JESUS THE CHRIST
The word "Christ" means the ANOINTED one or Messiah. Jesus is our Messiah, or our SAVIOR, which TRUTH no true born again Christian could ever deny. But the word "CHRIST" also means ANOINTED in another way other than being APPOINTED to a task, such as being a king or in the case of Jesus being appointed by God to be both a Savior and a King of kings. In other words, the word CHRIST means ANOINTED with POWER from on high to be EMPOWERED to perform a task in which one has been appointed to accomplish. To say this another way Jesus is our ANOINTED leader, master or teacher, who was SENT by God to show us the Father to be the one true and only Almighty God. The word "anoint" means the giving of power and AUTHORITY by God to perform a task. Jesus was GIVEN all power and authority BY his God and Father to accomplish the task of doing all the will of his God and Father. We read over and over in the Bible where Jesus was SENT by the Father.
This word translated as SENT literally means COMMISSIONED by the Father. The word commission means to give power and authority to a person to accomplish a TASK. Let us read the word of God having these meanings in mind when you see them in the New Testament. The word Christ is NOT the last name of Jesus. The word Christ is not a name at all, but rather a title describing Jesus as being the ANOINTED of God.
In Luke 4:18,19 we read,
“The SPIRIT OF THE LORD is upon me (Ask yourself WHY? Why did Jesus need the Holy Spirit, if he was in fact truly God in the flesh ?), because he (God the Father) has ANOINTED me to preach the gospel to the poor; he (God the Father) has SENT me (or COMMISSIONED me or My God and my Father has EMPOWERED me) to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and the recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.”
In other words, Jesus is saying here that his God and Father the one true and only Almighty God ANOINTED him and EMPOWERED the Son of MAN by being WITH his SON by DWELLING IN his SON. Jesus was quoting from the prophet Isaiah chapter sixty one, verses one and two. Then in verse 21 of Luke Jesus says,
“This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
So you can clearly see that Jesus was appointed and SENT or COMMISSIONED by Almighty God the Father who GAVE his SON the POWER and the authority to preach the gospel to the poor and to heal the broken hearted, to recover the sight of the blind. And all these things Jesus did by his God and Father who DWELT IN him. Jesus said that he himself could do nothing of himself and that the works people saw him do was the FATHER dwelling IN him who was the one doing the works.
You see, we as Christians who heal the sick say what Peter said, Why look you on us as if by our OWN power this man is healed. Every true born again Christian would never take the glory for something that Almighty God HIMSELF did by DWELLING IN us. And Jesus our fellow servant and our EXAMPLE always gave all the glory to HIS God and Father who DWELT IN him as the one who did the works mean saw Jesus do.
You see dear child of God, ALL that Jesus did was THROUGH the power or ANOINTING of the Holy Spirit, which was GIVEN him by God the Father to DWELL IN his SON Jesus.
All through the word of God we find scriptures that clearly teach us, who have eyes to see and ears to hear, that ALL the works that Jesus did he did THROUGH the power or anointing of the Holy Spirit, who DWELT IN him. Also we see many verses of scriptures as well that clearly teach us that we as Christian have been given the promise of this SAME anointing of the Holy Spirit to EMPOWER US to do the SAME works that Jesus did including living our lives free from sin.
Moreover, we read in the book of Acts that the early church was told to tarry in Jerusalem, UNTIL they were ENDUED with POWER from on High, namely until they received the Holy Spirit. This same Holy Spirit is available for each and every Christian today, and not just for the apostles and the early church as some have FALSELY taught. It is God's will for every Christian to be endued with POWER from on High, that is to say, to be FILLED with the Holy Spirit and to REMAIN or to be continually full of the Holy Spirit of God.
Now the word "Christian" comes from the Greek root word "Christos", that means the anointed one, and is where we get the English word "Christ". The Bible tells us in Acts 11:26 that the disciples, referring to ALL believers or followers of Jesus, were first called Christians at Antioch. And the reason being is that they were so much like Jesus the Christ, hence they became known by the name CHRIST(ians), that is to say, Christians, simply interpreted as Christ like. Or more precisely, in the likeness of the anointed one. We are called God's anointed ones or God's christ in Revelation 11:15 and Revelation 12:10.
Now the purpose of this particular study is not simply to just show that we as Christians are to follow the steps of Jesus, nor is it to show that the only way we can truly follow Jesus and do the works that he did is through the Holy Spirit and not in our own power and strength. I have already covered these points in the studies called "JESUS THE SON OF MAN" and "HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE FREE FROM SIN", which I highly suggest reading along with this study.
However, the point or object of this study is to take a close look at the scriptures to find out HOW Jesus lived out the anointing in his life, so that we as Spirit filled Christians may learn HOW to let the anointing of God flow through our lives. And therefore the world will see the difference between us and them and once again call us CHRISTians in the TRUE sense of the word, the ANOINTED ONES, as they did in the early church. God has called us to be his anointed LEADERS, his christs, to lead the world to God the Father through Jesus his Son by FAITH and the POWER of the HOLY SPIRIT. Most of us already know what we are supposed to do and not to do, but we lack the knowledge of HOW to carry out these things. This is because we have not CORRECTLY been taught the word of God. If you have not read the study entitled "JESUS THE SON OF MAN" then I would suggest to you to stop here and read that study first.
If you have already read the study about Jesus being the Son of MAN, which means that Jesus walked as a MAN just like you and I who was ANOINTED with the Holy Spirit, which EMPOWERED Jesus to do the miracles he did and to live his life WITHOUT SIN, then let us begin this study in God's word on HOW Jesus used the ANOINTING of the Holy Spirit by taking a close look at Luke 2:40 which says,
“And the child (Jesus) grew and waxed strong (or grew strong) in SPIRIT, filled with wisdom: and the GRACE of God was upon him.”
Please notice that Jesus the SON of God that while he grew physically that he ALSO GREW STRONG in the SPIRIT and BECAME FILLED with wisdom.
Then we read in Luke 2:52 which teaches us that Jesus INCREASED in this WISDOM as he grew and became older.
“And Jesus INCREASED in wisdom and in stature, and in FAVOR WITH GOD and man.”
The word favor here is the same word translated as grace (please refer to the study on grace the power of God, "WHAT IS THE TRUE MEANING OF GRACE ?" , where you will learn that the word grace means far more than just the unmerited favor of God.
But for now let us read Isaiah 50:4,5, where we learn that Jesus was GIVEN a tongue of the learned by the Holy Spirit of Almighty God AWAKENING him every morning and teaching him the SAME way that the Holy Spirit is teaching those of us who have the Spirit of God.
“The Lord God (God the Father) has GIVEN me (Jesus) the tongue of the learned, that I should know HOW to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he (God the Father) WAKENS morning by morning, he (God the Father) wakens mine ear (Jesus’ ear) to hear as the learned. The Lord God (God the Father) has opened mine ear, and I (Jesus) was not rebellious, neither turned away back. I (Jesus) gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off my hair: I (Jesus) hid not my face from shame and spitting.”
So HOW did God GIVE his son Jesus the tongue of the learned that he should know when and how to speak to the weary? Notice the phrase he, referring to God the Father, wakens MORNING by MORNING, or in other words God speaks to us each new day by the Holy Spirit. So every day set your ear to hear from God, and then, be not rebellious, but rather be you obedient to the Holy Spirit. It is a LEARNING process, so don’t give up the first time you make a mistake or think that you do not hear anything from God.
Job 7:17,18 says,
“What is man, that you should magnify him? And you should set your heart upon him? And you should VISIT him EVERY MORNING, and try him every moment?”
When God created man he walked with him in the cool of the day. Genesis 3:8 tells us that Adam and his wife Eve HEARD the VOICE of the Lord God in the cool of the day.
Psalms 5:2 says,
“My voice shall you hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto you, and will look up.”
Now this does not mean that you cannot pray at other times of the day or night. It simply means that each new day we should seek the Lord. Early mornings seem to be good because our minds are more quiet before the activities of the day actually begin, but we can yet learn to still and quiet our minds at other times of the day as well and pray to our heavenly Father and more importantly HEAR from him. God speaks to us all the time, but for ME I can hear God's inner voice early in the the morning as I am just waking up. Sometimes I am awakened by hearing God's inner voice so I wake myself up a little more and talk with him. But again this does not mean that we can only talk and hear from God in the morning.
Now take a look at Isaiah 7:14,15 which says,
“Therefore the Lord (speaking of God the Father) himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a SON and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, (why?) that he (Jesus) may KNOW to refuse the evil and choose the good.”
So what is meant by butter and honey? Does this mean that literally eating butter and honey causes us to KNOW to refuse evil and choose the good? No, this is symbolic language. But what does it mean?
The twentieth chapter of Job talks about the wicked and in verse seventeen we read that the wicked shall NOT see the rivers, the floods, the brooks of honey and butter. It is certain that the word of God is not speaking of literal brooks of honey and butter. So what does the word of God mean by brooks of honey and butter that the wicked CANNOT SEE?
Read Job 29:1-6 for a little more insight,
“Moreover Job continued his parable, and said, Oh that I were as in the months past (without sin in my life)…when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle. When the Almighty was yet with me… When I washed my steps with BUTTER, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil (where oil is a type or figure of the Holy Spirit).”
Now compare this passage of scripture along side of Proverbs 30:33
“Surely the CHURNING of MILK brings forth BUTTER…”
The Bible likens the WORD of God to MILK or more precisely “sincere milk” which we are to desire and grow thereby. Now think about the CHURNING of God’s word (milk) over and over in our hearts until it becomes “BUTTER”. What does the word of God say in Psalm 119:11,
Your WORD have I hid in my heart (why?) that I might NOT sin against you.”
So when the WORD of God becomes hidden in our heart by meditating on it day and night (churning it into butter, so to speak), then we KNOW to refuse evil and to choose good just like Jesus did. Remember Jesus resisted the devil by saying, “It is written.” Jesus hid the word of God in his heart and used word of truth against the enemy, the devil.
Psalm 20: 7-10 tells us that the WORD of God is sweeter than honey and the honeycomb. To a believer the word of God is pleasant and is to be desired in order that we may grow strong in the Lord and in the POWER of HIS might.
This is HOW Jesus overcame sin, BY feeding upon butter and honey, the very WORD of his God and Father. And by hiding the WORD of his God in his heart so that he would not sin against his God is HOW Jesus OVERCAME the devil and REFUSED to sin.
Then again in Psalm 119:103,
“How sweet are your WORDS unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth.”
One of the reasons we fail to have the POWER to overcome sin in our lives is because we do not DAILY feed upon God's WORD and fellowship with our heavenly Father DAILY and on a continual basis throughout each and every day. Oh we may do it for awhile just like many of us make a New Year's resolution that is soon forgotten shortly after we make it. In short, out of sight, out of mind. You see, if we do not DAILY seek God through conversation with him and read and meditate upon his word DAILY as well, then we will little by little put him out of our minds, unintentionally, of course, but nonetheless out of our minds, and the cares of this world will choke the word of God that was sown in our hearts.
You see, the less we think upon God and his word the more we will think on things of the world and how we can solve life's problem our OWN way and in our own strength. There is a way that SEEMS right to man, but our way leads to death. We are not to lean upon our OWN understanding, but we are to trust and depend upon God.
We sometimes lose sight of the fact that Jesus, the Son of God, was made in our likeness and spent time in the flesh and that Jesus had to LEARN to depend upon the Holy Spirit for guidance just as we do. Look at Hebrews 5:7.8 which says,
“Who in the DAYS of his FLESH, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him (his God and Father, Almighty God) that was able to save him from death and was heard in that he feared. Though he were a SON, yet LEARNED he obedience by the things which he suffered.”
Jesus had to learn obedience even though he was the Son of God. In other words obedience did not come to him automatically just because he was the SON of God. Jesus had to work through his feelings and FEARS in the flesh. He did this through prayer, and in this particular instance it was agonizing prayer with strong crying and many tears and FEAR. Then we read in Hebrews 12:2 these words,
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the JOY that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Jesus learned through the scriptures of his eternal reward, the JOY that was set before him, and knowing his reward he obeyed his God and Father and endured the cross. And now he is sitting down at the right hand of the Father, which is the JOY that was set before him to endure the cross, but this was not the only joy that was set before him.
Jesus said in John 8:28
“…I do nothing of myself; but as my Father has TAUGHT me, I speak these things.”
From the very beginning of the gospels we see that Jesus was LED FORTH by the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 4:1 says it like this,
“Then was Jesus LED UP of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.”
And we read in Luke 4:1
“And Jesus being FULL of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was LED by the Spirit into the wilderness.
Now skip down to (verse 14),
“ And Jesus returned in the POWER of the Spirit into Galilee; and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.”
The POWER that Jesus operated in was not his OWN, but RATHER the POWER that Jesus operated in was in the ANOINTING of the Holy Spirit, the SAME Holy Spirit that is made available to EVERY believer. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit and obeyed the leading of the Holy Spirit, again, the SAME Holy Spirit that is promised to every believer. Jesus heard the voice of the Holy Spirit and then obeyed His leading or instruction. Sometimes this voice of the Holy Spirit is just a perception in our minds, a gut feeling, so to speak, an intuition. It may be a thought, an unction, or simply an impression. The word of God often says in that Jesus PERCEIVED. The word "perceive" means to become aware of in one's mind, to detect, to achieve understanding of or to notice. Sometimes we make hearing and following the voice of the Holy Spirit so spiritual that we no longer grasp the simplicity of God.
Please do not misunderstand what I am saying. I do not want to make light of the authoritative audible voice of God, but in reality the voice of the Holy Spirit comes to us mostly as a quite small still voice within us. And sometimes we have to stop and think to ourselves if this is our own thoughts or is this the Holy Spirit leading us? It is a learning process to hear and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit just as Jesus had to learn to hear and follow his God, the Father, the ONE true and ONLY wise God.
To me just KNOWING that Jesus himself had to LEARN how to hear and obey the voice of the Holy Spirit gives me encouragement to continue to pursue a closer relation with God. We also have a JOY set before us, and that joy is the joy of eternal life, which is promised to us IF we are found to be faithful unto the end. Therefore I encourage you, the reader, to press on toward the mark of your high calling. Be patient and the Holy Spirit will lead you and guide you into all truth.
Jesus was the CHRIST or the ANOINTED ONE of God, and he has passed this SAME anointing on to us, believers in Jesus the SON of God and our Messiah, in order to preach the gospel to the world and to heal the sick AND to live our lives WITHOUT SIN. We are now the CHRIST of God the Father. We are the body of Christ, or the body of the anointed ones. Please read the study entitled "THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER" for a deeper understanding of HOW to walk further in this ANOINTING.
The Bible teaches us that Jesus came to SHOW us the Father. Jesus said if you have seen me, then you have seen the Father. Jesus was NOT saying that he HIMSELF was the FATHER, but rather Jesus was speaking of the WORKS that the Father IN him was doing. No man has seen the INVISIBLE God NOR can ever see him being clothed in human nature. But we can see God, as in, UNDERSTANDING the good nature or character of God. So what Jesus meant was when we are seeing the WORKS that the Father did through his Son Jesus, then we are UNDERSTANDING the TRUE character of Almighty God.
We who have been Christians most of our life see the LOVE and the COMPASSION of the Father who loved us while we were yet sinners and who gave us his only begotten Son. You see dear child of God, WE as Christians have heard the LOVE of God most of our lives. However, to those Jews, who Jesus was preaching to, only knew of God's WRATH and vengeance. Jesus came to show them and us the TRUE God, who is a loving God that only pours out his wrath upon the DISOBEDIENT rebellious wicked men and women who reject his so great a salvation by DENYING his SON Jesus.
Please read John 17:3, where Jesus HIMSELF calls HIS God and Father the ONE TRUE God. Keep in mind that Jesus is speaking in the first person TO his God and Father when this verse is kept in it's CONTEXT.
"And THIS is life eternal, that they might KNOW YOU the ONLY TRUE God, AND Jesus Christ, whom YOU have SENT."
Now I want you to notice a very important point that is brought out in this verse and this vital TRUTH is that the SUBJECT of this verse is ETERNAL LIFE. The first part of this verse says, "And THIS is LIFE ETERNAL...." WHAT is LIFE ETERNAL or ETERNAL LIFE in some other translations? "THAT whosoever believes might KNOW YOU heavenly FATHER to be the ONLY TRUE God, AND that they may ALSO KNOW your SON Jesus to be the CHRIST, the ANOINTED of you O God, whom you have SENT to suffer and die on the cross for their sins so that WHOSOEVER believes on me may have ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come." This is the true sound Biblical meaning of this verse.
In other words, if you want to obtain ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come you MUST believe in the ONE TRUE and ONLY Almighty God the FATHER, AND you MUST ALSO believe in his SON Jesus whom he has SENT. The Jews do not have eternal life abiding in them. The Muslims do not have eternal life abiding in them. ONLY those who believe that Jesus is the CHRIST and the SON OF the living God has eternal life abiding in them. It is not enough to believe that there is a God. The devil believe that God exists and they tremble the Bible says. It is not enough to believe in the one true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Both the JEWS and the MUSLIMS believe in the God of Abraham Isaac, and Jacob, BUT neither the Jews NOR the Muslims believe in Jesus as being God's SON whom the one true God ANOINTED and appointed to be HIS MESSIAH to save ALL of mankind from theirs sins. Jesus is the ONLY WAY to eternal life. So I implore ALL who are reading this study in God's word to call upon Jesus, the SON of God to forgive you of all your sins so you can be saved.
You see, the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, clearly teaches us that if you do NOT have the SON, then you do NOT have the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the FATHER. So to all Muslims who SAY that we all worship the SAME God do NOT worship the ONE TRUE ALMIGHTY God in Spirit and in TRUTH, the WAY that Almighty God himself desires, because your Quran DENIES that Almighty God is the FATHER of Jesus his SON. So I implore you to read the BOOK, the word of TRUTH that your Quran teaches you to read and to ask people of the BOOK for UNDERSTANDING. And to any Jews who are reading this study in God's word. the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob REJECTS you, because you have rejected his SON Jesus as being the CHRIST, your Messiah. This does not mean that God rejects all Muslims and all Jews, but rather only those who REJECT his SON Jesus as being the MESSIAH who died for the sins of the WHOLE world so that WHOSOEVER believes on Jesus the SON OF God shall be saved.
And to my ONENESS brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST, since you believe and teach that there is only ONE ALMIGHTY God and his name is Jesus, then you also do DENY the word of TRUTH that CLEARLY and PLAINLY teach us that there are TWO separate and distinct individuals who are in AGREEMENT as ONE.
Please read 2 John 1:6-9 that CLEARLY teaches us that we MUST have BOTH Almighty God the Father AND his SON Jesus in order to obtain ETERNAL LIFE.
"And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment (The word commandment here is NOT speaking directly of the ten commandment, but rather a precept or TEACHING), That, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7. For many DECEIVERS are entered into the world, who confess NOT that Jesus Christ is come in the FLESH. This is a DECEIVER and an ANTICHRIST. (or anti ANOINTING. In other words, teaching that Almighty God the Father did NOT DWELL IN his SON Jesus. Or that Jesus is NOT the Messiah, but JUST a prophet of God.)
8. Look to yourselves, that we lose NOT those things which we have wrought, but that we RECEIVE a full reward.
transgresses, and abides NOT in the doctrine of CHRIST, has NOT God.
He that abides IN the doctrine of CHRIST,
he has BOTH
the Father AND
Now the doctrine of CHRIST is to believe the TEACHING of the word of TRUTH, which is that the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God, who ALONE is the Father, SENT his Word that was with him in the BEGINNING into the world by his Angel Gabriel to the virgin Mary, who then RECEIVE this Word of God spoken to her by the angel Gabriel and at that moment in TIME, the Word of God was conceived in the womb of Mary as a son. Then nine months later Mary gave BIRTH to a human son and called his NAME Jesus, which means the salvation OF Almighty God.
In other words, the Word was MADE FLESH or the Word BECAME a HUMAN BEING. Then this HUMAN child then grew in both stature or grew physically and grew in favor with God. Isaiah teaches us that Almighty God the Father taught his SON morning by morning. Then at the appointed time Almighty God lead his SON to be baptized in water by John the baptist, which is when Jesus was ANOINTED by the Holy Spirit of Almighty God the Father. This is when the Holy Spirit began to DWELL IN the SON OF God to EMPOWER Jesus to overcome the devil and do the mighty works of healing that Jesus did in the sight of men. Jesus was then tempted of the devil and overcame this temptation by FAITH in the written word of God and the Holy Spirit that DWELT IN Him. Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the Devil by the ANOINTING of the Holy Spirit of Almighty God the Father that DWELT IN him. Jesus then became OBEDIENT unto death on the cross and was raised back to life on the third day by his God and Father. It is THIS DAY that Almighty God the Father speaks of as THIS DAY have I BEGOTTEN you.
You see dear child of God it was only AFTER Jesus became OBEDIENT unto death on the cross that his God and Father HIGHLY EXALTED his SON and GAVE him a NAME that is above every name. EVERY thing that Jesus is and has was GIVEN to him by HIS God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God.
Please understand that a DAY with God is not measured as a single 24 hour day, thus THIS day BEGAN the very moment the spoken word of Almighty God was conceived in the womb of Mary and extended to the ascension of Jesus to his God and Father right after he was raised from the dead so that the Father could GIVE his Son eternal life and even as the Father has always had in himself. then Jesus descended back to earth to show himself alive forever more for forty days and then ascended back a second time to his God and Father's right hand on his Father's throne.
So then, the “DOCTRINE” of CHRIST is to BELIEVE that Jesus IS the MESSIAH AND to ALSO believe that Almighty God ANOINTED his SON Jesus with his own Holy Spirit to EMPOWER his SON to live his life WITHOUT SIN and OFFER himself on the cross to redeem mankind back to the Father.
The Bible meaning of ANOINTED means to have Almighty God the Father DWELLING IN his Son Jesus. This is how God is WITH us. Jesus was prophesied in the Old Testament to be called Immanuel being interpreted God WITH us. God was WITH his Son Jesus by DWELLING IN his Son and this is why Jesus was called Emmanuel in the New Testament.
You see everyone in Jesus' day saw Jesus as a MAN and some even came to know that God was WITH the MAN Jesus by the works they saw Jesus do. But Jesus plainly told them and us that he could do NOTHING in and of himself and that the Father IN him was the one doing the works. When Peter healed that lame man the people who saw this miracle thought Peter himself healed this lame man, but Peter said to the people why look on US as if by OUR power this man is healed. NO! A thousand times NO it is not by our own power, but rather by this man's FAITH in the NAME of Jesus that healed this man.
You see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST, in order to ABIDE IN the DOCTRINE of CHRIST you MUST believe in BOTH the FATHER and in the SON. You MUST believe in the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God, who ALONE is the FATHER, AND you MUST believe in his SON whom he SENT to die on the cross for the sins of the whole world. THIS is ETERNAL LIFE.
This FAITH, this BELIEF in BOTH that Father AND in his SON is what Almighty God himself DESIRES us to believe, but the devil does not, because the devil knows that when Christians truly see that Jesus was a MAN, who was ANOINTED with the Holy Spirit, who DWELT IN Jesus to empower him to heal the sick, raise the dead, and overcome any and all sin all the time, then Satan's goose is cooked so to speak.
The devil knows that once Christians get a hold of this truth that he will no longer be able to deceive them, oppress, them or over come them. So Satan does NOT want Christians to KNOW that Almighty God the Father DWELLS IN them in the same way that Almighty God the Father DWELT IN his SON Jesus.
The word of TRUTH teaches us that we must HONOR the SON EVEN AS we honor the Father. This word "honor" means to reverently worship BOTH the Father and his Son Jesus. We MUST have BOTH the Father and his SON Jesus in order to obtain ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come. The word of TRUTH teaches us that if we do NOT have the SON, then we do NOT have the Father. Please read 1 John 2:18-28, which says,
" Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that ANTICHRIST shall come, even now are there many ANTICHRISTS; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19. They went out from us (or they left our congregation), but they were not of us (or they do not believe and follow what we taught them); for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us (teaching the same things which we teach): but they went out (or they Left our fellowship), that they might be made manifest that they were not ALL of us (so obviously some who went out from that particular congregation did indeed believe and follow what they were taught, but there were also some who left this congregation and taught FALSE doctrine. Imagine that! False teaching in the early church. How could that be? Some Christians simply miss this simple truth that there were DIVISIONS in the early church as well).
20. But you have an unction from the Holy One, and you know all things.
21. I have not written unto you because you know not the truth, but because you know it, and that NO LIE is of the TRUTH.
22. WHO is a LIAR but he that DENIES that Jesus is the CHRIST (the ANOINTED ONE that Almighty God chose to be his LAMB to redeem mankind back to himself and IN whom the Father DWELT and did the works)? He is ANTICHRIST (or his is against the doctrine or the teaching that the Father DWELT IN his SON Jesus to ANOINT his SON with power. So he who are anti ANOINTING is he), that DENIES the Father and the Son (in other words if you DENY either one, then you DENY them BOTH. If you deny that the Father DWELT IN his SON Jesus then you deny the very words of Jesus and Jesus said that the words he spoke will judge us in the last day).
23. Whosoever DENIES the Son, the SAME has NOT the Father: (but) he that acknowledges the SON has the Father ALSO. (both Muslims and Jews are indeed of the seed of Abraham, but neither religious group as a whole believes that Jesus is the SON OF Almighty God who died for their sins. And Jesus said that if you do not believe that I am HE then you shall remain dead in your sins. The Jews asked Jesus WHO are you and Jesus answered, I am the same one that I have told you I am from the BEGINNING. Then if we go back to the beginning of the ministry of Jesus we clearly see that Jesus says that he is the CHRIST, by saying God had ANOINTED him. Jesus then closed the book of Isaiah and sat down. Jesus is the FULFILLMENT of the SCRIPTURES that speak of HIM as being the coming MESSIAH and if you do NOT believe in the SON OF God who died for YOUR sins, then you shall REMAIN condemned in your sins to suffer the second death, the lake of fire on the final day of judgment.)
24. Let that therefore abide IN you, which you have heard from the beginning. If that which you have heard from the beginning shall REMAIN in you, you also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. (this verse is NOT talking about what you have heard from the beginning by your church DENOMINATION, but rather what these early disciples of Jesus heard Jesus himself teach.)
25. And THIS is the promise that HE has promised US, even ETERNAL LIFE.(the words you hear at church may or may not lead you to eternal life, so YOU yourself must read and study the Bible for YOURSELF in order to see if what you are being taught is indeed the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God.)
26. These things have I written unto you concerning them that SEDUCE you.(This is my heart as well dear child of God. The care of the churches comes upon me daily and I do not want to see any of my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST be seduced and deceived by the enemy who uses good well meaning Christians to do his dirty work of deception. The simple truth is that there are many doctrines of devils in the church of today.)
27. But the ANOINTING which you have received of him abides IN you, and you need NOT that any man teach you: but as the same ANOINTING teaches you of all things, and is TRUTH, and is nolie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him.(So when the Holy Spirit begins to show you in the word of God things that contradict what you have been taught by your church denomination, then LISTEN to the Holy Spirit.)
28. And now, little children, abide in him (The ANOINTING, the Father dwelling IN you, the same Spirit of the CHRIST or the same eternal Holy Spirit who DWELT IN Jesus the CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE); that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and NOT be ashamed before him at his coming."
The Word was MADE flesh. THIS DAY have I begotten you says Almighty God the Father. The HUMAN Jesus had a BEGINNING. The MAN Jesus was BROUGHT FORTH INTO EXISTENCE. The SON Jesus is NOT SELF EXISTING like the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the Father from all eternity past. Jesus was GIVEN ETERNAL LIFE BY HIS God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God AFTER Jesus became obedient even to die on the cross for our sins.
Plain and simple Jesus is NOT one and the self same being as ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF. Now this is NOT to say that Almighty God himself did not himself BECOME a human being. I will explain more on this point further on in this study, but for now I want you to see that if Jesus were truly fully Almighty God himself and fully man at the same time, then he would not have needed to be GIVEN immortality or eternal life BY HIS God and Father, because he would have already been an eternal being if so be that Jesus were truly fully Almighty God himself and a human being at the same time having two natures one divine and one human as some church denominations dogmatically demand.
If you could just truly SEE that the same Almighty God the Father who DWELT IN his SON Jesus now dwells in YOU to EMPOWER you to do the SAME works that the Father did dwelling in his Son Jesus, then we could move to the meat of God's word, but first you have to know that you have been GIVEN power in the name of Jesus to do the SAME works that Jesus did. The POWER of the BODY of Jesus the ANOINTED ONE will return in all it's glory to magnify God as the BODY of Christ was in the early church. Christians will be a bright and shining a LIGHT unto the world. They will walk before God and man WITHOUT sin. They will heal the sick and even raise the dead. We will have more boldness to preach repentance to the world. Yes the world will hate us all the more for reproving them of sin, but on the day of the coming of our Lord WE will hear the words of Jesus saying WELL DONE my good and FAITHFUL servant ENTER IN to the JOY of your Lord!
Please read John 5:16-31 which CLEARLY and PLAINLY teaches us in SIMPLICITY that Almighty God the Father GAVE to his SON Jesus ETERNAL LIFE even AS or in the same way that Almighty God ALREADY HAS ETERNAL LIFE IN HIMSELF from all eternity past.
Also keep in mind that the Gospels were written AFTER the FACT. In other words, Jesus is not actually speaking in the PRESENT tense in the gospels, but rather John and the other writers of the gospels are recording the account of the life of Jesus AFTER the FACT. To say this another way Jesus the SON God was GIVEN eternal life after God raised his Son from the dead. Jesus knew before hand that his God was going to grant his Son eternal life.This promise to his SON was the JOY that was set before Jesus that secured him to endure the cross. We have to compare scripture with scripture and Philippians explains very clearly as to when Jesus was HIGHLY EXALTED and given a name above every name, which was AFTER Jesus became obedient even unto death on the cross.
"And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the Sabbath day.
17. But Jesus answered them, My Father works hitherto, and I work.(meaning I simply obey what I see my Father do and say for me to do.)
18. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also that GOD was his Father, making himself EQUAL with God.(this is an ACCUSATION from the Jews who were persecuting and trying to kill Jesus who said that Jesus was making himself EQUAL with God. But Jesus answered this FALSE accusation)
19. Then ANSWERED Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily (or truly truly), I say unto you, The SON can DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF, but what he sees the Father do: for what things soever he does, these also does the Son likewise (In other words, Jesus is saying NO I am NOT making myself equal with my God and Father, the truth of the matter is that the Son can do NOTHING in and of himself. In other place in the Bible we see that Jesus both heard and saw things that his God and Father was doing whether in a vision or a dream we are not told, but then Jesus simply did what he saw his Father doing in this vision or a dream. But it was Almighty God DWELLING IN his SON Jesus that was actually DOING these mighty works).
20. For the Father loves the Son, and SHOWS him (and the Father shows the Son) all things that HIMSELF DOES:(and the Father shows the Son all things that the Father HIMSELF does) and he will show him (and the Father will show the Son) greater WORKS than these, that you may marvel.
21. For as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them (gives life to them); even so the Son quickens whom he will.
22. FOR (or BECAUSE) the Father judges no man, BUT has COMMITTED all judgment UNTO the SON:
23. That (or so that) all men should HONOR the SON, EVEN As they HONOR the Father. He that honors NOT the SON honors NOT the Father which has SENT him.
24. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that HEARS my word, and believes on him that SENT me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (if your church denomination is NOT teaching you these words of Jesus HIMSELF, then you are listening to MAN made doctrines and not the words of Jesus. Jesus said the words that I speak shall JUDGE men in the last day so be absolutely sure you are believing and following the words of JESUS over man made doctrines. In other words, are you obeying God's word to live without sin OVER obeying man made doctrines that falsely teach you that you are just a SINNER saved by grace and that you are only human and only Jesus can live without sin so you will always be a sinner until you get to heaven. Well are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that you will be given the right to eat of the tree of life if you continue to life in sin by breaking God's commandments? If I were you I would most definitely read and FOLLOW the words of JESUS over these man made teachings that TICKLE the ear of believers. Please read Revelation 22:14,15 and then follow up and read the entire study called "IS ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED BIBLICAL?" for your very soul may be at stake. Jesus said that he did not come to judge the world; speaking of his first coming and went on to say that the WORDS, which he taught would judge us. In other words if we are not believing and obeying the words of JESUS over man made teachings, then WHOSE words will be your JUDGE? You can take the chance that you are being taught the truth by your church denomination, but I myself am going to search the word of TRUTH for myself and follow what the Holy Spirit dwelling IN me is teaching me. And one of the things that the Holy Spirit revealed to me in God's word is that Jesus was GIVEN eternal life only AFTER he became OBEDIENT to do all his God and Father's WILL. So then if the FIRST begotten from the dead NEEDED to OBEY his God and Father what makes some Christians THINK that they do NOT have to obey the words of Almighty God and his Son Jesus? The deceiver has planted many doctrines of devils in the church of today so read God's word for YOURSELF!)
25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the SON OF God: and they that hear shall live.
26. For AS the Father HAS LIFE IN HIMSELF; SO HAS he GIVEN to the SON TO HAVE LIFE IN HIMSELF (In other words, Jesus was NOT an ETERNAL BEING who existed from all eternity as some FALSELY teach, because Jesus the SON that was BEGOTTEN THIS DAY at a specific point in time by the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God and then the SON OF God was GIVEN ETERNAL LIFE just as Almighty God HAS ALWAYS HAD LIFE IN HIMSELF);
27. AND has GIVEN him AUTHORITY to execute judgment ALSO, BECAUSE (because WHY? Because Jesus was ALMIGHTY God himself? NO! Because Jesus was the SON OF Almighty God? NO! But rather the CLEAR PLAIN and SIMPLE word of TRUTH says, BECAUSE) he is the Son of MAN. (these are the words of JESUS that Jesus himself is teaching us. So whose words are you going to believe, the words of Jesus himself or the man made teaching of your church denomination?)
28. Marvel NOT at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
30. I can of mine OWN self do NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek NOT mine OWN WILL, but the will of the Father which has SENT me.
31. If I bear witness of MYSELF, my witness is NOT true."
There is NO WAY that anyone who truly considers the WHOLE word of God can say that Jesus was CLAIMING to BE ALMIGHTY God himself or even EQUAL with HIS God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God, when verse 18 where the Jews accused Jesus of making himself equal with God is LEFT in the CONTEXT of where it is found. I mean the Jews also accused Jesus of having a devil, so are you going to believe the Jews or are you going to believe the words of JESUS?
Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST, that whatever FORM that Jesus WAS in the beginning when the Word was with God BEFORE the Word was MADE FLESH on that certain DAY that Almighty God decided to BRING FORTH a HUMAN Son into EXISTENCE that this divine FORM or divine NATURE of Almighty God PUT OFF his divine NATURE and BECAME FULLY HUMAN in NATURE being WITHOUT any DIVINE nature. To say otherwise is to ignore and twist the scripture to make them say what you want them to say.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. Below are some other verses that are used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus. There may be other verses which you may be having trouble seeing any other way than what you were dogmatically taught over and over for so long, but I assure you that each and every verse used by those who teach the doctrine of the trinity does indeed have a different meaning that does NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word. If there is a verse that I have not listed please do not hesitate to write to me and let me know. Some verses are included in other studies and they may not appear as an individual study. If there is a verse or verses that you seem to struggle with only being able to see the doctrine of the trinity when you read that verse or verses, then please search out the truth by listening to the other side of the controversy. No one can arrive at the truth by hearing only ONE side of the controversy. I only present you with ALL the evidence that I myself have found and leave it to you to decide what you want to believe.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
Verses used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST.
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE