IS THE MASHIACH COMING?
WHEN will the Mashiach come? Or WHEN will the Messiah come? Or WHEN will the ANOINTED ONE by Almighty G-d come?
It is generally believed by many Rabbis and Jewish scholars that the Mashiach, the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE, the one PROPHESIED in the Scriptures to come, will come at a time when he is most needed. Some say that the Mashiach will come in the generation that has lost all hope of his coming.
WHO is the Mashiach, the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE prophesied to come in the Tenach?
It is generally believed among traditional Judaism that the Mashiach will be a man who is Jewish. Let me just give you a quote from a Jewish website:
The mashiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5).
The mashiach is often referred to as "mashiach ben David" (mashiach, son of David).
He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments (Isaiah 11:2-5).
He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example.
He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel.
He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15).
But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demi-god or other supernatural being.
It has been said that in every generation, a person is born with the potential to be the mashiach. If the time is right for the messianic age within that person's lifetime, then that person will be the mashiach. But if that person dies before he completes the mission of the mashiach, then that person is not the mashiach.
WHAT will the Mashiach do when he does come? Again I will just give you a quote from a Jewish website. The emphasis is mine:
Before the time of the mashiach, there shall be WAR and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)
The mashiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5).
He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1).
He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18).
He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).
So then dear reader I am speaking to YOU as an individual person, who has a mind of your OWN to think things through for YOURSELF. If YOU, being a Jew, who is reading this right now and who is truly seeking the TRUTH, let me ask YOU a question that no doubt OTHERS have already answered FOR you by dogmatically TELLING you what to believe and what you are NOT to believe as a Jew and that question is “Have YOU yourself ever honestly and sincerely asked Almighty G-d himself if it were possible for Y'shua to be the Meshiach, the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE of G-d?”
Have you ever read the Old Testament Scriptures, the Tenach, for YOURSELF to see if what you are being taught is indeed the WHOLE matter? I fully understand what you, as a Jew, are TAUGHT in the synagogue to believe, but what I am asking YOU is that have YOU yourself ever search the word of G-d for YOURSELF to see if what you are being taught is the WHOLE word of G-d?
Before you do anything else I want you to go to a place where you can be ALONE with the ONE TRUE G-d of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob and simply ASK HIM, Almighty G-d HIMSELF, if it is POSSIBLE for Y'shua or Jesus to be the Mashiach or the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE who was prophesied to come in the SCRIPTURES, the Tenach?
After you have done this with a SINCERE heart of truly desiring to know the TRUTH no matter what it may be, then come back and continue reading from the Old Testament SCRIPTURES the WHOLE matter concerning your coming Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE, the Mashiach.
Are you ready to allow Almighty G-d to show you directly from his word WHO is the Messiach? Have you prayed to HIM like I asked you to do?
Let us now begin this study in G-d's word by listing ONLY the prophecies in the Old Testament that are widely ACCEPTED among most Jews as being the ONLY prophecies of the coming Mashiach or the coming Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE of G-d.
The following passages in the Jewish scriptures are the ones that Jews consider to be messianic in nature or relating to the end of days and the world to come.
Isaiah 2:11, 42; 59:20
Jeremiah 23: 30, 33; 48:47; 49:39
Now simply ask yourself the most basic question “Are these FEW passages of 15 scriptures the WHOLE Old Testament?” If you are HONEST with your self and with G-d you will conclude that these few 15 passages of scripture are NOT the WHOLE word of G-d.
Therefore you are NOT being taught the WHOLE of what Almighty G-d wants YOU to KNOW. You are only getting a small PART of ALL the prophecies of the coming Messiah, the ANOINTED one of G-d that our creator has foretold is to come. In other words, your Rabbis are only giving you ONE SIDE of the coin, so to speak, or ONE SIDE of the story. To say this another way, if the above few verse are are you are being taught about the Messiah, then you as a Jew are NOT being giving the WHOLE picture of the Mashiach, the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE who is prophesied to come in the SCRIPTURES.
Now if you truly desire to know the WHOLE matter then keep on reading.
I will give you the COMPLETE LIST of over 300 prophecies that I myself have become aware in the Old Testament at the END of this of this study for you to search out for yourself. But for now I want to give you an overall summary of the FULL picture of the prophesied ANOINTED one to come beginning from his BIRTH all the way through to his triumphant reign of peace in the world to come.
First of all most every traditional Jews will agree that the Messiah will be a MAN raised up from among the people meaning the Jewish people of the nation of Israel. In other words, the Messiah must be a JEW.
Please read Deuteronomy 18:15-19.
“The LORD your God will raise up unto you a PROPHET from the MIDST of your, of YOUR BRETHREN, like unto me (or like unto me, Moses); unto him (the Messiah) you shall hearken;
16. According to all that you desire of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not. (so according to the desires of his people Israel G-d promised to raise up a MAN from AMONG the Jewish nation of Israel to be his PROPHET similar to the prophet Moses.)
17. And the LORD said unto me (Moses), They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18. I (Almighty God) will raise them up a Prophet from among their BRETHREN, like unto you (Moses), and (I Almighty God) will put MY words in HIS mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall COMMAND him.
19. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will NOT hearken unto MY words which HE shall speak in MY name, I will require it of him.”
So then, seeing that the Messiah will be a MAN, who is OF the BRETHREN of the JEWS, then he must be BORN in the linage of Israel. In other words, the Messiah MUST without fail be a JEW born of a HUMAN woman who is a JEW.
Let us now see if there are any prophecies of the BIRTH of this Jewish man who will be the Messiah is found in the Tenach.
We see in the Torah in Genesis 3:15 a prophecy of the coming Messiah being born of the seed of a woman.
“ And I will put enmity between you (the serpent, the deceiver, the enemy of G-d) and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it (the seed of the woman) shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
This means that the coming Messiah will OVER COME the deceiver, Satan, the devil. Then we see in Genesis 12:1-3 that G-d will bless ALL nations through the SEED of Abraham, which is a prophecy of the coming Messiah being in the linage of Abraham.
“Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get you out of your country, and from your kindred, and from your father's house, unto a land that I will show you:
2. And I will make of you a great NATION (speaking of the SEED of Abram whose name was changed to Abraham by G-d meaning the father of MANY nations), and I will bless you, and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing:
3. And I will bless them that bless you, and curse him that curses you: and IN YOU shall ALL families of the earth be blessed.”
Please notice that G-d promised Abraham that he would be the father of MANY nations and not just the father of the ONE nation Israel and that IN Abraham's SEED that ALL the families of the earth shall be blessed.
Then in Genesis 17:19-21 G-d narrows down the linage from whom the Messiah would come and G-d says that out of the seed of Isaac that G-d would make his covenant.
“And God said, Sarah your wife shall bear your a son indeed; and you shall call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his SEED AFTER him. (pointing to the coming Messiah out of the SEED of Isaac.)
20. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21. BUT MY COVENANT will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto you at this set time in the next year.”
Then we learn that Isaac had two sons Esau and Jacob and that Esau sold his birthright to Jacob, who tricked him and thus the seed of Esau has become the enemy of the seed of Jacob to this very day, which can clearly be seen in the Middle East conflict between the Muslims, the seed of Ishmael and Esau and the nation of Israel, the seed of Isaac, who begat Jacob, who inherited the birthright.
The Tenach then tells us that Jacob had TWELVE sons, who became the twelve tribes of Israel. Then in Genesis 49:8-10 we learn that the Messiah will come out of the tribe of Judah.
“Judah, you are he whom your brethren shall praise: your hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; your father's children shall bow down before you.
9. Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, you are gone up (or you shall ascend up or rise up, or go up. This could be referring to the resurrection, or it could be speaking of ascending into heaven. We will come back to this verse later on in this study of God's word): he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up (or who is he who shall cause you to rise up. Again either being resurrected or being caught up to heaven. But also meaning being exalted to become a king)?
10. The SCEPTER shall NOT depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, UNTIL Shiloh come (Shiloh represents the TABERNACLE of the presence of Almighty G-d coming to tabernacle with mankind. So the Messiah from the tribe of JUDAH shall rule and reign in the world yet to come UNTIL the tabernacle of Almighty God COME or UNTIL Almighty God himself comes to tabernacle with his people.) ; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.”
Then in Numbers 24:17-19 God gives us some more details about the Messiah coming out of the seed of Jacob.
“I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Scepter shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.(so here we see TWO things: The FIRST is that the Messiah will be like a STAR or a LIGHT. And then the SECOND thing we see is that this Star or LIGHT will RISE OUT of Israel as a RULER or king who has destroy the enemies of Israel. This teaches us that the Messiah will do TWO things and when compared in the light of other Scriptures also shows that the Messiah will come TWO TIMES.)
18. And Edom shall be a possession, Seir also shall be a possession for his enemies; and Israel shall do valiantly.
19. Out of Jacob shall come he that shall have dominion, and shall destroy him that remains of the city.”
So then, it is an absolute must that the Messiah come out of the seed of JACOB. Then we learn in 2 Samuel 12:12-17 that the Messiah will come out of the SEED of king David.
“And when your days be fulfilled, and you shall SLEEP (or you shall fulfill your days, die and be buried) with you fathers, I will set up YOUR SEED AFTER YOU, which shall proceed out of YOUR bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13. He (the Messiah) shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
14. I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
15. But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before you.
16. And your house and your kingdom shall be established for ever before you: your throne shall be established for ever.
17. According to
all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan
speak unto David.”
So far we have seen from to word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, the SCRIPTURES, the Tenach, that the Messiah will be a Jewish man born of a woman of the SEED of king David. To summarize what we have learned thus far, the Messiah MUST be born of a Jewish woman of the royal linage of king David whose linage must be traced back through the tribe of JUDAH through the seed of JACOB, through Isaac and through the seed of Abraham. So then as you have seen it is NOT through the seed of Abraham ALONE that the Messiah MUST come, because Ishmael is also the seed of Abraham. And it is not through Isaac alone for Esau is also the seed of Isaac. In other words, the true Messiah CANNOT come through the seed of Ishmael NOR through the seed of Esau.
Now let us look at some prophecies in the Old Testament foretelling the BIRTH of the Messiah and even WHERE the Messiah would be born. Please read from the prophet Isaiah first.
“Moreover the LORD spoke again unto Ahaz, saying,
11. Ask you a SIGN of the LORD your God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
12. But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD.
13. And he said, Hear you now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also?
HIMSELF shall GIVE you
VIRGIN shall conceive, and bear a son,
and shall call his name Immanuel.”
The name Immanuel or Emmanuel is interpreted to mean “G-d with us”, which simply means that Almighty G-d was WITH his servant whom he prophesied to raise up from among the people. This man or servant of G-d was prophesied to be ANOINTED by his G-d to do all that his G-d commanded him to do.
But I want you to notice that this Jewish Messiah is foretold to be born of a VIRGIN. And we know from other passages of SCRIPTURE in the Tenach that this VIRGIN must be a Jewish woman of the linage of king David.
Now let us see where the Messiah was foretold to be born.
“But you, BETHLEHEM Ephratah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of YOU shall HE come forth unto me that is to be RULER in Israel; whose GOINGS FORTH have been from of old, from everlasting.
3. THEREFORE (or for this reason of MORE than just ONE COMING or MORE than just one going forth) will he give them up, UNTIL the time that she which travails has brought forth: THEN the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.”
Here in this passage of scripture we see that there will be no less than TWO comings or TWO goings forth of the Messiah. Please notice in verse 2 that his GOINGS forth is in the PLURAL, which again teaches us that the Messiah will come no less that TWO times.
This TRUTH or the Messiah coming TWO times has been missed by many Jews, but now G-d is opening the eyes of his people Israel to see the FIRST coming of their Messiah, who has ALREADY come and at his FIRST coming the Messiah has promised those who believed on him that he will come AGAIN a SECOND TIME to rescue his people by destroying the enemies of Israel AT his SECOND coming or at his SECOND going forth.
There are many prophecies in the OLD Testament where BOTH the FIRST and the SECOND coming of the Messiah are foretold in the SAME passage of scripture, but if you are not looking for TWO comings, then it will be likely that the FIRST coming would be OVER LOOKED by blending the TWO different comings of the Messiah into one single coming.
Let us now take a look at a few of these prophecies where BOTH comings are foretold. Please read Isaiah 9:6,7, which starts out by prophesying a CHILD to be born, but then goes right into foretelling the RULE of the Messiah.
“For unto us a CHILD is BORN, unto us a SON is GIVEN (What many Jews have missed is that after the Messiah is BORN that this SON of man must be GIVEN as well. But what does this mean that the Son of man, the Messiah was prophesied to be GIVEN? Please keep on reading and it will all come into place and make perfect sense to all who are truly seeking to know the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God): AND (AFTER the Son of man is GIVEN and the Messiah comes AGAIN the SECOND TIME, and THEN at the SECOND coming of the Messiah) the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.”
Then in Isaiah 11:10,11 it is made a little clearer that the Messiah will come a SECOND TIME to make war with the enemies of Israel to rescue his people and destroy those Muslim armies seeking to destroy Israel and kill every last Jew and Christian.
“And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign (or a SIGN, a signal pole, a standard) of the people (speaking of the Messiah being sent to the JEW FIRST, but then because the Jews as a whole REJECTED their Messiah); to IT (the SIGN of the Messiah being lifted up on a SIGNAL POLE) shall the GENTILES SEEK: and his rest shall be glorious.(this is speaking of God's PEOPLE Israel rejecting their Messiah and G-d turning to another people, the Gentiles, who were NOT his people to offer them a so great a salvation provided by the Messiah at his FIRST coming in order to PROVOKE his PEOPLE Israel to jealousy.)
11. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand AGAIN THE SECOND TIME to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
12. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the DISPERSED of Judah from the four corners of the earth.”
So then, G-d will TURN AGAIN a SECOND TIME to save his PEOPLE Israel by sending his MESSIAH as a mighty warrior to destroy those Islamic Muslim armies seeking to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.
But WHY the PROPHECY of G-d turning AGAIN to save his people Israel? I mean why did the Messiah not restore all things at his FIRST coming? When you SEE for yourself that in order for G-d to TURN AGAIN means that G-d must send his Messiah a SECOND time, then it will be easier for you to see the FIRST COMING of the Messiah, who has ALREADY come. And when you see this TRUTH, then you will see WHY a SECOND coming of the Messiah is needed.
I will show you WHO the Messiah is in a moment by showing you the ONE who has already FULFILLED many of the PROPHECIES of the OLD Testament at his FIRST coming and that he will fulfill the REST of the prophecies at his SECOND coming. But first please read Micah 7:18-20.
“Who is a God like unto you, that pardons iniquity, and passes by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? He retains not his anger for ever, because he delights in MERCY.
19. He will TURN AGAIN, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
20. You will perform the TRUTH to Jacob, and the MERCY to Abraham, which you have sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.”
Now please keep in mind that the reason WHY G-d must TURN AGAIN to rescue his PEOPLE Israel is BECAUSE Israel, as a whole, REJECTED their Messiah at his FIRST coming being deceived by the enemy to NOT SEE the PROPHECIES of his FIRST coming.
Please consider the SCRIPTURE that prophesy of G-d turning to a people, the Gentiles, who were NOT his people Israel after his own people rejected his Messiah. You see the Messiah will be BOTH judge AND a LIGHT unto the Gentiles. Let us read Isaiah 42:1-9 first and then we will read Isaiah 49:1-7.
“Behold my SERVANT, whom I uphold; mine ELECT (or my CHOSEN ONE speaking of the coming Messiah), in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit upon him (or I will ANOINT him with my Spirit): he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
3. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
4. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. (These verses 1-4 are speaking of the SECOND coming of the Messiah to bring forth JUDGMENT)
5. Thus says God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which comes out of it; he that gives breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6. I the LORD have called YOU in righteousness (speaking of every one, but more specifically referring to the Messiah being a RIGHTEOUS Jew keeping all the commandments of his G-d, the one true and only Almighty G-d), and will hold your hand, and will keep you, and GIVE you for a COVENANT of the people, for a LIGHT of the GENTILES;
7. To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
8. I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
9. Behold, the FORMER things are come to pass, and NEW things do I declare: BEFORE they spring forth I tell you of them.”
This verse 9 here is a KEY to understanding that G-d is about to do away with the OLD COVENANT and make a NEW COVENANT through his Messiah. Almighty G-d is prophesying of doing NEW THINGS in the earth that he has never done before. G-d has ALREADY made a COVENANT with his people Israel so it is made perfectly clear that the OLD covenant is NOT the NEW thing that G-d has prophesied to do and indeed has already done.
Now please read Isaiah 49:1-7.
“Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, you people, from far; The LORD has called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother has he made mention of my name.
2. And he has made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand has he HID me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver has he HID me (or he has kept me SECRET by hiding me in his WORD which prophesies of my GOINGS forth.);
3. And said unto me, You are my SERVANT, O Israel, IN whom I will be glorified.
4. Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain (It is going to look or appear, or seem to the Messiah that his work was in vain, but he still yet holds fast to his faith in his G-d and Father): yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
5. And now, says the LORD that formed ME from the womb to be his SERVANT, to bring Jacob AGAIN to him, Though Israel be NOT gathered (speaking of Israel as a whole rejecting their Messiah at his FIRST COMING. You can clearly see that these prophecies are NOT speaking of the nation of ISRAEL as being the SERVANT of G-d, because the nation of Israel as a whole was NOT gathered to the Messiah at his FIRST coming.), yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
6. And he (or Almighty G-d) said, It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will ALSO give you for a LIGHT to the GENTILES, that you may be my salvation unto the end of the earth.(In other words, G-d is prophesying that his Messiah will be his salvation to the WHOLE world and not just the Messiah of the Jews only)
7. Thus says the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despises, to him whom the nation abhors (this speaks of the FIRST coming of the Messiah where he will DESPISED and be REJECTED. Please read Isaiah chapter 53, which describes in detail the FIRST coming of the Messiah. We will cover this chapter further on in this study as well), to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is FAITHFUL, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose you.”
Now that you can see from the OLD Testament SCRIPTURES, the Tenach, that the prophecies of the Messiah foretold of TWO comings let us now take a look to see IF Y'shua or Jesus could indeed be the Messiah.
Again I fully realize that many if not most Jews are taught by your Rabbis that the NEW Testament is a GENTILE book and that you are NOT to read it.
Well let me just say that when Jesus or Y'shua walked the earth teaching about the coming kingdom of heaven there was no such thing as a NEW Testament of the Bible and every thing that Jesus taught his people the Jews was from the SCRIPTURES, the OLD Testament from Moses to the prophets. Y'shua taught ONLY from the Tenach, the SCRIPTURES showing HIS people the JEWS that he himself was the ONE whom the SCRIPTURES prophesied to come.
The truth be told the disciples of Y'shua or Jesus never taught from the NEW Testament either, because the New Testament had not yet been written. In other words, the entire early church for the first few years was made up of nothing but JEWS, who followed the teachings of Jesus, who EXPLAINED the SCRIPTURES from the OLD Testament beginning with Moses all the way through to prophets showing his people the JEWS that the SCRIPTURES spoke of Y'shua as being the Messiah.
Search it out for YOURSELF. The kingdom of G-d was always preached to the JEWS FIRST and G-d did not turn to the Gentiles UNTIL AFTER G-d's chosen people the Jews REJECTED his Messiah. Now G-d did NOT totally turn away from his people that JEWS, but rather in part turned away from Israel to turn to the GENTILES in order to provoke his people Israel to JEALOUSY. In other words, the gospel is to the JEWS just as much as it is to the GENTILES. To say this another way God is doing a NEW thing, which is to establish a NEW COVENANT with WHOSOEVER will BELIEVE on his SON Y'shua or Jesus as being his SALVATION.
I want you to first read the PROPHECY of this TRUTH from the OLD Testament in Deuteronomy first and then we will read the FULFILLMENT of this prophecy in the New Testament. So basically the NEW Testament is filled with FULFILLMENT of Old Testament prophesies where all these fulfillment of prophecy ALL point to Jesus or Yeshua as being the CHRIST, the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE of G-d, the Mashiach.
“And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
21. They (speaking of Israel) have moved ME to jealousy with that which is not God; THEY have provoked ME to anger with their vanities (In other words, for the SIN of the nation of Israel the Jews have provoked God to both anger and jealousy): and I will move them to jealousy WITH those which are NOT a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.”
In verse 21 we see that G-d is prophesying that he will move Israel to JEALOUSY WITH a people who were NOT a people. In other words, the SCRIPTURES are prophesying that God will use the GENTILES to provoke Israel to jealousy so that she will cry out to him as a woman in labor and THEN G-d will turn AGAIN his face back to his chosen people the JEWS. BUT the Jews MUST come to G-d on HIS terms, which is to BELIEVE that Y'shua is the CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE, the Messiah, the Mashiach, the SON OF the living G-d who suffered and died on the cross for the sins of the people.
Now let us read the FULFILLMENT of this prophecy from the NEW Testament. Please read Romans 10:11 through the end of Romans chapter 11.
“For the SCRIPTURE says (speaking of the OLD Testament SCRIPTURES, the Tenach. Again the disciples of Jesus used the OLD Testament SCRIPTURES to teach the JEWS FIRST about Jesus being the Messiah, the CHRIST, the ANOINTED one prophesied to come. Here Paul is speaking mainly to the Gentiles, but this so great a salvation is NOT only for the GENTILES, but rather was preached ONLY to the JEWS at FIRST. And when the nation of Israel as a WHOLE rejected Jesus or Y'shua as their Messiah, THEN G-d turned to the Gentiles so that), Whosoever believes on him shall not be ashamed. (might be FULFILLED)
12. For (or because NOW under the NEW covenant God is doing a NEW THING so that) there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto ALL that CALL upon him.
13. For WHOSOEVER (whether they be Jew or Gentile whosoever of all of mankind who) shall CALL upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (In other words, G-d no longer judges his people as a NATION, but rather EACH INDIVIDUAL person must work out their OWN salvation between them and G-d. To say this another way, simply being a JEW does not gain you favor with G-d. NOW everyone must have a PERSONAL relationship with G-d through the Messiah. Remember ACCORDING to the DESIRES of the nation of Israel who did NOT want to hear Almighty G-d himself speak to them directly as he did on mount Sinai G-d promised to raise up a prophet to speak to them.)
14. How then shall they call on HIM in whom they have NOT believed? (Israel has always believed in Almighty G-d so then the HIM here is NOT speaking of Israel believing in G-d, but rather the HIM here is speaking of Israel believing in their Messiah, the anointed one of Almighty G-d whom G-d would send to speak in the NAME of his G-d.) And how shall they BELIEVE in HIM of whom they have not HEARD? And how shall they HEAR without a preacher?
15. And how shall they PREACH, except they be SENT? As it is written,(in the OLD Testament) How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16. But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias says (or the prophet Isaiah says), Lord, who has believed our report?
17. So then faith comes by HEARING, and hearing (or true understanding comes ONLY) by the word of God. (referring to BOTH the Old Testament AND the NEW Testament. Remember the prophecy in Isaiah that G-d is doing NEW THINGS in the earth and one of these NEW things is the NEW COVENANT that is written or EXPLAINED in the NEW Testament.)
18. But I say, Have they (speaking of Israel have they the Jews) not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
19. But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses says,(or the PROPHECY given by Moses in the Torah says) I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
20. But Esaias (Isaiah) is very bold, and says, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.(this is a prophecy from the Old Testament SCRIPTURES, the Tenach, prophesying that the GENTILES would find salvation through Y'shua or JESUS, the MESSIAH, the ANOINTED one of Almighty G-d.)
21. But to Israel he says, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.”
But the prophesy does NOT END here, but goes on to say in Romans 11:1-36.
“1. I say then, Has God cast away his people (Israel)? God forbid. For I ALSO am an Israelite, of the SEED of Abraham, of the TRIBE of Benjamin. (In other words, ALL of the 12 apostles of Jesus were ALL Jews. And as I said before ALL of the early church for the first few years was made up ENTIRELY of ALL JEWS. G-d did not turn to the Gentiles UNTIL Israel as a whole rejected Jesus as their Messiah. And even then G-d did not totally turn away from his people the Jews, but rather G-d has established a NEW covenant whereby the ONLY WAY to Almighty G-d is THROUGH FAITH in his SON Jesus the ONLY NAME given among mankind whereby ALL of mankind MUST be saved, and WHOSOEVER calls upon Y'shua shall be saved. G-d did away will the animal sacrifices by having the Roman army destroy the temple in 70 AD and then scattering his people Israel all over the world. BUT...)
2. God has NOT cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot you not what the SCRIPTURE says of Elias? How he makes intercession to God against Israel, saying,
3. Lord, they have killed your prophets, and digged down your altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4. But what says the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (In other words, Israel can still yet be saved, but NOT according to the OLD covenant, because G-d is NOW doing a NEW THING, which is to save ALL of mankind BY his GRACE through FAITH in his SON Jesus under the NEW covenant that was established in the shed blood of Y'shua.)
6. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
7. What then? Israel (speaking of Israel as a NATION) has NOT obtained that which he seeks for; but the election (referring to those who BELIEVE that Y'shua or Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living G-d) has obtained it, and the rest were blinded (Again meaning that ONLY those of WHOSOEVER BELIEVE that Jesus or Y'shua is the Messiah, the SON OF the living G-d shall be chosen or ELECTED of G-d and all others who do NOT BELIEVE that JESUS or Y'shua is the MESSIAH, the anointed one of G-d, shall be blinded in part speaking of the rest of Israel NOT being saved UNTIL they CALL upon the NAME of JESUS to be saved. The writer of the book of Romans here in the NEW Testament uses the past tense of “BLINDED” to show us that any person whether Jew or Gentile who DENIES Jesus as the Messiah and then DIE before ever truly BELIEVING and confessing that Jesus is THEIR Messiah, then they shall be forever lost and thus be cast out and rejected by G-d on the final day of judgment. So I implore YOU, the reader and seeker of the TRUTH, to consider very CLOSELY the very word of Almighty G-d himself which points to Jesus or Y'shua as being the Messiah.)
8. (According as it is written, God has given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day. (speaking of Israel as a NATION or as a WHOLE shall not be able to see the truth UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles becomes full. Again please keep in mind “What if YOU should DIE BEFORE the SECOND coming of Jesus” This is why I implore you to BELIEVE NOW on Jesus. TODAY is the day of salvation! Do NOT wait until it is too late. Call upon Y'shua NOW to forgive you of all your sins to be saved. If you are not convinced as yet that Jesus is the Messiah please keep reading.)
9. And David says (or king David prophesies and says), Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumbling block, and a recompense unto them:
10. Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back always.
11. I say then, Have they stumbled that they should FALL? God forbid: but rather THROUGH THEIR fall (or through their stumbling by their unbelief) SALVATION is come unto the GENTILES, for (or in order) to provoke THEM to jealousy.
12. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13. For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (Most of the other apostles were sent to preach the gospel to the JEWS, but Paul was called by G-d to be sent to preach to the Gentiles.)
14. If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. (Paul did not preach ONLY to the Gentiles, but that was his calling by G-d. And Paul is saying here that he let those of his flesh speaking of natural born Jews know that G-d was saving the GENTILES in order to provoke them to take a closer look at the SCRIPTURES so they too would be saved.)
15. For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
16. For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. (Here Paul is saying that the root, natural Israel is not unholy, but because of UNBELIEF some are cut off UNTIL they BELIEVE that Jesus is the MESSIAH, the anointed on who was prophesied to come.)
17. And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were graft in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18. Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bear not the root, but the root you.
19. You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graft in.
20. Well; because of UNBELIEF (that Jesus is their Messiah the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty G-d) they were broken off, and you (referring to both the JEWS and the Gentiles who BELIEVE that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living G-d) stand by FAITH. Be not high minded, but fear:
21. For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not you.
22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, IF you continue in his goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off. (In other words, there is NO going BACK to be a Jew under Judaism to offer sacrifices for you sins because Y'shua has died ONCE and for ALL time as the ONE and ONLY sacrifice for sin that Almighty G-d will ACCEPT. Remember the prophecy in Isaiah that G-d shall do a NEW thing, which is to establish a NEW covenant with his people the JEWS.)
23. And they ALSO, if they abide NOT STILL in UNBELIEF, shall be graft in: for God is able to graft them in again. (This is an OPEN invitation for ALL Jews to turn to serve G-d HIS WAY under the NEW COVENANT established by the shed blood of YOUR Messiah Jesus or Y'shua. Remember the PROPHECY for unto us a child is BORN AND a Son is GIVEN. For G-d so LOVED the world that he GAVE his only begotten SON so that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES should NOT perish, but rather be given eternal life in the world to come. Please read John 3:16-18 “For God so loved the world, that he GAVE his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:18 He that believes on him is not condemned: BUT he that believes NOT is condemned already, because he has NOT believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”)
24. For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were graft contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graft into their own olive tree?
25. For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in PART is happened to Israel, UNTIL the fulness of the GENTILES be come in. (At the end of this present world when Jesus comes AGAIN at his SECOND coming ALL the Gentiles that will be saved will be completed and Jesus will RETURN. It will be at this time of the SECOND coming of Jesus that ISRAEL as a WHOLE will recognize their coming Messiah and call upon his NAME to be saved alive. And ONLY those who are already BELIEVERS in Jesus as the CHRIST whether they be JEWS who believe that Y'shua is the CHRIST or whether they be Gentiles who believe that Jesus is the CHRIST, will be given eternal life at that time. ALL others who call on the NAME of the Lord AT his SECOND coming will be saved ALIVE, but they will NOT receive eternal life at that time, but rather they, the JEWS and those left of the nations who repent AT the second coming of Jesus when they SEE him coming in clouds of great glory will go into the Messianic age of a 1000 years in the MORTAL bodies to be taught of the Lord.)
26. And so all Israel shall be saved (speaking of all of mankind of WHOSOEVER will BELIEVE that Jesus is the CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God who died for our sins and not only for our sins but also for the sins of the whole world. This verse does not mean that EVERY single Jew will be saved, but rather means that ONLY those who BELIEVE and CALL upon the name of the Lord will be saved alive in their mortal bodies. In other word's, if you are a Jew who DENIES Jesus as your Messiah NOW and you should DIE BEFORE the second coming of Jesus without ever truly BELIEVING that Jesus is your Messiah, then you shall REMAIN DEAD in your sins and be cast out by G-d on the day of judgment. This is why I implore you to receive Jesus NOW as your Messiah.): as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob (or the Messiah shall TEACH them in the world yet to come to deny ungodliness just as he has taught the church or believers in him to deny ungodliness in this present world. Without holiness NO man shall see the Lord, the ONE true and only Almighty God and Father of all):
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. (G-d is keeping his OLD covenant with Israel BY establishing a NEW covenant with WHOSOEVER call upon the name of the Lord. Is is just a matter of WHEN YOU will CALL upon his name. Do it NOW and you will receive eternal life AT his second coming. But if you WAIT for his coming to call upon Y'shua, then you will NOT receive eternal life and therefore you must go into the Messianic age in your MORTAL body to be taught of the Lord. That is to say IF SO BE you REMAIN ALIVE long enough to call upon his name. Again ETERNAL LIFE will be given to ONLY those who are ALREADY BELIEVERS IN Jesus Christ AT his coming. That is to say ONLY those who are overcoming sin by keeping the commandments of G-d will be given the right to eat of the tree of life AT the second coming of Jesus.)
28. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sake (meaning that the UNBELIEVING JEWS will persecute you and even deliver you up to be killed for the sake of the gospel): but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sake. (in other words, we are to LOVE those who persecute us so that they MIGHT believe and be saved. It is the LOVE of G-d in me that has led me to write this study in G-d's word to the JEWS.)
29. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. (In other words, there is a price to pay for being a Christian or a BELIEVER in Jesus being the CHRIST, the Messiah, the anointed one prophesied to come. And that price is persecution and being hated of all nations for the sake of the gospel of Jesus the CHRIST.)
30. For as you in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: (or through the UNBELIEF of Israel as a whole rejecting Jesus as their Messiah salvation was preached to the GENTILES so that NOW whosoever believes either Jew OR Gentile might be saved.)
31. Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. (Meaning that the name of Jesus is NOW the ONLY name under heaven given among all of mankind whereby we MUST be saved. Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE and NO man can come to Almighty G-d EXCEPT through FAITH in JESUS as the SON OF Almighty G-d who suffered and died being crucified on the cross for your sins. This is the WILL of Almighty God for ALL of mankind that the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible, WARNS us that if we do NOT believe in the SON OF Almighty G-d, then we do NOT have the Father either. WHY? Because this is what Almighty G-d HIMSELF prophesied to BE in his word! But HOW shall they BELIEVE unless the HEAR of this so great a salvation. And HOW shall the HEAR, unless YOU my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, SHARE your faith to all who will hear your own personal testimony of what G-d is doing in your life through your faith in his SON Jesus. So be bold to share your faith in the name of Jesus. And if so be that they do not receive the TRUTH immediately, then hold fast to the confidence of your faith which has great recompense of reward knowing that Almighty G-d himself always gives the increase and his word will not return void unto him, but rather his word WILL produce what his word was sent to do. So then, through YOUR mercy preach the gospel so that they the JEWS and the Gentiles may obtain mercy as well.)
32. FOR (or BECAUSE) God has concluded them ALL in unbelief, that (or so THAT) he might have mercy upon ALL. (G-d desires to save ALL of mankind, but he can ONLY save those who BELIEVE that JESUS is the MESSIAH, the Christ, the anointed one who was prophesied to come to suffer and die on the cross for the sins of the people. And Jesus did this at his FIRST coming. Y'shua has already fulfilled a great portion of prophecy. The odds of so many prophecies being fulfilled by ONE man is astronomical! I implore you to read the NEW Testament for YOURSELF and you will see with your OWN eyes just how JEWISH a book that the New Testament truly is!)
33. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
34. For who has known the mind of the Lord? or who has been his counselor?
35. Or who has first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
36. For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”
Now let us go through the BIRTH of Jesus or Y'shua to see IF he has FULFILLED the PROPHECIES in the OLD Testament SCRIPTURES. And IF it be found that Jesus did indeed FULFILL many of the prophecies in the SCRIPTURES concerning his FIRST coming, then YOU, the reader and seeker of the TRUTH, are bound by the word of G-d to CHOOSE whether or not to RECEIVE Jesus as your Messiah or to REJECT Jesus as your Messiah. Agian I implore you to choose WISELY!
All I am is a messenger of G-d and I pray that YOU will make the RIGHT CHOICE, which is to BELIEVE that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living G-d who suffered and died on the cross for YOUR sins so that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES should not perish, but have eternal life in the world to come. Do NOT wait until it is too late to make the correct choice! TODAY is the day of salvation! If you are still not convinced that Jesus is the Messiah, then I implore you to keep reading.
Please read Malachi 4:5 where it is prophesied that Elijah the prophet would be sent BEFORE the coming of that great and notable day of the Lord come.
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet BEFORE the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:”
Now read Malachi 3:1
“ Behold, I will send my MESSENGER, and he shall prepare the way before ME ( the ME here is speaking of the MESSIAH and the Messenger is speaking of a prophet coming in the SPIRIT of Elijah preparing the way BEFORE the Messiah, the anointed one, the Mashiach): AND (or not only that but also) the Lord, whom you seek, shall suddenly come to HIS TEMPLE, even the MESSENGER of the COVENANT, (again speaking of the MESSIAH, but speaking of ANOTHER messenger other than the prophet coming in the SPIRIT of Elijah. And this other messenger will be the messenger of the COVENANT who shall be your MESSIAH) whom you delight in: behold, he (the Messiah) shall come, says the LORD of hosts.”
The first Messenger is speaking of Elijah or a prophet who shall come in the SPIRIT of Elijah, who comes BEFORE the Messiah. Then the MESSENGER of the COVENANT is speaking of Y'shua or Jesus being the TEMPLE of Almighty G-d, YHWH, who DWELT IN his SON Jesus during his ministry on earth as Jesus brought to the JEW FIRST and then to US the MESSAGE from G-d of the NEW COVENANT. This will be explained in greater detail, but for now I am just giving you a summary of the Messiah from his BIRTH to his victorious reigning as the King of kings over all the nations of the world.
Please read Matthew 17:10-13, where Jesus or Y'shua himself is REVEALING to us that John the baptist is Elijah or rather that John came preaching in the spirit of Elijah.
“And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias (or Elijah) must first come?
11. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias (or Elijah) truly SHALL first come, and restore all things. (speaking of Elijah coming AGAIN before the SECOND coming of Jesus or rather that the MESSAGE of the coming of Jesus would be preached in the SPIRIT of Elijah before the SECOND coming of Jesus)
12. But I say unto you, That Elias is come ALREADY, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall ALSO the Son of man SUFFER of them.
13. Then the disciples UNDERSTOOD that he spoke unto them of John the Baptist.”
In other words, the disciples of Jesus understood that Jesus was speaking of John the baptist as being Elijah which was prophesied to come before the coming of the Messiah. And NOW we, the church, understand that the gospel will be preached in the intensity and SPIRIT of Elijah at the end of days right before the SECOND coming of Jesus as well, which I believe is drawing very close and is near at hand.
Now please read Matthew 11:7-15.
“And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went you out into the wilderness to SEE? A reed shaken with the wind?
8. But what went you out for to SEE? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
9. But what went you out for to SEE? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
10. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before your face, which shall prepare your way before you.
11. Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there has not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14. And if you will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. (or if you will receive it I tell you that John the Baptist IS Elijah that was prophesied to come before the Messiah.)
15. He that has ears to hear, let him hear.”
Now please read Matthew 3:1-3, which again teaches us that John the baptist preached in the SPIRIT of Elijah.
“In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea,
2. And saying, Repent you: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3. For this is HE that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias (Isaiah), saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare you the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.”
Here is this PROPHECY written in the book of Isaiah. Please read Isaiah 40:3.
“The voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Prepare you the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.”
Now let us go to Luke chapter 3 to see the BIRTH of both John the baptist who Jesus said was Elijah and the BIRTH of Jesus. Please read Luke 3:1-38, and as you read please notice that ALL the people are JEWS, which again clearly shows any one seeking the TRUTH that the NEW Testament is NOT a GENTILE book, but rather a book written to the JEWS first.
“Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John (or John the baptist as he came to be called) the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.
3. And he (John the baptist) came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
4. As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare you the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
5. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
6. And all flesh (or ALL of mankind) shall see the salvation of God. (remember that this is a prophecy from the prophet Isaiah written in the SCRIPTURES of the OLD Testament that is just being REVEALED to us by the EYEWITNESSES of Jesus who wrote the NEW Testament as a RECORD of what they saw and were taught by the MESSIAH, Y-shua or Jesus.)
7. Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who has warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8. Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin NOT to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
9. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
10. And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?
11. He answers and said unto them, He that has two coats, let him impart to him that has none; and he that has meat, let him do likewise.
12. Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?
13. And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.
14. And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
15. And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not;
16 . John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but ONE MIGHTIER than I COMES, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
17. Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.
18. And many other things in his exhortation preached he unto the people.
19. But Herod the tetrarch, being reproved by him for Herodias his brother Philip's wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done,
20. Added yet this above all, that he shut up John in prison.
21. Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22. And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, You are my beloved Son; in you I am well pleased. (This is recorded by those who were EYEWITNESSES of this event of HEARING the VOICE of Almighty G-d thundering from heaven like he did in days of old. So then Almighty G-d himself is telling us to BELIEVE that Jesus is his SON in whom he is well pleased.)
23. And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, (Many Jews did NOT believe that Jesus was the Messiah, because they SUPPOSED that Joseph was his earthly biological father not understanding that Jesus was CONCEIVED in the WOMB of the VIRGIN Mary BY the spoken word of Almighty G-d sent to Mary by the angel Gabriel. And then when Mary BELIEVED the word of G-d the Holy Spirit came upon the VIRGIN Mary as the SON of G-d was CONCEIVED in her womb. Joseph then stepped in to be a step father or legal guardian of Jesus by adopting Jesus as his son, but Joseph was NOT the earthly biological father of Jesus, the Messiah, who was CONCEIVED in the womb of the VIRGIN Mary by the spoken word of Almighty G-d. To say this another way, Jesus was MIRACULOUSLY conceived in the womb of the VIRGIN Mary BY the SPOKEN word of Almighty G-d HIMSELF, and thus Almighty God HIMSELF became to FATHER of Jesus where Y'shua would be called the SON OF the HIGHEST. Any way in the following verses is the LINAGE of the VIRGIN Mary of whom the MESSIAH was BORN a human being to be CALLED the SON of the HIGHEST. So then Joseph standing in as the HEAD of Mary, where Mary was the DAUGHTER of HELI, who was also the father-in-law of Joseph. So it was MARY who was the actual BIOLOGICAL SEED or linage of HELI. Also in the original text the words “SON OF” are NOT in the Greek, but rather carries the meaning of LINAGE either male or female to let us know that this passage is speaking of the linage of MARY who was the DAUGHTER of HELI)
24. Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
25. Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,
26. Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,
27. Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,
28. Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,
29. Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,
30. Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,
31. Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of NATHAN, which was the son of DAVID, (so then, the VIRGIN Mary was of the linage or of the royal line of king David from which the prophesied Messiah was to be BORN. Please notice that the linage of Joseph given in Matthew chapter 1, which is coming up next, follows the seed of SOLOMON the son of DAVID where the linage of Mary follows the seed of NATHAN who is also the son of king DAVID. In other words, BOTH Mary AND Joseph are of the SEED of king DAVID. Thus the BIRTH of Jesus has FULFILLED the SCRIPTURES of Y'shua being of the SEED of king David.)
32. Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
33. Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,
34. Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
35. Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
36. Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
37. Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
38. Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.”
Now let us read the linage of Jesus through the linage of Joseph given to us in Matthew 1:1-25.
“The book of the GENERATION of Jesus Christ (or of Jesus the ANOINTED ONE, the Messiah, the Mashiach) the son of DAVID, the son of ABRAHAM.
2. Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
3. And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
4. And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
5. And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6. And Jesse begat DAVID the king; and David the king begat SOLOMON of her that had been the wife of Urias; (Remember that the linage of Jesus through his biological mother MARY is traced through NATHAN who is another son of king DAVID.)
7. And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
8. And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9. And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10. And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11. And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
12. And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
13. And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14. And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15. And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16. And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called CHRIST. (Please notice that the word of G-d does NOT say that Jesus was begat or begotten BY Joseph, but rather CHANGES the wording to specifically and clearly show us that Jesus was BORN of MARY whose HUSBAND was Joseph. AND that Jesus is called the CHRIST, the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE of God, the Mashiach.)
17. So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations. (Some count Jechonias TWICE to arrive at FOURTEEN generations, but for me personally I see the FOURTEENTH generation as being US, the BELIEVERS in Jesus. who become the ANOINTED ONES, his BODY, his CHRIST on the earth. We, BELIEVERS in Jesus, are the SEED of the CHRIST. Fourteen is also to number for forgiveness which we have in being the SEED of Y'shua)
18. Now the BIRTH of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, BEFORE they came together, she was found with child OF the Holy Ghost. (meaning that Mary was a VIRGIN just as the word of G-d prophesied that the Messiah would be born of a VIRGIN.)
19. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
20. BUT while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, you son of David, fear not to take unto you Mary your wife: for that which is CONCEIVED IN her is OF the Holy Ghost. (or that holy child conceived in the womb of the virgin Mary is OF Almighty G-d HIMSELF)
21. And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for (or BECAUSE) he shall save his people from their sins. (the name Y'shua or Jesus means Yahweh SAVES or the salvation OF Yahweh, YHWH. In other word's Jesus or Y'shua is the salvation or the DELIVERER OF Yahweh who was prophesied to come in the Tanach, the holy Scriptures of the Old Testament.)
22. Now all this was done, that it might be FULFILLED which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23. Behold, a VIRGIN shall be with child, and shall bring forth a SON, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.(the way in which G-d was WITH his people Israel was in that Almighty G-d himself DWELT IN his SON Jesus, ANOINTING his SON with power to do all his G-d and Father's will. Jesus was a HUMAN being CONCEIVED by Almighty G-d IN WHOM Almighty G-d himself came to DWELL IN when Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan by John the Baptist.)
24. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25. And knew her not TILL she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.”
then, Mary remained a VIRGIN until AFTER Jesus was BORN. And then
AFTER Jesus was born Mary and Joseph came together to know each other
intimately to bear other sons and daughters having Joseph as their
biological father. Now let us go to Luke 1:5-80 to see the BIRTH of
Jesus along with the birth of John the baptist who preached in the
SPIRIT of Elijah.
“There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. (So again I point out that the NEW Testament is NOT a GENTILE book, but was written BY JEWS and FOR the JEWS along with be written for WHOSOEVER will BELIEVE, which includes the Gentiles as well.)
7. And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.
8. And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,
9. According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
10. And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.
11. And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. (Please keep in mind that it has now been almost four hundred years since G-d has spoken to his people Israel)
12. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
13. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for your prayer is heard; and your wife Elisabeth shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.
14. And you shall have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
15. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
16. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
17. And he (JOHN) shall go BEFORE HIM (or John shall come BEFORE the MESSIAH) in the SPIRIT and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. (G-d's people Israel were LOOKING for their Messiah and SOME repented of their sins and were baptized by John who was preparing all who believed his word to repent of their sins and believe that one GREATER than he is coming speaking of Y'shua as being the messiah, the LAMB of G-d)
18. And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.
19. And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto you, and to show you these glad tidings.
20. And, behold, you shall be dumb, and NOT able to speak, UNTIL the day that these things shall be performed, because you believe NOT my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
21. And the people waited for Zacharias, and marveled that he tarried so long in the temple.
22. And when he came out, he could not speak unto them: and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple: for he beckoned unto them, and remained speechless.
23. And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house.
24. And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,
25. Thus has the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.
26. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27. TO a VIRGIN espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the VIRGIN'S name was Mary.
28. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, you that are highly favored, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women.
29. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for you have found favor with God.
31. And, behold, you shall CONCEIVE in your womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32. He shall be great, and shall be CALLED the SON OF the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto HIM the throne of his father David:
33. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
35. And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon you, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow you: THEREFORE also that holy thing which shall be born of you shall be called the SON OF God.
36. And, behold, your cousin Elisabeth, she has also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
37. For with God nothing shall be impossible.
38. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to your word. And the angel departed from her. (In other words, Mary BELIEVED that the angel Gabriel was indeed from Almighty G-d bringing G-D'S WORD to her and by faith she AGREED with G-d's WORD saying, be it done unto me ACCORDING to your words or just as you have SPOKEN it G-d so shall it BE)
39. And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
40. And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
41. And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42. And she spoke out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
43. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44. For, lo, as soon as the voice of your salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45. And blessed is she that BELIEVED: for (or BECAUSE Mary BELIEVED G-d's WORD spoken to her) there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
46. And Mary said, My soul does magnify the Lord,
47. And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
48. For he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth ALL generations shall call me blessed. (Remember that G-d PROPHESIED BEFORE it came to pass that he would do NEW THINGS and one of the NEW things was for Almighty G-d to have a SON. And from that time forward ALL generations or every nation shall be blessed, if so be that they BELIEVE that Jesus is the CHRIST, the SON OF the living G-d.)
49. For he that is mighty has done to me great things; and holy is his name.
50. And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
51. He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52. He has put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
53. He has filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he has sent empty away.
54. He has holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
55. As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
56. And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.
57. Now Elisabeth's full time came that she should be delivered; and she brought forth a son.
58. And her neighbours and her cousins heard how the Lord had shown great mercy upon her; and they rejoiced with her.
59. And it came to pass, that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child; and they called him Zacharias, after the name of his father.
60. And his mother answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called John.
61. And they said unto her, There is none of your kindred that is called by this name.
62. And they made signs to his father, how he would have him called.
63. And he asked for a writing table, and wrote, saying, His name is John. And they marveled all.
64. And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spoke, and praised God. (So as soon as Zacharias BELIEVED the WORD of G-d to call his son JOHN his tongue was loosed and he could speak once again.)
65. And FEAR came on all that dwelt round about them: and all these sayings were noised abroad throughout all the hill country of Judea.
66. And all they that heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, What manner of child shall this be! And the hand of the Lord was with him.
67. And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
68. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he has visited and redeemed his people,
69. And has raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
70. As he spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
71. That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
72. To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
73. The oath which he swore to our father Abraham,
74. That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
75. In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
76. And you, child, shall be called the prophet of the Highest: for you (John) shall go BEFORE the face of the Lord (the Messiah) to prepare his ways;
77. To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
78. Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the day spring (referring to the Messiah rising up or being raised up) from on high has visited us,
79. To give LIGHT to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
80. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his showing unto Israel.”
Now that we can clearly see without a doubt the Jesus FULFILLED the prophesies of being of the SEED of DAVID, and being BORN of a VIRGIN. So now let us see if Jesus FULFILLS the prophecy of Micah 5:2 being born in the little town of BETHLEHEM.
Please read the Old Testament prophecy again from Micah 5:2, which says,
“But you, BETHLEHEM Ephratah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of YOU shall HE come forth unto me that is to be RULER in Israel; whose GOINGS FORTH have been from of old, from everlasting.”
Please keep in mind that the GOINGS forth here is PLURAL meaning MORE that just ONE going forth or just ONE coming as we have already seen from several Old Testament prophecies.
Now let us read from the New Testament where Jesus FULFILLED the part of this prophecy, which spoke of him being the Messiah who would be BORN IN BETHLEHEM, which is found in Micah 5:2.
Please read Matthew 2:1-23. Again as you read the NEW Testament please notice that it is NOT a book written to just GENTLES, but rather I want you see just how JEWISH the NEW Testament truly is. Also keep in mind the the NEW Testament is a RECORD of what these JEWISH men and woman SAW and heard. In other word's the NEW Testament are JEWISH men writing to JEWISH men what they SAW with their own eyes and heard with their own ears.
“Now when Jesus was BORN in BETHLEHEM of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2. Saying, Where is he that is BORN King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
3. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them WHERE CHRIST (or the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE) should be BORN.
5. And they said unto him, In BETHLEHEM of Judea: FOR (or BECAUSE) thus it is WRITTEN by the prophet,
6. And you BETHLEHEM, in the land of Judea, are not the least among the princes of Judea: for OUT of YOU shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
7. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
8. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when you have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
9. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. (Jesus was now about the age of TWO)
10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
12. And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
13. And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be you there UNTIL I bring you word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
14. When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
15. And was there UNTIL the DEATH of Herod: that it might be FULFILLED which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my SON.(Please read Hosea 11:1, “When Israel was a CHILD, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.” )
16. Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew ALL the children that were in BETHLEHEM, and in ALL the COAST thereof, from TWO years old and UNDER, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.
17. Then was FULFILLED that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet (In Jeremiah 31:15), saying,
18. In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
19. But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
20. Saying, Arise, and take the young CHILD (of the seed of ISRAEL where Isaac was renamed Israel by G-d to foreshadow the coming Messiah) and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: FOR (or because) they are dead which sought the young CHILD'S life.
21. And he arose, and took the young CHILD and his mother (where called OUT of EGYPT just as the PROPHECY foretold), and came into the land of Israel.
22. But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee: (so then by the leading of Almighty G-d himself the Messiah was led to be raised up in GALILEE)
23. And he came and dwelt in a city called NAZARETH: that it might be FULFILLED which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.”
Now while there is no direct or single verse in the Old Testament which specifically states that the Messiah will come out of Nazareth, we can clearly see from the New Testament that Mary's home town was Nazareth, where it appears that Joseph's home town was Bethlehem. Remember that God HID his Messiah and kept him SECRET until the fullness of time.
Please read John 7:40-52 where we learn that NO prophet comes out of Galilee, because the Jews despised Galilee.
“Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a TRUTH this is the Prophet.
41. Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42. Has not the scripture said, That Christ comes of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43. So there was a division among the people because of him. (in other words, SOME Jews understood that Jesus was actually BORN in Bethlehem and THEN was RAISED in Nazareth of Galilee.)
44. And some of them would have taken him; but no man laid hands on him.
45. Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have you not brought him?
46. The officers answered, Never man spoke like this man. (also the JEWS were divided because they had never heard a prophet of G-d speak with such authority and power of G-d.)
47. Then answered them the Pharisees, Are you also deceived?
48. Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him?
49. But this people (the scribes and the Pharisees and the RULERS were speaking of ALL people from GALILEE as being THIS people) who knows not the law are cursed.
50. Nicodemus said unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,)
51. Does our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he does?
52 They answered and said unto him, Are you ALSO of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee arises no prophet.”
So here we learn that the Jewish LEADERS did NOT think much of anyone coming out of Galilee, so to THEM it would be impossible for Jesus to be the Messiah seeing that he himself came out of NAZARETH of GALILEE not realizing that Jesus or Y'shua was BORN in the city of DAVID, the little town of BETHLEHEM.
Now we have already seen that Jesus was ALSO from Bethlehem seeing that he was BORN in Bethlehem. But we also see that Jesus was a NAZARENE being RAISED in his mother's home town of Nazareth in Galilee. Please read Luke 1:26,27 where we read where Jesus was actually CONCEIVED in the womb of Mary.
“And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27. To a VIRGIN espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.”
So it was ACTUALLY IN the city of Galilee named NAZARETH where Jesus was CONCEIVED in the womb of the VIRGIN Mary by the spoken word of Almighty God. But Jesus was not actually BORN in Nazareth, but rather as the prophecy states Y'shua was BORN in BETHLEHEM. Then we already saw in Matthew that after Jesus was called OUT of Egypt that G-d directed Mary and Joseph to take up residence in NAZARETH where Jesus was RAISED.
Now please read Luke chapter 2 where you can clearly see that Jesus was RAISE in the city of Galilee named NAZARETH.
“And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3. And all went to be taxed, every one into his OWN city.
4. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, OUT of the city of NAZARETH, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called BETHLEHEM; (because he [Joseph] was of the house and lineage of David:)
5. To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. (So then, Mary and Joseph were living in Nazareth and they went to Bethlehem, which was the hometown of Joseph to pay taxes. Mary was about ready to give birth to Jesus at this time)
6. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. (so then WHILE Joseph and Mary were IN BETHLEHEM pay their taxes Jesus or Y'shua was BORN in BETHLEHEM)
8. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. (keep in mind that these were JEWISH shepherd who were just telling what the Lord G-d had shown them and told them. Again remember that it has been almost four hundred years since G-d has spoken or revealed himself to his people Israel. And if you DENY that Y'shua is your Messiah, then it has now been almost 2,400 years since G-d has spoken to YOU.)
9. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to ALL people.
11. For unto you is BORN THIS DAY IN the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
12. And this shall be a SIGN unto you; You shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15. And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord has made known unto us.
16. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17. And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. (that this child would be a SIGN unto the people.)
18. And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19. But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
20. And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
21. And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel BEFORE he was CONCEIVED in the womb.(back in city of Nazareth)
22. And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;
23. (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that opens the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)
24. And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.
25. And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
26. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. (Here we see a Jewish elder to whom the Lord spoke to assuring him that he would NOT die until after he had seen with his own eyes the Messiah, the CHRIST, the anointed one, the Mashiach.)
27. And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
28. Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
29. Lord, now let you your servant depart in peace, according to your word:
30. For mine eyes have seen YOUR salvation,(Remember that the NAME Jesus or Y'shua mean the salvation OF Yahweh.)
31. Which YOU (Almighty G-d) have prepared before the face of all people; (to the JEWS FIRST and THEN your salvation became)
32. A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel.
33. And Joseph and his mother marveled at those things which were spoken of him. (over and over we see many different people being told by Almighty G-d that this child Jesus or Y'shua is the CHRIST. You have the shepherds in the fields with angels appearing to them, you have the Holy Spirit coming upon people and G-d leading them where to go, you have the SIGN of the star leading the wise men from the east, you have people having dreams showing that Y'shua is the Messiah. How much more proof do you need that Jesus is the MESSIAH the one prophesied to come? Who else has FULFILLED so many prophecies? Can you not see that Jesus is the ONLY one who has already FULFILLED many of the prophecies and the the odds of any ONE man fulfilling so many of these prophesies is astronomical and seemingly impossible. But yet Jesus has INDEED fulfilled a great many prophesies from the Old Testament and will yet fulfill the REST at his SECOND coming.)
34. And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the FALL and rising AGAIN of many in Israel; and for a SIGN which shall be spoken AGAINST; (this is a prophecy confirming the Old Testament prophecy that Israel as a nation would reject Y'shua as their Messiah and thus Jerusalem would FALL into the hands of the enemy and Israel would be scattered. But the Prophecy goes on to assure Israel that she will rise again WHEN she calls upon the name of the Lord to be saved.)
35. (Yea, a sword shall pierce through your own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
36. And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
37. And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fasting and prayers night and day. (here we see yet another very devout Jewish woman bearing witness of this child Y'shua being the redemption of Israel)
38. And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spoke of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
39. And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their OWN city NAZARETH.
40. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
41. Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the Passover.
42. And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast. (Joseph and Mary were very devout JEWS who obeyed the word of G-d)
43. And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
44. But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
45. And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
46. And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48. And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why have you thus dealt with us? behold, your father and I have sought you sorrowing.
49. And he said unto them, How is it that you sought me? wist you not that I must be about my Father's business?
50. And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.
51. And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
52. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.”
In this passage of scripture we the prophecy in Isaiah 50:4,5 being FULFILLED. Jesus is only twelve years old here and he is AMAZING his elders with his knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.
“ The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of the LEARNED, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakens morning by morning, he wakens mine ear to hear as the LEARNED.
5. The Lord GOD has opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.”
From age 12 to when Jesus began to turn 30 years of age the New Testament is more or less silent. It was when Jesus began to turn 30 years of age that G-d sent his Son out into the world to begin his ministry to his people the JEWS.
Now let us take a look at when Jesus first began his ministry to his people the JEWS so you can see for YOURSELF how Jesus taught from the OLD Testament SCRIPTURES and that the New Testament is nothing more than a RECORD of what Jesus did and what he taught his people the JEWS.
Please read Luke 4:14-21, which is right after Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan by John the baptist. This is when Jesus was ANOINTED by his G-d and Father with the Holy Spirit of Almighty G-d coming down from heaven to DWELL IN his Son Jesus to give his Son POWER to do the works his G-d and Father called him to do.
“And Jesus returned in the POWER of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
15. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
16. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. (Jesus was a JEW of the linage of king David as he obeyed the commandments of Almighty G-d)
17. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias (Isaiah). And when he had opened the book, he found the place (Isaiah 61:1,2) where it was written,
18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because HE has ANOINTED me to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, (In other words, Almighty G-d sent his Spirit to dwell IN his Son Jesus or Y'shua to EMPOWER his Son to do the mighty works people saw Jesus do. When you read the gospels you will see many time where Jesus always give all the glory to his G-d and Father as the one who is doing the mighty works of healing, casting out devils and raising the dead. Y'shua was ANOINTED with the Holy Spirit and power)
19. To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20. And he closed the book (now there was MORE prophesy to be read, but the rest of the prophecy spoke of what WILL YET be fulfilled at the SECOND COMING of Jesus. Somehow Jesus knew to STOP right here in this prophecy of him and close the book), and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21. And he began to say unto them, THIS DAY is this scripture FUFILLED in YOUR EARS.”
Here is Isaiah 61:1,2, which Jesus quoted from the book of Isaiah which spoke of HIM being the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE, the Mashiach.
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD has ANOINTED me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2. To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, (Please notice that Jesus STOPPED here and he did NOT gone on to say the following) and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;”
The reason Jesus did not quote ALL the prophecy is because that LATER part of the prophecy will YET be fulfilled AT the SECOND COMING of Jesus when Jesus RETURNS execute the VENGEANCE of G-d and then to rule and reign as the King of kings in his Father's kingdom for a 1000 years, which you as a Jew call the Messianic kingdom.
Jesus did his best to try to get his people the Jews to BELIEVE his words, but as a WHOLE Israel rejected Jesus as their Messiah, partly because they were so FOCUSED on what the Messiah will do at his SECOND COMING not realizing that their Messiah would come TWO different times.
You see what many Jews MISSED were all the prophecies of the SUFFERING and death of their Messiah. Even the closest disciples of Jesus did not WANT to believe that their Messiah was going to suffer and die on the cross and Jesus had to TEACH them FROM the SCRIPTURES that all scripture MUST be FULFILLED concerning HIM, their Messiah. Now Jesus taught his disciples all these things BEFORE he suffered and died, but they did NOT fully understand them until AFTER Jesus was raised from the dead and Jesus came to them to expound or explain the SCRIPTURES to them AGAIN and then their spiritual eyes were OPENED and the UNDERSTOOD that ALL the prophecies concerning the Messiah MUST be fulfilled.
So first please read where Jesus taught his disciples from the SCRIPTURES beginning at Moses after Jesus was raised from the dead, and then we will take a look at many of the Old Testament PROPHECIES of the Messiah relating to his SUFFERING and dying comparing them side by side with the RECORDS in the gospels of the New Testament.
Please read Luke chapter 24.
“Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
2. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulcher. (the Jewish leaders had a SEAL placed on the stone and two Roman soldiers to GUARD the tomb till the three days where fulfilled for fear that someone would steal the body of Jesus. Please read all four gospels to get the full RECORD written down by the EYEWITNESSES who again where most all Jewish people.)
3. And they entered in, and found NOT the BODY of the Lord Jesus.
4. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek you the LIVING among the dead?
6. He is not here, but is RISEN: remember how he spoke unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7. Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be CRUCIFIED, and the third day RISEN AGAIN.
8. And they remembered his words,
9. And returned from the sepulcher, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.
10. It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.
11. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not. (It took a while for them to grasp that what Jesus taught them was true. Even though they were plainly taught by Jesus that he must suffer and die, they too were WONDERING how and WHEN their Messiah would restore the kingdom.)
12. Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulcher; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.
13. And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
14. And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
15. And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
16. But their eyes were holden that they should not know him. (or they did not recognize this man as being Jesus their Messiah still wondering why he died)
17. And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that you have one to another, as you walk, and are SAD?
18. And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Are you only a stranger in Jerusalem, and have not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
19. And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
20. And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to DEATH, and have CRUCIFIED him.
21. But we trusted that it had been HE which should have redeemed Israel: (Here we see that the close followers of Jesus or Y'shua were CONFUSED. They had TRUSTED that Y'shua is the Messiah and yet he DIED. Yes they were TOLD that he would rise again, but they did not truly understand what all this meant as yet) and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
22. Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulcher;
23. And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was ALIVE.
24. And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulcher, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
25. Then he said unto them, O fools, and SLOW of heart to believe ALL that the prophets have spoken:
26. Ought not CHRIST (the ANOINTED ONE, the Messiah, the Mashiach) to have SUFFERED these things, and to enter into his glory?
27. And BEGINNING at Moses and ALL the prophets, he expounded unto them in ALL the SCRIPTURES the things concerning HIMSELF.
28. And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29. But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
30. And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31. And their eyes were OPENED, and they KNEW him; and he vanished out of their sight.
32. And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he OPENED to us the SCRIPTURES?
33. And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34. Saying, The Lord is RISEN INDEED, and hath appeared to Simon.
35. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
36. And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and said unto them, Peace be unto you.
37. But they were terrified and afraid, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38. And he said unto them, Why are you troubled? And why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39. Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet.
41. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have you here any meat?
42. And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43. And he took it, and did eat before them.
44. And he said unto them, These are the words which I spoke unto you, while I was yet with you, that ALL things MUST be FULFILLED, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning ME.
45. Then OPENED he their UNDERSTANDING, that they might understand the SCRIPTURES, (Jesus was NOT teaching from some NEW Testament, but rather ALL that Jesus taught came straight from the Old Testament SCRIPTURES concerning HIM. Jesus said to the JEWS that they searched to SCRIPTURES for eternal life and yet they did not understand that the SCRIPTURES spoke of HIM. The New testament is NOT a GENTILE book as many of you who are Jews have WRONGLY been taught by your Rabbis. The New Testament is merely a RECORD of what the EYEWITNESSES of Jesus both saw and were taught by Jesus directly from the Old Testament SCRIPTURES, the Tenach.)
46. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to SUFFER, and to RISE from the dead the third day:
47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, BEGINNING at JERUSALEM. (Both the kingdom of G-d and the gospel was preached to the JEWS FIRST and then AFTER the nation of Israel as a whole rejected Jesus as their Messiah, THEN Almighty G-d HIMSELF turned to the Gentiles in order to PROVOKE Israel to jealousy to return from their unbelief and accept G-d's so great a gift of salvation.)
48. And you are WITNESSES of these things.
49. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry you in the city of Jerusalem, until you be endued with power from on high. (The reason the Y'shua or Jesus suffered and died on the cross for our sins is so the he could prepare for us a PLACE, an ABIDING place for the Holy Spirit to come and DWELL or ABIDE IN US to EMPOWER us to do the SAME works that men saw Jesus do THROUGH the eternal Spirit who DWELT IN him. Please read the study “THE POWER AND THE AUTHORITY OF THE BELIEVER!”)
50. And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
51. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.”
Here in this last verse we see Y'shua ASCENDING UP into heaven to the throne of G-d where he is now awaiting for the fullness to time for his G-d and Father will send his SON Jesus AGAIN a SECOND TIME. And this time Jesus or Y'shua will come with his armies from heaven to make WAR with those Islamic Muslim nations who are making war with Israel and killing Christians as well. More on the SECOND coming of Jesus further on in this study of G-d's word.
But for now what I want to do is to have you read from the Old Testament SCRIPTURES beginning with Isaiah chapter 53 FIRST, and then we will go to the NEW Testament and read from the gospel accounts where Jesus FULFILLED each and every one of the prophecies written in the SCRIPTURES speaking of his FIRST coming thus proving to all who have eyes to SEE that Jesus IS the CHRIST, the ANOINTED one of God, the Messiah, the Mashiach who died for YOUR sins and not only your sins but for the sins of the WHOLE world that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES on Jesus as the SON of Almighty G-d should not perish but have eternal life in the world to come.
Please read Isaiah chapter 53.
“Who has believed our report? (this was fulfilled every time God's chosen people the Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah. Please read John 12:28-48) And to whom is the ARM of the LORD revealed (the ARM of the Lord is a prophetic hidden reference to the Messiah, the ANOINTED ONE, the Mashiach)?
2. For he (the Messiah) shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he has no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.(Jesus was not a man of great physical stature or physical beauty that others would desire him)
3. He is DESPISED and REJECTED of men (even to this day Jesus is still yet fulfilling this scripture); a man of sorrows (Jesus cried out for his people Israel for them to BELIEVE, please read Luke 13:24), and acquainted with GRIEF: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was DESPISED, and we (Israel to whom Jesus was sent) esteemed him not.
4. Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5. BUT he was wounded for OUR transgressions, he was bruised for OUR iniquities: the chastisement of OUR peace was upon him; and with his stripes WE are healed.
6. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way (this was fulfilled when the close disciples of Jesus denied him when Jesus was betrayed by one of his own disciples); and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. (Jesus bore the sins of all of mankind at his FIRST COMING so that whosoever BELIEVES on him NOW shall receive eternal life AT his SECOND COMING. It will be ONLY those who believe on Jesus NOW in this present world who shall receive eternal life AT his SECOND coming. Any who call upon the name of the Lord AT his second coming when they SEE him will be saved alive in their MORTAL bodies and then must prove themselves to be found worthy at the final judgment to receive eternal life at the END of the world to come. This is why Jesus says that first shall be LAST and the last shall be FIRST and why TODAY is the day of salvation. So I implore all my readers and seekers of the truth to make your salvation SURE NOW in this present world.)
7. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a LAMB to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opens not his mouth.
8. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was CUT OFF out of the land of the LIVING: FOR the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9. And he made his grave with the WICKED, and with the RICH in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he has put him to grief: when you shall make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; FOR he shall bear their iniquities. (Some Jews have said that the word Messiah does NOT mean SAVIOR, but they have failed to UNDERSTAND ALL the prophecies of the Messiah. Will YOU continue to believe your Rabbis who have NOT properly discerned the SCRIPTURES or will you NOW REPENT of your UNBELIEF and BELIEVE the very word of ALMIGHTY God himself that is before your very EYES?)
12. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; BECAUSE he has poured out his soul unto death (this was fulfilled when Almighty God the Father HIGHLY EXALTED his SON Jesus and gave him a NAME that is above EVERY other name so hat at the name of Jesus even the angels in heaven will bow down and worship to the GLORY OF Almighty G-d the Father.): and he was numbered with the transgressors (this scripture was FULFILLED when Jesus was crucified between two criminals one to his right and one to his left); and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”
Below is a list of New Testament FULFILLMENT of each and every verse of scripture found in Isaiah chapter 53, which were ALL FULFILLED by Jesus, or Yeshua.
So I ask you my dear friends who are Jews to PLEASE consider the ODDS of any ONE man fulfilling each and every one of these prophecies that were indeed FULFILLED by Jesus at his FIRST COMING. Be assured that seeing the Jesus FULFILLED ALL these prophecies at his FIRST COMING that he will indeed RETURN just as he has promised to FULFILL the REST of the prophecies concerning HIM as being the MESSIAH, the ANOINTED ONE, the Mashiach who is prophesied to come.
233. Isaiah 53:1...His people would not believe
Him... John 12:37-38
“Who has believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2. For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he has no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.”
From this passage of scripture we learn that the Messiah will NOT have the form or outward appearance of a person that will be desired. To say this another way, the Messiah will not LOOK like a great and mighty warrior on the outside. This may be another reason why Israel as a whole reject Jesus as their Messiah.
The main point that I want you to see from Isaiah charter 53 is that the word of G-d prophesied of a SUFFERING Messiah. And that Daniel 9:26 prophesied that the Messiah would be CUT OFF or KILLED for the people. So then, when ALL the prophesies of the Messiah are considered, then you can clearly see why there are TWO comings of the Messiah. His FIRST coming was to suffer and die of the cross for the sins of the people, and his SECOND coming will be as a MIGHTY WARRIOR to rescue his people from being completely destroyed by the invading Muslim armies seeking to kill every last Jew and Christian.
Now please read Jeremiah 31:22
“How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD has created a NEW THING in the earth, A woman shall compass a man. (speaking of a man child being encompassed in the womb of a woman. The liter translation of the Hebrew word that is translated as a MAN actually means MASTER speaking of the MESSIAH being conceived in the womb of a woman.)”
In other word's the Scriptures are asking YOU who are a JEW saying How LONG will you continue to BACKSLIDE away from G-d by NOT believing that G-d is doing a NEW THING in the earth by creating a SON for himself in the womb of a woman whom he himself has anointed to be YOUR MESSIAH?
Please read Jeremiah 33:14-16.
“ Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will perform that good thing (or that NEW thing) which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.
15. In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.
16. In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.”
“365 PROPHECIES of JESUS!”
For those of you who desire to search the word of TRUTH daily for YOURSELF to see if those things you are being taught is the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God, then here are the REFERENCES to verses of scripture of 365 PROPHECIES from the Old Testament. Now while there are 365 prophecies on this list some are repeated, and some I personal do NOT agree are INTERPRETED correctly by those who actually compiled this list. I personal estimate that there are around 300 prophesies.
Also I have listed below ALL the verses that contain the words or phrases that would CLEARLY show that that particular New Testament passage of scripture is a FULFILLMENT of an Old Testament PROPHECY. Enjoy searching the WORD of TRUTH! Obviously Jesus or Y'shua did not fulfill ALL the prophecies from the Old Testament is his FIRST coming, which was to suffer and die on the cross for the sins of the people and be raised from the dead after three days and three nights as a SIGN to the Jews that he is indeed their Mashiach or their Messiah, the ANOINTED one of G-d who was prophesied to come.
But when the majority of Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah G-d then turned to the Gentiles just like it is PROPHESIED in his word that he would. But God did not completely turn away from his people Israel and promised that at the end of days he would turn again a SECOND time to deliver them. In other words when Jesus ascended to his God and his father he promised that he would come AGAIN. For those who BELIEVE that Jesus is the CHRIST, the Messiah, the Mashiach, the ANOINTED one of G-d when Jesus comes AGAIN we shall be given eternal life at his coming.
However for the Jews who do NOT believe NOW in this present world that Jesus is the Messiah they will believe that Jesus is their Messiah, when they SEE him coming in clouds of glory to DELIVER them from the Islamic Muslim armies seeking to kill every last Jew and Christian and the Jews will call upon his name to be saved. Jesus will indeed save SOME of them ALIVE in their MORTAL bodies and the Jews along with those left of the nations will go into the Messianic age where Jesus will reign for a 1000 years on the year teaching the Jews and those left of the nation to NOT learn war any more. And all the faithful Christians will rule and reign WITH Jesus being given an immortal body just like Jesus was given by his G-d and Father when G-d raised his Son Jesus from the dead for obeying his Father's will to suffer and die for the sin of the people at his FIRST coming.
For all Jews and Muslims I want you to notice that the first 46 of these PROPHECIES are from the TORAH. And for all Muslims I know that many of you still believe that the TORAH has NOT been corrupted so when you read these first 46 prophecies KNOW that the REST of these prophecies ALSO speak of Jesus. I ALSO want to ASSURE all Muslims that NONE of the Holy Bible has been CORRUPTED. This is a LIE being spread by your own Muslim brothers and sisters, who have been DECEIVED by Satan, the Devil, in order to KEEP you in DARKNESS.
Search out the TRUTH for YOURSELF!
Genesis 3:15.....Seed of a woman (virgin birth).....Luke 1:35,
That it might be FULFILLED scriptures !
Here are all the New Testament verses that have the phrase "that it might be FULFILLED" in them showing that this passage of scripture is a FULFILLMENT of one of the PROPHECIES of Jesus from the Old Testament. If you want to read the CONTEXT of where the verse is found hold down the control key (CTRL) and click on which function you wish to do, whether it be Read, View, or Compare translations.
“Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,”
“And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.”
“Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying,”
“And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.”
“That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet, saying,”
“For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”
“That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.”
“That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet, saying,”
“And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias,(Isaiah) which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:”
“That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying , I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.”
“All this was done , that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,”
“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”
“But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?”
“But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.”
“Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;”
“And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.”
“And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
“Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?”
“I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.”
“And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.”
“And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.”
“And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.”
“And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”
“For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.”
“And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”
“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.”
“For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”
“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled , which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.”
“He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.”
“That the saying of Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed ?”
“I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.”
“But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.”
“While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept , and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.”
“And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.”
“That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.”
“That the saying of Jesus might be fulfilled, which he spake, signifying what death he should die.”
“They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.”
“After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.”
“For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.”
“Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.”
“But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.”
“And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:”
“And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark.”
“And as John fulfilled his course, he said, Whom think ye that I am ? I am not he. But, behold, there cometh one after me, whose shoes of his feet I am not worthy to loose.”
“For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not , nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.”
“And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.”
“God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.”
“And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled.”
“That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.”
“And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.”
“For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”
“And the scripture was fulfilled which said, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.”
“And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.”
“And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.”
“For God has put in their hearts to fulfill his will, and to agree , and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.”
“And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up , and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.”
Here are all the verses that contain the phrase "it is WRITTEN" which shows that this particular passage of scripture in the New Testament is a FULFILLMENT of an Old Testament PROPHECIES of Jesus.
“And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,”
“But he answered and said , It is written , Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
“And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.”
“Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.”
“Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”
“For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.”
“And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.”
“The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.”
“Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.”
“As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.”
“He answered and said unto them , Well hath Esaias (Isaiah) prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.”
“And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.”
“But I say unto you, That Elias (Elijah) is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.”
“And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.”
“The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.”
“And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.”
“(As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)”
“As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.”
“And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”
“And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”
“For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:”
“This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.”
“Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.”
“And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:”
“Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.”
“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
“It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.”
“Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?”
“And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,”
“For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein : and his bishoprick let another take.”
“Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?”
“God hath FULFILLED the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.”
“And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,”
“Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.”
“For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
“For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.”
“God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.”
“As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”
“(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed , even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.”
“As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
“As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.”
“As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumbling stone and rock of offense: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.”
“And how shall they preach, except they be sent ? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!”
“(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear ;) unto this day.”
“And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:”
“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.”
“For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”
“For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.”
“And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.”
“But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.”
“For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”
“That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.”
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.”
“For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?”
“Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.”
“Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.”
“In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.”
“And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”
“We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;”
“As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.”
“(As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.”
“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.”
“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:”
“For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bond maid, the other by a free woman.”
“For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry , thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.”
“Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.”
“Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”
“I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.”
Here are all the verses which contain the phrase "SPOKEN of by the PROPHET" which show that this particular passage of Scripture is a FULFILLMENT of an Old Testament PROPHECY.
Please click on the link to read the entire passage of scripture, and then you can go back and read in the OLD Testament the actual PROPHECY that was FULFILLED by Jesus or Yeshua in the New Testament.
“Now all this was done , that it might be FULFILLED which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,”
“And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be FULFILLED which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.”
“Then was FULFILLED that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying,”
“For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias (Isaiah), saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.”
“That it might be FULFILLED which was spoken by Esaias (Isaiah)the prophet, saying,”
“That it might be FULFILLED which was spoken by Esaias (Isaiah)the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.”
“That it might be FULFILLED which was spoken by Esaias (Isaiah)the prophet, saying,”
“That it might be FULFILLED which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.”
“All this was done, that it might be FULFILLED which was spoken by the prophet, saying,”
“When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)”
“Then was FULFILLED that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;”
“And they CRUCIFIED him, and parted his garments, casting lots: THAT it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.”
“But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand ,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:”
“But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;”
“And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias (Isaiah) the prophet unto our fathers,”
As a further and deeper study you may want to use a good CROSS REFERENCE STUDY Bible. Ans as you look up these many verses of scripture you can write down all the cross references each verse refers you to and when you look those verse do not be surprised to find even MORE verses to research.
Enjoy searching the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible for is SPEAKS and TESTIFIES of JESUS the SON of Almighty God whom God has chosen from BEFORE the foundation of the world to be THAT MAN whom he would raise up FROM the seed of JACOB and NOT the seed of Esau to be the SAVIOR of mankind to ALL and WHOSOEVER BELIEVES on Him and OBEYS his words and teachings unto the END. So then, the prophecies and teachings of Muslims are the exact OPPOSITE of what the word of TRUTH the Holy Bible teaches.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
JEWS COMING TO JESUS AND WHY?
two isralies teaching from the old testament about Jesus in Hebrew