DOES GALATIANS 4:4
“IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME GOD
SENT FORTH HIS SON”
PROVE THAT JESUS PREEXISTED?
In order to try and prove the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus some Christ use the REASONING that is order for God to SEND is SON, then the SON must ALREADY EXIST in heaven with Almighty God the Father for all eternity without a beginning.
Let us begin this study in God's word by reading Galatians 4:4.
“But when the FULLNESS of the TIME was COME, God SENT FORTH his SON, made of a woman, made under the law,”
Now while this logic that the SON must ALREADY EXIST BEFORE the SON can be SENT FORTH is TRUE it does NOT DOGMATICALLY DEMAND without fail that the SON OF Almighty God preexisted for all eternity without a BEGINNING. In other words, this verse here in Galatians 4:4 clearly and plainly teaches us that this SON that was sent forth was MADE of a woman and MADE UNDER the law and NOT that the SON OF god was sent forth from heaven down to the earth TO BE MADE of a woman, made under the law.
But rather this verse means that Jesus was ALREADY born of a woman under the law and THEN in the FULLNESS of THE TIME when it was time for Jesus to be ANOINTED with the eternal Holy Spirit of Almighty God to preach the gospel, then Almighty God SENT FORTH his SON out into the world to do all his will.
In the fullness of the time when Jesus began to be about 30 years of age God SENT FORTH his SON Jesus out into the world to PREACH the gospel. And in John 17:16-22 Jesus says that in the same way that God SENT his SON INTO the world Jesus SENT his disciples INTO the world.
“They (speaking of the disciples of Jesus and all believers in Jesus) are NOT of the world, EVEN AS (or in the SAME WAY AS) I am NOT of the world. (Jesus being NOT of this world does NOT DOGMATICALLY DEMAND that it means that the SON OF God was BORN up IN HEAVEN in eternity past BEFORE the SON was SENT down ONTO the EARTH to be BORN of a woman under the law and THEN SENT OUT INTO the world to preach the gospel. But rather this phrase simple means that we follow and obey the voice from ABOVE and do not partake of the sinful things of this world. It means that we as Christians are BORN from ABOVE by the eternal Holy Spirit the DWELT IN Jesus the SON OF Almighty God.)
18. AS you have SENT me INTO the world, EVEN SO (or in the SAME WAY) have I ALSO SENT them INTO the world. (Can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, that this phrase “SENT INTO the world” does NOT DOGMATICALLY DEMAND that it means being SENT down from heaven ONTO the EARTH. But rather this phrase simply means being SENT OUT INTO the world. In the fullness of the time Jesus was sent out into the world to preach the gospel.)
21. That they ALL may be ONE; AS YOU, Father, are IN me, and I in you, that they ALSO may be ONE in us: that the world may believe that you have sent me. (Jesus being ONE with the Father does NOT DOGMATICALLY DEMAND that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God as some FALSELY teach. But rather being ONE with the Father simply means that they AGREE as ONE. Their WILLS have merged to be UNITED in AGREEMENT for the SAME purpose.)
22. And the glory which thou gave me I have given them; that they may be ONE, EVEN AS (or in the SAME WAY as) we are one:”
Also please consider the Almighty God was NOT always a Father and that Jesus was NOT always his SON, but rather the SON was BEGOTTEN OF Almighty God, and THEN Almighty God BECAME a Father on a certain DAY that he BEGOT his SON.
Please read Hebrews 1:1-14.
“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in TIME PAST unto the fathers by the prophets,(In other words, God did NOT speak at ANY time in the OLD Testament BY his SON. Therefore any CLAIMS that the Angel of the Lord was the preexisting Jesus is a FALSE claim according to this passage of scripture. Verse on here says that in times past God spoke by his PROPHETS and in verse 2 we are clearly and plainly told that God in these LAST DAYS has spoken to us BY his SON.)
2. Has in these last days spoken unto us BY his SON, whom he has appointed heir of all things, BY whom also he made the worlds; (Some Christians use this verse to try and prove that Jesus created all things. But the TRUTH of the matter is that Almighty God the Father is the creator of all things and the Almighty God created all things FOR his Son Jesus.
You see, the Greek word “DIA” (#1223) that is translated as BY also means through, FOR, BECAUSE OF, and FOR the SAKE OF. The root meaning is the CHANNEL of an act. The REASON for why the act was made. The means of, The GROUND or reason by which something is done or not done, By reason of, on account of, because of, for this reason.
Also the LITERAL translation of this verse in Hebrews 1:2 is as follows “on last one of the days these talks to us in Son whom he places tenant of all through whom also eons he MAKES” In other words, this verse is actually speaking about the ages to come that God makes through his Son Jesus making it possible, and NOT this present world being made through a preexisting SON of Almighty God in eternity past. You see the Father has GIVEN all authority and POWER to rule and reign over the WORLD TO COME for a 1000 years to MAKE all the decisions that need to be made. This is what this verse is speaking of rather that the beginning of all creation. We will cover Revelation 3:14 in the next section where Jesus says “I am the BEGINNING of CREATION”. Also please read the study “EPHESIANS 3:9-11- DID JESUS CREATE ALL THINGS?” for a SOUND BIBLICAL teaching on who the WHOLE word of God teaches is the creator of all things.)
3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the EXPRESS IMAGE of his PERSON (Jesus the SON OF God is the EXPRESS IMAGE of the person of God), and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; (now some Christians try and use this verse to try and prove that Jesus as the Word is upholding all things, but in truth the LITERAL Greek is again speaking of the world to come where Jesus is GIVEN all power to rule and reign for a 1000 years. Hers is the LITERAL translation, “Who being from radiance of the esteem and emblem of the understanding of him CARRYING ON besides the ALL to the declaration of the ability of him through himself cleansing making of the sins of us is seated in right hand of majesty in heights.”As you can see Jesus if GIVEN POWER to carry on to rule in his Father's kingdom at his Father's right hand. Also this verse teaches us that Jesus over came sin through the POWER of the Father.)
4. Being MADE so much BETTER than the ANGELS, as he has BY inheritance OBTAINED a more excellent name than they. (Hebrews 2:7-9 and Psalms 8:3-5 teaches us that the first estate of Jesus, the SON OF Almighty God was made a little LOWER or INFERIOR to the angels. And Philippians 2:4-11 teaches us that it was only AFTER Jesus as the Son of MAN became obedient to do all the will of HIS God and Father even to die on the cross for the sins of the whole world that the Father HIGHLY EXALTED his SON Jesus to INHERIT a more excellent name that is above all of God's creation. Basically Jesus is SECOND in rank and power only to his God and Father the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God.)
5. For unto which of the ANGELS said he (Almighty God the Father) at ANY TIME, You are my SON, THIS DAY have I BEGOTTEN you? (First of all this verse should prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that Jesus did NOT preexist as a ANGEL, which some like the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses FALSELY teach, because this verse clearly says that God never said at ANY TIME to one of the ANGELS to be his SON. Secondly the phrase “THIS DAY I have BEGOTTEN you” clearly teaches us that Jesus the SON OF Almighty God was BEGOTTEN or brought forth into existence on a CERTAIN DAY, which teaches us without a doubt that the SON did INDEED HAVE a BEGINNING. The every words “SON”and “BEGOTTEN” demand a BEGINNING for Jesus the only BEGOTTEN SON OF God. So then, the ONLY way that Jesus could have preexisted is as the WORD. We will go deeper into this further on in this study of God's word as to HOW Jesus may have preexisted as the Word.) And again, I WILL BE to him a Father, and he SHALL BE to me a SON?
6. And AGAIN, WHEN he brings in the FIRST BEGOTTEN into the world, he said, And let all the angels of God worship him. (this verse is speaking of the SECOND COMING of Jesus when Almighty God brings his SON Jesus, The FIRST begotten form the DEAD BACK into the world to rule and reign for a 1000 years. This is WHEN every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord TO the GLORY OF Almighty God the Father. And all the angels shall worship the SON OF God.)
8. But unto the SON he said, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. (Those who teach the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus use this verse to TRY and prove that Jesus IS GOD, in that, Jesus is the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God. No it is TRUE that Jesus has been HIGHLY EXALTED to be a God who is UNDER and SUBJECT to his God and Father, this verse does NOT prove that Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY God, who ALONE is the FATHER, because the VERY NEXT verse clearly and plainly teaches us that the Father is God OVER his SON Jesus.)
9. You (my SON) have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; THEREFORE (or for this VERY REASON) God (THE GOD, Almighty God the FATHER), EVEN YOUR God, (clearly without a doubt show us that Almighty God the FATHER is God EVEN OVER his SON Jesus, who HIS God and Father says to his SON Jesus EVEN YOUR God) has ANOINTED you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.
10. And, You, Lord (speaking of Almighty God the FATHER and NOT his SON Jesus. Please see the study “EPHESIANS 3 DID JESUS CREATE ALL THINGS?”, but for now know that the word “Lord” here can mean a lord as a common man, who is s land owner, or it can mean Lord and referring to Jesus who was MADE to be both Lord and Christ. Of in cam mean LORD as referring ONLY to YHWH, the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God the FATHER. Also know that verse 10 here is QUOTED from Psalm 102:25 verse is quoting Psalm which is definitely speaking of Lord as being Almighty God the FATHER. So if Lord referred to Almighty God the Father in the Old Testament in Psalm 102, then you can be sure without a doubt that the name Lord here in Hebrews 1:10 is STILL YET referring to Almighty God the Father as the CREATOR who), in the beginning has laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
13. But to which of the ANGELS said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool? (This ONE verse alone should prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that Jesus did NOT preexist as an ANGEL as some FALSELY teach, because God said to his SON, his only BEGOTTEN SON to sit on his right hand. It was the SON OF Almighty God whose first estate was MADE to be a little LOWER that the ANGELS. But then after Jesus the Son of MAN became obedient to do all the will of HIS GOD and Father, then Almighty God the Father HIGHLY EXALTED his only BEGOTTEN SON to inherit a place far ABOVE the ANGELS.)
So then, from Hebrews chapter on we can eliminate Jesus preexisting as a ANGEL like is taught by the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons, because to NONE of the ANGELS did God ever say, “You are my SON, this day have I begotten you.”
We can also eliminate Jesus preexisting as the SON OF God as well clearly seeing that Jesus was BEGOTTEN on a CERTAIN DAY. Therefore the only way that Jesus could have preexisted is as the Word.
So then, this leaves us with only TWO possibilities as to HOW Jesus preexisted as the Word.
Jesus preexisted as the Word, where the Word was an actual LITERAL divine Spirit being separate from Almighty God, which Almighty God chose to use to create all things.
Jesus preexisted as the Word, where the Word was God's very OWN Word that was WITHIN HIMSELF that God SPOKE FORTH to create ALL things.
Now personally I myself choose possibility #2 where the Word that was WITH God is referring to God's very own SPOKEN WORD that Almighty God brought forth all things including his SON Jesus by SPEAKING FORTH his thoughts and PLANS in the FORM of his WORD and the spoken WORD BECAME the expressed IMAGE of what God desired to BE.
The Bible says that Jesus CAME OUT FROM God, which agrees with the SPOKEN WORD possibility.
Jesus understood that the scriptures SPOKE of HIM so he perceived form the scriptures that his ORIGIN was FROM ABOVE and came through God's SPOKEN WORD. This is why Jesus said, “I CAME FROM HEAVEN.” Jesus knew fro the scriptures that the SOURCE of his ORIGIN came from heaven above.
Let us take a brief look at the LITERAL translation of John 1:1, which says,
“In beginning was the SAYING and the SAYING was TOWARD THE God and God was the SAYING”
Here is the link to the Greek to English Interlinear Bible that I use:
The word “TOWARD” as defined by the American Heritage Dictionary means; 1. in the direction of, 2. in a position facing, 3. somewhat before in time, approaching, 4. with regard to, in relation to, 5. in furtherance of partial fulfillment of. 6. BY WAY OF ACHEIVING; WITH A VEIW TO, 7. IN PROGRESS or IMMINENT, TRACTIBLE, Coming, favorable, future. Also the word “TOWARD” carries the meaning of forward motion, which again agrees with the interpretation of the Word being the SPOKEN WORD.
Now in some translations read “in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was “WITH” THE God, and God was the Word.” The English word translated as “WITH” in the King James Version is the Greek word “PROS”, Strong's #4313, that is translated as “the SAYING was “TOWARD” THE God” in the LITERAL translation. This Greek word has many meanings such as to, for, near, with the God, was toward the God, was BECAUSE OF the God, was or is BELONGING TO the God, is PERTAINING TO the God, was or is NIGH UNTO the God like Romans teaches us that the word is NIGH you and even in your MOUTH, and the SAYING was WITHIN THE God.
Now any one of the definitions could be used in this verse. I personally believe that the best definition is “the SAYING was WITHING THE God, and God was the SAYING.”
To me this AGREES perfectly with the OLD Testament where God says in Exodus 3:14 in the King James Version,
“I AM THAT I AM”
The LITERAL translation of this verse in Exodus 3:14 is as follows:
“I SHALL BECOME WHO I AM BECOMING”
To me this AGREES PERFECTLY with the DEFINITION of the Greek word "PROS" in John 1:1, which could be translated as follows:
“In beginning was the SAYING and the SAYING was TOWARD (or WITHIN) THE God and God was the SAYING.”
All of creation was brought into existence by or through the SPOKEN WORD of Almighty God so WHY try and force the Word in John 1:1 to now mean a LITERAL separate divine CO EQUAL and CO ETERNAL Spirit being along side Almighty God, who created all things for Almighty God?
All the verses in the New Testament that SEEM to be saying that Jesus created all things actually says that Almighty God created all things BY Jesus, which the writers MAY have INTENDED the reader to understand that Almighty God created all things BY his WORD, his SPOKEN WORD, God LOGOS, God's SAYING. The Greek word "logos" is found 207 times in the New Testament and 200 of those 207 time it is translated as word with a lower case "w".
But the trinitarian BIAS translators chose to translate this same exact Greek word "logos" as Word seven times in five verses to influence the reader that in these 7 occurrences the logos was NOT the SPOKEN word like in the 200 other times, but was a separate divine eternal Son of God who was WITH God AT his SIDE for all eternity past. However in TRUTH all 207 occurrences of the Greek word "logos" always means the SPOKE word of God which CAME FORTH OUT FROM God's MOUTH to be written down by the men of old and to be PROPHESIED into existence. Please read the study "EPHESIANS 3:9 DID JESUS CREATE ALL THINGS?".
You see the disciples of Jesus KNEW that the SOURCE of the miraculous VIRGIN birth of Jesus was FROM GOD, who SENT his SPOKEN WORD DOWN FROM HEAVEN ABOVE by the Angel Gabriel, who then SPOKE FORTH God's WORD to Mary. And then when Mary AGREED to God's SPOKEN WORD, then the WORD was MADE flesh in the womb of Mary to be BORN as the Son of MAN.
Is this not what the WHOLE word of God teaches us? To ME there is just NOT enough SOUND BIBLICAL evidence to support the INTERPRETATION that the Word was a SEPARATE SECOND PERSON or divine Spirit being that was WITH Almighty God for all eternity WITHOUT ever having a BEGINNING as some dogmatically DEMAND is the ONLY way to INTERPRET John 1:1. Please read the studies "JOHN 1:1 THE WORD WAS GOD!" and "WHAT DOES JOHN 1:14 TRULY MEAN?".
Thanks for reading and may God bless you richly as you continue to seek the truth of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. Below is a list of the studies I mentioned within this study along with all the other studies that I have related to this subject of HOW did Jesus PREEXIST. We all agree that Jesus preexisted is some form so the question is not IF Jesus preexisted, but rather in what form as to HOW Jesus preexisted in eternity past.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
VERSES USED TO TEACH THAT JESUS PREEXISTED!
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”
“And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.”
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
“He that comes from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaks of the earth: he that comes from heaven is above all.”
“Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven”
“ For the bread of God is he which comes down from heaven, and gives life unto the world.”
“For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
“And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?”
“ This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.”
“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
“This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live for ever.”
“What and if you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?”
“Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but you cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.”
“And he said unto them, You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world.”
“I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins.”
“Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”
“I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.”
“And now, O Father, glorify you me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was.”
“For I have given unto them the words which you gave me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from you, and they have believed that you did send me.”
JOHN 17:24 (scroll down to the second verse in question in this study)
“Father, I will that they also, whom you have given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which you have given me: for you loved me before the foundation of the world.”
ROMANS 8:3 (scroll down to the eleventh verse in question in this study)
“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:”
1 CORINTHIANS 10:4 (scroll down to the first verse in question in this study)
“And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.”
1 CORINTHIANS 15:47 (scroll down to VERSE #6.)
“The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.”
2 CORINTHIANS 8:9 (scroll down to VERSE #2.)
“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, that you through his poverty might be rich.”
“But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,”
“And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:”
EPHESIANS 4:8-10 (scroll down to the fifth verse in question in this study)
“Wherefore he said, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)”
COLOSSIANS 1:15-17 (scroll down to the third verse in question in this study)
“Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”
“Has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;”
“For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.”
“Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;”
HEBREWS 10:5 (scroll down to VERSE #1.)
“Wherefore when he comes into the world, he says, Sacrifice and offering you would not, but a body have you prepared me:”
“Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”
1 John 1:1,2
“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)”
“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;”
“But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, though you be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”
“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.”
PROVERBS 8:22 (scroll down to the second verse in question in this study)
“The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.”
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue seeking the truth of the whole word of God. Also please read the studies listed below related to Jesus being God, the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
Verses used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity, and that Jesus is Yahweh himself, as in one and the self same being.