER let us COMPARE scripture with scripture and see what the word of TRUTH itself CLEARLY and PLAINLY teaches us when we closely consider the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
In other words, what does the rest of God's word have to say about this second Greek word “THEOS” in John 1:1? Does the rest of God's word AGREE that this second “THEOS” in John 1:1 is “A” god, as in, another “THEOS”, who is under and subject to THE “THEOS”, the one true and ONLY ALMIGHTY God seeing that there can be only ONE God who is THE ALMIGHTY God.
Please read Hebrews 1:8,9, which is ALMIGHTY God the FATHER HIMSELF is speaking these words TO his SON Jesus.
“But unto the Son HE (where the word HE is referring to THE Almighty God, the FATHER speaking TO his SON Jesus and) says, Your throne, O God (or Your throne O “THEOS”, which can be translated as God OR god), is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom.
9. You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God (referring to THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God THE FATHER still yet speaking to his SON Jesus), EVEN YOUR God, has ANOINTED you with the oil of gladness above you fellows.”
Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST, the ANOINTED one OF Almighty God the Father, is a god who is UNDER and SUBJECT to HIS God and Father THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God. So how can Jesus be THE God, as in, the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God, when Jesus has THE God OVER him and he is SUBJECT and UNDER HIS God and Father?
Therefore IF one INTERPRETS John 1:1 as the WORD being a SEPARATE and DISTINCT BEING from THE God, and that Jesus HIMSELF PREEXISTED as the SECOND person of the trinity as THE WORD or as God the SON, who is equal with THE God in every way then they are NOT in AGREEMENT with the REST of God's word, because the WHOLE word of God CLEARLY and PLAINLY shows us that Jesus is “A” god, who is UNDER and who is SUBJECT to HIS God and Father, who ALONE is THE ALMIGHTY God.
Please remember what I Corinthians 8:6 clearly and plainly teaches us that to US, speaking of true born again believers, which is that there is but ONE GOD or more precisely there is but one ALMIGHTY and most HIGH God, who ALONE is the FATHER, AND to us their is also ONE LORD, who is Jesus the CHRIST, the ANOINT ONE of Almighty God.
This is WHY that, I myself must ask, is THIS INTERPRETATION of a PREEXISTING Jesus AS the eternal divine Son of God, who was WITH the God AT the God's side, the CORRECT interpretation based upon the WHOLE word of God? You see some Christians like the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus preexisted as the FIRST BORN of every creature, who was called or named the WORD, who was then used by God to create all OTHER things.
Then others INTERPRET John 1:1 to mean that Jesus preexisted as God the SON, who was NEVER brought forth into existence, but rather they say that God the SON has ALWAYS existed WITHOUT beginning who was WITH the Father and that God the SON created all things.
And yet others claim that Jesus, the Son, the Word was ONE and the SELF SAME divine eternal ONE God who is NOT a separate person apart form God, but rather a mode of manifestation of God BECOMING his Son so therefore to them Jesus IS the FATHER and the Father IS the SON Jesus as in ONE and the SELF SAME being.
But what does the Bible ITSELF teach us closely examining ALL the verse related to this subject of WHO IS JESUS? WHO is the ONE God? Is JESUS the ONE God? Is the WORD the ONE God? What does John 1:1 TRULY mean in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God? Lets us take one step at a time and firm draw the CORRECT conclusion at each step of the way so that we will NOT teach error but only the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God.
Here is 1 Corinthians 8:6 again.
“But to US there is but ONE GOD, THE FATHER, of whom are all things, and we in him; AND one LORD Jesus Christ, by (or more correctly translated as FOR or for the SAKE of) whom are all things, and we by him.”
So then, with the true understanding that the whole word of God clearly teaches us that the FATHER alone is the one true and ONLY Almighty God AND that Jesus his SON is the ONE Lord, then here is how John 1:1 should be translated, IF SO BE, one dogmatically INTERPRETS this verse claiming that it must without fail be speaking of TWO SEPARATE distinct persons as opposed to being ONE and the SELF SAME BEING. In other words, if YOU yourself INTERPRET John 1:1 to mean that the Word is a SEPARATE distinct person from Almighty God the FATHER, who was with the God AT the God's SIDE in eternity past, then the CORRECT literal translation should read as follows.
“In a beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH THE GOD, and the Word was a God.”
Now I say, IF SO BE, because I myself see yet another interpretation, which I will share with you further on in this study of God's word. But first I want you to see WHY these other translation do not agree with ALL of God's word. Yes in PART they agree, but there is a DEEPER meaning of John 1:1, which cannot be seen until you understand HOW THE ONE God has created ALL things. Again we will get to this further on in this in depth study of God's word. But for now one step at a time.
So then, in a SENSE, the Jehovah's Witnesses have correctly seen Jesus to be “A” God who is UNDER and SUBJECT to his god and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God. Please understand that I do NOT support the Jehovah's Witnesses in any way and I WARM my readers to NOT be deceived by their false teachings. But they do correctly translate John 1:1 as follows.
“In a beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH THE GOD, and the Word was a God.”
Let's continue this study in God's word by looking at this verse John 1:1 out of context of where it is found first, because this is the way in which those that teach the deity of Jesus and the doctrine of the trinity do. They take it out of the context from where it is found and focus upon this one verse alone and apart from the rest of God's word. This means that they do not consider the verses of scripture immediately around the verse in question, both before and after it. And I might add that it also means that the rest God's word is not considered or taken into account as well to see if there are any contradictions to the WHOLE word of God with THEIR INTERPRETATION.
So then, I am deliberately taking it out of context to illustrate to you that this verse can be INTERPRETED in ANOTHER way rather than DEMANDING that it means Jesus is FULLY God in the flesh and therefore EQUAL to Almighty God in EVERY way where neither is greater than or less than the other. Or to dogmatically demand that the phrase “the word was God” means that Jesus IS THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF. You see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, there are OTHER ways that other Greek scholars have translated this verse other than to dogmatically mean that Jesus is THE one true an ONLY ALMIGHTY God himself.
Here is the verse from John 1:1 taken from the King James Version, which is the version of the Bible that I personally choose to read from for myself, because I feel that the King James translation of the word of God has fewer errors than any other translation of the scriptures as a whole. No translation is without errors. Now I am not saying that the scriptures themselves contain error in their original language, but rather the TRANSLATION of the Holy scriptures contain errors and every translation has its' own errors.
Later on in this study we will look at many other translations as well to show you, the reader, and seeker of the TRUTH, that all translations are NOT the SAME and depending on which translation you read from will ultimately influence the way you believe, if you dogmatically hold to the belief that only the translation YOU read from holds all the truth and is without any error. Don't be deceived, every translation has its' own errors, but this does not mean that the Holy Spirit is not able to lead and guide you into all TRUTH. So listen to the Holy Spirit as you read Bible and as you read this study of God's word.
In other words, I may read something from the King James Version and you may respond in your mind by saying something like, “That is not what MY Bible says, so I am not going to believe it.” Now if there is truly a contradiction, then it is because of one of the INTERPRETATIONS or translations of the Bible being in error. OR it may be that our own understanding of the translation has caused the confusion, because God himself is not the author of confusion.
So then, let us reason together as we listen to what the Holy Spirit is teaching us while we lay aside our own beliefs that we have been previously taught. With that being said let us continue this study in God's word by reading John 1:1 from the King James Version of the Bible.
John 1:1 from the K.J.V.,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
Again there are some that teach that this verse is saying that Jesus IS THE Almighty God in the flesh. And their reasoning is this; THEY say or claim, “this verse plainly says that the Word, which we know is Jesus, because verse 14 says that the Word was made flesh, and we know that the FLESH is speaking of Jesus. So therefore since the FLESH IS speaking of Jesus in John 1:14, and the Word IS the FLESH, then the word IS JESUS.”
And then they REVERSE this logic saying since the Word was made FLESH and we know that flesh is speaking of Jesus then the Word is JESUS, and therefore this means that JESUS IS the WORD. Thus we can conclude that since John 1:1 says the WORD was God, then this means that JESUS IS God, because Jesus IS the WORD.
So then, by those who further conclude that Jesus IS Almighty God himself based upon this WRONG assumption that this process of the spoken word of God BECOMING flesh can be REVERSED or mean without fail that Jesus IS the WORD as opposed to CORRECTLY seeing that Jesus was brought forth or conceived in the womb of Mary BY the SPOKEN word or SPOKEN saying of Almighty God himself. Again I will explain what I mean by this further on in this study after we have gone over the ERRORS of translating John 1:1 OUT of CONTEXT.
So then, those who use this REVERSE theology go on to claim the following. “And since there is but ONE God then this means that Jesus is the ONE God. Therefore one must also conclude that since Jesus is the Word and the Word was God, then this proves that Jesus IS FULLY Almighty God HIMSELF in the flesh. And since there is only ONE God, then one must also conclude that Jesus must be the one true and only Almighty God, case closed, end of discussion”.
But is this truly what the WHOLE word of Almighty God teaches us? In other words is this truly good sound logical reasoning to draw such conclusions? Now granted on this surface this may seem to be a logical deduction. Especially when one focuses only this ONE verse ALONE being taken OUT of it's context or even with a few other verses APART from the context from which they are found as well by NOT taking into account the rest of God's word to see if their interpretation contradicts any other part of God's word.
You see dear child of God, one has to step back, closely examine the verse in question by reading the verses around the verse that they are trying to understand, and then take into account the WHOLE word of God to see if what they have come to understand contradicts any other part of God's word. This is the ONLY way we are able to come to the knowledge of the TRUTH. Please understand that ANY interpretation one places and any verse must without fail AGREE will ALL of God's word and if it does NOT then that INTERPRETATION is NOT the CORRECT understanding for that verse.
So then, if you take a closer look at this verse in John 1:1, which is seemingly the most widely used verse that is utilized to teach the doctrine of the deity of Jesus and the doctrine of the trinity, and the oneness doctrine, you will find that there are other ways to interpret this verse as well. But first let us examine these three man made doctrines to see how THEY INTERPRET John 1:1.
For you see those who teach the doctrine of oneness dogmatically demand that THEY only have the truth on this subject. While at the same time those who teach the doctrine of the trinity dogmatically demand that THEY have the truth on this matter. Now BOTH groups of Christians can NOT be correct because what they teach is the exact OPPOSITE of each other. So be dogmatic about what you have been taught to believe does NOT make what you believe to be the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God.
For example those that teach the DOCTRINE of “oneness” or Modalism say that this verse means that Jesus IS Almighty God the Father and Almighty God the Father IS Jesus, and that the FATHER and the SON are the ONE and the SELF SAME being or entity or person and there is no difference between them. In other words, the oneness doctrine teaches that Jesus is just another manifestation of Almighty God the Father in another form, and they base their reasoning on that God cannot stop being God. So then, those who teach Modalism or the ONENESS doctrine INTERPRET John 1:1 to mean that the WORD is God, in that, the WORD is ONE and the SELF SAME BEING as THE GOD.
However, the DOCTRINE of the trinity clearly teaches the Jesus is NOT Almighty God the Father and that Almighty God the Father is NOT his Son Jesus. So they INTERPRET John 1:1 as meaning that the WORD is God, in that the WORD is a SECOND and SEPARATE distinct person of the trinity than THE GOD, who is the FATHER. And since those who teach the doctrine of the trinity do indeed see the truth that Jesus is NOT the FATHER and that Jesus is a SEPARATE distinctly different person or being apart from the God the Father they cannot accept the doctrine of oneness.
And since those who teach the doctrine of oneness cannot only accept there is but ONE God who is the SOURCE of ALL things, then they cannot accept that JESUS created all things UNLESS Jesus IS ONE and the SELF SAME divine eternal being as the FATHER.
Now in essence both sides teach that Jesus was FULLY Almighty God and fully a man at the same time, but in a different ways and NEITHER side TRULY believes the ONE SOUND BIBLE DOCTRINE of CHRIST, but rather they each cling to their OWN man made INTERPRETATIONS of what verses like John 1:1 means never considering the CONTEXT and the WHOLE word of God and thus according to the Bible Itself they are ANTI CHRIST or teachers against the ANOINTING come in the flesh of Jesus. We will get to 1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:6-11 further on in this study, but I want to lay some more ground work, so to speak first.
So then, which teaching is the TRUTH? Is the doctrine of ONENESS the truth? Or is the doctrine of the trinity the truth? Perhaps NEITHER of these doctrines is the TRUTH.
Perhaps there is yet a THIRD interpretation of John 1:1 and the other scriptures that seem to being saying that Jesus IS God do NOT mean that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God that the Bible ITSELF clearly and always identifies as being the FATHER alone?
Here is a link to a Greek to English Interlinear Bible that I use online which gives a LITERAL translation of John 1:1 that I personally find AGREES with the WHOLE word of God WITHOUT ANY CONTRADICTIONS to any other part of God's word. Check this link out for yourself it has been a real blessing to me:
And here is the LITERAL translation of John 1:1 from the website I linked above. To read just the literal translation of John 1:1 click on the word LITERAL in blue type.
Here is the LITERAL translation of John 1:1.
“In beginning was the SAYING and the SAYING was TOWARD THE God and God was the SAYING”
The word “TOWARD” as defined by the American Heritage Dictionary means; 1. in the direction of, 2. in a position facing, 3. somewhat before in time, approaching, 4. with regard to, in relation to, 5. in furtherance of partial fulfillment of. 6. BY WAY OF ACHIEVING; WITH A VIEW TO, 7. IN PROGRESS or IMMINENT, TRACTIBLE, Coming, favorable, future. Also the word “TOWARD” carries the meaning of forward motion, which again agrees with the interpretation of the Word being the SPOKEN WORD.
Please notice that this LITERAL translation translates the Greek word “LOGOS” as the SAYING of God, which clearly defines the TRUE meaning of the Greek word “LOGOS” as being the SPOKEN word coming forth out from within God. Like WE SPEAK our thoughts and desires out forth from our MOUTH. God cannot REVEAL himself to use unless we see or HEAR from God.
So then, what was WITHIN the God, he SPOKE forth out of his mouth and what God desired to REVEAL to us came forth OUT FROM God in the form of his SPOKEN word. As SOUND if you will, As VIBRATION of sound waves, which we now know FORMS patterns in matter. You can see how SOUND in different, frequencies produce different patterns is matter like sand as sound waves VIBRATE over the matter,which agrees with the creation account in Genesis chapter 1 and the Spirit of God MOVED or VIBRATED OVER the waters of the deep. Here is a LINK to a You Tube video of sound waves forming specific patterns in matter like sand.
Now some translations read “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was “WITH” THE God, and God was the Word.” The English word translated as “WITH” in the King James Version is the Greek word “PROS”, Strong's #4313, that is translated as “the SAYING was “TOWARD” THE God” in the LITERAL translation. This Greek word has many meanings such as to, for, near, with the God, was toward the God, was BECAUSE OF the God, was or is BELONGING TO the God, is PERTAINING TO the God, was or is NIGH UNTO the God like Romans teaches us that the word is NIGH you and even in your MOUTH, and the SAYING was WITHIN THE God.
Now any one of the definitions could be used in this verse. I personally believe that the best definition is “the SAYING was WITHIN THE God, and God was the SAYING.”
To me this AGREES perfectly with the OLD Testament where God says,
“I AM THAT I AM”
The LITERAL translation of this verse in Exodus 3:14 is as follos:
“I SHALL BECOME WHO I AM BECOMING”
To me this AGREES with the DEFINITION of the Greek word “PROS”, which should have been translated as
“In beginning was the SAYING and the SAYING was WITHIN THE God and God was the SAYING.”
To me this is the best translation that I have found of John 1:1 where we can clearly see that the LOGOS is the SPOKEN word that was WITHIN the one true and only Almighty God, which AGREES with the WHOLE word of God.
Now when I read the literal translation, and the SAYING was GOD, I immediately thought of Genesis 1:3 when God SAID, Let there be LIGHT. The SAYING of God was LIGHT. Or in the beginning was the SAYING and the SAYING was WITHIN THE God and LIGHT was the SAYING or the SAYING was LIGHT.
In other words, LIGHT preexisted WITHIN THE God as a IMAGE within God of what God wanted to bring forth into existence. Then God SPOKE forth the IMAGE out from his mouth in the form of his LOGOS, his SPOKEN word, and light came into existence.
But because of the trinity bias translations and the dogmatic way in which the doctrine of the trinity is taught, it is had for Christians to see any other possible INTERPRETATION other than the interpretation that is used by those that teach the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus claiming that Jesus is Almighty God himself in the flesh being fully Almighty God and fully man at the SAME time having two natures, one divine and one human where THEY interpret the Word in John 1:1 Jesus preexisting as being a SECOND divine person of the TRINITY called God the SON, who was WITH God the Father at his SIDE in all eternity past.
But if so be that this verse teaches us a TRINITY, then where is the Holy Spirit in this verse? I myself only see TWO persons, IF SO BE that one dogmatically demands that this verse is speaking of two separate persons.
I myself personally see that there is yet another interpretation that I believe does NOT have any contradictions with the WHOLE word of God where there is but ONE God in this verse being THE God who creates all things by the means of SPEAKING what is WITHIN him that he desires to be or become or come into being where they never existed before EXCEPT WITHIN himself in his thoughts, desires, and plans to bring forth into existence.
In other words, there are yet other ways to interpret John 1:1 other that the ways those in the two main stream denominations of the church teach, where one main stream denomination teaches the doctrine of the trinity and those in the other main stream church denomination teach the doctrine of oneness. And Christians like you and me are lead to believe that these TWO choices are the ONLY option we have because of THEIR dogmatic ways of teaching their man made doctrines.
So then, this other THIRD entirely different interpretation that I will explain to you in this study does NOT conflict or CONTRADICT not only the context, but it is in complete harmony with the WHOLE word of Almighty God and does NOT contradict any other part of the Bible. So since God is NOT the author of confusion, then it is MY choice to believe the interpretation that does NOT contradict the WHOLE word of God in any way, shape, or form. We all have a CHOICE to believe what we feel led by the Holy Spirit to believe, but before you make your CHOICE I implore you to read the WHOLE matter and weigh ALL the evidence. Do not judge a matter BEFORE you hear the WHOLE matter.
Perhaps you are a new believer and God has led you here to AMatterOfTruth.com before you have been taught any man made church denominational doctrine and you are not familiar with either of these doctrines that I have been speaking about in this study of God's word.
So for those of you who are not familiar with what the doctrine of the trinity teaches or what the doctrine of the deity of Jesus actually states, then I will briefly state them for you.
The doctrine of the trinity basically states that there is but one God in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit and these three persons of the trinity are co-equal and co-eternal. Co-equal means that each person of the trinity are EQUAL in ever respect to substance, power and authority to each other. That is to say, God the Son is EQUAL to Almighty God the Father and is also EQUAL to God the Holy Spirit and none is less than or more than the other in any way. And co-eternal means that each of the three persons of the trinity is without beginning or end and have always eternally existed, which means that none were created, born, made, formed, or brought forth into existence in any way.
In other words, ACCORDING to the“DOCTRINE”of the trinity Almighty God the Father, Jesus, or God the Son, and the Holy Spirit or God the Holy Spirit have always been THREE separate and distinct IMMORTAL divine eternal beings and have always existed for all eternity WITHOUT beginning. In other words, all three persons of the trinity have always existed and are equal in every way where none is less than nor greater than the other. This is what the doctrine of the trinity teaches.
But does it AGREE with the WHOLE word of God? We shall clearly see that it does not agree with the whole word of God as we continue this study in God's word. But first let us see what the doctrine of the deity of Jesus states.
The doctrine of the deity of Jesus basically states that Jesus is FULLY Almighty God in the flesh and that Jesus is FULLY God and fully man at the same time and that Jesus is ONE with the Father, as in, one and the SELF SAME being. In other words, Jesus IS God, as in, Jesus IS the one true and only Almighty God, but yet Jesus is NOT the FATHER. That is to say that Jesus is EQUAL to the Father in every way, but that Jesus is not one and the same being as the FATHER. Jesus is Almighty God incarnate, which means that Jesus is Almighty God becoming a human being.
HOWEVER the WAY that the main stream church denominations teach Jesus being God INCARNATE is that God the SON became a human being, but still yet remaining FULLY Almighty God while being made flesh. Thus the statement Jesus is FULLY God and FULLY man at the same time, a MYSTERY, which we may never fully comprehend with our mind, but non the less we must believe with our hearts by faith. For the true SOUND BIBLICAL meaning of Jesus being God INCARNATE please read the study "WHAT DOES GOD INCARNATE TRULY MEAN?"
But for now let us continue this study in God's word. The doctrine of ONENESS basically states that Jesus is Almighty God the FATHER, as is, they are ONE and the SAME BEING. In other words, God simply manifests himself in the form of the human Jesus, and then back again as the Father. As for the Holy Spirit THEY see the Holy Spirit as a force or power that is USED by God and NOT as a PERSON separate or one and the self same being as Almighty God the Father.
So then, the question is, “Are ANY of these “DOCTRINES” or the trinity and deity of Jesus, and the doctrine of oneness the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God?” Does the WHOLE word of God in fact teach that Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God in the WAY that these “DOCTRINES” of the trinity, the deity of Jesus, or the oneness doctrine teach? Does the whole word of God teach ANY of these doctrines of man?
To find the sound Biblical answer to these questions let us take a CLOSER look at this verse in John 1:1 to see if it can be INTERPRETED another way, rather than DOGMATICALLY stating that the phrase “the Word WAS God” dogmatically means without fail that “Jesus IS ALMIGHTY God, and therefore Jesus IS THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God himself”, and therefore cannot mean anything else, case close, end of discussion as some dogmatically demand that we MUST believe in order to be truly saved?
Now ALL of us BEFORE we became believers and we were still living as others, who are yet lost and without God were INDEED once DECEIVED into believing that we did not need to be saved. And at that time in our life BEFORE we were saved we did not want to hear the TRUTH, case closed, end of discussion.
BUT thanks be to God that someone took the time to hand feed us the word of God until we CAME to the KNOWLEDGE of the TRUTH and accepted this TRUTH that we were indeed sinners who truly needed to saved, which again we ALL ONCE REJECTED as being foolishness at some time in our life. At least many of us did not respond immediately to the gospel and RECEIVE it as the truth the very first time we heard it. But once we received the word of truth into our hearts we were then reconciled back to God by this word of TRUTH to follow Jesus. Now in some cases were some were raised in church they may not see that they once reject God by sinning at some point in their life and thus needed a savior.
In other words, the light that came into the world to bear witness of the TRUE light of Almighty God, his God and Father came to be deposited in our hearts through the teaching of the TRUTH and then once we RECEIVED the TRUTH we then rejected the false ideas that we once truly and sincerely believed at one time in our life which was that we did not need to be saved or that we were not sinning when the WORD of God says that we were living in sin. In much the same way many of us have been DECEIVED into believing things that are NOT the truth of the whole word of God, therefore we must first be willing to at least HEAR these other interpretations so they we can weigh them for OURSELVES in the light of the whole word of God to see if what we are being taught is in fact the TRUTH.
With that being said we will first examine this verse still being taken out of context, that is to say, without looking at any other part of God's word. Then after we view another meaning or interpretation of this verse, then we will place this verse back into the context of where it is found to demonstrate that this OTHER meaning or interpretation does NOT contradict the REST of the word of God, as does the INTERPRETATION of “The Word was God”, to dogmatically mean that Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF in the flesh by the DOCTRINE of the deity of Jesus and the DOCTRINE of the trinity, and the doctrine of oneness. In other words, there are other interpretations that teach that Jesus is God without dogmatically demanding that Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, who to ME the whole word clearly teaches us is the FATHER ALONE.
And yes I know that the doctrine of the trinity states that Jesus is NOT the FATHER, but I also know that those who teach the doctrine of the trinity also teach that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY ALMIGHTY God, which whether they realize it or not by saying this they are in fact saying that Jesus IS the FATHER, because again the word of TRUTH clearly and plainly teaches us that to US there is but ONE GOD, the FATHER and that there is but ONE LORD, who is Jesus the CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE OF Almighty God the Father. Please read again 1 Corinthians 8:6, which plainly teaches us that Almighty God ALONE is the FATHER.
“But to US there is but ONE GOD, THE FATHER, of whom are all things, and we in him; AND one LORD Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”
With that being said let us take a closer look at John 1:1 again and see some of the other ways that it is interpreted. So then, here is John 1:1 again from the King James Version says,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God.”
Notice that I have emphasized the word “WAS”, which is no different than what those that teach the DOCTRINE of the trinity have done by saying, “Notice that the Bible says that the Word WAS God, so therefore the Word, who we know is Jesus, and Almighty God are ONE and the SAME. For you see, since we know that Jesus IS the Word, then therefore Jesus is Almighty God, because the Bible plainly says that the Word WAS God. And if the Word WAS God and God never changes then the Word IS God. Therefore Jesus IS God.”
Now no matter how logical this deduction may sound on the surface the INTERPRETATION of this verse in John 1:1 that says, “the Word WAS God” CANNOT possible and accurately mean that Jesus IS THE Almighty God HIMSELF, as in, the Word being ONE and the SELF SAME being as THE Almighty God and EQUAL with the Father in every way as the "DOCTRINE" of the trinity plainly states, because it CONTRADICTS so many other clear, plain, and simple passages of scripture that need absolutely NO interpretation. Please read the study "19 THINGS TO PONDER ABOUT JESUS BEING GOD!", but for now this INTERPRETATION that JESUS is the SAME being as THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF EVEN contradicts their OWN doctrine, which states that Jesus is NOT the Father.
Let me explain to what I mean by this. You see, by their saying in the “DOCTRINE”of the trinity that Jesus IS THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, then this contradicts their OWN “doctrine”, because the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, clearly states that the one true and only ALMIGHTY God is the FATHER. Also to DEMAND that Jesus IS God and EQUAL with Almighty God in EVERY WAY is to say that Almighty God, the Father, is NOT GREATER than his Son Jesus, which also CONTRADICTS the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible. Please read John 14:28 along with the study I just mentioned above for many other clear plain verses that DIRECTLY CONTRADICT all three of the man made doctrines that we have discussed in this study in God's word.
“You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go UNTO the Father (And NOT I change back into the Father): for (or because) MY Father is GREATER than I.”
Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST, that these clear plain and simple verses that do NOT need any interpretation whatsoever clearly CONTRADICT these made made doctrines that we have discussed in this study. You see, the Bible PLAINLY teaches us that the ONE TRUE God is Almighty God, the FATHER.
Please read 1 Corinthians 8:6 which again clearly identifies the ONE God as being the FATHER and the one Lord and being Jesus Christ or Jesus the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God the FATHER. The word “CHRIST” means both Messiah and the ANOINTED one of Almighty God or the ANOINTING with which God the father ANOINTED his SON Jesus to EMPOWER him to do the works men saw Jesus doing. The sound Biblical meaning of the ANOINTING is that Almighty God the Father himself came to DWELL IN his SON Jesus. We will cover many of the verses that prove this further on in this study, but for no please grasp hold of this TRUTH that the Bible ITSELF always clearly IDENTIFIES the ONE TRUE God an being the FATHER and NOT the SON Jesus.
1 Corinthians 8:6 again plainly STATES as FACT that the ONE God IS the FATHER and to US as Christians this is what the Bible ITSELF teaches us to believe.
“But to US there is but ONE God, the FATHER, of whom are all things, and we in him; and ONE Lord Jesus CHRIST,(Jesus, the ANOINTED ONE OF Almighty God the FATHER) by whom are all things, and we by him.”
If one were to open their eyes and look, then they would see that the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, CLEARLY and PLAINLY says that the ONE God that we as Christians BELIEVE in is the FATHER. And that the ONE LORD we as Christians believe in is our Lord Jesus the CHRIST, the one whom Almighty God has chosen and ANOINTED or empowered to live without sin to be our ransom or the atonement for our sin.
Now let us go back to John 1:1 and open our eyes and take a CLOSER look at what this verse is ACTUALLY saying.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God.”
Please notice that this verse is saying that the WORD WAS God. And NOT that JESUS himself WAS God. And NOT that God the SON was God. But rather that the LOGOS, the SAYING or the SPOKEN word WAS God. There is a big difference. ALSO if the INTERPRETATION of the WORD or “logos” WAS God is to dogmatically mean without fail that the “logos” or that the SPOKEN WORD IS THE God or THE “theos”, as in, the WORD itself IS THE ALMIGHTY God who we know is the FATHER, then to me this would mean that EVERYTHING God has ever created by his SPOKEN word IS or REMAINS FULLY Almighty God. And we know that a cow or a tree or a rock is NOT fully Almighty God and fully a cow, a tree or a rock at the same time.
NO a thousand times NO! The word of God plainly states that the word, the logos or the spoken SAYING of God WAS God or God was the saying. This means that when God SPEAKS forth his desire to BE then that word which was WITHING THE God BECOMES what God desire to come into being.
ALSO if you INTERPRET this to mean that since the Word was made flesh is speaking of Jesus, therefore JESUS HIMSELF IS THE WORD made to become flesh, which we know from John 1:14 so therefore JESUS IS THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, then you would in reality be saying that Jesus IS THE Almighty God, the FATHER, which is what the “oneness” doctrine teaches and this interpretation definitely CONTRADICTS the rest of God's word.
In other words, if you truly believe that John 1:1 teaches that Jesus is THE one true and ONLY ALMIGHTY God then your belief would better support the ONENESS doctrine more so than the doctrine of the trinity, because the rest of God's word clearly teaches us that the one true and only ALMIGHTY God is the FATHER alone. And this is TRUE of EVERY single verse that the doctrine of the trinity uses to try and make Jesus to BE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, because once again the Bible ITSELF clearly identifies the ONE God as being the FATHER alone. So every time no matter which verse one uses to TRY and prove that Jesus IS ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, then they are in truth teaching that Jesus IS the FATHER whether they admit it or not.
But the TRUTH of the matter is that the whole word of God also clearly teaches us that Jesus is NOT the FATHER! So then, let us look at this verse here in John 1:1 in an entirely different perspective or angle of view, which supports a more Biblical “trinity”, but NOT the man made “DOCTRINE” of the trinity as so many in the main stream church widely and DOGMATICALLY teach. I say trinity because there are three workings of God but in truth the Bible ITSELF really only teaches us of TWO separate beings, Almighty God the Father and his SON Jesus where the Holy Spirit IS the ONE God who is SPIRIT and there is but ONE SPIRIT. For a deeper understand of this truth and all the verses please read "THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE FATHER!"
You see, to ME, there is a BIG difference between believing the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, that CLEARLY and PLAINLY teaches us a DISTINCTION between Almighty God the Father and his SON Jesus and what the “DOCTRINE” of the trinity falsely teaches us that the Father and Jesus are ONE in that they are the SAME and EQUAL to each other in EVERY way where neither is GREATER than nor less than the other.
Now I believe in Almighty God, the Father and I believe in Jesus, the Son of Almighty God the Father. And I also believe in the Holy Spirit of Almighty God the Father as being a PERSON and NOT as an impersonal force used by God. I believe in these THREE DISTINCT workings of God are ONE, in that, they AGREE as ONE, or that these three workings or three manifestations of God all work together as one for one and the same purpose. I also believe that the Bible clearly teaches us that Jesus is God. However, the clear plain and simple word of God does NOT teach us that Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY God. Again there is a BIG difference, which I explain in depth in the studies "OUR GOD IS ONE" , "THERE IS BUT ONE GOD" , and "IS JESUS ALMIGHTY GOD?".
But for now let us examine this other interpretation by taking a close look at what the word “WAS” means. The dictionary defines the word “WAS” to be the first and third person singular PAST indicative mood of the word “BE”. In other words, the Word WAS at one time in the PAST BOTH WITH God, AND also the Word WAS God at one time in the PAST, or in the BEGINNING or more precisely in “a” beginning. This is what the word “WAS” means, the PAST TENSE of the word “BE”.
Please understand that I am not DOGMATICALLY saying that this is exactly what this verse means or how I personally believe that this verse must without fail be interpreted case close end of discussion. But rather I just want to make you aware that this verse can be interpreted to mean something other than what those that teach the “DOCTRINES” of the trinity and the ONENESS DOCTRINE dogmatically SAY and DEMAND that it means. To ME, and to others as well, there are already too many DOGMATIC doctrines of men in the church that are causing division in the body of Christ. I offer these studies for those who are struggling to believe these man made “DOCTRINES” that to many Christians seem to CONTRADICT the WHOLE word of God.
You see, there were wise men of old, scientist and scholars that were widely accepted, who taught that the world was flat, but as more knowledge came to light, these men were proven to have been DECEIVED in their reasoning that the world was flat.
Again no one is immune to the DECEPTION of the enemy. This is why God tells us in his word to PROVE all things and to try the spirits to see whether they are of God and to search the word for ourselves to see if what we are being taught is the truth of the whole word of God. Or in other words, we are to test the teachings of what we have been taught to see if they are of God, so that we are NOT deceived.
Therefore what ever INTERPRETATION we chose to believe that interpretation MUST NOT CONTRADICT other passages of scripture. So for NOW please be OPEN to at least HEAR what I have to say, and THEN you can make your OWN decision based upon the WHOLE matter and NOT just upon verses taken OUT of CONTEXT.
With that being said let us take a closer look at the WHOLE word of God to PROVE whether or not this teaching that states that “Jesus IS THE Almighty God in the flesh, where Jesus is FULLY God and fully man at the SAME time and EQUAL to Almighty God the Father in EVERY way” is the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God, OR whether this “DOCTRINE”of the trinity is a deceiving lie from the enemy? You see, the DOCTRINE of the trinity is either one or the other, that is to say, it is either the truth or it is a FALSE DOCTRINE.
THEREFORE if it is PROVEN by the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, that Jesus is NOT THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, then the “DOCTRINE” of the trinity is PROVEN to be a FALSE DOCTRINE and therefore must be REJECTED and FALSE TEACHING.
And likewise if it is proven by the WORD of TRUTH, that Jesus is NOT Almighty God the Father himself, then the doctrine of ONENESS is also a FALSE teaching that must be rejected.
Please be patient and keep in mind that we have not yet placed this verse back into the CONTEXT of were it is found to see which DEDUCTION or reasoning is correct. And by WHICH deduction I am INCLUDING the THIRD meaning of John 1:1, which is that Almighty God HIMSELF created all things by or through his LOGOS, his SAYING, or his SPOKEN word of what God himself desired to BE or literally BECOME. So then the logos, the saying or the spoken word WAS WITHING THE God in the beginning and God WAS the logos, his SAYING or his SPOKEN word, who then BECAME flesh. Again please read the study "WHAT DOES GOD INCARNATE MEAN?"
But first let us skip down to verse 14 of John chapter one, just as those who teach the doctrine of the trinity also do to make their deduction which states, “The Bible says that the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us here in verse 14. And it is certainly obvious that this verse is referring to Jesus. Therefore since the Word WAS God, and the Word was MADE FLESH is speaking about Jesus, then Jesus IS Almighty God in the FLESH, being FULLY God and fully man at the SAME time”.
Here is what John 1:14 says,
“And the Word was MADE flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only BEGOTTEN OF the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
Those that teach the doctrine of the trinity SAY that since the Word was God and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us is speaking of Jesus, then Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF in the flesh. And therefore Jesus is FULLY man and yet still FULLY THE ALMIGHTY God himself at the SAME, because how can God stop or cease from being God?
Again, a SEEMLY logical deduction, but is this INTERPRETATION CORRECT?
Let us read John 1:14 again,
“And the WORD was MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory AS OF the only BEGOTTEN OF the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
Notice that I have again emphasized some words in this verse to get you to come to the knowledge of the TRUTH. At this point I am only going to focus on the word “MADE”. The Word was MADE flesh and dwelt among us. So what does the word “MADE” mean? In the original language the word that is translated as “MADE” is the Greek word “ginomai”, which means MADE, but also means to be, to become, to come into existence, be born.
So then, the Word that WAS WITH Almighty God at some point in the PAST and, then Almighty God sent forth his Word, which was WITH him or LITERALLY WITHIN him in the beginning, by SPEAKING forth his word WITHIN him into the earth and THEN the SPOKEN Word, which Almighty God SENT down into the Earth by his angel Gabriel to SPEAK FORTH God's WORD to the virgin Mary then BECAME FLESH.
So then, WHAT does the simple, plain and clear word of God say? It simply says, “And the Word was MADE flesh or the Word BECAME flesh”?
You see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Jesus when God SPOKE his WORD to create or MAKE his other creations such as a tree, then the Word BECAME a TREE and did NOT remain FULLY to be THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF and a tree at the SAME TIME. NO the Word BECAME or was MADE INTO a tree. In the same way the Word was MADE into HUMAN BEING that was FULLY a HUMAN BEING stripped of any and all divine nature. No one would ever dogmatically demand that a tree has a DIVINE nature simple because it was brought forth into existence by Almighty God.
In other words, The true sound Biblical meaning of John 1:1 is the Word was with God in the beginning and then God spoke forth his Word, and the spoken word of God came into existence in the form of FLESH. That is to say, the Word BECAME or was MADE into EXACTLY what the Bible says it BECAME or was MADE. The Word was MADE or the Word BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us. The WORD came into being or came into EXISTENCE AS a human being BORN of a woman is basically the same way that the spoken Word BECAME whatever Almighty God SPOKE his Word to BE in every other creation of God.
That is to say, the Word WAS God, WHEN the Word WAS WITH God in the beginning, but THEN Almighty God SENT his Word out from within himself down from heaven into the world to be SPOKEN by the angel Gabriel to the virgin Mary, and when Mary RECEIVED the spoken word of God by faith saying be it unto me according to your WORD and then at moment of time the Word was then was MADE INTO a human being in the womb of Mary or the Word BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us.
In other word's the Word CHANGED it's form of being divine in nature and BECAME or took on HUMAN nature. Jesus IS the MANIFESTATION of God's WORD. The Word came INTO EXISTENCE as a human being where it never existed before. In other words, the Word did NOT always preexist AS the HUMAN JESUS or even as the SON of Almighty God from eternity past. NOR did the Word preexist as a separate divine SPIRIT being who was with God by his side to create all things as the Jehovah's witnesses false teach.
But rather the human Jesus AS the SON of Almighty God came into existence at a specific time in history and ONLY preexisted in the MIND and PLAN WITHIN Almighty God to one day have a SON. The Bible itself teaches us THIS DAY have I BEGOTTEN you. So to say that Jesus NEVER had a beginning is not a sound Biblical teaching of the WHOLE word of God. Just the mere fact that Jesus is the SON OF God teaches us that the SON must have a BEGINNING to be BORN or brought into existence. Please read the studies "DID JESUS HAVE A BEGINNING?" , and "PHILIPPIANS 2:6 PROVES PREEXISTENCE!" for a deeper understanding of what I mean by this.
Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, that Almighty God sent his SPOKEN WORD by his angel Gabriel to a virgin, whose name was Mary, and the angel spoke God's WORD to Mary and said, you shall conceive in your womb and bring forth or bring INTO EXISTENCE a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, which means the salvation OF Yahweh or Yahweh saves meaning that Almighty God himself chose as his MEANS by which he himself would HIMSELF save mankind was through his SON Jesus. At first Mary could not comprehend how this could be seeing she was a virgin, but then Mary AGREED with the SPOKEN WORD of God that the angel spoke unto her and said, be it unto me ACCORDING to your WORD that you have SPOKEN unto me FROM God. That is to say, the WORD which Almighty God sent by way of his messenger, the angel Gabriel, to speak in God's behalf to Mary God's WORD to BE or BECOME a SON in the womb of Mary. Mary BELIEVED and agreed to God's WILL for her womb to be used to bring forth into existence God SON.
So you can now see how the Word was MADE or BECAME FLESH. The Word CAME INTO EXISTENCE AS a HUMAN BEING, BORN of a woman and then this MAN child was THEN GIVEN the name Jesus, which means the salvation of Yahweh or Yahweh saves where the Word WAS with God only in God's THOUGHTS before God SPOKE forth his THOUGHTS in the form of his very own SPOKEN WORD. This is how all of creation came into existence. And God SAID, let there be light and there was light. God first THOUGHT there to be light only in his mind but there was no light yet in existence UNTIL God SPOKE forth his thoughts as his SPOKEN word or SAID let there BE light and then what God THOUGHT or what God WAS WITHIN himself then came into being only after God formed his THOUGHTS into his very own SPOKEN WORD. God does not create all things by THINKING them into existence. So even the SPOKEN word of God itself had a BEGINNING.
To say this another way God is TEACHING us in John 1:1 as to HOW he brought his SON into existence, which agrees with John 6:26-58 where Jesus says that he is the BREAD of LIFE come down from heaven, which I will explain in detail further on in this study of God's word. All the verses AGREE that it is the TEACHING of God that came down from heaven, which we must BELIEVE in order to be saved and receive eternal life in the world to come. Jesus did NOT come to show us HIMSELF, but rather Jesus came to show us the FATHER, the ONE TRUE and only ALMIGHTY God. So with these thoughts kept in mind let us continue.
Again when the Word of God is MADE to be a tree, then we do not say that the tree is FULLY ALMIGHTY God and fully a TREE at the same time, because the Word was MADE to become a TREE. In other words, the tree is NOT ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF in nature nor is the tree EQUAL with Almighty God in EVERY WAY, but rather the tree is simply brought into existence BY the SPOKEN Word of Almighty God the FATHER coming OUT FROM God. In the same way the Bible teaches us that Jesus CAME OUT FROM and CAME FORTH FROM the Father.
Please read John 16:26
“For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me, and have BELIEVED that I CAME OUT FROM God.
28. I CAME FORTH FROM the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.”
The Bible does not say that the word was MADE flesh and still yet still REMAINED FULLY THE ALMIGHTY God at the SAME time and dwelt among men. This is simply man's INTERPRETATION of what this verse means. This would be ADDING to the word of God. Now there is nothing wrong with adding descriptive words to better explain God's word, when these added words AGREE with the rest of God's word, but when these man made deductions and explanations contradict the rest of God's word, then they must be rejected as FALSE teaching.
Remember that I also emphasized the word “WORD” in the verse, that the WORD was made flesh. I did this to show that the Bible does not actually say that JESUS was made flesh, or that God the SON was made flesh, but rather the clear, plain, word of God's states in simplicity that the Word was made flesh and became flesh or the SON of MAN. And then goes on to say that this Son of MAN shall be called the Son of the HIGHEST and was to be GIVEN the NAME Jesus. Now the NAME Jesus, which again means the salvation OF Almighty God can be interpreted as Jesus, called the Son of the Highest and most high God that we know is Almighty God the FATHER, who shall be MY savior whom I shall raise up from among the people to be the savoir of the world. In other words, Almighty God HIMSELF raised up his SON from among the people to save the people from their sins. Please read the studies called "WHO IS OUR SAVIOR GOD OR JESUS?" , and "JESUS THE SON OF MAN" for a deeper understanding of who Jesus is and his role as the MEANS Almighty God himself chose to use to save mankind from their sins, but for now let us focus on John 1:1.
In other words, John 1:1 does not plainly SAY that JESUS HIMSELF was WITH God from the beginning, but rather the Bible simply states that the Word was with God from the beginning. Now I am not going any further with this particular point in this study of the Word being WITH God from the beginning, as in HOW word of with God, because I cover it in another study entitled, “UNDERSTANDING WHY” as to HOW Jesus as the WORD may have been WITH Almighty God in the BEGINNING. You see dear child of God when a man and wife PLAN to have a child they PREPARE things FOR the child BEFORE the child is actually born. The child is WITH them in their dreams, desires and plans, but he of she is NOT LITERALLY with then as yet. Read the above study Understanding Why for all the verses that clearly show us that the is HOW Jesus was WITH the Father before the foundation of the word, which we read in Proverbs chapter 8.
So again for now, let us continue with John 1:1 by keeping it in the ENTIRE context from which it is found WITHOUT skipping over several verses to get to verse 14. Please read John 1:1 all the way through John 1:14 which says,
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God,
2. The SAME (referring to the Word, the LOGOS, the SAYING or the SPOKEN word) was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him (BY whom? Almighty God or his WORD? In truth this verse means BOTH, in that, all things were made BY God, speaking of Almighty God the Father himself ALONE by HIMSELF as the entire Old Testament teaches us. So then, this verse SHOULD be interpreted as Almighty God the Father being the creator where ALL things were made BY Almighty God the Father himself by or through his spoken Word of Almighty God coming OUT FROM WITH himself in an audible voice SPEAKING the worlds into existence or whatever God himself DESIRE withing himself to BE or to come into existence, which AGREES with the entire Old Testament and the New Testament as well when the New Testament is INTERPRETED correctly. In other words, it is Almighty God who IS the actual creator of all things and Almighty God CHOSE as the MEANS by which all things are created to be created or come into being BY or through his spoken "logos", his SAYING, or the SPOKEN WORD of Almighty God himself. Now if so be one chooses to INTERPRET the Word as being a SECOND individual being a completely SEPARATE distinct Spirit being apart from THE ONE God like the Jehovah's Witnesses do, then the proper correct interpretation of the word "BY" should be that all things were made FOR him or FOR the SAKE of him meaning that Almighty God HIMSELF ALONE created all things FOR and for the SAKE OF his SON Jesus and NOT that Jesus himself created all things being a separate distinct divine eternal Spirit being called the Word. Please read the in depth study "EPHESIANS 3:9-11 - DID JESUS CREATE ALL THINGS?" for a deeper understanding of all the verses that SEEM to be saying that Jesus himself is the creator so therefore some based on WRONG interpretations of these verse incorrectly conclude that Jesus must be THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, OR that Jesus must have preexisted as a SEPARATE person from Almighty God the Father as the SON OF God called the WORD in order to have created all things. But in truth the Bible ITSELF simply states that all things were made BY HIM, which to ME the CONTEXT as well as the entire word of God clearly points to HIM as being Almighty God the FATHER bringing all things into existence BY his LOGOS, his SAYING, his SPOKEN word coming OUT FROM WITHIN THE God); and without him (Almighty God the Father SPEAKING forth his SPOKEN logos) was not anything made that was made.(So in truth it is only the INTERPRETATION of WHO the phrase “by him” is referring to whether it be the Father or whether it be the Son who created all things. Also one must understand that the word “BY” can also be translated as FOR or FOR the SAKE OF. So if you INTERPRET the “HIM” and being a preexisting SON of God or God the SON, then for ME the “BY” him should be translated as FOR Jesus or FOR the SAKE OF the SON. Again please read this study Did Jesus create all things? Now, if so be, that one dogmatically INTERPRETS the creator to be Jesus preexisting as a separate person of the Godhead as some teach, then this would contradict verses that clearly states that God ALONE and BY HIMSELF created all things. I cover all these verse in the above study. But for now just know that the CONTEXT of this entire passage of scripture is about the LOGOS or the SAYING of God, as in God's SPOKEN words coming OUT FROM WITHING himself SPEAKING his desires into existence. This is why Jesus is called the EXPRESS IMAGE of God. You see God first IMAGINES WITHIN himself what he desire to BE and THEN God EXPRESSES that IMAGE within himself to BE BY or through his LOGOS, his SAYING, his SPOKEN word and the LIFE in the spoken word makes alive the IMAGE that was WITHIN THE God and literally Almighty God HIMSELF BECOMES what he desire to BE or to come into existence where it never existed before EXCEPT in the mind, THOUGHTS, and plan of God, that IMAGE within the God to BE.)
4. In him (Almighty God the SOURCE of all) was LIFE; and the LIFE was the light of men. (What this verse is saying it that Almighty God, who is the SOURCE of all LIFE has given LIFE to his SPOKEN word to LITERALLY become a human being or whatever God chooses to bright forth into existence by SPEAKING it to come forth or out from WITHIN himself. In this case it is his SON who would be called the SON of the highest and be given the name Jesus who would then be SENT out into the world at the age of thirty to be a light of men. So then, the phrase “in HIM” is in truth speaking of the LIVING SPOKEN WORD of Almighty God wherein is LIFE or the power to make alive, to create, to bring into existence. The Bible says that God WORD is quick and powerful and the word quick means to make alive. And again in this case the LIVING spoken word TO the Virgin Mary brought into existence God's SON to become conceived in the womb of the virgin Mary to be born a human being who would then become the light of men SHOWING us the FATHER.)
5. And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. (This verse means that Jesus brought mankind the UNDERSTAND of HOW to be saved to the Jews first and then to the Gentiles, but for the most part men who are in darkness do not understand the TRUTH that Jesus was literally the SON OF the LIVING God who was literally created by God in the womb of the VIRGIN Mary. The darkness could not or would not ACCEPT the truth that Jesus had NO EARTHLY father. darkness could not GRASP the truth that the spoken saying or spoken word of God could bring forth a HUMAN being in the womb of a woman where that child was not conceive by an earthly father and thus those in darkness will remain dead in their sins UNTIL they BELIEVE the TRUTH that Jesus IS the CHRIST, the ANOINTED one, the SON OF the LIVING God who suffered and died on the cross for their sins and God raised him from the dead never more to die again.)
6. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. (now this verse to me seems out of place. There is something about this verse that is not right. I myself do not read, write or speak Greek, but I have this feeling that this verse is NOT TRANSLATED correctly)
7. The SAME (can be INTERPRETED to be referring to John the Baptist, which make logical sense seeing that “the same” or “this one” immediately follows verse 6 speaking of a man named John. OR the phrase “the same” can be interpreted to refer back to the LOGOS just as the first use of the phrase “the SAME” refers back to the LOGOS, which we know from verse 14 is speaking of Jesus, the word MADE to BECOME flesh and dwell among mankind. I myself interpret the same in verse 7 to refer to the LOGOS, because the entire CONTEXT is about the LOGOS, the SAYING, or the SPOKEN word of God made to become flesh and was given the name Jesus WHO) came for a WITNESS of the LIGHT,( where the light refers to Almighty God the Father being the SOURCE or the true light who SENT his Son Jesus the Christ to be a light unto the world to SHOW us the FATHER so that we might know HIM, the FATHER to be the ONE TRUE God and his SON whom he sent as a WITNESS to TEACH about his God and Father) that all men through him (referring to him who came or was sent to WITNESS, or to teach or show us the LIGHT, that TRUE LIGHT. So then, the WORD that was MADE flesh and was GIVEN the name Jesus and through HIM speaks of both the Father and the Son all men) might believe (might believe in Almighty God the Father, the TRUE Light, which Jesus came to reveal to mankind and also believe in the SON OF God. You see dear child of God, Jesus came to SHOW us the FATHER and not himself. Jesus said the he could do NOTHING of HIMSELF and that it was the FATHER dwelling IN him who did the work. This is why I say the “THROUGH HIM” speaks of BOTH the Father and his SON Jesus. We MUST BELIEVE in the SON in order to have true fellowship with the Father. And we must have BOTH in order to be given the promise of eternal life. Now if so be one dogmatically demands that HIM cannot possibly mean BOTH the Father and his Son, then the correct interpretation should be that the HIM refers to JESUS who came in the NAME of the Father to TEACH what his God and Father showed him to teach.)
8. He (again can be referring to John the Baptist as SOME interpret, but again I myself interpret that the HE here refers to JESUS who) was NOT the LIGHT,(speaking of the LIGHT being Jesus if so be one interpret the "he" as being John the baptist. But again I myself interpret that Jesus came to show us the FATHER as being the TRUE light, the ONE TRUE God so therefore to ME, the "HE" refers to JESUS, the SPOKEN logos OF God, who was NOT THE LIGHT, but who rather came to bear witness of the true light being Almighty God the Father. So then, to ME John the Baptist was not the promised one to come, the CHRIST. But i do agree that John was sent by God to POINT to JESUS. So again to ME I interpret the phase "he was NOT the LIGHT as being Jesus NOT being that TRUE LIGHT) but was sent to bear WITNESS of that LIGHT. (In other words, one could interpret this verse as John the Baptist was sent from God to point to Jesus as being the CHRIST, the Son of God, a light sent into the world to bear witness of his God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the SOURCE of the true light, and say that this means that JOHN is NOT that LIGHT. But is this what the ENTIRE CONTEXT teaches us? You see, Jesus came to show us the Father. Remember that in the book of Revelation Jesus is called the faithful and true WITNESS. So the John the baptist was sent by Almighty God to bear witness of Jesus to be the SON OF Almighty God being "a" LIGHT of the world showing us the FATHER. John did indeed bear witness of the light and bear record that Jesus is the SON OF God. So both John and Jesus were "A" light, but in truth the WHOLE word of God always identifies the FATHER as being the TRUE LIGHT or the SOURCE of all LIFE and LIGHT. So then, one can interpret this verse as JESUS being sent to bear witness of THAT LIGHT being Almighty God the Father, which agrees with Jesus being sent to show us the FATHER and the rest of God's word as Almighty God himself alone being the SOURCE of ALL and Father of ALL and THAT LIGHT who both John and Jesus bear witness)
9. THAT (or that LIGHT which Jesus came to bear WITNESS of ) was the TRUE LIGHT, (In other words, Jesus came to show us the TRUE LIGHT, which is the ONLY TRUE God, Almighty God, the FATHER. That is to say, Jesus was made to be the true and faithful witness and therefore was a true light revealing to us the source of the true light who is the almighty God the FATHER. This verse is WHY I myself have chosen to believe that the pronoun use of he him, and his are all referring to the LOGOS that became flesh for the very purpose of REVEALING to us the TRUE LIGHT being Almighty God himself) which lights every man that comes into the world. (it is Almighty God the Father alone who give LIFE and light to all of mankind. So then, if so be that one interprets John to be the the second SAME and the HE, then what reason do you give to CHANGE the pronoun use to the "HE" in verse 10 to now be speaking of Jesus and NOT John? It would make no sense to say that the "HE" in the next verse refers to JOHN to this we will all agree. But my question is what reason to those who INTERPRET the "HE" is verse 8 as being John BECAUSE they have INTERPRETED the phrase "the SAME" in verse 7 as being John as opposed to KEEPING the phrase :the SAME" to refer to the LOGOS as it does in verse 2.)
10. HE (the SAME, the WITNESS, the LOGOS, the SAYING, the SPOKEN Word, the light who was NOT THAT LIGHT, the TRUE LIGHT but was sent to SHOW us the TRUE LIGHT) was in the world, and the world was made BY him,(or through him as the spoken word of Almighty God the Father where Jesus came forth into being BY him that SAME LOGOS or spoken word. Or more precisely the world was made FOR him by the spoken word of Almighty God the Father who created all things FOR the SAKE of his SON Jesus. What the writer is trying to get across is the HOW that Almighty God HIMSELF literally BECAME a human being, which was BY of through SPEAKING FORTH his desires, thoughts and PLANS to BE into BEING. The WORD was MADE to BECOME FLESH, because the SPOKEN SAYING of God is what God HIMSELF DESIRED to BE or to BECOME. Remember Exodus 3:14 "I SHALL BECOME WHO or WHAT I AM BECOMING" The "I" is referring to Almighty God YAHWEH HIMSELF becoming WHO and WHAT HE is BECOMING by SPEAKING himself into existence in this case as a human being in the womb of the Virgin Mary to be BORN of a woman to BECOME the Son of MAN who was then GIVEN the NAME Jesus) and the world knew him NOT. (In other words, the HE here is verse 10 does NOT refer to JOHN so again what reason do those give for INTERPRET the HE in verse 8 as being John and then CHANGING it for now apparent reason her in verse 10? Also the world as a whole does NOT believe or know that Jesus came forth OUT FROM God. Not the Jews, NOT the Muslims, and NOT the many other religions of the world. ONLY true born again Christians have this understanding that Jesus was SENT by Almighty God who was BORN or BEGOTTEN of God in the womb of the VIRGIN Mary without a HUMAN father who conceived him)
11. He (referring to Jesus, but in truth it was Almighty God HIMSELF who) came unto his own, and his own received him not. (Now please understand that I am NOT saying that Jesus IS Almighty God the Father, but rather I ma showing you HOW Almighty God HIMSELF literally became a human being STRIPPING himself of ALL his DIVINE NATURE to take on the NATURE of humans. Again please read the study WHAT DOES GOD INCARNATE MEAN?" for the TRUE sound Biblical teaching of Almighty God himself manifesting himself to become a human being as opposed the the main stream church man made doctrine of God the SON, the SECOND so called person of the trinity, who became FLESH)
12. But as many as received him,(referring to Jesus as the SON OF almighty God the Father) to THEM gave he (again referring to the SAME, the Word, the WITNESS gave he to them that received him or BELIEVE on him as the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God) power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (referring to the name of Jesus, which again mean Yahweh saves or the salvation OF Yahweh. You see dear child of God, Jesus is able to give eternal life to whomever he so chooses because his god and father GAVE his SON Jesus the power and the authority to do so. If you read the Bible with your eye OPEN you will see that everything that Jesus is or has was GIVEN TO him BY his God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God and that Jesus IS, has been and will ALWAYS be UNDER and SUBJECT to his God and Father. But the DEEPER meaning of this verse is that whosoever receives the WORD of God, the LOGOS of God, the SAYING of God, the SPOKEN word of God BELIEVING, then that LOGOS of God contains the LIFE and the POWER to make us become the sons of God so long as we CONTINUE to BELIEVE in his NAME which means YAHWEH saves or the salvation OF Yahweh.)
13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but OF God (whom the Bible itself always clearly identifies as being the FATHER alone with the exception of ONE verse, which is Hebrew 1:8,9 where we see the Father saying to his SON your throne O God is forever, but verse nine clearly shows us that the Father is THE GOD over his SON Jesus being "a" god who is under and subject to his God and Father. Please read the study "DOES HEBREWS 10 TEACH US THAT JESUS IS YAHWEH?").
14. And the Word (the SAME that was in the beginning with Almighty God the Father) was made flesh (and became the witness, which was NOT the TRUE LIGHT, but the WITNESS that was SENT to bear witness of the TRUE LIGHT which is the Father, Almighty God, the only true God. And the WORD that was MADE flesh, or came into EXISTENCE as a HUMAN BEING and was GIVEN the name Jesus AFTER the spoken Word was MADE to become flesh or a human being), and dwelt among us (as the Son of man), (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only BEGOTTEN of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, that the SUBJECT of this whole passage of scripture is the WORD that WAS with God or more precisely WITHIN God in the beginning and then was the word SENT by Almighty God by way of his angel Gabriel to be MADE flesh or be conceived to the womb of the virgin Mary to be born the Son of MAN and dwell among us to SHOW us the FATHER the SOURCE of all LIFE and all teaching that brings LIGHT and true understanding of the ONE TRUE God being the FATHER alone.
My main point is the show you that the LOGOS, the SAYING, the SPOKEN word of God coming OUT FROM WITHIN the God is the TRUE LIGHT who BECAME the Son of MAN or brought the Son of MAN into existence, and NOT is that Jesus is NOT the LIGHT, as in, referring to the TRUE LIGHT, which is speaking of Almighty God the FATHER and his SPOKEN LOGOS. Yes, Jesus is "A" light sent OUT into the world to bear witness of the TRUE LIGHT, which gives UNDERSTANDING of the TRUTH that give ETERNAL LIFE. And yes so are we and John called a light. But this does NOT mean that WE, John or Jesus are the TRUE LIGHT, as in, the source of all light, but rather that we only bear witness of the true light.
You see, when John 1:1 is kept in the CONTEXT of where it is found, then it is IMPOSSIBLE for this verse to mean that Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God, because the Word was SENT BY Almighty God the Father for a WITNESS to bear witness of the LIGHT, the TRUE LIGHT, which is Almighty God the Father revealing himself THROUGH his SPOKEN WORD. In other words, Jesus did not come to bear witness of HIMSELF, but rather Jesus came to bear witness of Almighty God the Father to be the TRUE God. And for God to reveal HIMSELF to mankind he CHOSE as being the WAY he would do this was to prepare himself a HUMAN body so he could come and DWELL IN that body of flesh we know to be JESUS who became God SON the FIRST BORN from the dead. And all who BELIEVE that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living God born from the dead never more to die shall also INHERIT eternal life as well.
Now please read the LITERAL translation of John 1:1-14 which AGREES with what I have just taught you that the SPOKEN word of God is ALIVE or LIVING or has LIFE to make ALIVE or QUICKEN or bring into existence. And then you will see that this is WHY Jesus is able to NOW give eternal life to us who BELIEVE, because the SON was GIVEN this same LIFE to HAVE in himself even as the Father has always had LIFE withing himself.
Here is the LITERAL translation of John 1:1-14:
"In beginning was the SAYING, and the SAYING was TOWARD THE God (or WITHIN THE God), and God was the SAYING. (or God became the saying, which one could teach that God had in his mind and thoughts and plan for his LAMB to be slain even before the foundation of the world who he knew would obey his God and Father's will even to suffer and die on the cross and thus for his Son's complete obedience God HIGHLY EXALTED his SON to become "a" God, "a" Lord, "a" King to rule and reign at his own right hand on his throne for a 1000 years. So then the SAYING of THE God BECAME this God under and subject to THE God so "A" God was the SAYING or "A" God came forth into being by or through the SAYING of THE God. This is what the CONTEXT of John 1:1 is literally teaching us and it AGREES with ALL of God's word without having ANY contradictions.)
2. THIS (or the SAME speaking of the LOGOS, the SAYING of THE God) was in beginning TOWARD (or WITHIN THE God. Remember the definition of the word "TOWARD"? The word “TOWARD” as defined by the American Heritage Dictionary means; 1. in the direction of, 2. in a position facing, 3. somewhat before in time, approaching, 4. with regard to, in relation to, 5. in furtherance of partial fulfillment of. 6. BY WAY OF ACHIEVING; WITH A VIEW TO, 7. IN PROGRESS or IMMINENT, TRACTIBLE, Coming, favorable, future. Also the word “TOWARD” carries the meaning of forward motion, which again agrees with the interpretation of the Word being the SPOKEN WORD. So then, the LOGOS of God was within God having in VIEW to one day have a SON as his desire withing himself, THEN SPOKEN forth this IMAGE withing himself of having a SON in VIEW and BY WAY of ACHIEVING this view, this IMAGE within himself the LOGOS or the SAYING, or the SPOKEN word of God being ALIVE and having the power to create and give LIFE was in progress all through the Old Testament and was IMMINENT to bring forth God's FUTURE SON. And then when SPOKEN by the angel Gabriel and RECEIVED or believed by the Virgin Mary God's word as his SEED was PLANTED in the WOMB of Mary to CONCEIVE God's desire to one day have a SON. Now in truth Jesus was not yet FULLY God's SON, but rather was still yet BECOMING God's Son his yet future yet to be IMMORTAL Son the FIRSTBORN of EVERY new creature, the FIRST born from the dead never to die again, the FIRST to INHERIT of be GIVEN ETERNAL LIFE. This is what this verse in teaching us and NOT that Jesus preexisted as God the Son or some divine Spirit being who was WITH THE God and equal to THE God in every way for this would CONTRADICT the word of God that clearly teaching us that the INVISIBLE Sovereign God whom NO man has ever seen nor can see is the ONLY one who has always been IMMORTAL.)
3. ALL things THROUGH HIM (or all things through the SAME referring back to the logos, the word or the saying that was WITHIN God) CAME TO BE and apart from HIM (the SAME) not YET came to be even one thing which has BECOME (or which has come into being. This verse then PROVES that the Jehovah"s Witnesses teaching that Jesus was the FIRSTBORN of every created to mean that God brought forth Jesus FIRST and THEN Jesus created everything else. NO a THOUSAND time NO! The Bible ITSELF teaches us that NOT ONE single thing which has BECOME was brought into existence WITHOUT the LOGOS. So then, to teach that God had a SON who was called the WORD and that God SON created all things by HIMSELF is to TWIST and distort the TRUTH. All these different teaching TRY and make the WORD to be a SECOND divine eternal being who was WITH Almighty God the Father, who in truth was not yet the Father of his SON. The Bible says THIS DAY have I begotten you, made you, birthed you, brought you forth into existence and yes CREATED you. It makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever to dogmatically demand that the SON never had a BEGINNING and therefore was co eternal with God from all eternity, because the very words, Father and SON demand that the SON have a BEGINNING. The early church argued over this one point until a believer favoring the newly formed or yet forming doctrine of the trinity basically said in his frustration to prove the doctrine of the trinity that Jesus was begotten WITHOUT being begotten. In other words, the are no scriptures to prove that the SON of God was WITHOUT beginning and if you cannot prove from the word of God that Jesus did NOT have a BEGINNING, then you cannot justly and honestly teach that Jesus is CO ETERNAL with THE God. So verse 3 here is NOT saying that ALL things through JESUS came to be, but rather the CORRECT meaning of this verse is that ALL things came to be through the LOGOS, the SAYING or the SPOKEN word of God. And God SAID let there BE light and light WAS or light came to be in existence where light never existed before EXCEPT WITHIN the God BEFORE THE God SPOKE light into existence. And in the SAME way the FLESH that would one day become the TEMPLE of God was brought into existence by the LOGOS, the SAYING of God, the SPOKEN word that was WITHIN the god coming OUT FROM the God as God desire to BE.)
4. In HIM (or in the SAME or in the logos, the saying or the spoken word of God) was LIFE (meaning that the word of God is ALIVE or living having the power to quicken or make alive or give life) and the LIFE was the LIGHT of the humans.(This means that the flesh that was made ALIVE in the womb of Mary was TAUGHT by the Holy Spirit of God who gave him teh TONGUE of the LEARNED to TEACH us, to SHOW us the TRUE light or the give us the TRUE UNDERSTANDING of the ONE TRUE INVISIBLE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the FATHER. You see dear child of God in the Old Testament God REVEALED himself to mankind through his prophets speaking to them and coming upon them to do mighty works so mankind would believe the prophets of God. But in these last days God himself chose to bring a SON into the world and through his SON he would TEACH or reveal himself to mankind. Think of "LIGHT" as UNDERSTANDING of GOD)
5. And the light in the darkness is appearing and the darkness it not grasped
6. BECAME HUMAN (or there came to be human or the came into existence human) having been commissioned beside God name to him John. (Now in the original text there are no verses, but rather all the words are together as one continuous writing. So it is up to the translator as to how he may segment off the words to form the sentences we read in English. So when I read this literal translation I am kind of seeing that perhaps verse 5 going should go with the first part of verse 6 to saying that the darkness did not grasp the truth that the spoken word of God literally came into existence as a human being who would be called God. Let me say this another way altogether without the verse numbers. And the light in the darkness is appearing and the darkness it not grasped coming into existence human. John having been commission to be along side to him name God. Now I know some of you may be thinking that I am twisting the scriptures, but I am not. All I am doing is showing you the reader and seeker of the truth a POSSIBLE translation of these two verse. Another possibility is that at time certain parts of the ORIGINAL manuscript are missing of damaged and some words are not CLEAR so the translator does his best to FILL IN those uncertain places. One though came to me studying these two verse in the LIGHT of the CONTEXT is that MAYBE that NAME JOHN is not clear and should have been "...and name to him JESUS" instead of John. Again I am not a Bible theologian who reads, writes and speaks Greek who has access to the ORIGINAL manuscripts, but one thing I do know is that verse 6 has always seemed OUT of PLACE to me even well before God began showing me the truth about "WHO IS JESUS?") So then, if so be, that the ORIGINAL manuscript said JESUS instead of John we would have the following: " And the light in the darkness is appearing and the darkness it not grasped coming into existence human having been commission to be BESIDE God mane to him JESUS." Now please understand that I am NOT TEACHING this, but rather I am merely showing you some THOUGHTS that I have.
7. This one came into witness that he should be witnessing concerning the LIGHT that all should be believing through him (or all should be believing through the same. Now to ME considering the WHOLE word of God we are taught to believe in God the Father THROUGH JESUS and NOT John the Baptist, because it was Jesus whom God raised up to SHOW us the FATHER to be the ONE TRUE God or to give us the TRUE UNDERSTANDING of the TRUE God.)
8. NOT was that one the LIGHT (or not the SAME was THAT LIGHT) but he came that he should be witnessing concerning the LIGHT.
9. It (or THAT LIGHT in verse 8 where HE came the HE should be witnessing or revealing the LIGHT. So IT the LIGHT, the HE, the SAME, the LOGOS, the SAYING, the SPOKEN word of God) was the LIGHT the TRUE LIGHT which lights every human coming into the world. (Now to ME, it is Almighty God the Father alone by himself who is the LIFE, the breath of LIFE giving LIFE to EVERY human being. And to ME, I clearly see that the LOGOS itself having LIFE or being ALIVE quickens or makes alive or gives LIFE to all of mankind. And I also see that it is Almighty God the father HIMSELF who is REVEALING himself by or through his LOGOS, his SAYING, his SPOKEN word who BECAME flesh. But I can also see the INTERPRETATION of others who dogmatically demand that the phrase "the SAME'" or THIS ONE and the pronouns HE are referring to John the Baptist and not Jesus, because of the second use of the SAME or this one IMMEDIATELY following the name JOHN. But what I cannot see is the reason to change the pronoun use of HE in verse 7, and 8 from referring to John to being Jesus in the next verse, which we all agree must without fail be speaking of Jesus. All I am saying is that the SUBJECT matter of the entire CONTEXT is about the LOGOS, the SAYING of God being WITHIN the God coming forth OUT FROM the God to BECOME flesh, the Son of MAN)
10. In the world he was and the world through him came to be and the world him not knew. (Again darkness does not GRASP that the SPOKEN word of God literally became a HUMAN being, the Son of MAN who was given the name Jesus to BECOME the WAY of salvation to those who BELIEVE on the NAME of Jesus. So again the HE and HIM here is speaking of the LOGOS which will be made FLESH, the Son of MAN in verse 14. John is teaching us HOW Jesus came to BE.)
11. Into the own he came and the own ones him not accepted.
12. As many as yet got him he gives to them authority (or right) children of God to BE BECOMING to the ones BELIEVING into the name of him. (The LITERAL translation clearly shows us that we are only the sons and daughters of God as we CONTINUE in the FAITH unto the END)
13. Who not out of bloods nor yet out of will of flesh nor yet out of the will of man but out of God were generated. (speaking of being born of God not physically but rather being born again to become a spiritual son or daughter of God and given the promise of eternal life, which we shall receive in the world to come, IF SO BE we are found to be that good and faithful servant unto the END, the END being either the end of our physical life or the END being the exact moment Jesus comes us and those who are found faithful are change to immortality in a MOMENT and in a twinkling of and eye so fast that there will be NO time to repent AT the second coming of Jesus so BE READY. Start getting sin out of your live now.)
14. And the SAYING flesh became (or the spoken word or the SAYING of God BECAME flesh) and tabernacles in us (or among us) and we gaze at the glory of him (speaking of Jesus, the word of God made to become a human being and then HIGHLY EXALTED to sit at the very right hand of Almighty God) as the glory of the only generated one BESIDE the Father."
To ME, I do understand that Jesus being the ONLY generated one does indeed mean or teach us of Jesus's UNIQUE VIRGIN birth, but I also want you to see that this verse speaks of Jesus becoming the FIRST BORN form the dead never to die again. And because of his OBEDIENCE his God and Father HIGHLY EXALTED his SON Jesus to be the ONLY one to sit BESIDE the Father on the Father's throne. For FURTHER evidence to support what I am saying about the TRUE LIGHT being Almighty God the Father please read the word of God in 1 John 1:5 that teaches us that GOD is LIGHT.
Here is 1 John chapter 1 to keep 1 John 1:5 in it's CONTEXT.
1. THAT which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of LIFE; (this is what John chapter 1 is saying. THAT is speaking of the LOGOS, the spoken WORD of THE Almighty God being brought OUT FROM WITHIN THE God which has LIFE or is LIVING and has the power to CREATE or make alive or give LIFE. John is saying we were eyewitness to the MAN who was literally brought into existence WITHOUT a human father by the SPOKEN WORD of Almighty God. The Bible does indeed teach that Almighty God HIMSELF LITERALLY became a HUMAN being, which is called God INCARNATE. However the main stream church twists this Biblical teaching to dogmatically demand that JESUS as God the SON became a human being, but REMAINED fully God, because they CLAIM that God cannot stop being God. But I say to you that when the spoken word of God becomes a TREE does the tree REMAIN to be FULLY God? No it does NOT! And Philippians 2 clearly teaches us that when the spoke WORD became flesh that he the living God laid aside ALL of his DIVINE NATURE to LITERALLY take on HUMAN NATURE. Please read the study "WHAT DOES GOD INCARNATE MEAN?" for the true sound Biblical meaning of the word of LIFE becoming a human being.)
2. (For the LIFE was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal LIFE, which was with the FATHER, and was manifested unto us;) Almighty God is the SOURCE of all LIFE who ALONE has always been IMMORTAL having LIFE withing himself being self existing and having no beginning. we are taught in John 5:26 that Jesus was GIVEN eternal life even as the Father HAS LIFE. " For as the Father HAS LIFE IN HIMSELF; so has he GIVEN to the Son to have life in himself;" So Jesus was not and eternal divine being UNTIL he was GIVEN immortality BY HIS God and Father the LIFE and the SOURCE of all LIFE.
3. THAT which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that you ALSO may have fellowship with us (So John is speaking to NON believers in Jesus here. Keep this in mind, because it is important to understand this TRUTH when dealing with false teaching like Calvinism that wrongly oppresses Christians to keep then under the bondage of sin by MISS quoting verse 10 OUT of CONTEXT): and truly our fellowship is with the Father, AND with his Son Jesus Christ.
4. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5. This then is the message which we have heard of him ( Speaking of Jesus. In other words, here is what the word of LIFE who became a human being in the womb of Mary that was given the name Jesus taught us to teach YOU), and declare unto you, that GOD is LIGHT, and in HIM (Almighty God the FATHER) is no darkness at all. (So Jesus HIMSELF taught his disciples that his God and Father IS LIGHT, which is the same thing that the gospel of John chapter 1 teaches us about Almighty God the Father being THAT LIGHT which is the TRUE LIGHT.)
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him (Almighty God. Remember John is speaking to NON believers right now to have fellow ship with them and the disciples fellowship is truly with the FATHER and with his Son Jesus the Christ. Remember that the Jews boasted that they did not need to be set free. The Jews did not believe that Jesus was the SON OF God and they THOUGHT that they need ONLY believe in the Father. They did not believe that they MUST believe in God's SON in order to have TRUE fellowship with THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the FATHER.), and walk in darkness (the darkness here can and does INDEED mean SIN, but it also means NOT walking in the TRUTH that Jesus is the SON OF the living God whom God ANOINTED. 1 John 4 teaches us that if we do NOT believe in the doctrine or the teaching of CHRIST then we are ANTI CHRIST or teachers against the ANOINTING that came in the flesh of Jesus. So John is telling us here that if we say we love God and say that we have fellowship with God but walk in SIN or we do NOT believe the TRUTH that Jesus is the CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE, the SON OF the living God), we lie, and do not the truth:
7. But if we walk in the light, as he (speaking of Almighty God the Father) is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin. (You see the word "LIGHT" means to appear, to show or the reveal. So for the one true INVISIBLE God to be SEEN he needed to MANIFEST himself in a VISIBLE way. It the old Testament God spoke to the humans by his prophets but in these last days God MANIFESTED HIMSELF to become a HUMAN being in the womb of Mary which he later ANOINTED at the baptism of his SON Jesus to EMPOWER his Son to live without sin and do all the will of his God and father even to suffer and die on the cross for the sins of mankind. So God sent a LIGHT into the world to reveal the TRUE LIGHT. So if we walk in this LIGHT or in this TRUTH we have fellowship with God, his SON Jesus and with one another and the blood of his SON cleanse us from all our sin. This is the gospel being taught to NON believers in Jesus in this CONTEXT)
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (Again remember that the context of this verse is speaking about those who are NON believers in Jesus being presented the gospel to JOIN believers in Jesus in order to have TRUE fellowship with the Father AND with his SON. These Jews did not THINK that they needed to be set free from any bondage. But John is telling them in different words that ALL have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God).
9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."
Again verse 10 is a repeat of verse 8 being taught to those who are not yet believers in Jesus as their MESSIAH who died for their sins. Then in the next chapter we see John speaking to BELIEVERS saying that God is faithful to forgive us of our sins when we CONFESS our sins. My main point that I want you to see is that Jesus himself taught his disciples that hid God and father IS LIGHT and the TRUE God. Jesus came to show us the FATHER
So then, Jesus is God's SON, which Almighty God the Father SENT out into the world to bear witness of the LIGHT, the TRUE LIGHT, which is Almighty God the Father. Jesus came to show us the one TRUE God Almighty God the Father. Please read John 17:3 which says,
Now again I believe the Jesus IS God, but I do NOT believe that Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY God as the man made "DOCTRINES" of ONENESS and the TRINITY teach. And I believe that Jesus came OUT FROM God by Almighty God speaking forth his SAYING or word out from WITHIN him to bring forth his SON into existence. the Bible teaches us that that which is SEEN is made from that which does not APPEAR or more precisely out of the INVISIBLE that no man can see. So wrongly interpret this verse in Hebrews and say that God makes things out of NOTHING, but this is NOT what the original text teaches us. In truth God creates everything out of HIMSELF as you will see as you continue to read this study in God's word. So as I clearly teach in the study ""WHAT DOES GOD INCARNATE MEAN?" I believe that Almighty God HIMSELF LITERALLY became a HUMAN being. But as I show from the Bible itself God STRIPPED himself of ALL his DIVINE NATURE to literally become FULLY a human being WITHOUT having ANY advantage over any other human being. Then in the fullness of time Almighty God ANOINTED his SON Jesus by coming to DWELL IN his SON and this is HOW Jesus did the works men saw hi do. The FATHER IN him did the works.
You see dear child of God, the difference between what the "DOCTRINE" of the trinity teaches and what I am teaching is that what I teach is in a NON dogmatic demanding way which does NOT CONTRADICT the word of God in any way. I always leave it to my readers and seekers of the TRUTH to decide for themselves what they choose to believe. I simply present you with ALL the evidence that I have come to find from all sides of the argument and it is between YOU and God to work out your own salvation. Yes I do indeed given you my OPINION or what I myself have concluded, but as always I leave the evidence in YOUR hands for YOU to decide what teaching to believe
So YES the Bible does say that Jesus is the light of the world, but it ALSO says that WE are the light, but we are NOT the TRUE LIGHT just as Jesus is NOT the TRUE LIGHT, as in, Jesus is NOT THE ALMIGHTY God, who ALONE is the FATHER and the SOURCE of all light. So again the TRUE LIGHT is the LOGOS came down from heaven being SPOKEN forth OUT FROM WITHIN the God to BECOME whatever God himself desires to BE, and in this case God himself desired to BECOME the Son of MAN so he could DWELL IN his Son Jesus.
Please read 1 Timothy 6:13-16, which clearly teaches us that Almighty God the Father, who ONLY has IMMORTALITY from all eternity past dwells in the LIGHT which no mortal man can approach or has ever seen nor can ever see.
"I give you charge in the sight of God, who quickensall things (speaking of Almighty God the Father who is the giver of all LIFE), AND before (or AND in the sight of) Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
14. That you keep this commandment (or TEACHING) without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: (so then we are being given CHARGE here to KEEP this commandment or TEACHING)
15. Which in his times he shall show (referring to the first and second comings of Jesus that Jesus will SHOW), who is the blessed and ONLY Potentate (or sovereign ruler over all), the King of kings , and Lord of lords;
16. Who ONLY has immortality, dwelling in the LIGHT which no man can approach unto; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen."
You see Jesus, the Son of Almighty God the Father, did NOT possess IMMORTALITY like Almighty God the FATHER himself, UNTIL the day that Jesus was highly exalted by his God and Father and was then GIVEN this eternal LIFE to have within himself even as the Father has this immortal life within himself. And WHO gave Jesus immortality? The ONLY one who has always possessed IMMORTALITY in HIMSELF who dwells in the LIGHT, who NO mortal man has ever seen NOR who no mortal man can ever see. And this WHO that Jesus came to SHOW is always clearly identified by the Bible ITSELF as being the FATHER.
So then I ask you dear seeker of the TRUTH, WHY does the main stream church NOT teach this TRUTH? WHY do they INSIST that Jesus came to SHOW us HIMSELF when the Bible clearly states that Jesus came to SHOW us the FATHER. This question can easily be answered when you KNOW that there is a DECEIVER in the world who does NOT WANT us to know the TRUTH for he fears that when the church gets a hold of the TRUTH it will be the book of Acts all over again. Satan TREMBLES before those who KNOW the ANOINTING dwells in THEM that dwelt IN Jesus. So I implore you dear child of God to KNOW that the same God who DWELT IN Jesus NOW DWELLS IN YOU. Please read 1 Corinthians 3:
"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ (or Jesus ANOINTED in the flesh).
12. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; (speaking of building the kingdom of God with BELIEVERS where these believers can be strong well grounded Christians rooted in the TRUTH to not be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine OR with believers who are WEAK in faith, baby Christians who are not taught CORRECTLY who may fall away from the faith and lose their reward of eternal life in the world to come)
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. (meaning that every believer will be tested or tempted to see whether they will REMAIN faithful or turn back to their world ways and lose their reward of eternal life in the world to come)
14. If any man's work abide which he has built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (meaning if those we disciple remain faithful unto the end they shall live and we who disciple them shall share in a reward.)
15. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. (meaning that any believer one brings into the kingdom falls away then THAT believer shall be burned and suffer loss, but the one who preached salvation to him shall not lose his or her salvation, but this does not mean that any believer will ever be completely saved form being TEMPTED in this present world. There is also a deeper meaning to the fire here being a literal fire at the second coming of Jesus that shall test the faith of those of us who have survived and remain alive unto the second coming of Jesus)
16. Know you NOT that YOU are the temple of GOD, and that the Spirit of God DWELLS IN YOU?"
Again the SAME almighty God who DWELT IN Jesus NOW dwells IN YOU as a believer. So how could Jesus HIMSELF be ALMIGHTY God himself when Almighty God the Father DWELT IN his SON Jesus. can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Jesus came to SHOW us the FATHER who is the ONLY one who has always been an IMMORTAL DIVINE SPIRIT dwelling in the LIGHT having LIFE in himself and GIVING life to his SPOKEN SAYING or spoken word to be brought forth into existence coming OUT FROM WITHIN THE God what God himself desires to BECOME.
Please read John 5:26,27 which clearly teaches us that Jesus did NOT ALWAYS possess LIFE within himself, but rather Jesus was GIVEN this immortal life BY his God and Father the one true an only Almighty God whom Jesus came to SHOW us as the ONLY Potentate or sovereign ruler over ALL including being GOD, KING and LORD over his Son Jesus whom he MADE to be both Lord and Christ and "A" King of all kings and "A" Lord of lords, and "A" God to rule and reign AT his God and Father's SIDE on his Father throne for a 1000 years, which the Son will commit BACK into his God and Father's hand after the 1000 years has ended so that THE God may be all in all.
"For AS (or in the same way that) the Father HAS life IN himself; (or who ALONE has IMMORTALITY) so has he GIVEN to the Son to HAVE life in himself;
27. And has GIVEN him authority to execute judgment also, BECAUSE he is the Son of MAN."
Please read the study "JESUS THE SON OF MAN" which explains why it was important for Jesus to be a MAN whom God has ANOINTED. But for now let us focus on John 17:3 which we read just a moment ago so that we can see again that in order to have the promise of ETERNAL LIFE abiding in us we are to KNOW Almighty God the FATHER as the ONLY TRUE God, AND we are to KNOW his SON Jesus whom Almighty God SENT into the world to be our Passover LAMB that Almighty God provided for himself for us. Remember Abraham telling his son that God would provide his own lamb to sacrifice.
The word of God CLEARLY teaches us that we must have BOTH the Father AND the SON in order to be abiding in the doctrine of CHRIST. And the only way to have the Father is the have the SON. So how can anyone dogmatically demand that there is just ONE being when the Bible ITSELF clearly teaches us that we must have BOTH? And how can anyone say that we must without fail believe in THREE in order to be saved when the Bible ITSELF clearly only teaches us of TWO?
Please read 2 John verses 5 through 11 which says,
6. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7. For many DECEIVERS are entered into the world, who confess NOT that Jesus Christ is come in the FLESH. This is a DECEIVER and an antichrist. (So then, do the "DOCTRINES"of oneness and the trinity TRULY teach that JESUS ANOINTED came in the FLESH or Jesus? They SAY that the do, but YET they ALSO say that Jesus is FULLY ALMIGHTY God. Whenever I teach people about HOW to live free from sin I hear from those who teach the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of oneness argue and say that ONLY JESUS can live WITHOUT sin. And WHY do they say this? Because they BELIEVE that Jesus is ALMIGHTY God and ONLY GOD can live WITHOUT sin in their minds because of WHAT they have been TAUGHT. In other words, most trinitarians and oneness believers do NOT truly see Jesus being ANOINTED by his God and Father and that this SAME ANOINTING NOW DWELLS IN THEM to EMPOWER them to live without sin. Yes Jesus is the only human being who lived his whole life without sin, but this does NOT mean that YOU cannot possible live WITHOUT sin after being filled with the Holy Spirit and coming to the knowledge of the TRUTH. I teach Jesus ANOINTED or the ANOINTING coming to dwell IN the flesh of Jesus because this is what the word of TRUTH teaches us. Now you can continue to be deceived and make excuses to yourself and God that you cannot live without sin because you are only human and the only reason Jesus lived without sin was because HE was FULLY ALMIGHTY God Himself and fully a man at the same time. But as for ME I am going to walk in the LIGHT and in the TRUTH and keep SIN OUT of my life to the glory of Almighty God who DWELLS IN me to EMPOWER me to do the same works men saw Jesus do.)
8. Look to yourselves, that we LOSE NOT those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.(speaking of ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come and the reward we will receive for the STRONG believers they disciple, who will remain faithful unto the end to walk in righteousness keeping sin OUT of their lives. Do you not know that not every believer in Jesus will hear the words well don my good and faithful servant, ENTER into the joy of your Lord? And that Jesus will say to some who have even cast out devils in the name of Jesus to DEPART from him because they are living in iniquity or sin when they died of when Jesus comes again?)
9. Whosoever transgresses (or SINS), and abides NOT in the DOCTRINE of Christ, has NOT God. He that ABIDES in the DOCTRINE of Christ, he has BOTH the Father AND the Son.
10. If there come ANY unto you, and bring NOT THIS DOCTRINE, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11. For he that bids him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."
I think it wise that we should understand WHAT this DOCTRINE of CHRIST is lest we TRANSGRESS this doctrine of CHRIST and do NOT receive our full reward of eternal life in the world to come. I say eternal life is our FULL reward, but I do not mean that if one does NOT believe that Jesus is ANOINTED that they shall LOSE their reward of eternal life. For you see the doctrine of CHRIST also means that Jesus is the CHRIST meaning MESSIAH as well and all Christians do indeed believe that Jesus is the Messiah. But remember that the word "CHRIST" means not only that Jesus is our Messiah but ALSO that Jesus is ANOINTED with the Holy Spirit of Almighty God the Father. So this passage of scripture is teaching us that whosoever transgresses this DOCTRINE or this TEACHING that the ANOINTING came in the FLESH of Jesus is an ANTI CHRIST or a teacher who DECEIVES believers by teaching against the ANOINTING. So then, what exactly does the ANOINTING mean in the LIGHT of the whole word of God? So the words FULL reward may speak of an added reward to our reward of eternal life and we may be in danger of NOT receiving that ADDED reward, but still yet receive our reward of eternal life. YOU decide for yourself between you and God. For ME the more I learn about the ANOINTING the MORE power a receive to DO the same works Jesus did THROUGH the ANOINTING.
Acts 2:38 teaches us that Jesus did all the mighty works of healing NOT by his OWN hands, but rather that he did these mighty works of healing THROUGH the ANOINTING or the infilling of the Holy Spirit of Almighty God the Father that dwelt IN Jesus.
You see, Jesus did NOT do the mighty works the he did BECAUSE Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God in the FLESH, but rather because the Holy Spirit OF Almighty God the Father was WITH his Son Jesus. It was the Holy Spirit of Almighty God DWELLING IN the MAN Jesus that did these mighty works of healing. Other verses which we will get to in a moment clearly show us that Almighty God the Father HIMSELF dwelt in his SON Jesus where Jesus says that he can do NOTHING of HIMSELF and that it is the FATHER IN him who does the work.
And in the THIS WAY is HOW Jesus as a MAN, a HUMAN BEING in the FLESH just like you and me lived his live WITHOUT SIN. Now I am NOT saying that Jesus is just like every other ordinary human being, I teach that Jesus is the ONLY UNIQUELY begotten Son of God, but I do NOT go BEYOND what the Bible ITSELF teaches to dogmatically demand that Jesus if FULLY Almighty God and fully a man at the same time having TWO natures one divine and one human. WHERE does the Bible ITSELF teach this man made doctrine of the deity of Jesus? I can tell you where! NO WHERE!
Please read Hebrews 9:14 which says,
IF SO BE that Jesus were FULLY the DIVINE ALMIGHTY God in the flesh then Jesus would not have needed to over come sin THROUGH the eternal Holy Spirit DWELLING IN him, because how can ALMIGHTY God himself DWELL IN Almighty God himself? And also the Bible ITSELF clearly teaches us the GOD cannot be TEMPTED. And do not try and tell me that it was the HUMAN SIDE of Jesus that was tempted. If YOU do not want to see the TRUTH that Almighty God DWELT IN his SON Jesus then that is between you and God, but as fro me I am going to teach the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God.
In other words, I am teaching that the WORD which was WITH Almighty God in the beginning was MADE or BECAME 100% FLESH. The Word WAS Almighty God when the Word was WITH God, but then Almighty God SENT forth his WORD into the world and WORD then BECAME FLESH or was MANIFESTED into a HUMAN BEING. Then Almighty God the Father sent his Holy Spirit to DWELL IN this human being that was given the name Jesus to EMPOWER his Son Jesus to live his WITHOUT SIN and DO the works that his God and Father sent him to do. Then when Jesus did all that Almighty God the Father sent him to do Jesus became OBEDIENT unto death even death on the cross and BECAUSE of his Son's OBEDIENCE Almighty God then HIGHLY EXALTED his Son and GAVE him a NAME that is ABOVE every name so that the angels and mankind will bow their knee to the NAME of Jesus TO the GLORY of Almighty God the FATHER. Please read Philippians 2:5-11 from the New International Version.
6. Who, being in very NATURE God, did NOT consider EQUALITY with God something to be grasped, (Jesus read and was given UNDERSTANDING of the scriptures and KNEW that the scriptures spoke of HIM. Thus Jesus KNEW that he came OUT FROM WITHIN God to be conceived in the womb of his Mother name Mary. Jesus KNEW that he did NOT have and earthly father and this is why he said he was FROM above and WE are from below. Jesus KNEW that God was his Father who begot him in the womb of Mary. Jesus KNEW that his God and Father GAVE him ALL POWER and ALL AUTHORITY and yet Jesus never once grasped at the opportunity to be seen to be equal with his God and Father. When the disciple where GIVEN power and authority BEFORE the day of Pentecost they said to Jesus shall WE call fire down form heaven and destroy them? And Jesus rebuked them. NOT because they did not have the power and authority to call fire down from heaven, but rather because this would be of a WRONG spirit to SHOW OFF your power and authority, And also a wrong spirit to KILL others even though we may THING they deserve it)
7. BUT made himself NOTHING, taking the VERY NATURE of a servant, being MADE IN HUMAN likeness. (This is speaking of Almighty God himself making the choice that when HE became of human being that HE would lay aside ALL of his DIVINE nature to take on HUMAN nature. The HIMSELF hear is speaking of the LOGOS, the SAYING of God that was WITHIN the God who GAVE VOICE to his intentions, thoughts, plans, and desires to BE. The LOGOS in the OLD Testament NEVER prophesies of a coming GOD/MAN being FULLY God and fully a man at the same time having TWO natures one divine and one human. This is MAN's THEOLOGY or THEORY having NO basis in SCRIPTURE. The was not one single Jew looking for a GOD/MAN and no true believer in the ONE God would ever believe such a teaching. This man made doctrine did NOT come into existence until the third century and then took almost a century to be FORCE upon Christians by the Roman Catholic church.)
9.THEREFORE (or for this very REASON of becoming obedient to die on the cross) God (Almighty God the Father his God and Father) EXALTED him to the highest place (next to God himself) and GAVE him the NAME that is above every name,
Jesus came to bring GLORY to his God and Father. Jesus came to bear WITNESS of the TRUE LIGHT, Almighty God the FATHER, the ONLY TRUE GOD. Jesus is NOT THE ALMIGHTY God, who alone is the FATHER, but rather Jesus the Son of Almighty God the Father who was sent BY his God and Father to bear witness for the TRUE LIGHT, the Father.
Let us continue this study in God's word by reading 1 John 1:5-7 which says,
“This then is the MESSAGE which we have heard of HIM ( or the disciples of Jesus head Jesus, the WITNESS, the SPOKEN Word became flesh, Jesus the Son of God teach them these words), and declare unto you, that God (speaking of Almighty God, the FATHER) is LIGHT, and in him is no darkness at all. (so these words are the very words of Jesus HIMSELF spoken to his disciple teaching us that Almighty God the Father is LIGHT and in HIM is no darkness at all.)
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him (Almighty God the Father), and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7. But if we walk in the LIGHT, as he (Almighty God the Father) is in the LIGHT, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.”
Remember the words of Jesus for US to be PERFECT even as our Father in heaven is PERFECT. YES we are to walk in the steps of Jesus who did no sin, because Jesus obey the words of his God and Father to be PERFECT even as his Father in heaven is PERFECT.
Let us look at some other translations of John 1:1 keeping in mind that the Greek word that is translated as God is “theos” which may ALSO be translated as “god” with a SMALL letter “g” which would indicate “a” god of LESSER authority, which I believe to be the true meaning of this verse that has been so misunderstood for so long. The Old testament equivalent of the Greek word "theos" is the Hebrew word "elohim" which means God or god and also means mighty one, or one who is great in power. No one really knows what the word "God" truly means, but in defining God almost always there is attributed to God as being a Mighty one with great power or ALL power. Hence the term ALMIGHTY God, which means that that is NO God that is OVER the ONE TRUE and ONLY Almighty God the Father. Keep this in mind, whenever you see the word God from now on please KNOW that this word "God" comes from a word in the original language that can mean God, god or mighty one. With that being said, let us continue this study in God's word.
John 1:1 from the New English Bible says,
“When all things began, the Word already was. The Word dwelt WITH God and what God was, the Word was.”
In other words, what God SPOKE...was, or more precisely, what God spoke...was... in that, WHAT Almighty God SPOKE came into being just the way God said it would be through his spoken WORD. Look at Genesis chapter one and verse three which says,
“And God SAID (or God spoke forth his word or his DESIRE WITHING HIMSELF to BE), Let there BE light: and there was light.”
Or light came into being where light never existed before EXCEPT WITHIN God himself as his desire to BE. In the same way God thought or imagined what he desired and then SPOKE FORTH his thought, which then became his EXPRESSED IMAGE coming OUT FROM the God that the Bible calls the WORD or the SAYING of God. That is to say, God SENT his word OUT FROM WITHIN himself into the earth and it was SPOKEN by his messenger, the angel Gabriel, to a virgin whose name was Mary. And Mary in turn came into AGREEMENT with the “WORD” of God that was SPOKEN to her by the angel and SAID or SPOKE, "be it unto me ACCORDING to your WORD". In other words, WHAT God was WITHIN himself that he IMAGINED to BE, or WHAT Almighty God desired to BE, the Word was or the word was made to BECOME or come into existence, in that, the WORD of Almighty God was in AGREEMENT with WHAT God's inner most being or DESIRE WAS, as in being his exact IMAGE within himself, which was to have a SON born of a woman, and that his Son would do all his will and become the REDEMPTION of mankind, the LAMB SLAIN from BEFORE the foundation of the world.
In other words, what God's thoughts, intentions or what God's will WAS, the Word was. The Word... was... God, in that, the Word... was... the EXACT EXPRESSION of what God was WITHIN HIMSELF. Or more precisely the Word...was...the exact expression of God's thoughts or imagination. Hebrews 1:3 says that the Son was the EXPRESS IMAGE of God's person. Almighty God EXPRESSED himself through his spoken WORD, and then his Word became the EXPRESS IMAGE of God's person. You see when God's will is spoken in FAITH, the WORD of Almighty God will come into being to bring about God's will.
The Greek word that is translated as "IMAGE" in Hebrews 1:3 is "charackter" which means the exact representation. The Word REPRESENTS what God IS. "And what God was, his word was."
I believe this is how the "Word was God" in John 1:1. What God was he then spoke forth in his Word, which then AGREED with what God was, and then his Word was MADE into or came into being as what God desired in his thoughts. So please do NOT twist what I am saying to CLING to the false doctrine of the trinity and say that Jesus was a literally SEPARATE DIVINE ETERNAL BEING who was WITHIN the being of God called God the SON the second person of the trinity. NO a THOUSAND times NO! If so be that this verses teaches a TRINITY, then WHERE is the so called THIRD person of the trinity? Again the LOGOS is NOT a SECOND person but rather God's SPOKEN DESIRE to BE. This is HOW God himself CREATES and brings his desires into existence. And one of the DESIRES that God had was to have a SON so he SPOKE forth his desire. God EXPRESS the IMAGE that was WITHIN him and JESUS came into being that same way that God creates all things by SPEAKING them into existence.
Call me a liar, call me a false teacher, call me a heretic, call me whatever you choose, but I stand FIRM in the TRUTH that the LOGOS is NOT a SEPARATE divine eternal being called God the SON who has always preexisted with the Father WITHOUT EVER having a BEGINNING.
The “Word” in the Greek is the word “logos” which indicates the SPOKEN as well as the written word. So then, as I said earlier, the Bible says that the Word or “logos” was with God and NOT that “Jesus” was with God necessarily in a bodily form as yet, but only in God's THOUGHTS and DESIRES to bring into existence.
You see, the Word or “logos” may have been WITH God in the sense or the essence of God's thoughts and intentions. That is to say, the Word was in agreement with God's design and WILL to bring into being or into EXISTENCE a Son. And then, in the fullness of time God sent forth his THOUGHT or what he IMAGINED in the form of his SPOKEN Word, which was then manifested in the FLESH as his ONLY BEGOTTEN Son, who would be the FIRSTBORN of many sons and daughters of Almighty God. This is what brought God pleasure and delight. This is WHEN Almighty God ACTUALLY BECAME the FATHER of his ONLY BEGOTTEN Son, Jesus.
Please take a look at Hebrews 1:3-6 which says,
"Who being in the brightness of his glory, and the EXPRESS IMAGE of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.
4. Being MADE so much better than the angels (speaking of Jesus being HIGHLY EXALTED of Almighty God only AFTER that Jesus became OBEDIENT unto death on the cross this is WHEN Jesus was MADE or became so much better than the angels) as he has by inheritance OBTAINED a more excellent name than they.
5. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, You are my Son, THIS DAY I have BEGOTTEN you? And again, I WILL be to him a FATHER, and he SHALL be to me a SON?
6. And again, WHEN he brings in the FIRST BEGOTTEN into the world, he says, LET all the angels of God worship him."
This last sentence "And again, when he brings in the first begotten into the world" can also be translated as "When he BRINGS AGAIN the first begotten into the world" let all the angels of God worship him. To ME this is indeed referring to the SECOND COMING of Jesus when God AGAIN BRINGS IN Jesus into the world to RULE and REIGN for 1000 years. It is at this time at the second coming when God brings in AGAIN the first begotten into the world at which time Jesus is given the kingdom of Almighty God his God and Father to rule and reign, and the angels of God shall worship him. This is the TIME when Jesus actually sits to judge the angels who rebelled against Almighty God. Please keep in mind that a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. Te final judgment will be at the end of the 1000 years.
Anyway getting back on track. When Jesus was BORN of the virgin Mary, he BECAME the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God. Then when Jesus was raised from the dead by his Father, Jesus BECAME the FIRST BEGOTTEN Son. Jesus was the FIRST BEGOTTEN of the DEAD, but he shall not be the ONLY begotten from the DEAD.
In summation of John 1:1 in my own words, "The Word was in the beginning and dwelt with God in his thoughts and desires. And what God's thoughts were the word became exactly those very thoughts of Almighty God. What God expressed through his Word was or came into being."
So yes the LOGOS, the SAYING of God, the SPOKEN word of God does have that same divine nature of God being God himself as God's EXPRESSED desire to BE that comes OUT FROM God to come into being. BUT what comes into being does NOT have a DIVINE nature. If this were true, then WE would also be divine beings or deity. The word of God PLAINLY and CLEARLY teaches us that this WORD being in the FORM of God left behind every trace of his divine nature and was BORN a man like as we are in every way. And this man was then GIVEN the name Jesus, which means the salvation of Yahweh, or the salvation of Almighty God. In other words, the NAME Jesus means Almighty God saves. Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in the Lord, that Almighty God CHOSE from before the foundation of the world that he would one day have a SON born of a woman to DWELL with mankind his BRETHREN in order to be a WITNESS of the TRUE LIGHT.
Can you not see that Jesus then grew and learned as every man does. He worked. He slept. He ate. He was tempted in all points like as we are tempted. He lived in a PHYSICAL body just like we do. He felt pain. He felt sorry. He wept. He rejoiced. He was concerned. He had compassion. All the emotions we go through, Jesus went through. Yet he did not sin. WHY or HOW was he able to do live his life WITHOUT giving into temptation, seeing he was a MAN just like you and I?
This is this WHOLE point of the "WHY?" of this study, is to bring you, the reader, to seeing the TRUTH of God's word that Jesus was a MAN, FULLY MAN in every way, just like you and I, and who was WITHOUT any special advantage as being Almighty God in the flesh or even the Son of God in the flesh when he lived his life without giving into temptations, the SAME temptations that you and I go through. Can you not see that Jesus is the WAY. Jesus came to show us the WAY. Jesus was our EXAMPLE to follow. The WAY Jesus lived his life is the ONLY WAY to the Father.
So how did he do it? HOW did Jesus live his live without sin being a mere human being like you and me being TEMPTED the same way we are tempted? The WHOLE word of God teaches us that Jesus lived his live without sin and did the miracles that he did THROUGH the ANOINTING of the Holy Spirit of Almighty God his God and Father.
And this SAME Holy Spirit is made available to EVERY believer, so that we may also follow his example, the WAY that he set for us to FOLLOW, which is to live our lives without sin.
Can you not see that these FALSE teachings, such as the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus, and the doctrine of oneness hold back the body of believers from living their FULL potential that God intended for them to live, because these false teachings plant the WRONG thinking in believers that ONLY JESUS can live without sin because Jesus IS GOD.
Please understand that I am NOT bringing Jesus DOWN to our level, but rather i am teaching you that the SAME ANOINTING who DWELT IN Jesus NOW dwells in YOU as a believer to EMPOWER YOU to live without sin and DO the SAME works the the FATHER did DWELLING IN his Son Jesus.
The doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus and the doctrine of oneness has led Christians to believe that "we are only human and are born in sin, and therefore it is our human NATURE to sin." These FALSE DOCTRINES of men teach us "that SINNERS are who we ARE". In other words, these FALSE DOCTRINES teach us that "we cannot help but sin, by saying that there was only ONE who walked without sin, and his name is Jesus, and thereby leading us to believe that we cannot possibly be able to keep the commandments of God, which we are COMMANDED to KEEP in order to have RIGHT to the tree of ETERNAL LIFE". Please read Revelation 22:1-15 which says,
" He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12. And, behold, I come quickly; and my REWARD is with me, to give every man ACCORDING as his WORK shall be.
13. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14. BLESSED are THEY (or ONLY THEY) that DO his COMMANDMENTS, (WHY?) THAT (or so THAT) THEY ( again speaking of ONLY THEY who DO of KEEP the COMMANDMENTS of Almighty God, that THEY) may have RIGHT to the tree of life, and may ENTER in through the gates into the city.
15. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whore mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loves and makes a lie."
DO NOT be DECEIVED !
GET SIN OUT OF YOUR LIFE !
QUIT BELIEVING THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY ONE
WHO CAN LIVE WITHOUT SIN !
WE ARE CALLED TO BE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS WHO DID NO SIN !
Yes it is true that Jesus is the only one who lived his whole entire life without sin. And yes it is true that all of mankind has sin at one time or another in his of her lifetime except for Jesus who did NO sin. But this does NOT mean that once you accept Jesus as your savior so that you can be filled with the Holy Spirit of Almighty God to EMPOWER you to live a life pleasing to God that you must continue to live in sin using the man mad EXCUSE saying that you are ONLY HUMAN and it is you NATURE to sin. Jesus live his life without sin THROUGH the power of the eternal Holy Spirit of Almighty God and now that same Holy Spirit lives within YOU to empower YOU to live your life without sin and DO the mighty works that Jesus did in the NAME of Jesus.
You see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, YOU cannot LIVE the life God desires you to live except YOU yourself BELIEVE that you can based on the promises in God's word. In other words, if you yourself do NOT BELIEVE you can LIVE without sin, then you will never be able to LIVE without sin. For you see, WITHOUT FAITH it is impossible to PLEASE God. We can only live without sin through or by FAITH. Any thing that is not of FAITH is SIN. So were is boasting then? There is none, because the justified shall LIVE justly by or through FAITH. Are you getting a hold of this yet?
But this is not at all what the word of God teaches. Man was created upright and then chose to follow the voice of the enemy and sin. For a deeper understanding on how to live your life without sin and come to the knowledge of the TRUTH that mankind in NOT born as SINNERS as the false doctrine of original sin teaches, then please read the studies entitled, “HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE FREE FROM SIN”, “THE AGE OF ACCOUNTABILITY”, “THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER”.
Believers have said to me, “Even if this doctrine of the trinity is false, what does it matter. It is not as if this teaching is going to keep anyone from being saved.” Well it may not matter to you or to some, but to me the TRUTH matters and the knowledge of the truth sets us free as opposed to the LACK of knowledge God's people are destroyed. And I know personally that this DOCTRINE of the trinity has kept people from believing in God, because they cannot get their head around this complex and confusing doctrine of man. I also know that some are leaving their faith and converting to ISLAM, because of the doctrine of the trinity. You may not see it, but I definitely see that this false DOGMATIC doctrine is pushing people AWAY from God, rather than DRAWING people TO God.
This is the WHOLE purpose of this study and this website to point out the errors by which we have been DECEIVED in order that we may GROW in the Lord and walk in the FULL potential of God's WILL for us. You may choose to embrace and receive these instructions in the TRUTH, or you may choose to REJECT them. You are still my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.
Whether you believe in divine healing may not keep you from receiving eternal life, but it will effect how you LIVE NOW in this life. For you see, as to whether or not some may or may not be SAVED is how one DEFINES salvation, because the true meaning of salvation includes the HEALING of our physical bodies. Not understanding what SALVATION or being SAVED actually means according to the WHOLE word of God and HOW we obtain salvation causes many believers and non-believers alike to NOT be SAVED in the FULLNESS that God intends. Please read the studies entitled “HOW CAN I BE SAVED?”, “WHAT IS THE TRUE MEANING OF GRACE” , “I AM THE WAY; WHAT DOES JESUS MEAN?”
The word of God plainly teaches that Jesus is the Son of God and that the Word was MADE flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus stripped himself of every advantage and BECAME a man just like you and I are. For a deeper understanding of this TRUTH please read “JESUS THE SON OF MAN”.
God was WITH Jesus in the form of the Holy Spirit. The Bible clearly shows us that Almighty God the Father ANOINTED his SON Jesus with the Holy Spirit and that it was THROUGH the Holy Spirit that Jesus lived his live without sin and did the miracles that he did. In you would like to know more on the subject that will empower you to ALSO walk as Jesus walked, then read “JESUS THE CHRIST” and "THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER".
As I said earlier, the purpose of this study was not to dogmatically say that John 1:1 means this way or that way, but rather show to you, the reader, that there is more than one way to interpret this verse of scripture that seems to be such a stumbling block to those who have been taught the DOCTRINE of the trinity and the deity of Jesus, and does NOT DEMAND to mean that Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God in the flesh. For further PROOF the Jesus is NOT THE ALMIGHTY God please read the study called "IS JESUS THE ALMIGHTY GOD?"
The fact remains that the word of God does NOT contradict itself. It is only in the way we interpret the word of God that there arises contradictions. So if there is ANOTHER way to interpret a verse of scripture that DOES NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word, then one would be wise to reject the INTERPRETATION that DOES CONTRADICT not only the context of where it is found, but also conflicts with many other verses in the word of God.
With that being said please read the study entitled “JESUS THE SON OF GOD”. This study presents many multiple verses of scriptures that clearly and plainly show that Almighty God the Father and Jesus his Son are TWO completely separate beings, and are NOT one and the same as the DOCTRINE of the trinity FALSELY teaches.
Therefore to try and make ANY verse in the word of God to to interpreted as meaning that Jesus IS Almighty God in the flesh is to OUTRIGHT IGNORE these many multiple verses that CANNOT be interpreted any other way. These verses prove without any shadow of a doubt that Jesus is NOT Almighty God in the flesh, as the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus FALSELY teaches, if one is willing to weigh ALL the evidence before making a judgment. Please keep in mind that this one single study in God's word is NOT by any means ALL the EVIDENCE. Therefore if you are TRULY seeking the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God please read all the studies I have written on this subject and others BEFORE making your judgment.
One final translation that I would like to show you is as follows, however I do not know that name of the Bible from which it came. I just have it in my memory, because I see the Word of Almighty God being everything that Almighty God is, but not necessarily actually BEING THE Almighty God, but rather an EXPRESS IMAGE of Almighty God.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH GOD, and WHAT God WAS the word WAS.”
In other words, WHATEVER God THINKS to BE he then SPEAKS forth his WORD and then his Word BECOMES what God IS in his THOUGHTS and PLANS.
Acts 2:36 teaches us that Almighty God the Father MADE his SON Jesus BOTH to be LORD and CHRIST.
"Therefore let all the house of Israel KNOW ASSUREDLY, that God (Almighty God the FATHER) has MADE that same Jesus, whom you have crucified, BOTH Lord and Christ."
As I said early on in this study I would explain further on in this study some QUESTIONABLE verses that may SEEM to be saying that Jesus came DOWN out of heaven, as in, God literally sent his SON down from heaven to the earth and his SON became a human being. First of all let me say that the REASON that some verses SEEM to be saying that Jesus came down out of heaven and therefore MUST have literally preexisted in some separate divine form WITH or BESIDE God is that this is what you have been dogmatically demanded to believe over and over for so long and you have NOT been clearly taught anything to the contrary.
Here is the first verse that some use to try and teach that Jesus preexisted up in heaven as a separate divine Spirit being apart from the Father by his side as God the Son. Please read John 6:38, which says,
"38. For I came DOWN from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me."
Now those in the main stream church who teach the doctrine of the trinity INTERPRET this verse to mean the Jesus PREEXISTED up in heaven as a SEPARATE person of the trinity being God the SON whom God SENT down from heaven to become a human being, but still yet REMAIN FULLY Almighty God in the flesh.
But as you have already seen from this study of John 1:1 the WAY that Jesus descended or cam DOWN out of heaven is through the SPOKEN LOGOS, the SAYING of God, the SPOKEN word of God, which God SENT DOWN out of heaven BY his angel Gabriel to SPEAK to the Virgin Mary and when Mary RECEIVED or BELIEVED God's SPOKEN word saying be it done unto me ACCORDING to your WORD, then the word was planted as a SEED it the womb of Mary to conceive the Son of MAN who would be called the Son of the highest.
Also you have already learned that there is but ONE ALMIGHTY God and ONE SPIRIT and this ONE ALMIGHTY or SOVEREIGN God ALONE has always possessed IMMORTALITY within HIMSELF. So therefore it is a CONTRADICTION to say that there were TWO ETERNAL divine Spirits up in heaven WITHOUT beginning.
So then what can we learn from the CONTEXT of this verse in question? Please read John 6:32-63, which agrees with John 1:1 where the LOGOS came down from heaven the SHOW us and given us true understanding of teh one true and only ALMIGHTY God the Father.
" Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father gives you the true BREAD from heaven.
33. For the BREAD OF God IS HE which comes down from heaven, and gives life unto the world. (so again what came down from heaven in John 1:1? It was the LOGOS, the SAYING of God, the SPOKEN word of God that BECAME flesh in order to TEACH us about the TRUE God the FATHER. The Son of MAN was manifested to SHOW us the FATHER. The word "BREAD" in the Bible is compared to TEACHING or doctrine.)
34. Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this BREAD (not yet understanding that Jesus is speaking of the TEACHING of God come down from heaven).
35. And Jesus said unto them, I am the BREAD of LIFE (or I am come to TEACH you WORDS that will lead you to ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come if so be that YOU RECEIVE what I TEACH to you): he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst. (again meaning BELIEVING on the WORDS of TEACHINGS of Jesus. One such teaching of Jesus is that he is the CHRIST, the ANOINTED one who was prophesied to come.)
36. But I said unto you, That you also have seen me, and believe not. (Please understand that not all of Israel is Israel. In other words, SOME of the Jews where of the seed of ISHMAEL and not if Jacob. In short those of the seed of Ishmael will not believe that Jesus is the SON OF the living God who died for their sin, but rather they would believe ANOTHER prophet coming AFTER Jesus who was Muhammad.)
37. All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out.
38. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39. And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son (meaning UNDERSTANDING the TEACHINGS of Jesus), and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
41. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.
42. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he says, I came down from heaven? (They are still yet NOT understanding that it is the TEACHING from God come down from heaven. You see dear child of God Jesus was TAUGHT of the Holy Spirit and God gave his Son the TONGUE of the learned to TEACH what God had taught him down here on the earth. Please read Isaiah 50:4, which says, "The Lord GOD has GIVEN me the TONGUE of the learned, that I should know how to SPEAK a word in season to him that is weary: he wakens morning by morning, he wakens mine ear to hear as the LEARNED." Jesus TAUGHT his disciples and us that he must suffer and die on the cross for the sins of the world and that those who RECEIVED and BELIEVED his WORDS or TEACHING will be given ETERNAL LIFE. This is why Jesus is called the BREAD or TEACHING of LIFE come down from heaven from the Father.)
43. Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
44. No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. (Again Jesus is talking to a MIXED group of Jews who are NOT ALL of Israel and NOT under the promise given to Abraham concerning his son JACOB and NOT his son ISHMAEL.)
45. It is written in the prophets, And THEY shall be all taught of God. (speaking of the seed of Ishmael being TAUGHT of God during the 1000 year reign of Jesus. Not ALL Muslims, but only those who repent AT the second coming of Jesus. EVERY one in this present age must come to God through his Son Jesus. So any Gentile, ANY Jew, and ANY Muslim can come to Jesus and the Father by RECEIVING and BELIEVING the TEACHING came down of heaven.) Every man therefore that has heard (Heard what? Heard the BREAD or TEACHING come down from heaven), and has learned of the Father, comes unto me.(Remember that this TEACHING come down from heaven came to REVEAL to us the ONE TRUE and ONLY Almighty God the FATHER.)
46. Not that any man has seen (UNDERSTOOD the LOGOS OF) the Father, save he which is OF God, he has seen (or UNDERSTOOD the TEACHINGS of) the Father.
47. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on me has everlasting life. (WHY? Why is those whosoever BELIEVES on Jesus has everlasting life abiding in them so long as they continue to believe on Jesus unto the end? BECAUSE Jesus said...)
48. I am that bread of life.(Meaning that Jesus was saying that he has brought us the TEACHING that will bring us ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come.)
49. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50. This is the bread (or TEACHING, the WORDS or the LOGOS, or the SAYING of God I speak to you are LIFE) which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. (Eating bread or eating the TEACHING of God means to RECEIVE and BELIEVE the TEACHING of God)
51. I am the living bread (or I am the LIVING LOGOS of God) which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this BREAD (or if any man RECEIVE and BELIEVE my WORDS of my TEACHING from God), he shall live for ever: and the BREAD (or the TEACHING from God) that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.(meaning that Jesus is beginning to TEACH the Jews that he must suffer and die on the cross for their sin and the sins of the whole world. Jesus is NOT teaching the man made Roman Catholic doctrine of "TRANSUBSTANTIATION". NOR is Jesus teaching us that taking COMMUNION with give us eternal life)
52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? (They did not understand that Jesus was TEACHING of his death and resurrection which they MUST believe in order to receive eternal life in the world to come.)
53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you. (Eating the flesh of Jesus means BELIEVING that the body of Jesus was bruised for our SINS and the drinking of the blood means BELIEVING that Jesus shed his blood for our sins. And if we do NOT believe this TEACHING of Jesus we have NO eternal life abiding in use.)
54. Whoso eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. (Same as above but BELIEVING the TEACHINGS of Jesus handed down to his disciples who were eyewitness that what he TAUGHT them would take place BEFORE it took place. Jesus KNEW before hand his death and resurrection because God TAUGHT it to him from the LOGOS come down from heaven to the prophets of Old who wrote down the LOGOS of God)
55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. (meat and drink gives life to the physical body and the TEACHING of the bruised body and shed blood of Jesus when BELIEVED or eat and drank will bring ETERNAL LIFE to those who RECEIVE and BELIEVE the TEACHINGS of Jesus.)
56. He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells in me, and I in him. (same as above)
57. As the living Father has sent me, and I live BY the Father (Meaning that the Father gave LIFE to his SON Jesus where Jesus was TAUGHT by his God and Father the JOY that was set before Jesus if so be that he OBEYED ALL the Father's WILL even to suffer and die on the cross from the sins of the world.): so he that eats me (or RECEIVES and BELIEVES my WORDS), even he shall live by me.
58. This is that BREAD (or TEACHING from God) which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this BREAD (or TEACHING from Almighty God the Father himself) shall live for ever.
59. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60. Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? (It is doubtful that even the disciples UNDERSTOOD what Jesus was saying this early in his ministry. BUT if they did understand they were not expecting their MESSIAH to suffer and DIE but rather DELIVER them from the enemies, which were the Romans at this time in history.)
61. When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62. What and if you shall see the Son of man ASCEND UP where he was before? (or what if you shall see the Son of man after he is crucified be raised up from the dead to LIVE AGAIN and ascend up where he was before? Well the only time that the Son of MAN was ever up in heaven with God was right after God raised him from the dead and he ascended to the Father saying to Mary Magdalene to NOT touch him BECAUSE he had NOT YET ASCENDED to his God and Father. And the Bible does NOT tell us that ANYONE actually SAW the Son of MAN ascend up into heaven this FIRST time right after his resurrection. THEN the Son of MAN descended back down to the earth and showed himself ALIVE forever more, which tells me that at his FIRST ascension into heaven Almighty God the Father gave his Son eternal life. Then after the forty days of showing himself alive the Son of MAN ascended up to heaven where s was BEFORE and his disciples SAW him. So Jesus knowing things taught to him from God may be referring to his SECOND ascending up into to heaven where he was SEEN by his disciples. Now if one dogmatically demands that this is NOT what this verse is saying, but demands that Jesus is saying what and if you shall see the Son of man ASCEND UP into heaven where he was before he came down from heaven means that Jesus preexisted up in heaven before the foundation of the world, then I say that the Son of MAN could not have LITERALLY preexisted and therefore Jesus means by the word "BEFORE" as his ORIGIN from where he originated coming out from WITHIN the God being brought forth into existence as the Son of MAN by the spoken word of God. Jesus KNEW that his ORIGIN was from God so he is saying that the Son of MAN shall ascend up to God from which he came forth and his disciples would SEE his ascension into heaven to be seated at the right hand of God. The BIBLE ITSELF never says that God the SON came down from heaven to become the Son of MAN. You have to consider the WHOLE word of God and the Bibles says that the Holy Spirit came upon Mary and she conceived. The Bible says that the angel Gabriel SPOKE the WORD of God to Mary and she conceived, but NO WHERE does the Bible ever say anything about the SON OF God coming down from heaven and we know that the Son of MAN was never up in heaven UNTIL AFTER his RESURRECTION from the dead. So this verse is NOT teaching us about a PREEXISTING God the SON from all eternity past without ever having a beginning.)
63. It is the spirit that quickens (or it is the SPIRIT the ONE TRUE and ONLY Almighty God the FATHER who MAKES ALIVE); the flesh profits nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and THEY are LIFE."
Which is the same thing that John chapter one teaches us that LIFE is in the LOGOS, the SAYING of God, the SPOKEN word of God. So the ME, the ONLY way that Jesus PREEXISTED was as ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF. And the WAY that Jesus preexisted as Almighty God himself was as God's DESIRE WITHIN HIMSELF. And then WHEN God SPOKE FORTH his DESIRE from WITHIN himself God SPOKEN word BEGAN to come into being just like God SAID in Exodus 3:14. "I AM THAT I AM", which literally means
"I SHALL BECOME WHO OR WHAT I AM BECOMING."
God's word is ALIVE and in God's word is LIFE. God is LIFE so what God was his word was.
Then we read from John 16:27-31 where Jesus teaches us that he came FORTH FROM God and that he CAME OUT FROM God, which agrees with the LOGOS, the SAYING of God, the SPOKEN word of God which CAME OUT FROM WITHIN God when God SPOKE FORTH his Son into existence in the womb of the Virgin Mary.
So the CORRECT understand of John chapter 6 or Jesus being the living BREAD of God come DOWN FROM Heaven is that Jesus UNDERSTOOD the Scriptures and knew and taught that his ORIGIN is from Heaven by the SPOKEN word of God which CAME OUT FROM God's MOUTH speaking hi into existence in his mother womb.
Also the disciples UNDERSTOOD that Jesus was speaking of his TEACHING coming forth FROM God.
“For the Father himself loves you, because YOU have loved me, and (YOU) have believed that I CAME OUT FROM God. (So the disciples believed that Jesus CAME OUT FROM God and NOT that Jesus was Almighty God HIMSELF)
28. I came forth from the Father, AND am come into the world (which can be interpreted as Jesus coming forth from God by the SPOKEN word of God speaking him into existence AND then God SENT him OUT INTO the world to TEACH us about the TRUE God showing us the FATHER. Jesus never taught of HIMSELF but always gave all the glory to the FATHER): again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. (simply meaning that Jesus knew that he would ascend to the Father AFTER his resurrection.)
29. His disciples said unto him, Lo, NOW speak you plainly, and speak no proverb.
30. NOW are we SURE that you KNOW all things, and need not that any man should ask you: BY THIS (the great knowledge of God you have that you TEACH us) we BELIEVE that you CAME FORTH FROM God. (In other words, the disciples were saying that the UNDERSTOOD NOW that when Jesus sad that he came DOWN from heaven and the living BREAD that he was speaking his TEACHING had come FORTH from God down to him out of heaven)
31. Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?”
Jesus is not saying that his disciples did not UNDERSTAND his words or TEACHING that came froth from God down out of Heaven, but rather Jesus is saying do you really BELIEVE knowing that when TESTED they would run and hide. But Jesus also knew that AFTER the cross their earthen vessel would be cleansed of all sin so that the Holy Spirit could come and DWELT IN them and they would be were Jesus was before the cross being EMPOWERED by the INDWELLING of the Holy Spirit.
Let us move on to the next verse in QUESTION that those who teach the doctrine of the trinity try and use to prove that Jesus PREEXISTED up in Heaven WITH God the Father as God the SON the second person of the trinity.
Please read John 17:5, which says,
“And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.”
As I have said many times that any verse taken out of context and viewed alone apart from the rest of God's word may SEEM to be saying something that it is not TRULY saying.
So then, this verse when interpreted in the LIGHT of what we have just learned about the ORIGIN of Jesus being IN Heaven having come out of the God and spoken into existence combined with Jesus KNOWING that the scripture spoke of HIM it is clear to me that Jesus KNEW the PROPHECIES of his FUTURE glorification where his God and father would glorify his Son with his OWN self meaning that Almighty God the Father would give LIFE in his Son even as the Father has always had immortal life in himself. And this was is God's PLAN for his Son even before the foundation of the world or before the world was.
Please read Proverbs 8:22-31 where we see Almighty God REJOICING over his SON in the INHABITABLE part of the EARTH BEFORE God ever CREATED the earth of BEFORE the world was.
“The LORD (referring to YAHWEH the Lord God Almighty who is the FATHER alone) possessed (which means acquired, bought, purchased redeemed, brought forth into existence, formed, or created) ME (Jesus, the SON OF God) in the beginning of his way, (all these meanings of God ACQUIRING his SON teach us that Jesus not only had a BEGINNING but also that this passage of scripture is PROPHECY of yet a future fulfillment concerning Jesus and NOT teaching us of a literal PREEXISTING Jesus) before his WORKS of old. (The meaning of the word “WORKS” here LITERALLY means PRECEDING his CONTRIVANCES of old. And this word contrivance means that God had his Son in MIND preceding his CLEVERLY DEVISED ingenious PLAN, which was to have an INNOCENT MAN be SLAIN without cause so he could redeem or but back his NEW creation called the HUMAN that he has not yet created PRECEDING the foundation of the world. You see dear child of God creating a NEW species of being called the humans a little lower or inferior to his previous creation the ANGELS, where 1/3 of them rebelled against God under the leadership of Lucifer, now known as Satan or the Devil is PART of God's ingenious plan to prove that he created Lucifer perfect in all his ways and thus God will clear his own name for his own sake that was being defamed by the false accusation from Lucifer BLAMING God for his own prideful sin saying God created him evil and it was not his fault therefore God has no right to judge him. Please read the study “UNDERSTANDING WHY?” for the BIG picture and all the verses that answer many, many questions Christian have such as WHY doe God allow evil in the world? Please understand that this verse like all verses must be interpreted in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God and AGREE with the rest of God's word. If one interprets this verse alone and apart from the rest of God's word it may SEEM that Jesus was brought forth BEFORE the foundation of the world and was LITERALLY by the side of God as a SECOND person or being as God's Son. However in the light of the WHOLE word of God which you will see that the correct meaning of this verse is that Jesus is God FIRST DESIRE WITHIN himself to have a SON BEFORE God begins creating or preparing a PLACE FOR his Son, which is the world. You see dear child of God, it is like proud EXPECTING parents awaiting their unborn child who are PREPARING a room for their YET COMING child.)
23. I was set up (this word has several meanings which are #1 God INAUGURATE his Son or APPOINTED his Son to be a King of kings) from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. (Also this word translated as set up in the King James version also carries the meaning of being POURED OUT as a drink offering is poured out. So when we take this meaning and compare it to the scripture that teaches us that Jesus is the LAMB that was SLAIN from BEFORE the foundation of the world we can see that Proverbs 8:22-31 is a PROPHECY about a YET FUTURE fulfillment from the time it was SPOKEN by God and then written down by men of old. We all KNOW that Jesus was NOT LITERALLY SLAIN BEFORE the foundation of the world, and in the same way Jesus did NOT LITERALLY PREEXIST by the side of God BEFORE the foundation of the world. But rather the SON OF God dwelt in God's MIND or WITHIN God before the foundation of the world and it was AS IF his Son was BY his side where God had WITHIN him an IMAGE of his yet FUTURE Son before the foundation of the world So please humor me and read these verse seeing God as a proud parent EXPECTING his yet UNBORN child and God is preparing a place, the world, FOR or FOR the SAKE OF his yet future unborn SON who is yet to be brought into existence)
24. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; (The LITERAL meaning of this word “brought forth” means TRAVAILED as a women in labor pains about to BIRTH a yet unborn child. This word also means to WAIT PATIENTLY or to look for teaching us again that Jesus, the SON OF God was still yet WITHING the God who was anxiously AWAITING his Son to be brought forth or born of the Virgin Mary and then to be the FIRST BORN from the dead to forever be God's Son by his side LITERALLY. So all these words teach us that Jesus was BEING brought forth in the MIND of God as part of God's CONTRIVANCE to prove to Lucifer, the fallen angels and to the good angels that ALL that God creates is PERFECT and he has every right to judge Lucifer and the fallen angels. And all this is taking place in God's MIND BEFORE the recreation of the earth that was destroyed or made waste in the WAR between God and the fallen angels who were trying to take over God's throne. Again please read the study “UNDERSTANDING WHY?” for all the verses that show what I am saying about this war or rebellion of Lucifer and the fallen angels. But for now please understand that God was TRAVAILING or if you will PREGNANT with his yet unborn SON) when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: (same as above, which means that Jesus was yet in the womb of God's MIND and deep DESIRE WITHING himself BEING brought forth into existence. Remember Exodus 3:14 where God says “I AM THAT I AM”, which LITERALLY means “I SHALL BECOME WHO or WHAT I AM BECOMING”)
26. While as yet HE (Almighty God) had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. (Now those who teach the PREEXISTENCE of Jesus also teach that Jesus HIMSELF created ALL things, but ALL the verses in the OLD Testament CLEARLY and PLAINLY in SIMPLICITY teach us that Almighty God himself ALONE and by HIMSELF created ALL things. Please read the study "EPHESIANS 3:9-11---DID JESUS CREATE ALL THINGS?" for a sound Biblical teaching letting the Bible speak for ITSELF clearly showing that Almighty God HIMSELF created ALL things FOR or FOR the SAKE of his SON Jesus, just like Proverbs 8:22-31 is teaching us.)
27. When HE (Almighty God himself) prepared the heavens, I was there (Meaning the Jesus was there in his THOUGHTS and DESIRES WITHING himself as if I was literally by his side while HE was PREPARING a place for ME): when HE set a compass upon the face of the depth: (the LITERAL meaning of God setting a COMPASS upon the face of the deep is INTO DELINEATE OF HIM, which means that God is drawing out, sketching out, making a blueprint, designing WITHIN himself in his THOUGHTS and IMAGINING how he will prepare this place for his yet unborn SON. This word DELINEATE also means to PICTURE is WORDS or to PORTRAY in WORDS. In other words, God was PICTURING in his MIND within himself FORMING words, his LOGOS, or his SAYING withing himself to portray the IMAGE that was WITHIN himself to bring it forth into existence and Jesus his yet unborn Son was the CENTER of this IMAGE that God had withing himself. God was designing a PORTRAIT of the IMAGE withing himself to CREATE.)
28: When HE established the clouds above: when HE strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29. When HE gave to the sea HIS decree, that the waters should not pass HIS commandment: when HE appointed (DESIGNED or delineate in himself ) the foundations of the earth:
30. Then I was by him, AS ONE one brought up WITH him (Now these last two verse clearly teach us that this passage of scripture is a PROPHECY of the future fulfillment of God's SON being brought forth into existence and that it was AS IF Jesus was by his side WHILE God was PREPARING the world FOR or FOR the SAKE OF his yet unborn Son. Please notice in the next verse that Jesus was REJOICING IN the habitable part of the EARTH that had NOT YET been created as yet, but was still yet in the MIND and PLAN of God WITHIN himself yet to be brought forth into existence): and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31. Rejoicing IN the HABITABLE part of his EARTH; and my delights were with the sons of men.”
Let us take an even CLOSER look at the LITERAL meanings of some of these words in these last two verses. The LITERAL translation of Proverbs 8:30, 31 says:
“And I was beside him FOSTER CHILD and I was delectation day day one GAMBOLING to faces of him all of time.
31. One GAMBOLING inhabiting of earth of him and delectation of me the sons of humans.”
So then, ALL OF THE TIME WHILE God was PREPARE the world for his yet unborn SON Jesus God was PORTRAYING or painting a portrait in his MIND PICTURING his yet future unborn SON GAMBOLING in the EARTH that God is yet PREPARING FOR or FOR the SAKE OF his yet unborn FOSTER child with DELECTATION over his coming into being unborn SON.
Let us consider the meanings of these word so we can see that PICTURE or portrait that God was painting in is MIND forming the IMAGE of what he DESIRED to BE brought into existence.
First of all the word beside has another meaning other than being BY the side of God. When we consider the abundant GREAT JOY and delight that was WITHING God picturing his Son to BE the word beside can take on the meaning of being beside oneself, which means out of one's MIND with EXCITEMENT or anticipation having extreme agitation. Now this meaning agrees with verse 24 of Jesus being brought forth as in God was TRAVAILING or birthing his Son WITHIN himself. This word also has the meaning of being extremely agitated with excitement.
Next when see Jesus being a FOSTER child. The word FOSTER mean to raise up a child that is NOT OF your own blood and in this case a child that is NOT own God's OWN DIVINE NATURE. You see dear child of God, when Almighty God himself brought his Son into existence God stripped himself of ALL his DIVINE nature to take on HUMAN NATURE. Please read the study “WHAT DOES GOD INCARNATE MEAN?” for what the BIBLE ITSELF teaches and NOT what the main stream churches teach. Fro now know that Jesus did not take on the divine nature of God becoming IMMORTAL until AFTER his death and resurrection.
Then we see God delighting over his Son. The root word from where this word "DELECTATION" comes in the original text means to DANDLE, which means to bounce up and down on ones knee, or to bounce in one's cradled arms that brought so much JOY to me that I began to cry out loud trembling with joy, praise and love for God. It was during a church service and I was worshiping God with my whole being and I did not want the worship service to stop. And when the singing and praise stopped we all sat down and WITHIN myself I kept on worshiping God enjoying his presence and that is when his presence INCREASED BEYOND what I had ever felt before and I could literally feel his arms around me squeezing me giving me a HUG showing HIS excitement of my worship to him.
This excitement within God I can envision that he had for his yet unborn FOSTER son. Please read the study “ALMIGHTY GOD LOVES YOU SO MUCH!”
Then we see Jesus GAMBOLING, which mean dancing around skipping and playing in the EARTH that God has NOT YET prepared FOR or FOR the SAKE OF his Son Jesus, which clearly and plainly teaches us that Jesus did NOT LITERALLY PREEXIST by his God and Father SIDE as a separate divine eternal Spirit being called God the SON who is CLAIMED to be the one who created ALL things by those who teach the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of oneness and by the Jehovah's Witnesses as well.
But in TRUTH we clearly see right here in this passage of scripture that the DESIGNER, Architect, builder and CREATOR is Almighty God himself HAVING his SON in his MIND doing all of this FOR or For the SAKE OF his SON Jesus.
So then, the correct understanding of John 17:5, which again says,
“And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.”
Does NOT mean that Jesus must without fail had to PREEXIST up in heaven and was asking God to REINSTATE the glory he once had up in heaven, but rather that Jesus READ the scripture and KNEW the scriptures spoke of HIM. So when Jesus read Proverbs 8:22-31 he saw the glory of the love of his God and father for him and was asking God not to forsake him and give him that glory he saw in the scriptures. This prayer to the Father was right before Jesus was to be crucified and like the prayer of the saints right before death they pray fro God to receive their spirits.
Also that word "WAS" can be "TO BE" and some interpret these words of Jesus to mean that Jesus was glorified IN this PRESENT world and was asking God to glorify his SON in the world TO BE or the world to come.
And yet another interpretation of this verse is that Jesus knew the scriptures spoke of him and he knew the JOY that was set before him in the world to come. He knew this was God's plan even BEFORE the world was to glorify his SON so Jesus was asking his God and father to glorify his SON with the glory that God has always intended to glorify his SON in the world to come.
Let us read this verse again and closely consider the words I emphasize to consider this interpretation of Jesus KNOWING the scriptures spoke of HIM and therefore Jesus KNEW the glory that his God and Father was ORDAINED for his Son BEFORE the world was to be given to his SON AFTER his SON obeyed him to do all his will even to suffer and die of the cross for the sins of the world.
“And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I HAD with you BEFORE the world WAS.”
Please notice that I have emphasized three words. The word that is translated as "I HAD" is the Greek word "ECHO" Strong's # 2192, which means to hold, to keep, or to be as a possession or as a condition. In other words, in the light of the rest of Gods's word Jesus is asking his God and Father to glorify him with the glory which God has promised and is holding in store for him. Thayer's Greek to English Lexicon defines this word to mean to have in store. Hebrews 12:1-4 teaches us that Almighty God set something that brought JOY in view before his Son Jesus which gave his SON strength to ENDURE the suffering of the cross.
“Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who FOR (or BECAUSE OF) the JOY that was SET BEFORE him ENDURED the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest you be wearied and faint in your minds.
4. You have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.”
Now we as Christians have a PRIZE that is set before us to strengthen us to ENDURE unto the end that is RESERVED in heaven for us, so why is it so hard to see that Jesus was simply praying and asking God to glorify his Son with the glory that was being RESERVED in heaven for him.
The word that is translated as "BEFORE" as I said early can also mean previous and the word that is translated as "WAS" also means "TO BE". Now some Bible scholars interpret John 17:5 to mean that Jesus was asking to be glorified with the glory which Almighty God the Father was HOLDING IN STORE for to enjoy prior to the world to come. This interpretation does agree with the truth of the whole word of God which teaches us that Jesus is in heaven NOW in his glorified state sitting at the right hand of his Father on his Father's throne.
But even if the writer did not mean the world to come and truly meant before the foundation of the world, the fact that a JOY was set before Jesus still holds true to the understanding of Jesus KNOWING the scriptures spoke of HIM. In other words, Jesus asking the Father to glorify him with the JOY that was set before him still agrees with the whole word of Almighty God as we have already seen from Proverbs chapter 8 where Almighty God had a PLAN devised BEFORE the earth was every created.
29. When HE gave to the sea HIS decree, that the waters should not pass HIS commandment: when HE appointed (DESIGNED or delineate in himself ) the foundations of the earth:
30. Then I was by him, AS ONE one brought up WITH him (Now these last two verse clearly teach us that this passage of scripture is a PROPHECY of the future fulfillment of God's SON being brought forth into existence and that it was AS IF Jesus was by his side WHILE God was PREPARING the world FOR or FOR the SAKE OF his yet unborn Son. Please notice in the next verse that Jesus was REJOICING IN the habitable part of the EARTH that had NOT YET been created as yet, but was still yet in the MIND and PLAN of God WITHIN himself yet to be brought forth into existence): and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31. Rejoicing IN the HABITABLE part of his EARTH; and my delights were with the sons of men.”
Now if you remember the word "DELINEATE" means to devise a CLEVER PLAN and this was what God was doing WITHIN himself before the world was. Also in Proverbs we read where God INAUGURATED his SON BEFORE the foundation of the world, and Jesus KNEW that if he obeyed his God and Father great would be his reward. And WE know that if we OBEY the commandments of God we shall receive the PROMISE of eternal life in the world to come. This is our JOY set before us to ENDURE unto the end.
1 Peter 1:3-13 teaches us that the prophets of old were desiring to look into this glory that was to follow in the world to come.
5. Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6. Wherein you greatly REJOICE, though now for a season, if need be, you are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and GLORY at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8. Whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you REJOICE with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9. Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10. Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11. Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified BEFOREHAND the sufferings of Christ, AND the GLORY that should FOLLOW.
12. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
I believe that Jesus UNDERSTOOD that the scriptures spoke of HIM and so Jesus knew that this GLORY was stored up in heaven being RESERVED for him. So in John 17:4 Jesus is simply asking his God and Father to glorify him with the ETERNAL LIFE that was reserved for him by his Father's side which was planned for his SON BEFORE the foundation of the world and certainly given to him before the world to come.
Now please read Psalm 89:19-27, which clearly teaches us that Almighty God himself is THE ROCK and God OF his SON Jesus.
“Then you (My God and My Father) spoke in VISION to your holy one (the Bible teaches us that Jesus separated himself to pray to his God and Father. And we are also told that it would take all the books in the world to tell of Jesus and even then all would not be told. So even though the New Testament does not specifically tell us of Jesus having a vision and what Jesus saw in that vision we still know that Almighty God spoke to his SON Jesus through visions and revelations by the Holy Spirit. So then Almighty God spoke to Jesus in a VISION), and said, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one CHOSEN OUT of the people.
20. I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: (as in other places David is a SHADOW or a FIGURE or a PROPHECY or the coming Messiah, Jesus, the Son of Almighty God. In other words, through VISIONS and other means Almighty God REVEALED to Jesus that the scriptures spoke of HIM.)
25. I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26. He (speaking of Jesus) shall cry unto me, You are MY father, MY God, and the ROCK of my salvation. (Jesus was saved from hell. God did not leave the soul of his Son Jesus in hell, but rather saved his soul alive by resurrecting his Son from the dead and giving his Son eternal life.)
27. Also I will make him my FIRSTBORN, higher than the kings of the earth.”
In verse 27 we clearly see that this passage of scripture is a PROPHECY of Jesus whom Almighty God will make to be his FIRSTBORN child. Jesus is described as being the FIRSTBORN of every creature in Colossians 1:15, the FIRSTBORN from the dead in Colossians 1:18, and the FIRSTBORN among MANY brethren in Romans 8:29. And Jesus is the only one whom the Bible teaches us that Almighty God HIGHLY EXALTED and gave a name about every other name to be made a King of kings and a Lord of lords.
So clearly these verse used to TRY and dogmatically demand that the mean without fail that Jesus had to have preexisted have other interpretations that do NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word. Jesus KNEW BEFORE hand FROM teh SCRIPTURES that God had in his PLAN to glorify his SON BEFORE the world was and this is exactly what John 17:5 means in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. Below are some other verses that are used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus. There may be other verses which you may be having trouble seeing any other way that what you were dogmatically taught, but I assure you that each and every verse used by those who teach the doctrine of the trinity does indeed have a different meaning that does NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
VERSES USED TO TEACH THAT JESUS PREEXISTED!
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”
“And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.”
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
“He that comes from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaks of the earth: he that comes from heaven is above all.”
“Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven”
“ For the bread of God is he which comes down from heaven, and gives life unto the world.”
“For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
“And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?”
“ This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.”
“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
“This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live for ever.”
“What and if you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?”
“Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but you cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.”
“And he said unto them, You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world.”
“I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins.”
“Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”
“I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.”
“And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.”
“For I have given unto them the words which you gave me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from you, and they have believed that you did send me.”
JOHN 17:24 (scroll down to the second verse in question in this study)
“Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have given me: for you loved me before the foundation of the world.”
ROMANS 8:3 (scroll down to the eleventh verse in question in this study)
“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:”
1 CORINTHIANS 10:4 (scroll down to the first verse in question in this study)
“And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.”
1 CORINTHIANS 15:47 (scroll down to VERSE #6.)
“The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.”
2 CORINTHIANS 8:9 (scroll down to VERSE #2.)
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, that you through his poverty might be rich.”
“But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,”
“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:”
EPHESIANS 4:8-10 (scroll down to the fifth verse in question in this study)
“Wherefore he said, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)”
COLOSSIANS 1:15-17 (scroll down to the third verse in question in this study)
“Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”
“Has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;”
“For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.”
“Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;”
HEBREWS 10:5 (scroll down to VERSE #1.)
“Wherefore when he comes into the world, he says, Sacrifice and offering you would not, but a body have you prepared me:”
“Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”
1 John 1:1,2
“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)”
“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;”
“But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”
“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.”
PROVERBS 8:22 (scroll down to the second verse in question in this study)
“The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.”
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue seeking the truth of the whole word of God. Also please read the studies listed below related to Jesus being God, the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
Verses used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity, and that Jesus is Yahweh himself, as in one and the self same being.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE