If you do NOT believe that I AM
Then you shall DIE in your SINS!
Does John 8:4 teach us that we MUST BELIEVE that Jesus HIMSELF is the great I AM THAT I AM the one true and only ALMIGHTY God in order to be SAVED? Does John 8:24 teach us that Jesus IS THE ALMIGHTY God? And does John 8:24 teach us that Almighty God is a "TRINITY"?
Let us begin this study in God's word by reading John 8:24. which says,
Now some translations of the Bible like the Common English Bible and the Complete Jerusalem Bible CAPITALIZE the words “I Am” or “I AM” to show that Jesus is saying that he himself IS the great I AM THAT I AM of the Old Testament.
Here is John 8:24 from the Common English Bible (CEB).
Here is John 8:24 from the Complete Jerusalem Bible (CJB).
Now let us read Exodus 3:14 from the Old Testament, which we know is YHWH or YEHWEH, or Jehovah speaking saying that HE is I AM THAT I AM so say that I AM has sent you.
Now when the translators CAPITALIZE the Greek words “EGO EIMI” , which has many meanings such as I exist, I was, I am, it is I, I am he, to only mean I AM, then the reading is left to ASSUME that Jesus is saying that he IS THE ALMIGHTY God Jehovah or YHWH or YEHWEH or Yohovah. So then the question is does John 8:24 where Jesus simply says,
“I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he,(EGO EIMI) you shall die in your sins.”
Mean that Jesus is saying that he himself is THE great I AM THAT I AM who is the ALMIGHTY God? Does this verse teach us that Almighty God is a “TRINITY”? And most importantly does John 8:24 teach us that we as Christians MUST WITHOUT FAIL believe that Jesus IS the great I AM THAT I AM the one true and only ALMIGHTY God in order to be SAVED? Because this is the way some teachers of the doctrine of the trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus dogmatically demand Christians to believe other wise they are not truly a Christian and they are not saved.
These two doctrines are taught so dogmatically that FEAR is put in the hearts of some Christians that if they do not believe these two doctrines then they are not truly saved nor can they be saved unless they truly believe these two doctrines; the doctrine of the trinity where one of the principle teachings of the man made doctrine of the trinity is that Jesus is CO EQUAL with Almighty God the Father meaning that Jesus is EQUAL with the Father is every way where neither is GREATER than nor LESS than the other, and the doctrine of the deity of Jesus where Jesus is taught to be FULLY THE ALMIGHTY God Jehovah and fully man at the same time.
This is WHY they try so hard to force verses like John 8:24 to DOGMATICALLY mean without fail that Jesus is saying without fail that he himself IS THE one true and only ALMIGHTY God Jehovah, for without at least some scriptural SUPPORT for their man made doctrine, then they must admit that it is a FALSE teaching.
And if these man made doctrines are false teachings then HOW could the Roman Catholic church and other main stream Protestant churches humble themselves to admit that the CORE doctrine of the Roman Catholic church that was carried over into many Protestant Churches is a FALSE teaching after threatening Christians that they would be ACCURSED by God or that Christians are NOT SAVED if they did NOT believe that Almighty God is a "TRINITY" and that Jesus IS THE Almighty God HIMSELF and also a MAN at the SAME time.
The TRUTH of the matter is that these man made doctrines have absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with whether or not a person is SAVED or not. There is not one single verse in the whole word of Almighty God where we are taught that we MUST believe that Almighty God is a "TRINITY" in order to be saved and receive eternal life in the world to come. And there is not one single verse where we are clearly and plainly taught that we must without fail believe that Jesus himself IS THE ALMIGHTY God Jehovah.
Now some of you may be want to argue and say, What about John 8:24. which says,
Now as I have said many times that ANY verse when it is taken OUT of CONTEXT and it is viewed ALONE and APART from the REST of God's word, then that verse may SEEM to be saying something that it is NOT TRULY saying. Particularly when you have been DOGMATICALLY taught over and over that this is what that verse means and that it is the ONLY thing that it can mean.
Those who teach the doctrine of the trinity INTERPRET this verse to DOGMATICALLY mean that Jesus is saying that we MUST believe that Jesus IS THE I AM THAT I AM, because Jesus himself said that IF you do NOT believe that I AM, then you shall DIE in you SINS. In other words, some INTERPRET this verse to dogmatically mean that you will NOT be SAVED unless you believe that Jesus IS THE I AM, the one true and only ALMIGHTY God, Jehovah or YHWH. Those who teach these doctrines of the trinity and the deity of Jesus argue that the pronoun "he" is NOT in the original Greek text, which is true in a SENSE.
Let me explain what I mean by this. It is true that the actual word "he" is NOT in the original Greek text, BUT the pronoun use is UNDERSTOOD by those who understand the Greek language. For example we read in Matthew 24:9-13 where Jesus is speaking to BELIEVERS and begins by actually saying the pronoun "YOU" meaning you believers, but then in the rest of his teaching the pronoun "YOU" is UNDERSTOOD by the reader who UNDERSTANDS the English language.
Here is Matthew 24:9-13.
12. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many (or YOU) shall wax cold. 13. But he (of YOU who BELIEVE in me) that shall endure unto the end, the same (or YOU who BELIEVE unto the end) shall be saved.”
Now the pronoun “YOU” is NOT actually in the ENGLISH text in any of these verse except for the first verse, BUT the pronoun “YOU” is CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD even though it is not ACTUALLY in the English text. So in the SAME way those who UNDERSTAND the Greek language ADD these pronouns and even other words to CLARIFY the actual meaning of the whole CONTEXT of what is being said. And even if the translators do not add these UNDERSTOOD pronouns they are still none the less UNDERSTOOD. By the way to my knowledge the Complete English Bible and the Complete Jerusalem Bible are the ONLY TWO translations the CAPITALIZE “EGO EIMI” as I AM and OMIT the understood pronoun “he”, which to ME is a very BIAS translation.
The first rule to CORRECTLY interpret what a verse is TRULY saying is to KEEP that verse in question IN the CONTEXT of where it is found. So then, let us now read John 8:24 being LEFT in the CONTEXT of where it is found in order to see what this verse is TRULY teaching us.
Please read John 8:12-59, the CONTEXT of verse 24, keeping in mind that Jesus and the Father are TWO different and SEPARATE individual persons or beings. Remember that the doctrine of the trinity states that Jesus is NOT the Father and the Father is NOT Jesus. But I also want you to see that only TWO are being spoken of rather than THREE. Now I realize that this is a long passage of scripture, but CONTEXT is vital if you desire the TRUTH.
14. Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but you cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
15. You judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
16. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am NOT ALONE, but I AND the Father that SENT me. (again TWO rather the THREE or a trinity)
17. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of TWO men is true. (Jesus plainly states that there are TWO that bear witness all the way through this entire passage of scripture, which teaches us that Jesus is NOT saying that he himself is THE ALMIGHTY God the great I AM, who alone is the FATHER. In other words, IF Jesus was truly saying that he himself IS the I AM, then Jesus would be saying that he is the FATHER himself and there would be only ONE bearing witness. But Jesus said that he was NOT ALONE and that the Father was WITH him bearing witness of his SON Jesus)
19. Then said they unto him, Where is your Father? Jesus answered, You neither know me, nor my Father: if you had known me, you should have known my Father also. (here again we see Jesus speaking of TWO separate persons, himself and his Father.)
23. And he said unto them, You are from beneath; I am FROM above: you are of this world; I am NOT of this world. (meaning that you have an earthly father but I Jesus has a heavenly Father and I do my Father's will and you do your father's will.)
24. I said THEREFORE unto you (In verse 21), that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe NOT that I am HE, you shall die in your sins. (this verse 24 is the verse in question that is used by those who teach the doctrine of the trinity to DOGMATICALLY teach that if you do NOT believe that Jesus is saying that he is the great I AM, then you shall die in your sins and you shall NOT be saved, UNLESS you recant and believe that Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY God himself. Again they argue that word “he” is NOT in the original Greek. But as we have just learned the UNDERSTOOD pronoun “he” is indeed in the text much like the pronoun “you” is often left out of a particular sentence but the context clearly reveals to us that the subject under discussion is the UNDERSTOOD YOU. So in the same way the “HE” here is clearly UNDERSTOOD. This is why the translators added the word “he”, because those who understand the original Greek text clearly UNDERSTAND that the pronoun “he” is clearly UNDERSTOOD. But WHO is Jesus saying that he IS? We must read the CONTEXT and then COMPARE scripture with scripture in order to learn WHO Jesus is TRULY saying that he IS. So then, let us continue reading the CONTEXT. And then we will compare scripture with scripture after we finish reading the context.)
25. Then said they unto him, WHO ARE YOU?(In other words, the Jews were saying, I am he WHO? WHAT do you MEAN. when you say I AM HE? WHO are you saying that you are when you say I AM HE. Also please notice that these Jews did NOT understand these words of Jesus to mean that Jesus was saying that he himself is the great I AM the ONE TRUE and ONLY ALMIGHTY God, because if Jesus were truly saying that he is the ALMIGHTY God, then these Jews would have stoned Jesus on the spot. The TRUTH of the matter is that these Jews understood these words of Jesus to mean exactly what Jesus was saying, which is simply "I am he". Again these Jews thought he WHO and asked Jesus WHO are YOU?) And Jesus said unto them, Even the SAME that I said unto you from the BEGINNING (There is you answer to WHO Jesus was TRULY saying that he IS. Jesus is saying I am the SAME that I told you in the BEGINNING. So then, we need to go back to the BEGINNING of the ministry of Jesus in order to learn WHO Jesus is TRULY saying that he IS. We find in the Gospel of Luke chapter 4 that Jesus said that he was the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God the Father that was SENT by the Father the preach the gospel of salvation. We will take a look at Luke chapter 4 in a moment, but first let us finish the CONTEXT to learn even MORE about WHO Jesus truly IS).
28. Then said Jesus unto them, When you have lifted up the Son of MAN, then shall you know that I am HE, and that I do NOTHING OF MYSELF; but as MY Father has taught me, I speak these things. (Now IF Jesus was truly saying in verse 24 that he HIMSELF is THE ALMIGHTY God, then there is NO WAY that Jesus would turn around a few verses later and say that he could do NOTHING OF HIMSELF. Think this through for YOURSELF my dear brothers and sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ. WHY would and ALMIGHTY God say that he could do NOTHING OF HIMSELF? The answer is quite obvious when you truly stop and THINK. Jesus was never saying that he himself is THE I AM THAT I AM, the ALMIGHTY God. But rather Jesus was saying that he was the SAME one that he said to the Jews that he was in the beginning of his ministry to the Jews. Again we will take a look at Luke chapter 4 shortly)
29. And he that SENT me is WITH me: the Father has NOT left me ALONE; for I do always those things that please him. (again we see TWO separate persons, the Father and the SON. CLEARLY Jesus was NOT saying that he was THE I AM THAT I AM in verse 24, because the CONTEXT clearly teaches us that Almighty God the FATHER was WITH Jesus the SON and that Jesus was NOT ALONE, because the great I AM THAT I AM was WITH his SON Jesus.)
34. Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin. (But he that CONTINUES in the words of Jesus shall KNOW the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall FREE them from the bondage of SIN and they will KNOW that sin has NO MORE DOMINION over them and that they cane live their lives FREE from any and all sin. Please read the study “HOW YOU CAN LIVE YOUR LIFE FREE FROM SIN!”)
38. I speak that which I have seen with my Father (speaking of what Jesus saw in a vision or a dream or in the written word of God as the Holy Spirit opened his eyes of understand and what Jesus heard the Holy Spirit WITHIN him saying to him): and you do that which you have seen with your father. (or what the devil tempts them to do)
39. They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said unto them, If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. (speaking of works of righteousness and obeying Almighty God as Abraham obeyed God)
40. But now you seek to kill me, a MAN (and NOT that I AM THAT I AM, but rather Jesus was saying that he was a MAN) that has told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. (In other words, Abraham did NOT have hate in his heart to want to KILL another MAN as these Jews had in their heart to want to KILL Jesus the Son of MAN that has told them the TRUTH. No IF Jesus was truly saying that he is THE ALMIGHTY God you can be assured that The Jews would have taken up stones right then and their and stoned Jesus to death. I mean it was bad enough that Jesus is saying that Almighty God is his FATHER. Remember back in John chapter 5 these Jews THOUGHT that Jesus was making himself EQUAL with God by simply saying that God was his FATHER and they were ready to KILL Jesus then. So IF Jesus was truly saying the he HIMSELF IS THE ALMIGHTY God there would be no doubt that the Jews would have killed Jesus as soon as he spoke those words, OR they would have walked away refusing to here another single word from Jesus, but yet the Jews did neither. Please keep reading to learn WHO Jesus is truly saying that he is.)
41. You do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. (Here the Jews themselves call Almighty God their FATHER, so perhaps it was the AUTHORITY is which Jesus proclaimed to be the SON of Almighty God that set the Jew off on a quest to KILL Jesus)
42. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for (or because) I proceeded FORTH and came FROM God;(the word 'PROCEEDED”here come from the Greek word “EK”, which means ORIGIN or the SOURCE from which Jesus came OUT FROM and was brought FORTH in to being) neither came I OF MYSELF, but HE SENT me. (So again we see that Jesus is NOT identifying himself as BEING the self same one who sent himself. Jesus is clearly teaching us that he was sent BY the great I AM THAT I AM, who is Almighty God.)
44. You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
48. Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that you are a Samaritan, and have a DEVIL? (here we see the Jews FALSELY ACCUSING Jesus of having a DEVIL, but Jesus DEFENDS himself in the following verses)
50. And I seek NOT mine OWN glory: there is one that seeks and judges.(Here we see that Jesus does not honor himself, but rather Jesus honors his Father. So again we see two separate persons. And we see that Jesus seek NOT his OWN glory, which teaches us that Jesus had his OWN WILL, but that he chose to conform his own will to do the will of his Father.)
54. Jesus answered, If I honor MYSELF, my honor is nothing: it is MY Father that honors me (again please notice again that Jesus is speaking of his Father as being a SEPARATE person from himself that HONORS his SON); of whom you say, that he is your God:
56. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see MY DAY: and he saw it, and was glad. (HOW did Abraham see the DAY of the Messiah, when the Messiah had NOT YET COME? Remember that the prophets desired to look into the salvation that we now have. See 1 Peter 1:9-12)
58. Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, (or Truly truly) I say unto you, BEFORE Abraham was, I am. (Again Jesus was NOT saying that he himself is the I AM THAT I AM, the ALMIGHTY God. But rather Jesus is saying that BEFORE Abraham was ever born I the MESSIAH, the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God the Father, WAS the LAMB that Almighty God had prepared in his mind and plan to one day bring forth into the earth to redeem mankind. And IF you do NOT believe that I am HE then you shall DIE in your SINS. This is what Jesus is truly saying in this ENTIRE CONTEXT)
59. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. (The Jews took up stones to KILL Jesus, BECAUSE Jesus was teaching the the TRUTH that he was the MESSIAH and that he was the SON of the living God)”
Now that you have noticed that Jesus was NOT ALONE, but rather that the Father was always WITH his SON Jesus it should become clear to you that Jesus was NOT saying that he is the great I AM, but rather Jesus was saying that BEFORE Abraham was ever born Almighty God thought to have a SON, and Jesus was saying, I am that Son of the living God. Jesus was also saying that he was THE CHRIST, the MESSIAH, the ANOINTED ONE that was PROPHESIED to come.
Remember in John 5:33-47 that Jesus said to the Jews that they search the scriptures to find eternal life, and then Jesus said the SCRIPTURES they The very WORD of Almighty God testifies of ME. Jesus was basically saying to the Jews at that time the same thing that he was telling them from the beginning of his ministry and all along that I an HE that was the PROPHESIED one that was to come. Almighty God himself has SENT ME to you to show you the Father.
Here is John 5:33-47, which AGAIN clearly shows us that Almighty God was WITH his SON Jesus performing his word with SIGNS and WONDERS bearing WITNESS that Almighty God was DWELLING IN his Son Jesus. No where in the word of TRUTH do we find that Jesus claimed to be THE Almighty God himself, but rather we do find all over the New Testament that Almighty God through his Holy Spirit DWELT IN his Son Jesus to DO the mighty works through the human hands of his Son.
36. But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father has given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father has sent me. (remember that Jesus also said that he could do NOTHING OF HIMSELF and that the works were done by the Father that DWELT IN him by the Holy Spirit OF Almighty God. Also remember that Almighty God the Father IS SPIRIT. In other words the Holy Spirit OF almighty God and Almighty God himself the great I AM THAT I AM are ONE and the SAME being. But Jesus is the SON OF Almighty God the great I AM THAT I AM and is a SEPARATE being or person from Almighty God the Father, who came OUT FROM God being brought forth into existence. So again we see only TWO and not THREE as the doctrine of the trinity teaches.)
39. Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and THEY are THEY which TESTIFY of ME. (This is HOW Abraham SAW the DAY of Jesus the COMING Messiah. Again see 1 Peter 1:9-12. Also keep in mind that the New Testament is NOT a LIVE broadcast, so to speak, but rather it was written after the fact and the writer sometimes INCLUDED things that happened after the resurrection of Jesus is some of these narratives even though at that time the resurrection had not actually taken place as yet. What I mean by this is that Abraham rose from the grave WITH Jesus and the other Old Testament saints and this was another way that Abraham SAW the DAY of Jesus. Please read the study “WHAT AND WHERE IS PARADISE?” for a deeper understanding of how Jesus PREACHED the gospel of SALVATION to the spirits of the Old Testament saints when Jesus first descended into the lower parts of the earth for three full days and three full nights.)
43. I am come in my Father's NAME, (remember that the NAME of Jesus means Yehweh SAVES or the SALVATION of Yehweh) and you receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive (just as a side note, I believe that this verse may very well be prophesying the coming of Muhammad, which the seed of Abraham in the lineage of Ishmael received. Please read the study “COULD ISLAM BE THE MARK OF THE BEAST!”).
We also read that the LAMB was slain BEFORE the foundation of the world, but in all actuality the LAMB or Jesus was slain ONLY in the MIND and PLAN of God. And what God THOUGHT to BE God then SPOKE forth in his word of PROPHECY that was yet to come. But in TRUTH Almighty God SHALL BECOME, what or who God IS BECOMING as soon as God SPEAKS forth his THOUGHTS or plan in the form of his WORD. I AM THAT I AM.
I know we have gotten a little off track so let us get back to the focus of this study, which is to learn the truth of whether or not Jesus was making himself EQUAL with Almighty God the Father.
Please read John 10:29,30 where Jesus say that the Father is GREATER than ALL right before Jesus says, I and my Father are ONE.
Now we know that Jesus was INCLUDING himself in the ALL here for two reasons. This first reasons that those that the Father gave his Son were in the hands of the Son to keep, but rather than say, and no man can take them out of MY hand, Jesus gave ALL the glory to his God and Father saying that his Father is GREATER than ALL so even though those whom my Father gave me are in my hands I place them back into my Father's hands, because that Father is GREATER than me.
If you do not believe that Jesus is including himself in the ALL in which the Father is GREATER, then please read John 14:28, which CLEARLY and PLAINLY spells it out for you. Also please read the study “JOHN 10:30 - I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE!” for a deeper understanding that Jesus was saying that he was one in AGREEMENT WITH his God and Father who ALONE is the ALMIGHTY.
“You have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is GREATER than I.”
So then, since Jesus HIMSELF clearly and plainly says that the Father is GREATER than himself, Then HOW is it that some Christians DOGMATICALLY teach that John 5:18 means without fail that Jesus is making himself EQUAL with God. I mean if this were TRUE, then to ME, Jesus would be LYING where he PLAINLY said the the Father is GREATER than I. There is simple NO WAY for two to be EQUAL with each other and ALSO at the same time for one to be GREATER than the other.
The TRUTH of the matter is that the JEWS are FALSELY ACCUSING Jesus of making himself equal with his God and Father the Almighty God. Even the very word “ALMIGHTY” prove that the Father is THE GOD who is OVER ALL or is GREATER than ALL the other gods.
Well some may still want to argue ans say what about Philippians 2:6 where Jesus thought it not ROBBERY to be EQUAL with God. The TRUTH of the matter is that some Christians do not understand the King James Version of the Bible. Jesus is actually saying that the THOUGHT of ROBBERY EQUALITY from God did NOT ever enter his mind. Please read the study “Philippians 2:6 – A TRINITARIAN DILEMMA!” for a deeper understand that Jesus stripped himself of all his divine power and nature to become a HUMAN BEING.
Now I know we got a little off track of the main focus of this study, which it to learn the TRUE meaning of John 8:24 where Jesus says “EGO EIMI” that simple means “I am HE”. So let us read the shorter context by reading John 8:24,25 only and then COMPARE scripture with scripture to see what Jesus TRULY means by the words, “I am”or “I am he”.
“24. I said THEREFORE unto you (In verse 21), that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe NOT that I am HE, you shall die in your sins. (Again this verse 24 is the verse in question that is used by those who teach the doctrine of the trinity to DOGMATICALLY teach that if you do NOT believe that Jesus is saying that he is the great I AM, then you shall die in your sins and you shall NOT be saved, UNLESS you recant and believe that Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY God himself. Again they argue that word “he” is NOT in the original Greek. But as we have just learned the UNDERSTOOD pronoun “he” is indeed in the text much like the pronoun “you” is often left out of a particular sentence but the context clearly reveals to us that the subject under discussion is the UNDERSTOOD YOU. So in the same way the “HE” here is clearly UNDERSTOOD. This is why the translators added the word “he”, because those who understand the original Greek text clearly UNDERSTAND that the pronoun “he” is clearly UNDERSTOOD. But WHO is Jesus saying that he IS? We must read the CONTEXT and then COMPARE scripture with scripture in order to learn WHO Jesus is TRULY saying that he IS. So then, let us continue reading the immediate CONTEXT. And then we will compare scripture with scripture after we finish reading the very NEXT verse.)
25. Then said they unto him, WHO ARE YOU?(In other words, the Jews were saying, I am he WHO? WHAT do you MEAN. when you say I AM HE? WHO are you saying that you are when you say I AM HE) And Jesus said unto them, Even the SAME that I said unto you from the BEGINNING (There is you answer to WHO Jesus was TRULY saying that he IS. Jesus is saying I am the SAME that I told you in the BEGINNING. So then, we need to go back to the BEGINNING of the ministry of Jesus in order to learn WHO Jesus is TRULY saying that he IS. We find in the Gospel of Luke chapter 4 that Jesus said that he was the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God the Father that was SENT by the Father the preach the gospel of salvation.).
We will now take a close look at Luke 4:1-41, which is again a long passage of scripture, but if you are TRULY seeking the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God then it is needful to read WHO Jesus said that he was from the very BEGINNING of his ministry.
2. Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. (just a side thought to ponder. I cannot image going forty days without any food and NOT being hungry until AFTER those forty days. The hunger does seem to lesson after three days of fasting, but I myself have felt hunger during the entire fast although I have never fasted forty days before.)
3. And the devil said unto him, If you be the SON OF God, command this stone that it be made bread. (Jesus was tempted to prove that he was the SON OF Almighty God the Father. In other words, Jesus had to BELIEVE the written word of Almighty God the SPOKE OF HIM to be the Christ the SON OF the living God.)
4. And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but BY every word of God. (basically to ME, Jesus was saying that I do not need to prove to myself that I am the SON OF Almighty God, because the word of God testifies of ME. The word of God is all I need to know that I am the CHRIST, the SON OF Almighty God that is PROPHESIED to come.)
8. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get you behind me, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve. (Here we clearly see that Jesus did NOT consider HIMSELF to be THE ALMIGHTY God, because Jesus is saying to Satan that we are to worship the Lord your God and HIM ONLY shall you serve.)
9. And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If you be the SON OF God, cast yourself down from hence: (Again Jesus is being tempted to prove to himself that he is the SON OF Almighty God.)
10. For it is written, He (Almighty God) shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you:
14. And Jesus returned in the POWER of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. (it was at the baptism of Jesus that SON OF Almighty God the Father was ANOINTED or FILLED WITH the Holy Spirit of Almighty God.)
18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he (Almighty God the Father) has ANOINTED ME to preach the gospel to the poor; he (Almighty God the Father) has sent ME to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
21. And he began to say unto them, This day is this SCRIPTURE FULFILLED fulfilled in your ears. (Jesus was reading from Isaiah which was a PROPHECY of Jesus being THE CHRIST or the ANOINTED ONE of Almighty God the chosen one to be the Messiah. We will read Isaiah shortly.)
22. And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son? (they clearly saw Jesus as a MAN, but yet wonder how he knew so much of God's word)
29. And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.(The Jews wanted to kill Jesus right from the very BEGINNING of his ministry)
32. And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power. (in other words, Almighty God confirmed his word that he Gave to his Son Jesus to preach with signs following which bore WITNESS that Almighty God was WITH his SON Jesus.)
34. Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with you, you Jesus of Nazareth? Are you come to destroy us (another gospel account says, “are you come to destroy us BEFORE our TIME”, which teaches us that the devils knew that it was NOT there TIME to be destroyed and they called Jesus on this and commanded Jesus that he had no right to destroy them yet)? I know you WHO you are; the Holy One of God. (the devils knew that Jesus was the ANOINTED ONE whom Almighty God had chosen to be the messiah the Holy One who would live without sin.)
36. And they were all amazed, and spoke among themselves, saying, What a word is this! For with authority and power he commands the unclean spirits, and they come out. (Remember that Jesus was GIVEN all power and authority BY his God and Father who alone is the ALMIGHTY God)
40. Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them. (Remember that Jesus said that he could do NOTHING in and OF HIMSELF and that it was his Father who DWELT IN Him that was the one who was actually doing these mighty works of healing)
41. And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, You are CHRIST (meaning the chosen one in whom DWELT the most high God by way of his Holy Spirit. The word “CHRIST”means the AONITED ONE of Almighty God who is the chosen one to be the MESSIAH who is) the SON OF God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak : for they knew that he was CHRIST.”
Even the devils knew that Jesus was NOT THE ALMIGHTY God HIMSELF, but rather that Jesus was the SON OF the one true and only ALMIGHTY God the Father who ANOINTED his SON with his very own self same Holy Spirit to empower his SON to do the works that his God and Father SENT him to do. Please read the study called “JESUS THE CHRIST!” for a deeper understanding of what it means to be ANOINTED of Almighty God the Father.
The entire New testament bears witness to this TRUTH that Jesus IS THE CHRIST the SON OF the living God, but nowhere do we find any clear plain teaching in the Bible that Jesus HIMSELF IS THE ALMIGHTY God Jehovah the great I AM THAT I AM of the Old Testament.
And the Old Testament as well clearly teaches us that the coming Messiah was NOT Almighty God himself, but rather the Messiah was a MAN who God raised up from among the people that he CHOSE and ANOINTED to do all his will that he SENT him to do and with NO OTHER would God share his glory other than his CHRIST, his ANOINTED ONE his only begotten SON Jesus. Please read Isaiah 42:1-9 and notice that Almighty God POSSESSES his servant, his elect or chosen one whom he ANOINTS or empowers to do all his will that he sent him to do.
5. Thus says God the LORD, HE that created the heavens, and stretched them out; HE that spread forth the earth, and that which comes out of it; HE that gives breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6. I the LORD have called YOU (my SON whom I have ANOINTED) in righteousness, and will hold YOUR hand, and will keep YOU, and give YOU for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;(This is a PROPHECY of the coming Messiah Jesus the SOH OF the living God who does all these things to bring them to pass)
8. I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I NOT give to ANOTHER (meaning that Almighty God the Father will not share his glory with any other one than his SON Jesus whom he has elected or CHOSEN to ANOINT or FILL with his very own self same Holy Spirit to empower his SON to do the works that he will send him to do on that day when Almighty God brings into existence his SON. Remember that this is a PROPHECY of the coming child Jesus who at this point in time had NOT YET been BEGOTTEN of Almighty God.), neither my praise to graven images.
In other words, these verses in Isaiah 43:1-9 that Jesus himself said were FULFILLED in HIMSELF at the very BEGINNING of his ministry, are saying that if we do not believe that Jesus is THE CHRIST, the SON OF the living God whom God himself has CHOSEN to share his glory, then they shall remain in their sins. We are taught in the word of God that if we do NOT have the SON then we do NOT have Almighty God the Father. We must believe in BOTH Almighty God the Father AND in Jesus the SON OF Almighty God.
In truth Almighty God is saying here in Isaiah 42:1-9 that the FORMER days where I Almighty God have always been God ALONE with no one to rule and reign by my right hand are coming to be a thing of the PAST for behold look and see that now I am declaring a NEW THING that I am going to have a SON with whom I am going to SHARE my glory to rule and reign by my side. I tell your these things BEFORE they come to pass. Please read the study “OUR GOD IS ONE!” where your will clearly see that there are many gods, but there is only ONE God who is THE God over all over gods and there is no god that did not come from Almighty God being the SOURCE.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God. Below are some other verses that are used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity and the deity of Jesus. There may be other verses which you may be having trouble seeing any other way that what you were dogmatically taught, but I assure you that each and every verse used by those who teach the doctrine of the trinity does indeed have a different meaning that does NOT CONTRADICT any other part of God's word.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE
Verses used to try and support the doctrine of the trinity.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue to seek the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of Almighty God.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus the CHRIST.
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE