DOES REVELATION 1:17
TEACH US THAT
Does Revelation 1:17 teach us that Jesus IS THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God? Does the fact that both Almighty God the Father and his Son Jesus say the SAME thing automatically make them to be ONE and the SAME BEING?
You see those who teach the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus argue that since Jesus HIMSELF says of HIMSELF that he HIMSELF IS the FIRST and the LAST, which is the SAME thing that Almighty God the FATHER says of HIMSELF in the Old Testament, then this proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF being FULLY ALMIGHTY God and FULLY FLESH at the SAME time. Those who teach the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus being THE ALMIGHTY God himself also use the verse where Almighty God says “I am Alpha and Omega” and his SON Jesus also says the same thing “I am Alpha and Omega”.
But is this the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God? Does the mere fact that Jesus and his God and Father say some of the SAME things prove without any shadow of a doubt that Jesus IS THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God? Now just plain common sense tell us that IF SO BE that Jesus simply saying the same words as as his God and Father were to make them to be ONE and the SELF SAME BEING, then that would mean the Jesus IS THE FATHER, which is a direct CONTRADICTION of not only the doctrine of the trinity but also a direct CONTRADICTION to the very word of Almighty God. The scriptures are very CLEAR to plainly teach us that Almighty God the Father is NOT his SON Jesus and that the SON OF almighty God the Father is NOT the FATHER himself.
Let us begin this study in God's word by listing all the passages of scripture where this phrase “I am the FIRST and the LAST” or similar wording is found in the Bible.
Isaiah 41:4 / Isaiah 44:6 / Isaiah 48:12 / Revelation 1:11 / Revelation 1:17 / Revelation 22:13. We will also take a look at Revelation 2:13 as well as the verses where Jesus says, I am Alpha and Omega. Please read the study “Revelation 1:8 - I am ALPHA and OMEGA” for a more in depth study on these verses.
But for now I would like to begin with Revelation chapter 1 where BOTH Almighty God the Father and HIS SON Jesus each say this same exact phrase in the same passage of scripture.
Please read revelation 1:5-19 where we see BOTH Almighty God the FATHER, which was, and is, and is to come AND his SON Jesus each saying these words, “I am the first and the last” in the SAME passage of scripture, which clearly teaches us that Almighty God the Father and his SON Jesus are TWO SEPARATE and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT persons or beings. So this passage of scripture CLEARLY teaches us very PLAINLY that Jesus is NOT the Lord God ALMIGHTY who ALONE is the Father that sits on the THRONE and that Almighty God the Father is NOT the LAMB OF God his SON Jesus. In other words, there is absolutely NO DOUBT that the Bible clearly and plainly teaches us that Jesus is NOT the FATHER and Almighty God the Father is NOT HIS SON Jesus. Please read slowly, Please read carefully. And most of all please read PRAYERFULLY seeking ONLY the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God the Father.
5. AND FROM Jesus Christ, (please notice that John is sending a blessing of grace FROM HIM speaking of Almighty God the FATHER, which is, and which was, and which is to come, AND FROM his self same Holy Spirit that is present everywhere so there are NOT seven different Spirits, but rather just ONE SPIRIT who IS Almighty God the father himself seeing that Almighty God IS a SPIRIT, AND FROM Jesus Christ who we know to be the SON OF almighty God the Father and the Son of MAN) who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6. And has made us kings and priests unto God and HIS Father; to him ( referring back to Almighty God the Father) be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. (the word Amen is a CLOSING word that mean I agree. So then, the subject under discussion in the next verse not only can be, but is speaking of someone different that Almighty God the Father. Which is, and which was, and which is to come, who sits upon HIS OWN THRONE that he SHARES with his SON Jesus. See Revelation 3:11-22.)
7. Behold, he (speaking of Jesus, but also keep in mind that Almighty God is coming WITH his Son Jesus at his second coming. Even though Jesus is now highly exalted to be a god beside his God and Father it is still Almighty God's SPIRIT that does the work.) comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindred of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. (again the AMEN indicating another change of speakers)
8. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending,(or I am Alpha and Omega the FIRST and the LAST, the beginning and the end.) says the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (CLEARLY the one who is speaking here identifies HIMSELF as BEING THE ALMIGHTY. Some Christians THINK and falsely conclude and inaccurately teach that the one speaking here in verse 8 is Jesus the SON OF Almighty God the Father, but in TRUTH the one speaking is ALMIGHTY God the FATHER himself who definitely is NOT his SON Jesus. Please notice the EVIDENCE that PROVES what I just said. You see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ, if we allow the scriptures to interpret THEMSELVES then their would not be all this controversy over correct doctrine. Clearly the EVIDENCE teaches us that the one who is speaking is also identified as being the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come. We will follow this phrase through the book of revelation in a moment and you will see that the Lord ALMIGHTY is the ONE who SITS upon the THRONE.)
9. I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
11. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: (this is clearly the voice of ALMIGHTY God the FATHER which will be made plain to you as you continue this study in God's word) and, What you see, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
13. AND in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of MAN (please notice that this FIRST voice which John HEARD as of a TRUMPET, which was behind him and could not see whose voice was as of a trumpet therefore John TURNED to SEE to whom this voice belonged, but after being TURNED John saw ANOTHER, who was the Son of MAN, who had a DIFFERENT voice as of the sound of many waters. Then John goes on to describe in figurative language the Son of MAN speaking of Jesus.) clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and HIS voice (referring to a SECOND voice that is DIFFERENT from the FIRST voice as of a TRUMPET, which is the voice of Almighty God the FATHER, but the voice of the Son of MAN, HIS voice was) as the sound of many waters.
18. I am he that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, (this is no doubt Jesus speaking saying the SAME words that his God and Father just said in verse 11, which are, “I am the first and the last”. But as you will soon see that this does NOT mean that Jesus is ONE and the SELF SAME BEING as Almighty God the Father. Also please notice that Almighty God HIMSELF is an ETERNAL SPIRIT that CANNOT DIE. In other words, Jesus CAME OUT FROM Almighty God when Yehweh spoke forth his WORD and his WORD then BECAME or was MADE a human being IN WHICH the Father DWELT IN to empower his SON Jesus to do the works that he sent him to do. And when Jesus became obedient unto death of the cross, then his God and Father Yehweh highly exalted his SON Jesus and GAVE his SON the same IMMORTALITY that the Father Yehweh has always possessed so that now his SON Jesus is alive evermore never to die again.)Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
So then, clearly BOTH Almighty God the FATHER, which is, which was, and which is to come, AND his SON Jesus the Son of MAN each say the same words, “I am the first and the last”. Now CLEARLY these TWO are NOT ONE and the SELF SAME BEING. There can ONLY be ONE God who is the ALMIGHTY and that ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God is the FATHER who is THE God OVER his SON Jesus who has been HIGHLY EXALTED BY HIS God and Father to be “A” god to rule and reign by his Father's right hand. Please read the study “IS JESUS ALMIGHTY GOD?” for a deeper understanding that YES Jesus IS GOD, but Jesus is NOT THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God who ALONE is the FATHER. The Father and his SON Jesus are TWO SEPARATE persons or being. They are NOT ONE and the SELF SAME BEING. The Bible clearly teaches us that we must believe in BOTH the SON Jesus AND in Almighty God the Father. And if we do NOT have the SON, then we do NOT have the Father.
Therefore simply saying these SAME words, “I am the first and the last” does NOT mean that Jesus himself IS ONE and the SELF SAME BEING as THE ALMIGHTY God YEHWEH, who ALONE is the FATHER.
Well then, since simply saying these SAME words does NOT make them to BE ONE and the SELF SAME BEING, then what do these words, “I am the first and the last” truly mean? We will get to this answer as you continue this study in God's word, but first I want us to follow the phrase, “which is, which was, and which is to come” all the way through the book of revelation to chapter 5 where we will CLEARLY and PLAINLY see TWO separate beings in heaven where Almighty God the Father is the one who SITS upon the THRONE and the LAMB OF Almighty God who was SLAIN from the foundation of the world who we all know to be Jesus the SON OF Almighty God the Father come OVER to the ONE who is SITTING on the THRONE. Please read Revelation 4:1-3 where John hears the FIRST voice as of a TRUMPET.
“After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the FIRST VOICE which I heard was as it were of a TRUMPET talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show you things which must be hereafter.
2. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a THRONE was set in heaven, and ONE sat on the throne.
3. And he that sat (speaking of ALMIGHTY God the Father who dwells in the light) was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.”
Please notice that this is a totally DIFFERENT description being given by John to the one who sits upon the throne and has a voice as of a trumpet than John gave us for the Son of MAN who John actually SAW when he TURNED to SEE the one who had the voice of the TRUMPET. No man have ever seen ALMIGHTY God nor can see the INVISIBLE eternal Spirit who dwells in the light. Now God may reveal himself in a VISION or manifest himself as a burning bush or simply send and angel to represent him or appear just as a VOICE, but this does not mean that man has truly seen the INVISIBLE Almighty God the Father. Let us continue in this same chapter with verses 8 through verse 11, which clearly teaches us that the Lord God Almighty is the one who sits upon the throne. Again please notice the phrase “which was, and is, and is to come”.
“And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Here we see that the ONE who sits upon the THRONE is the one who has the FIRST VOICE as of a TRUMPET who is clearly identified as being THE ALMIGHTY, which was, and is and is to come. Now let us continue reading right on into the next chapter where we will see the LAMB OF Almighty God who was SLAIN from the foundation of the world COMING OVER TO the Lord God ALMIGHTY, which was, and is, and is to come who is SITTING ON the THRONE to take a book OUT the hand of HIS GOD and FATHER who SITS upon the THRONE. So again we CLEARLY and PLAINLY see TWO “ELOHIM” or TWO “THEOS” in heaven being Almighty God the Father AND his SON Jesus the LAMB OF God that was slain for the sins of the world so that WHOSOEVER believes on him shall have everlasting life in the world to come.
You see the Hebrew word and “ELOHIM” and the Greek word “THEOS” are only TITLES like we have the TITLE of president. In other words, the word “God” is just a TITLE meaning one having authority and power. These words in the original language mean mighty one. The angels are called “ELOHIM” and even man is called “god”. The truth of the matter is that these words are NOT capitalized in the original language so when we read in Hebrew 1: 8 where Jesus IS GOD this is TRUE, but some Christians INCORRECTLY conclude that this dogmatically without fail means that Jesus is THE ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God, because the FAIL to KEEP this verse in the CONTEXT of where it is found to CORRECTLY understand by reading the very next verse that Almighty God the Father is God or a mightier one who is OVER his SON Jesus. The TRUTH of the matter is that there can only be ONE ALMIGHTY God who is over all over gods including his SON Jesus. Please read the study “OUR GOD IS ONE!” for a deeper understanding that Almighty God the Father alone if THE God of gods. But for now let us continue this study in God's word concerning the phrase “I am the first and the last.”
Please read revelation 5:1-10.
4. And I wept much, because no MAN (can you not see my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST the ANOINTED MAN that is was needed for Jesus to be a MAN in order to redeem mankind back to the Father of all, but John did not see any MAN that) was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5. And one of the elders said unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, (or do not weep any longer John for the Son of MAN Jesus) has prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
6. And I beheld, and, lo (or be you PERCEIVING that), in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a LAMB as it had been slain (which we all know and agree is Jesus the SON OF Almighty God the Father who is NOT the Father himself and therefore is NOT ALMIGHTY God himself who ALONE is the FATHER. It is YEHWEH who is the designer, planner, thinker, and SOURCE of all creation who raised up from among the people or mankind a savior who would be obedient to do all his Father's WILL. In other words, Almighty God provided for himself his own LAMB to redeem mankind back to himself. The Father kept SECRET his plain for his LAMB to be slain), having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
7. And he (speaking of Jesus the LAMB, the SON OF Almighty God the Father who sits on the throne) came and took the book OUT OF the right hand of him (the Lord God ALMIGHTY, which was, and is, and is to come) that sat upon the throne.
8. And when he (Jesus the LAMB, the SON OF Almighty God the Father) had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odors, which are the prayers of saints.
9. And they sung a new song, saying, You (Jesus) are worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for you (Jesus) were SLAIN, and have redeemed us to God (or you Jesus have redeemed us to Almighty God the Father) by your blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
So then, now that it has clearly been establish by the clear, plain and simple word of Almighty God that Jesus will ALWAYS continue to be Jesus, as a SEPARATE and completely DIFFERENT person or being from HIS God and Father the Lord God ALMIGHTY, then we can now proceed to learn what the TRUE meaning of the phrase, “I am the first and the last”and why BOTH Almighty God the Father and HIS SON Jesus spoke the same exact phrase, “I am the FIRST and the LAST”.
The word that translated as “FIRST” here in Revelation 1:11,17 means foremost in time, place, order, and importance, this Greek word “PROTOS” means chief, first, former, beginning, and best. And the word that is translated as “LAST” in this same passage of scripture means final, last, end, lowest, least, utmost. Well we know that Almighty God is the HIGHEST and is God OVER his SON Jesus. And we also know that Almighty God is the SOURCE of all and therefore Yehweh is the source of all other gods including his Son Jesus. There should be no argument or disagreement that the HUMAN Jesus did indeed have a BEGINNING. Please understand that we are NOT talking about the WORD, but rather we are talking about AFTER the Word was MADE or BECAME the HUMAN Jesus IN WHICH his God and Father DWELT.
Please read Colossians 2:8,9 which clearly teaches us that the GODHEAD who is the Father DWELT IN his SON Jesus to ANOINT his Son.
“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after CHRIST (or the ANOINTING or INDWELLING Spirit of Almighty God the Father).
In other words, IN the HUMAN BODY of Jesus DWELT Almighty God the FATHER HIMSELF, who is the ETERNAL SPIRIT HIMSELF for God IS a SPIRIT and there is only ONE SPIRIT. Please read the study “JESUS THE CHRIST” for a deeper understanding of the INDWELLING presence of Almighty God the Father that is called the Holy Spirit OF Almighty God.
But for now let us continue this study in God's word by reading Isaiah 41:1-4 where we learn that BOTH Almighty God AND his SON Jesus TOGETHER come to execute the wrath of judgment at the second coming of Jesus.
2. WHO raised up the RIGHTEOUS MAN from the east, (the righteous MAN is the ANOINTED ONE Jesus the SON OF Almighty God and this is a PROPHECY of the COMING Messiah who will execute the WRATH of Almighty God the Father WHO raised up Jesus and) called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? He gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow.
4. WHO has wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the FIRST (clearly speaking of YEHWEH the Almighty God who ALONE is the Father), and WITH the LAST (speaking of his Son Jesus the RIGHTEOUS MAN who Almighty God the Father raised up to execute his judgment and wrath); I am he (referring back to YHWH Almighty God).”
So then, here in this passage of scripture in Isaiah chapter 41 we see TWO, who are: Almighty God, I the Lord, Yehweh, the FIRST, WHO wrought and had done all these things CALLING them or SPEAKING them forth by his Word from the beginning or the FIRST and this Almighty God the Father is WITH his REDEEMER, his SON Jesus the LAST at the SECOND COMING of Jesus. Please keep in mind that this is a PROPHECY of the second coming of Jesus. Then Almighty God the Father says I am he WHO has raised up this RIGHTEOUS MAN to be my redeemer to redeem mankind back to myself, I am he the one who called all these things into being.
Now let us read Isaiah 44:6-8, which has been INCORRECTLY interpreted by some to mean that there is ONE and ONLY ONE God. So therefore since we know that Jesus IS GOD, then Jesus MUST BE that ONE and ONLY God.
However this is NOT what this verse truly means. Please read the study “OUR GOD IS ONE!” for a deeper explanation of this verse, but for now please consider the few comments of explanation below.
“Thus says the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and BESIDE ME (The English words “BESIDE ME” is translated from two Hebrew words “bal de” Strongs #1107, which means apart from ME, beside ME and WITHOUT ME + “min”or “minni” Strong's # 4480, which means marker of SOURCE or extension FROM a SOURCE, from out of, because of. In other words, APART FROM Yehweh being the SOURCE) there is no God. (that it to say there are indeed other gods, but there is NO other god that was not created by THE Almighty YEHWEH, the FIRST, the SOURCE of ALL including his SON Jesus, the LAST)
7. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? And the things that are coming, and shall come, let them show unto them.(Now this verse literally says: “ and who? Like me shall call out and he shall tell her and he shall arrange her for me from place to me people of eon and things arriving and which they shall come they shall tell to them.” In other words, Jesus the LAST who is LIKE the FIRST who called things to BE, in the same way he like me shall call out...FOR ME. Also the ancient people may very well be speaking of the angels who will fight and stand up with Micheal the archangel to fight for God's people at the SECOND COMING of Jesus who will again be coming WITH hid God and Father the ALMIGHTY YEHWEH.)
8. Fear you not, neither be afraid: have not I told you from that time, and have declared it (Jesus said shall I find FAITH on the earth WHEN I COME? This tells me that that both the physical and spiritual hearts of mankind will FAIL when the SEE the signs of the COMING of Jesus, but we as Christians are taught NOT to FEAR, but rather LOOK UP for our REDEMPTION draws near)? You are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.(NOW Almighty God is speaking about false gods that he himself is NOT the SOURCE. The following verses speak of MAN MADE gods that cannot do anything to save. In other words, Almighty God is compare his gods who he made to the MAN made false gods that have not authority or power to do anything. Yehweh is saying I ALONE make the REAL McCoy so to speak and THEY speaking of MANKIND make idols that can do nothing.)
9. They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.”
Let us continue with Isaiah 48:11-16 where one of the reasons that Almighty God is doing all the things the WAY he chose to do them is to CLEAR his NAME. Please read the study “UNDERSTANDING WHY?” for a deeper more detailed explanation of HOW God's name is being FALSELY ACCUSED. But for now please read Isaiah 48:11-16.
“For mine OWN SAKE, even for mine OWN SAKE, will I do it: for how should my NAME be polluted ? And I will not give my glory unto another. (speaking of his Son Jesus and NO OTHER will Almighty God give or share his glory. Jesus is the LAST or the END of this FALSE accusation against Almighty God the creator. Jesus is the IT IS DONE! Who Almighty God brought forth to clear his OWN NAME.)
12. Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the FIRST, I also (the word translated as “also” here means how much better, how much more, even more, of a surety, and WITH) am (the word “am”is not in the original Hebrew) the last. (One of the reason that Jesus came was to SHOW us the Father the INVISIBLE God. Jesus is the EXPRESS IMAGE of his God and Father the Almighty. So how much better it will be when we can SEE Jesus. Also the meaning of WITH the LAST or Almighty God the Father being WITH his SON Jesus agree with Isaiah 41:4)
13 Mine hand also has laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand has spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together. (here the Lord God Almighty's HAND can be INTERPRETED as his own self same SPIRIT, and his RIGHT HAND can be INTERPRETED as hos own spoken WORD. So then when Almighty God calls his WORD is brought forth and his Spirit moves or TOGETHER they stand up and perform whatever God SPEAKS forth to come into being. The right hand of God is representative of Yehweh's authority and sometimes speak of his SON Jesus, and the hand of the Lord sometimes expresses the presence of the Lord's SPIRIT being upon someone. OR the THEM is speaking of the creation of God in general, which fits better with the next verse.)
14. All you, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them (YHWH the UNDERSTOOD speaker or creator WHO) has declared these things? The LORD (YHWH) has loved HIM (his SON Jesus): he (Jesus) will do his pleasure on Babylon (or Jesus will execute the wrath of Almighty God on Babylon), and his arm (the Lord's or Yehweh's arm speaking of Jesus) shall be on the Chaldeans.
16. Come you near unto me, hear you this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, has sent me.(or Yehweh the Almighty has sent me his Son Jesus WITH his SPIRIT)”
Please see the study called “Does Isaiah 48:16 Teach Us that God is a TRINITY?” for all the scriptures and a deeper explanation of Jesus being sent WITH the SPIRIT of Almighty God at both his first and second comings. But for now let us finish taking a look at the verses that speak of the first and the last.
Here in Revelation 2:8 we again see these words being spoken by Jesus, the Son of MAN, who DIED for our sins and not for ours only but for the sins of the WHOLE world so that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES on him will not perish but have eternal life in the world to come.
Again Almighty God YHWH is NOT a MAN who is a MORTAL being subject to death. We also have to remember and keep in mind that Jesus came as a REPRESENTATIVE of his God and Father. Jesus came is the NAME of his Father. So like an ambassador Jesus was GIVEN all power to do what he was SENT to do. Jesus SPOKE what his God and Father told him to speak. In other words, when Jesus spoke the words, “I am the first and the last”he was speaking in BEHALF of his God and Father the Almighty. Please consider Revelation 22:6-17 where an angel of a messenger speaks FOR or in the BEHALF of Jesus and it SOUNDS or APPEAR as IF Jesus HIMSELF is doing the SPEAKING.
“And he (the angel or messenger) said unto me (John), These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel (or his messenger) to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7. Behold, I come quickly: (now this sounds or appears to be Jesus who is speaking and it may be, but it may very well be the angel or messenger who was SENT to show John and us the things that must shortly be done. Verse 8 tells us MORE.) blessed is he that keeps the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet OF the ANGEL which SHOWED me these things. (now it definitely appears to be an ANGEL or a messenger who spoke the words, “Behold, I come quickly”, which we know is referring the the second coming of Jesus. But wait there is MORE in verse 9, the next verse.)
9. Then said he (The ANGEL or messenger) unto me, See you do it not: for I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book (now to my knowledge the ANGELS are not our fellow BRETHREN the PROPHETS so this word that is translated and “ANGEL” would better be translated as MESSENGER, which can mean and angel or a HUMAN messenger. So now the question becomes is this HUMAN fellow brethren messenger Jesus speaking of himself saying, “Behold I come quickly” or it this another human messenger speaking in BEHALF of Jesus saying, “Behold I come quickly”? Now if we conclude that it is Jesus HIMSELF speaking, “Behold I come quickly”, then this same Jesus tell John NOT to worship him, but rather worship God, which teaches us again that Jesus is NOT the Lord God ALMIGHTY, because Jesus HIMSELF says): worship God.
11. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. (keep in mind that the SAME HE is still speaking and goes on to say,)
14. Blessed are they that do HIS commandments (Speaking of the commandments of Almighty God the Father), that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
16. I Jesus have sent mine angel (now is this actually Jesus speaking saying that he sent his angel that spoke the things we just read? Or is this the angel speaking saying that Jesus has sent him to speak these things? Or is the messenger still speaking in BEHALF of Jesus saying that Jesus will bear WITNESS of the truth that he is the offspring of David the prophesied one to come by sending his messenger to testify of him in the churches.) to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.”
No matter how one INTERPRETS this passage of scripture the end result is that Jesus is NOT THE ALMIGHTY God. For you see IF one INTERPRETS that this angel of messenger is actually Jesus, then Jesus HIMSELF say to John do NOT worship ME, but rather worship GOD for I am you fellow brethren the prophets. And IF one INTERPRETS the speaker to be ANOTHER messenger other than Jesus speaking is BEHALF of or FOR Jesus, then this sets a precedent, so to speak, where Jesus would NOT be speaking the words “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end the first and the last” as speaking OF HIMSELF, but rather Jesus would speaking these words “I am Alpha and Omega”, and “I am the first and the last” in BEHALF of his God and Father the ALMIGHTY.
Also we read in Revelation 21:1-7 about Almighty God the Father HIMSELF being the ALPHA and OMEGA, the BEGINNING and the END.
3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God HIMSELF (Speaking of Almighty God HIMSELF who is the Father) shall be with them, and be their God.
4. And God (Almighty God the Father) shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
7. He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.”
Clearly the word of TRUTH speaking of TWO being in heaven so we know without a doubt that Jesus is NOT ONE and the SELF SAME BEING as Almighty God the Father who sit on the throne. So the obvious answer to the meaning of Jesus and the Father speaking the SAME words is that Jesus came in the Father's NAME. Please read Mark 11:7-11 where Jesus rides the colt and his followers say blessed is he who comes IN THE NAME of the Lord.
Then we read in John 5:43 where Jesus himself says that he came in the NAME of his Father.
Then we read in John 10:24,25 where Jesus says that the works which he did in his FATHER'S NAME bore witness that he was THE CHRIST the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God the Father who was the PROPHESIED one which was to come to be the Messiah.
“Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long do you make us to doubt? If you be THE CHRIST, tell us plainly.
The truth of the matter is that Almighty God chose to save mankind by the LAST Adam, who was Jesus the Son of MAN, because Adam was a MAN. John 5:27 teaches us that Almighty God the father GAVE ALL POWER TO his SON Jesus, BECAUSE Jesus was the Son OF MAN. Not because Jesus was the Son of God,and NOT because Jesus CAME OUT FROM Almighty God. But rather BECAUSE Jesus is the Son of MAN.
Now you may think that I over emphasize the HUMAN Jesus, and that by doing so I am pulling Jesus DOWN to the level of MAN. But in truth I am just teaching you what the word of TRUTH is teaching us, which is that Almighty God chose that a MAN, a RIGHTEOUS MAN, and INNOCENT MAN who was slain without cause to be the WAY in which he himself redeemed mankind back to himself. Jesus did not come to do his OWN will, but rather conformed his OWN will to AGREE with his Father's WILL and this is WHY his God and Father HUGHLY EXALTED his Son Jesus to become a GOD to rule and reign at his right hand to settle ONCE and for ALL time that Almighty God did NOT create Lucifer to be and evil rebellious angel. Again please read the study “UNDERSTANDING WHY?” for a deeper understanding of Jesus being the LAST, the END, the IT IS DONE of Almighty God the Father.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. Below are some other verses that are used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus. There may be other verses which you may be having trouble seeing any other way than what you were dogmatically taught over and over for so long, but I assure you that each and every verse used by those who teach the doctrine of the trinity does indeed have a different meaning that does NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word. If there is a verse that I have not listed please do not hesitate to write and let me know. Some verse are included in others studies and they may not appear as an individual study.If there is a verse of verses that you seem to struggle with only being able to see the doctrine of the trinity when you read this verse, then please search out the truth be listening to the other side of the controversy. No one can arrive at the truth by hearing only ONE side of the controversy. I only present you with ALL the evidence that I myself have found and leave it to you to decide what you want to believe.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
Verses used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST.
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE