DOES PAUL CONTRADICT JESUS?
EXAMINING THE EVIDENCE AGAINST PAUL!
Do the TEACHINGS of Paul contradict the teachings of Jesus?
Now those Christians, who teach Jesus Words Only and who call Paul a false teacher also make the claim that Paul is a FALSE Apostle, as in, Paul is not a TRUE Apostle with a capital “A”, because according to them Paul appointed or exalted HIMSELF to be an Apostle with a capital “A” when he is nothing more than a mere minister of the gospel.
They interpret the Bible as saying that there can be TWELVE and ONLY TWELVE apostles of Jesus and Matthias was ALREADY chosen to be the TWELFTH Apostle to replace Judas Iscariot. Therefore they dogmatically demand the Paul is a FALSE self appointed apostle and therefore a FALSE teacher.
I already cover all the arguments of Paul being a false apostle giving my readers and seekers of the truth, who are TRULY seeking the truth of the WHOLE word of God in the studies “ Is Paul a TRUE Apostle?” and Is Paul a FALSE Apostle?” so I will not try to cover all those verses again in this study of God's word to see if Paul's teaching contradict the teachings of Jesus by CLOSELY examining the evidence that has been brought against Paul dogmatically demanding that Paul is a FALSE TEACHER.
Now the author of this website named Jesus Words Only gives 25 arguments where he claims that the teachings of Paul CONTRADICT the teachings of Jesus and therefore Paul is a FALSE teacher, a FALSE apostle and NOT a TRUE apostle of Jesus Christ.
I first want to give you one of his arguments to show you how he twists the scripture, takes things out of context, and uses the INTERPRETATIONS of OTHERS that are NOT sound Biblical interpretations to make his argument SEEM like Paul's teachings contradict the teachings of Jesus, when in truth Paul's teaching agree with the teachings of Jesus.
I will put his argument in a different font style so you can read it all first without any of my comments, and then I will show you the errors of his interpretations. The underlined yellow highlighted emphasis is mine. Any other emphasis in the different font style is his.
14. In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.(1 Cor. 9:14 NIV.)
Her leaders judge for bribes,
Now let us see what Jesus actually said giving the whole context of Matthew 10:8.
Please read Matthew 10:5-15.
“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go NOT into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (But yet the apostles did go and preach the gospel to the GENTILES. So did they disobey or CONTRADICT the teachings of Jesus? Or did they OBEY the teachings of Jesus that Jesus taught to them through the Holy Spirit AFTER his ascension just like he said he would in John 16:12,13? “ I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.” You see dear child of God the four gospels are NOT ALL that Jesus taught his apostles and disciples. Jesus taught his apostles and disciples long after he ascended into heaven THROUGH the Holy Spirit, through vision and dreams, and the Holy Spirit is still teaching us today. Many Muslims are seeing Jesus appear to them in visions and in dreams and they are becoming Christians and witnesses for Jesus. Also if you accept the book of Revelation as be inspired by the Holy Spirit, which most Christians do, but a few do not, then it should be clear that Jesus revealed new things to the apostle John in the book Revelation that he had not taught to the other apostles, who were now dead and buried and are with Jesus in heaven under the altar of God awaiting the first resurrection to be clothed with a new immortal flesh and bone body like Jesus has now.)
7. And as you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. (BEFORE the cross they ONLY taught that the kingdom of heaven was AT HAND. They did not YET teach salvation by grace, because Jesus had NOT YET been crucified and raised from the dead.)
8. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely you have received, freely give. (Is THIS verse talking about MONEY? No it is NOT. It is talking about the twelve apostles receiving the authority from Jesus to cast out devils, heal the sick, raise the dead, and make the lepers skin whole. They did not earn this authority and thereby had the right to WITHHOLD there authority that was freely given to them to heal whoever they LIKED and NOT heal whoever they did NOT like. That is the meaning of this verse. In the verses below we clearly see Jesus teaching that a LABORER of the harvest is WORTHY of his HIRE. But take a moment and go back and read his quote from scripture and notice how the Jesus Words Only teacher did NOT include the following verses. That is what is called taking verses OUT of context to twist them to make them say what one NEEDS them to say to try and support one's own private interpretation of scripture.)
9. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, (In other words, take NO MONEY with you)
10. Nor scrip (or no beggar's bag) for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: FOR (or BECAUSE) the workman is worthy of his MEAT. (or the laborer of the harvest is WORTHY to be feed and nourished. Hey I do like preachers abusing this verse to fleece the flock either, but I do not call Paul a false teacher for teaching exactly what Jesus himself taught, just because SOME abuse theses verses of both Jesus and Paul. Those preachers, who fleece the flock will have to answer to God. And if you do not want to give to the work of the Lord, then do NOT give. I personally do not receive any tithes and offering, because God provides my needs in another way. And as I am not traveling around preaching the gospel I do not have need to be supported by my disciples, my readers and seekers of the truth of the whole word of God. But those who do have need are certainly worthy to have their expenses paid and given food and lodging. God will judge those who abuse the money they receive to build luxury mansion for themselves. The treasures of the wicked laid up for the just is prophecy speaking of the world to come. It is then that we will be the head and not the tail.)
11. And into whatsoever city or town you shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till you go thence. (Are there here any who be Jews? And when you find one who is a Jew and he invites you in, then abide there.)
12. And when you come into an house, salute it. (say peace to those who great you and show you hospitality.)
13. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it (speak peace in the name of Jesus over the household. There is great power in speaking PEACE in the NAME of Jesus): but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. (In other words, if they say get out and slam the door on your way out or if they slam the door in your face not even given you a chance to preach the gospel then move on.)
14. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.”
Here we clearly see Jesus teaching the SAME thing that Paul teaches about giving to the ministry, which is WORTHY to receive gifts of support for nourishment and needs of the ministry. But Paul himself takes extra care to NOT be a burden to the gospel, which proves to any one with eyes to see that Paul did NOT abuse his RIGHT to receive financial support for preaching the gospel.
Please read Acts 18:1-3.
“After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;
2. And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.
3. And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their OCCUPATION they were tent makers.”
Here we see that Paul looked around and found a place the he could stay, but also WORK with his HANDS to help them earn extra money so he would not be a burden to them while he stayed with them and preached the gospel working with them making tents and most likely sharing the gospel with them as well at the same time he was helping them sew tents.
Then we see basically the same thing in 1 Thessalonians 2:9 where Paul again is found working and sharing the gospel at the same time as to NOT be a burden to those whom gave him a room to abide in and food for nourishment, while he preached the gospel to them and others.
“For you remember, brethren, our labor and travail: for laboring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.”
The New International Version is a little clearer, than the King James Version.
1 Thessalonians 2:9 form the NIV.
“Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day IN ORDER NOT to be a BURDEN to ANYONE WHILE we preached the gospel of God to you.”
Now read 2 Thessalonians 3:8 from the Common English Bible, the NIV or most any Bible translation, because again the King James Bible is sometimes hard to understand.
2 Thessalonians 3:8 from the CEB.
“We didn't eat anyone's food without paying for it. Instead, we worked night and day with effort and hard work so that we would not impose on you.”
Paul spent two years preaching the gospel in Ephesus and here is what he says to them right before he leaves to take the gospel to others.
Luke records Paul's words in Acts 20:33-35.
“ I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.
34. Yea, you yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, AND to them that were with me.
35. I have showed you all things, how that so laboring YOU ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive.”
So this Jesus Words Only seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath keeping Christian tries to make Paul to LOOK as BAD as he can by taking verses OUT of CONTEXT and NOT giving his readers the WHOLE word of God.
Now while Paul worked hard with his own hands to pay his own way while he traveled and preached the gospel does not mean that Paul NEVER took a dime from any of those to whom he preached the gospel of Jesus Christ.
In this next passage of scripture we find Paul giving thanks for the financial support he received from them and continued to receive from them at the church in the city of Philippi. It appears to ME that Paul had spread himself too thin taking on too much to try and do all the work by himself to minister the gospel, so he was not able at that time to continue to support his OWN way by working a job on the side. Some preachers today do the same thing and get sick, because they do not give themselves any rest. Even Paul shares about one of his disciples almost dying because he cared so much for the flock that he neglected to care for himself. This may have been what happen to Paul and why he graciously accept HELP from those to whom he preached the Gospel and by the words of Jesus only he was WORTHY to accept.
“ I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
14. Notwithstanding you have well done, that you did communicate with my affliction. (my constriction, my persecution, my care for you. We are not told what Paul's need was, but they at Philippi new and they freely gave to help Paul)
15. Now you Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, NO church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but you only.
16. For even in Thessalonica you sent once and again unto my NECESSITY. (Not to make Paul rich, but to provide for his necessities. Those sandals do not last forever and Paul travel many miles during his missionary apostolic work of planting new churches. So if any preacher was worthy of his hire to ME Paul was certainly worthy and was NOT contradicting the teachings of Jesus.)
17. NOT because I desire a gift: BUT I desire fruit that may abound to YOUR account. (Paul did NOT want to rob THEM of the blessing from God. Jesus taught us to GIVE and it should be giving back to us by God laying upon the hearts of OTHER to give back to us even more than we gave out of a sincere heart to HELP others. This is Yahweh's principle of sowing and reaping. We reap what we SOW. Steal from others and others will steal form you. Do NOT steal form others and then you can BELIEVE God that NO ONE will ever again STEAL from YOU. USE your faith dear child of God. Do NOT allow Satan to walk all over you.)
18. But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odor of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. (then Paul blessed them or spoke in faith a blessing over them)
19. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
20. Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
So to ME, I do not see that Paul ever abused his right to receive help and support for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, which Jesus himself taught that the laborers of the harvest are WORTHY of their hire. Paul was teaching the SAME things that Jesus taught.
Please read Luke 6:37-39.
“Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned:(I suppose this Jesus Words Only seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath keeping Christian did NOT read these Words of Jesus Only else he would not be judging and condemning Paul to be a false teachers without cause nor sound Biblical support. I forgive him for he knows not what he does. And if I EVER miss something in God's word please forgive me.) forgive, and you shall be forgiven:
38. GIVE, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running OVER, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. (not the SAME people to whom you helped, but others whom the Lord will nudge to give to you. It may be a super bargain at some store that God places you at the right place at the right time to SAVE you money on something that you need and were going to buy anyway. Or your car may go for years without ever needing any repairs. There are thousands of way to BELIEVE God to bless you as you are faithful to GIVE when he nudges you to give. USE your FAITH dear child of God. BELIEVE for the harvest. A farmer does not sow seed and then never goes out to reap his harvest.)
39. And he spoke a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?”
You decide for yourself, but for ME I do NOT see that this Jesus Words ONLY teacher considers the WHOLE word of God in this area of CLAIMING that Paul is a FALSE teacher by CLAIMING that Paul's teachings CONTRADICT the teachings of Jesus.
As I said he gave 25 arguments of the reason of why HE thinks or rather has been deceived to sincerely believe that Paul is a false teacher. I will list the remaining 24 and only give a brief reason of why I myself see that his arguments are NOT SOUND BIBLICAL teaching. And then after you read through his 25 points and my brief reasons of why he is making a lie, we will cut straight to the CORE ISSUE and only cover one other claim in and IN DEPTH Berean search of the scriptures in this particular study in God words.
To ME 24 of these 25 arguments are so obviously in error that anyone with eyes to see should readily see that he is one who, as Jesus says, is the blind that is leading the blind. So I pray you do not follow his teachings and that you will pray for him that his eyes of understand will be opened.
Now if you do visit his website, then you will notice that I changed his order is which he himself covers these following 25 points. I did this to show how obvious they are in error, at least to ME. But some points are NOT so obvious and ONE point can be very deceiving if one FOCUSES on that one point without keeping in their mind the REST of God's word. So I felt led of the Holy Spirit to cover that ONE point IN DEPTH. But first please read through all 25 points with my BRIEF reason of why he does NOT teach SOUND BIBLICAL doctrine.
I placed his arguments in a different font style so you can readily distinguish his arguments from my reasons showing that he is not a sound Biblical teacher of God's word.
List of 25 Contradictions Expounded Below
#1. Paul Says Elders Are Entitled To Pay for 'Preaching & Teaching,' But Jesus Says No.
We have already covered this argument more in depth and have found that he has only used select hand picked verses to TRY and prove Paul contradicted the teachings of Jesus. His other arguments were quite long so that is the reason I chose one that was short to demonstrate his style of teaching.
He has many quotes from OTHERS, who have incorrectly interpreted the scriptures, which would then make it necessary for me to prove these others he quoted to be false teachers first, before I could show that he was a false teacher. And that would take a whole book worth of teaching to clear the smoke screen he has laid.
Basically he is NOT a Jesus Words ONLY teacher as he claims, because he quotes so many OPINIONS of others using THEIR incorrect interpretations to try and prove that his teachings prove that Paul is a false teacher. ASSUMING another persons teachings are Biblical does NOT make them Biblical and that is what he does as well in some of his other 24 points below.
#2. Paul Says Flesh will not inherit the Kingdom of God, but Jesus in Flesh ascended to heaven, and promises to resurrect our bodies to heaven, giving us the same physical resurrection that Jesus had.
Again he does not consider the context to understand Paul is talking about MORTAL flesh cannot enter the kingdom of God and our MORTAL flesh must put on IMMORTALITY first by receiving our new glorified immortal bodies of FLESH and bone like Jesus has now. See 1 Corinthians 15:39-54. And if you have any questions please write to me after you have read the studies “OUR LITERAL BODILY RESURRECTION!” and “WAS JESUS RESURRECTED AS A SPIRIT?” for all the verse, which prove that Paul's teachings agreed perfectly with the teachings of Jesus.
#3. Paul Says God Is The God of the Dead, But Jesus Says God Is Not The God of the Dead.
Do your own word search with a concordance and you will find no less than eight times where you will find the phrase “LIVING GOD” in Paul's writings and even more if you consider the book of Hebrews to be written by Paul. Here is one in Acts 14:15 where brother Luke records that Paul is doing the speaking.
“And saying, Sirs, why do you these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that you should turn from these vanities unto the LIVING GOD, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:”
My mistake. I was confusing this argument with another argument of his where he claims Paul said that God himself DIED on the cross so we can have a NEW God and be married to Jesus. Sorry about that.
Here is his argument for #3 of Jesus saying that God is NOT the God of the dead and Paul says that God IS the God of the dead.
#3. Paul Says God Is The God of the Dead, but Jesus Says God Is Not the God of the Dead
Paul speaks of the "Lord of the dead and the living." (Romans 14:9.) But Jesus says "God is not the God of the dead but the living." (Luke 20:38.)
Paul is saying the SAME thing the Jesus is saying!
BOTH Jesus and Paul are speaking of those who died under the OLD covenant being found FAITHFUL are NOW being raised in the resurrection are LIVING.
Jesus is saying that God is NOT the God of the WICKED, who have DIED physically. It is OVER for THEM. They have NO HOPE.
Paul teaches the SAME thing in Romans 14:8,9.
“For WHETHER we live, we live unto the Lord; and WHETHER we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord BOTH of the dead and living.”
Paul is simply teaching the RESURRECTION of those who have DIED and will yet DIE IN Jesus Christ shall LIE. In other word Yahweh is still God of those who are DEAD IN Jesus Christ and Jesus is Lord and Christ over BOTH those DEAD IN Christ and the YET LIVING IN Christ. Whether WE who are IN Jesus Christ LIVE or DIE we ARE the Lords.
#4. Paul Says God Does Not Live in Temples Made of Human Hands, But Jesus Says He Does.
Jesus spoke these words speaking of himself as being the TEMPLE of God not made with hands.
“But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.”
Jesus was the transition from the OLD covenant to the NEW covenant. God no longer dwells in temples made with hands. That was the whole point of Jesus dying on the cross. Also compare these Jesus Words ONLY with what Jesus himself said in John 2:14-22.
“And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15. And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
16. And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
17. And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of your house has eaten me up.
18. Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What SIGN show you unto us, seeing that you do these things?
19. Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy THIS TEMPLE, and in three days I will raise it up. (Jesus was saying that HE was greater than this man made Temple, which was only a shadow pointing to the Messiah, the Christ, the ANOINTED one of God. Jesus was the BEGINNING of God's NEW creation to become the FIRST born of every creature, the firstborn from the dead, the first born among MANY brethren that will follow.)
20. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and will you rear it up in three days?
21. But he spoke of the TEMPLE of his BODY.
22. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.”
During the ministry of Jesus he taught that the kingdom was AT HAND. In other words Jesus himself WAS the transition from the OLD covenant to the NEW covenant. Thus it was NEEDED that Jesus being born UNDER the OLD covenant to keep is as it was given to the children of Israel to keep. So then BEFORE the baptism of Jesus by John God ONLY dwelt in the ARK of the tabernacle that was kept in the Holy of Holies in the Temple made with human HANDS. And then DURING the ministry of Jesus, which began AFTER his baptism of John when he was ANOINTED by God the Father, then the Spirit of God dwelt in BOTH the Temple made with hands AND in the temple not made with hands, the body of FLESH of Jesus.
But AFTER the cross beginning AT the day of Pentecost, God NO LONGER dwells in any Temple made with human HANDS but only dwells in HIS NEW creatures that HE himself made Holy and pure THROUGH his Son Jesus becoming obedient unto death on the cross as the ONE and ONLY atonement for our sins. NO more OLD covenant. Please read all the studies I have on this subject beginning with “SABBATH KEEPERS ARE RIGHT!”.
#5. Jesus says Nations Of The World Are Under Satan, But Paul Says Their Rulers Are Agents of God.
Paul agrees with Jesus saying that Satan is the god of this world in 2 Corinthians 4:3,4.
“But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4. In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
I believe Satan has blinded this dear brother in the Lord, to the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He needs our prayers so that he may recover himself from this snare of the devil. See 2 Timothy 2:10-26.
#6. Jesus Teaches Rapture is Of Evil Ones First, But Paul Teaches The Opposite.
He uses the teaching of Jesus that the tares with be taken and burn first BEFORE the wheat is gathered into the barns. He as an incorrect understanding of what is actually being taught by both Jesus and Paul. This particular verse is speaking of the END of the 1000 year reign of Jesus when the wicked are judged and cast into the lake of fire BEFORE God creates the NEW heavens and the NEW earth to gather his righteous wheat into his barn.
Some if not most of his arguments are based on the personal interpretations of OTHERS as to what Paul's words mean to THEM and NOT what Paul INTENDED his words to mean.
#7. Paul Exhorts Celibacy, But Jesus Clearly Says It is A Choice Not Within Everyone's Power.
Here I can see that he is NOT giving the WHOLE teaching of Paul. When you keep Paul's teaching IN their CONTEXT Paul is simply saying that it is BEST to remain single, but it not necessary. Paul was giving an EXAMPLE that a married man tends to please his wife, so then for the SAKE of the gospel, Paul is saying that being single like himself more preaching could be accomplished. Paul is not exhorting celibacy. Paul is not dogmatically demanding that anyone SHOULD or must be celibate.
In Fact Paul teaches AGAINST those who are forbidding to marry in 1 Timothy 4:1-6.
“Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3. Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5. For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6. If you put the brethren in remembrance of these things, you shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, where unto you have attained.”
As always the Holy Spirit is right. In these last days some are forbidding that certain meats are NOT to be eaten, which they CLAIM that God has NOT cleansed. But anyone with eyes to see and hear to understand why God is teaching by the SHADOWS written in the Old Testament can clearly see that Almighty God HIMSELF told Peter THREE times to NOT call unclean what he had CLEANSED. See Acts 10 and the studies “ACTS 10 PETER'S VISOIN OF CLEANSED MEATS?” and “MUST CHRISTIANS KEEP THE DIETAY LAWS?” for all the verses that clearly teach us that all the ordinances in the OLD covenant were nailed to the cross and taken out of the way. Peter HIMSELF said WHY TEMPT you GOD to lay a YOKE on the disciples the WE nor of father before were able to BEAR? See Acts 15 and the above mentioned studies
#8. Jesus Says the Merciful Receive Mercy, But Paul Says Only Those God Chooses Arbitrarily Will Receive Mercy.
Again based only on the INTERPRETATION of Calvinist Christians as to what THEY claim Paul is saying and NOT on what Paul is actually teaching when his words are correctly interpreted in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God. Please see the study “EXAMINING CALVINISM IN THE LIGHT OF GOD'S WORD!”.
Just briefly Jesus says God show mercy on those who SHOW mercy to others and he ASSUMES Paul is contradicting Jesus based solely on his ASSUMPTION the Calvinism is sound Biblical teaching, which I clearly show that it is not in the IN DEPTH study I give a link to for you to search out the WHOLE matter for yourself.
Paul taught the SAME things Jesus taught without any contradictions. Please read Romans 11:30-32.
“For as you in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31. Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32. For God has concluded them all in unbelief, THAT he might have mercy upon ALL.”
And NOT just on the righteous who show mercy to other FIRST. That is what Paul is saying in Romans 9:15-23, which has been INCORRECTLY interpreted by some that God picks and chooses who he will show mercy to an no other because God supposedly chose only certain ones to be saved before the foundation of the world so therefore Jesus did NOT die for ALL according to SOME Christians. And this Jesus Words ONLY teacher user THEIR interpretation OF Paul's words to try and prove that Paul is contradicting the words of Jesus.
#9. Jesus Says A Call Is Revocable, But Paul Says It Is Irrevocable.
This actually in in the CONTEXT of his argument #8. He quotes Romans 11:29 and compares it to Jesus saying that many are called but few are chosen CLAIMING that Paul is CONTRADICTING these word of Jesus, when in TRUTH Paul is PERFECTLY AGREEING with the teachings of Jesus.
Let me explain what Romans 11:29 truly means by interpreting it correctly in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God. Please read Romans 11:29.
“For the gifts and calling of God are WITHOUT REPENTANCE.”
Now what did Paul SPECIFICALLY STATE was without repentance? Did Paul state the SALVATION is WITHOUT repentance? NO he did not. Paul is saying the EXACT same thing that Jesus is teaching in Matthew 20:16,
“So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.”
Just asked your self the very SIMPLE question: Did you REPENT BEFORE Jesus died on the cross for your sins? Did anyone of us REPENT BEFORE we HEARD the CALL of the GOSPEL? So all Jesus and Paul are both teaching is that the CALL of God to BELIEVE on his Son Jesus was HIS DOING and NOT our OWN doing. The CALL TO repentance had to be made FIRST without anyone repenting FIRST to MOVE God to make the CALL to repent. That is all Jesus AND Paul are teaching. Saying it in different words, but AGREEING PERFECTLY with each other.
#10. Jesus Says Salvation Initiates And Continues By Repentance From Sin and Obedience Besides Faith; Paul Says This is Heresy.
How many times does Paul say, “God forbid”. Again he ASSUMES what Paul means by his words based ON the interpretations of OTHERS, who are not understanding what Paul is actually teaching.
“God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?”
Or HOW shall we who are freed from sin continue to live in SIN?
“What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.”
Paul is NOT teaching that we are saved by grace ALONE. This HERESY comes from some Christians incorrectly, who are INTERPRETING words of Paul being taken OUT of their CONTEXT just like this dear brother in the Lord is doing to TRY and prove Paul to be a false teacher, because he NEEDS Paul to be a FALSE teacher as you will see as you continue to read the WHOLE matter.
The word “GRACE” and the word “ALONE” never appear in the SAME verse NOR the same CONTEXT. Do your own words search fro yourself and you will see that I teach you the truth of the WHOLE word of God. I myself use E Sword a computer software that you can download for free. Just type in E Sword t find their home website. Our us can use a printed concordance and read through hundreds of verses and their context, Bot ways prove that the Grace ALONE teachers are in ERROR. Please read the study “IS ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED BIBLICAL?” for an in depth study on this subject.
#11. Jesus Tells Apostles To Teach His Commands Given Prior to His Ascension While In The Flesh, But Paul Says Not To Do So.(Per Bultmann's Reading)
Here again he BASES his argument on the OPINIONS of OTHERS, which is PURE fiction! Bultmann bases his whole argument on one verse Matthew 28:20, and only on the FIRST HALF of that verse.
“Teaching them to observe ALL things whatsoever I have commanded (or instructed or taught) you: AND, lo, I am WITH you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Jesus never contradicts himself and he clearly teaches us that he CONTINUED to teach his apostles and disciples AFTER his ascension. Please read John 16:12-15.
“I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.”
So then, Jesus was WITH his apostles and disciples STILL YET TEACHING them till the day they died, the SAME way the Jesus is WITH US leading and guiding US into all TRUTH, which is THROUGH the Holy Spirit DWELLING IN US. The Holy Spirit did not dwell IN anyone BUT Jesus UNTIL the day of PENTECOST. The point is the church was still yet LEARNING AFTER Jesus ascended into heaven.
Clearly neither Bultmann nor this Jesus Words ONLY teacher considers the WHOLE word of God.
#12. Jesus Sends The Apostles to Baptize, But Paul Says Jesus Did Not Send Him to Baptize.
Paul baptized some and his disciples baptized for him. Like in Acts 6:1-5 when the disciples started to multiply the work load needed to be delegated to others. One man cannot do it all, as many pastors can testify. Paul NEVER refuse for any believer to be baptize so clearly Paul OBEY the teachings of Jesus. Paul was baptized in Acts 9:18 and was there when alt least some who he preach the gospel were baptized. See Acts 16:15,33; 18:8; 19:3-5; Romans 6:3 along WITH 1 Corinthians 1:13-16 to get the TRUE picture that Paul's teachings did NOT contradict the teachings of Jesus.
#13. Paul Says Salvation Does Not Depend Upon Exertion, But Jesus Says It Does.
Paul teaches enduring unto the end the same as Jesus. Romans 8:1,13 is but one of the many examples of Paul teaching a WORKS based salvation if so be we want to receive the END of our salvation.
“1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk NOT AFTER the flesh, but AFTER the Spirit.”
“13. For if you live after the flesh, you shall die: but IF you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live.”
Paul is teaching the exact same thing as Jesus, which is that if we do NOT walk after the Spirit to resist sin and give into sin to go back living in sin then we shall DIE and NOT receive eternal life in the world to come. Again he BASES what Paul is teaching by ASSUMING that the teachings of OTHER are correct, which clearly they are NOT correct. Grace ALONE is false teaching and once saved always saved is false teaching.
#14. Jesus Says Some Are Righteous, But Paul Says It Is Impossible.
First we must keep in mind that many in the Old Testament are called RIGHTEOUS. Jesus said he came to the sick and those who are well need no physician. Remember that Jesus is not teaching the Gospel of salvation, because he has not yet suffered and died on the cross. God had NOT YET CONCLUDED ALL under sin UNTIL Jesus said IT IS FINISHED and gave up the ghost to die for our sins and NOT our sin ONLY, but ALSO for the sins of teh WHOLE world.
Paul is merely QUOTING scripture from the Old Testament to make a point that EVERY person falls short of the glory of God and NEEDS a savior. If you thing this contradicts the words of Yahweh and his Son Jesus, then you need some serious help. If you think that SOME peole do NOT need Jesus and will receive etrnal life on their OWN merits of doing good works in their OWN strength wherein the have room to BOAST, which is sin.
When asked by his disciples WHO can be saved. Jesus said with MEN it is IMPOSSIBLE, but with God all things are possible. So without God's savior the only name under heaven whereby men MUST be saved, then you are dead in your sins and shall perish.
And by the way Peter being filled with the Holy Spirit spoke these words, and NOT Paul.
“Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, You rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
9. If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him does this man stand here before you whole.
11. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
Paul Denies Obedience Grants Any Righteousness Unto Life, But
This dear brther in the Lord fails to understand the scriptures. Paul teaches us that no man is JUSTIFIED by the LAW. Paul is not speaking about recieving eternal life in the world to come. Paul also teaches that there is a walk of FAITH after being having FAITH to justified FIRST. And that walk for FAITH to FAITH is our being conformed BY God's workmanship into the image of Jesus.
Paul teaches that we are created UNTO good WORKS and have become God's workmanship lest there be BOASTING. So then this brother does err by basing his arguments only on the INTERPRETATIONS of what OTHER THINK Pauls words teach rather than on what Paul is actually teaching when we interpret Paul's words in the LIGHT of teh WHOLE word of God.
#16. Paul Teaches In Original Sin But Jesus Contradicts.
Again interpretation of others. Please read the study “THE DOCTRINE OF ORIGINAL SIN IS A FALSE TEACHING!”.
Paul Teaches We Are Eternally Secure, But Jesus Teaches Insecurity
Again interpretation of others. Please read the study “IS ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED BIBLICAL?”, and “EXAMINING CALVINISM IN THE LIGHT OF GOD'S WORD!”.
Jesus Says There Is One Pastor and Teacher (Himself), But Paul
Now we KNOW that the words of Jesus will NOT contradictic the words of Yahweh which the Father GAVE to teach us and Yahweh HIMSELF prophesies of MANY sheperds in the Old Testament. Some of these prophecies were speaking of the Scribes and Pharissees like Isaiah 31:4, 56:11, and Jeremiah 50:6 along with other prohecies in Ezekiel. But Jeremiah 6:3; 23:1-4; 25:34-36 to me clearly teach of Christian Pastors or shepherds over the ONE flock of Jesus our CHIEF shepherd.
And Jesus saying call no man TEACHER does not mean not to call any man by the TITLE of teacher, but rather means do not EXALT ANY MAN above Jesus and Yahweh our ONE teacher. The scribes and Pharissees loved the praises of men and loved to be LOOKED UP to as being superior over the common people, which thing Jesus HATES.
#19. Paul Says The
Pharisees Followed The Law Rigorously, But Jesus
This is true as far as what tradition handed down through the years from Pharisee to Pharisee generation after generation. In other words, the Pharisees taught TRADITION MIXED with the law, but called it the LAW without searching the truth for themselves.
So what Paul was saying was accurate as far as he KNEW. If Paul was told he was following TRADITIONS of men he would have denied if like Christians deny that they are following traditions of men. Paul was only saying what he was TAUGHT. Paul was a hypocrite Pharisee just like all the other Pharisees who DENIED that they were hypocrites.
Now it may be that Paul was one of the few who did indeed to his very best to keep all the law, but again he kept the law as TAUGHT TO him BY the Pharisees and how THEY interpreted the law of Moses. So Paul was not lying or contradicting the teachings of Jesus. It does not matter WHO were WERE in the PAST before we were saved. What matters is that Paul NO LONGER put any confidence in the FLESH.
“For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the SPIRIT, and REJOICE IN Christ Jesus, and have NO confidence in the flesh.”
#20. Paul Excludes
Eating With Sinners But Christ's Example We Are To
We must interpret scripture IN their CONTEXT. Paul is NOT teaching us here to not EAT with those who are not Christians, who are living in sin. But rather Paul is saying that they had a brother in the Lord AMONG their congregation that was committing fornication with his father's wife, or his OWN mother, and they did NOTHING to correct this Christian who was living in SIN, but not just any sin, but a sin so vial that it was not even named among the Gentiles.
Paul wrote to them before to not company WITH fornicators, but now after hearing this vial sin among them he is writing to not KEEP company with fornicators or any one who is called a BROTHER who is sinning by worshiping IDOLS being covetous, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
Paul is teaching common sense dear child of God, for if we EXCUSE a brother or sister who is LIVING in SIN, as if, to them it is NOT sin, then WE are part responisble when they are cast into the lake of fire, whne WE should be bold in the Lord and HELP then recover themselves from the snare of the devil. Paul is simple saying TO those in Cornith that I do not even want yout EAT with a brother living in sin as if he is not sinning. And Paul is NOT talking about every day ordinary meals like SOME SHUN the brethren, but rather Paul is talking about eating the Lord supper.
In the early church they gathered together to eat a whole meal and then took communion. So Paul's is talking about NOT eating the Lord's supper and taking communion with those living in sin, because you are teaching them that there is nothing wrong with them living in sin. He also talks about a LITTLE leaven leavens the WHOLE lump.
Paul is NOT contradicting the words and example of Jesus to hang out with sinners in the world, but rather he is teaching us to stand FIRM in our faith teaching our fellow brothers and sister IN the Lord that it is WRONG to live in sin. How can we reach the lost if we alienate them?
Now when I hear parents who are ANGRY with one of their children WITHOUT any REAL cause calling them WORTHLESS good for nothing STUPID idiots, I CRINGE with the Holy Spirit bearing witness in me how wrong this is. This may be what Jesus intended his words to mean seeing that the CONTEXT speaks of being ANGRY without a CAUSE.
#21. Jesus Teaches
There Are Only 12 Apostles Into Eternity, But Paul
I cover this argument in depth in the studies “IS PAUL A TRUE APOSTLE?” and IS PAUL A FASLE APOSTLE?”.
But just breifly WHO CHOSE Paul and WHO CHOSE Matthias? Jesus CHOSE the TWELVE and Jesus CHOS Paul. But the eleven apostles CHOSE Matthias by drawing LOTS telling God what to do.
#22. Jesus' Command About Calling Anyone Fool Is Violated by Paul.
The translators translted TWO Greek words as FOOL, which both have other words other than the word “FOOL”, which could have been used. Briefly Paul used one of those Greek words FIVE times, which was NOT the SAME Greek word that Jesus used that was translated as “FOOL” in Matthew 5:22 saying that whoever says You FOOL is in danger of hell fire.
The ONE time Paul DID use the SAME Greek word as Jesus is found in 1 Corinthians 3:18. Let us read the context to see what Paul is truly saying
Please read 1 Corinthians 3:17-19.
“Know you NOT that YOU are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? (So Paul is definitely speaking TO true born again believers)
17. If any man DEFILE the temple of God, HIM shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple YOU are. (Paul had just finished talking about our WORK of bringing others to Jesus and IF they REMAIN faithful unto the end we shall receive a reward for bring them into the kingdom. BUT if they do NOT endure unto the END then THEY shall be destroyed by God, but the one who brought them to Jesus will be saved IF they endure unto the end, but they will not receive a reward for bringing those people to Christ, who DEFILE their self and who God shall destroy in the lake of fire.)
18. Let no man DECEIVE HIMSELF. If any man among you SEEMS to be wise IN this world (for example the WORLD says that gays are BORN gay. So if a CHRISTIAN SEEMS to take the WISDOM of the WORLD to EXCUSE their SIN), let HIM become a FOOL (or let HIM call himself a FOOL. Or let HIM SEE his OWN STUPIDITY thinking he is WISE by using the WISDOM of the WORLD), THAT he may be WISE. (with the wisdom of GOD)
19. For the wisdom of THIS WORLD is FOOLISHNESS with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness.”
So Paul is not calling anyone a FOOL, but is WARNING those Christians who make themselves WISE WITH the wisdom of the WORLD. Hey everybody get DRUNK so what is the big deal. Lighten up! Paul is just saying let HIM rethink his wisdom of the world so he will be wise and quite calling evil good.
Then when we consider the context of Matthew 5:22 we see Jesus also saying that whosoever is ANGRY with a BROTHER WITHOUT CAUSE, and the say RACA or you WORTHLESS empty one. So to me calling a brother living in SIN a fool or stupid or ignorant may not be the POLITE way to bring him or her to their senses, but it is certainly not being done in anger or without CAUSE. Paul only had his brother's SOUL in mind when saying let HIM become a FOOL so he will see the error of his way.
Also it is very possible that Paul never heard or was taught never to call anyone a fool. And if the Holy Spirit convicted Paul of sinning by saying let him become a fool so he can be wise, then I am quite sure Paul REPENTED of that sin IF SO BE that Paul did sin simply using the word FOOL. I mean look many many times I have used the word FOOL and Jesus himself used the word FOOL. You be the judge, but I myself do NOT see Paul CONTRADICTING the teachings of Jesus.
#23. Paul Says He Could Be Justified of The Sin that Never Could be Justified under the Law given Moses (Blasphemy), but Jesus says to the contrary that it is The Unpardonable Sin.
Jesus Words ONLY:
“ Search the scriptures (the OLD Testament); for IN THEM you THINK you have eternal life: and THEY (the LAW and the PROPHETS) are they which testify OF ME.”
Paul taught the SAME thing as Jesus taught and that was that NO ONE is JUSTIFED by the LAW of Moses written in the SCRIPTURES. Jesus WAS the TRANSITION from the OLD covenant to the NEW covenant. Yes Jesus spoke the TRUTH when he answered the young mans question, WHAT MUST I DO to receive ETERNAL LIFE. Jesus said to him, you know the commandments. And he ask WHICH or WHICH commandment MUST I KEEP in order to receive ETERNAL LIFE? And then Jesus taught us EXACTLY WHAT COMMANDMENTS that we MUST KEEP. In order to receive ETERNAL LIFE in the world to come.
“He said unto him, WHICH? Jesus said, #1. You shall do no murder, #2. You shall not commit adultery, #3. You shall not steal, #4. You shall not bear false witness,
19. #5. Honor your father and your mother: and, #6. You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Words of Jesus ONLY;
“And THIS IS life eternal, THAT they might know you the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”
“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: (this is a type or SHADOW pointing to the TRUE. The SCRIPTURES POINT to JESUS in EVERY prophecy. If you want eternal life then BELIEVE ON Jesus and BELIEVE IN what HE teaches in the ENTIRE NEW Testament under the NEW COVENANT.)
15. That whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. (NOT the moment you believe but in the world to come. You have the PROMISE of eternal life as a SURE promise, but first you must be found faithful unto the end.)
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18. He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
Faith without WORKS is dead. One may SAY that the love God, but if they love NOT their brother, then the TRUTH is NOT in them.
Now in ALL that Jesus TAUGHT he never ONCE said that WE must KEEP the seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath AS the JEWS in order to be saved or receive eternal life in the world to come. So seventh day of the week Sabbath keeping Christians are MAKING a LIE. See Revelation 22:1415.
“Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (the commandments of Jesus ARE the NEW commandments of Yahweh the he himself GAVE to Jesus to give to US.)
15. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whore mongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever love and makes a lie.”
Not TELLS a lie but MAKES a LIE. The literal reads DOING a FALSEHOOD. If your WORK is a FALSEHOOD, then you will not be allowed to enter the city of God. The JEWS are doing the WORKS of a FALSEHOOD, THINKING they are going to receive eternal life BY their WORKS of the LAW.
#24. Jesus Says The Law Continues, But Paul Says No.
Please read the study “DID JESUS ABOLISH THE LAW?”
Just briefly only the SIX commandments or the MORAL law remain. Also read the study “ONLY NINE OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?”. Stay IN the New Testament and obey the leading of the Holy Spirit. If you are a true born again Christians having the Holy Spirit bearing WITNESS that you are saved and the Holy Spirit HIMSELF does not convict you of sin, then you are not sinning
Jesus Says Not To Eat Meat Sacrificed to Idols, But Paul Says It
Now let us cut straight to the CORE ISSUE of WHY some Christians NEED Paul to be a FALSE teacher. And that core issue is the eating of MEAT that was called UNCLEAN in the OLD Testament under the OLD covenant, which Jesus Words, ONLY seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath keeping Christians dogmatically demand that God did NOT CLEANSE so therefore all Christians MUST keep ALL the dietary laws written in the Old Testament under the OLD covenant.
Their main piece of evidence is that Jesus and the Old Testament forbids the eating of meat sacrificed to IDOLS and Paul teaches that it is alright to eat meat sacrificed to IDOLS. And they quote Paul in 1 Corinthians 8:8.
“But MEAT commends us NOT to God: for NEITHER, if we eat, are we the better; NEITHER, if we eat NOT, are we the worse.”
Now ALL seventh day of the week Sabbath keeping Christians AND Non Saturday keeping Christians already know that the Old Testament has many scriptures that prove beyond any shadow of a doubt the certain MEATS were forbidden by Yahweh, Almighty God HIMSELF, for the children of Israel to eat whether those meats of any other meats were sacrifices to IDOL or NOT.
So then, what was taught in the Old Testament under the OLD covenant is NOT the issue at hand.
The issue at hand is what does Jesus AND his apostles INCLUDING Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, teach us under the NEW COVENANT established in the shed blood of Jesus. In other words, what does the NEW Testament teach us seeing that the WORDS of the NEW testament are the words of the NEW covenant.
Most all NON seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath keeping Christians know beyond any shadow of a doubt that Paul's teachings prove that the teachings of Saturday Sabbath keeping Christians are in ERROR. But we do NOT stand on Paul's teaching ALONE. We believe ALL the teachings of ALL the apostles of Jesus Christ. We believe the words of Luke, Matthew, Mark, John, Peter, Timothy, James, and ALL the teachings in the NEW Testament, which are the WORDS of the NEW COVENANT.
Thus there is division in the church, which is one of the many teachings that Paul TAUGHT against, so then was Paul a false teacher, when he taught that we ought not be DIVIDED and that we should come into the UNITY of the faith?
Was Paul a FALSE teacher when he led both Gentiles and Jews to saving faith TEACHING that Jesus is the Son of God who was crucified for our sins and that God raised from the dead?
Would Almighty God CONFIRM the words of Paul by many signs and wonders?
Would the other apostles give Paul the right hand of fellowship and call him their beloved brother Paul if that though for a second that Paul was a FALSE teacher?
Of course NOT!
So then, the CORE ISSUE is when Paul's teachings CONTRADICT what YOU have come to believe and TEACH.
So since Paul's teaching concerning God CLEANSING all manners of meat proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that YOUR teaching of compelling other Christians to NOT eat pork or any other food that was forbidden by God to eat under the OLD covenant and that Christians MUST keep ALL the dietary laws written in the Old testament under the OLD covenant, you NEED Paul to be a FALSE teacher, if so be, you are going to hold fast to your false teaching and reject the TRUTH of the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ.
Again the main piece of evidence even worth discussing is that Jesus AND the Old Testament forbids the eating of meat sacrificed to IDOLS and Paul teaches that it is alright to eat meat sacrificed to IDOLS.
Now be fair I want my readers to know that not ALL Saturday Sabbath keeping Christians teach that Paul is a false teacher. There are some Seventh day of the week Sabbath keepers, who do NOT compel ANY Christians to keep ANY of the dietary laws nor ANY of the ordinances written in the Old Testament under the OLD Covenant, but rather they ONLY teach that Christians should keep the TEN commandments not understand that the Sabbath was given to the children of Israel for them to keep throughout their generations as a SIGN pointing the Jesus as our Sabbath rest and SIGN of the NEW covenant. Please read the studies, “Jesus is our Sabbath REST!” and “The Sabbath rest is a SIGN!”.
What some seventh day of the week Sabbath keepers have not seen or not understood in the Jesus was yet teaching his apostles and disciples BY the Holy Spirit long after Jesus ascended into heaven.
Please read John 16:12-15 which teaches us that Jesus was still yet TEACHING his disciples MANY THINGS even AFTER he ascended into heaven, which they could NOT bear or understand while Jesus was with them before his ascension.
“I have YET MANY THINGS to say unto you, BUT you CANNOT bear them NOW .
13. Howbeit WHEN HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into ALL TRUTH: for HE shall NOT speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
14. He shall glorify ME: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15. All things that the Father has are mine: therefore said I, that HE (the Holy Spirit) shall take of MINE, and shall SHOW IT (or the Holy Spirit shall show or TEACH you those MANY THINGS that I have YET to TEACH you that you CANNOT BEAR right NOW. The Holy Spirit will TEACH you those many things that I have YET still have to teach) unto you.”
So the issue was not that Jesus did not have the time to teach them as some argue, but rather that they could NOT BEAR what Jesus had to teach them, because they would NOT BELIEVE nor ACCEPT what Jesus had yet to teach them, UNTIL the received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and then the Holy Spirit would bear witness IN them to lead and guide them into all truth.
We can clearly see that Jesus was right when He said that they were not able to BEAR what he had yet to teach them by reading the words of brother Luke in Acts chapter 10 where Peter receives a VISION from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Please read Acts 10:1-48 and pay attention as to how Peter questions this vision from God REVEALING NEW THINGS to Peter, so new that Peter DOUBTED this vision was from God.
“There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
2. A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always. (This was a Gentile who feared God who obeyed his God given conscience to do good)
3. He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
4. And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Your prayers and your alms are come up for a memorial before God.
5. And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:
6. He lodges with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell you what you ought to do.
7. And when the angel which spoke unto Cornelius was departed, he called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that waited on him continually;
8. And when he had declared all these things unto them, he sent them to Joppa.
9. On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
10. And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
11. And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12. Wherein were all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and EAT .
14. BUT Peter said, NOT SO, Lord; (Peter was NOT ABLE to BEAR this NEW teaching from the Lord Jesus Christ. I must not be hearing you right. I cannot eat UNCLEAN MEAT) for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15. And the voice spoke unto him AGAIN the second time, What God has CLEANSED, that call NOT you common.
16. This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
17. Now while Peter DOUBTED IN himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,
18. And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.
19. While Peter THOUGHT on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek you.
20. Arise therefore, and get you down, and go with them, DOUBTING NOTHING: for I have sent them.
21. Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom you seek: what is the cause wherefore you are come?
22. And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that fears God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for you into his house, and to hear words of you.
23. Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him.
24. And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends. (notice how God set the sage for not just one to be saved and that there be not just one witness of God saving the Gentiles the same as the Jews. So we know this vision was indeed OF God)
25. And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshiped him.
26. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
27. And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.
28. And he said unto them, You know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; BUT God has SHOWED me that I should NOT call any man common or unclean.
29. Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent you have sent for me?
30. And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
31. And said, Cornelius, your prayer is heard, and your alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
32. Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he comes, shall speak unto you.
33. Immediately therefore I sent to you; and you have well done that you are come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded you of God.
34. Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a TRUTH I PERCIEVE that God is no respecter of persons: (Peter in now starting to believe the vision of God by the things happening as was told him would happen. He is beginning to understand to NOT call unclean was God had CLEANSED.)
35. But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him. (But we know now that God saves those who are not righteous, but Peter was still yet learning this truth)
36. The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, (remember Jesus taught his apostles ot NOT god the the GENTILES in Matthew 10:5 “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:”, BUT now Jesus is teaching them NEW THINGS that they were NOT ABLE to BEAR before they received the Holy Spirit. They ONLY understood that god sent his word to the children of ISRAEL) preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
37. That word, I say, you know (not that he knew or understood the word, but rather that he knew THAT the word), which was published throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40. Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly;
41. Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42. And he commanded us to preach unto the people (the children of Israel only, but now is perceiving or LEARNING that God wants his word preached even the Gentiles), and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believes in him shall receive remission of sins.
44. While Peter yet spoke these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45. And they of the circumcision which believed were ASTONISHED, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles ALSO was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47. Can ANY MAN forbid water, that these should NOT be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost AS WELL AS WE?
48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.”
Now obviously some seventh day of the week Saturday keeping Christians argue that this vision ONLY means that God CLEANSED the Gentiles and God did NOT cleanse the meat.
If this is a correct interpretation of this passage of scripture then why did God use ALL MANNER of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air, in the vision and then tell Peter to rise and EAT, if so be, that God did not cleanse ALL manner of meat?
I will tell you why. It is because the foods that God called UNCLEAN written in the Old Testament under the OLD covenant were TYPES and SHADOWS pointing to the day when God would CLEANSE the Gentiles. So then, when the TRUE is come to pass, then the SHADOW is no longer needed to be KEPT, because we now KNOW what the SHADOW was pointing TO.
Peter came to understand that God cleansed all manners of meats, because Peter ATE with the Gentile, but later feared the JEWS and committed hyprocrisy by drawing back from the TRUTH of the Gospel.
Please read Acts 15:7-12.
“And when there had been much DISPUTING (Now we are not told what this distuping was here in this passage of scripture, but later whe learn from Paul some of what was said during this much DISPUTING after which), Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, you know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by MY mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 And God, which knows the HEARTS, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, EVEN AS he did unto US;
9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts BY FAITH.
10. Now therefore (Now for this very reason that Godhas purifird their hearts by FAITH and shall save these Gentiles the same as US) WHY tempt you God, to put a YOKE upon the neck of the disciples, which NEITHER our fathers NOR WE were able to BEAR? (Now keep in mind that this is the great apostle Peter teaching us these words by the Holy Spirit saying WHY should we Jews place a YOKE around these Gentile Christians that we ourselves cannot bear nor our fathers before us could bear speaking of ALL the law of Moses. See Acts 15:5 “But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, AND to command them to KEEP the law of Moses.”)
11. But WE (Peter and the other apostles of Jesus Christ including James, and even Paul, we ALL) believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, EVEN AS THEY. (WITHOUT placing the YOKE of the law of Moses upon THEM which we ourselves could NOT bear NOR our father's before us could bear either.)
12. Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.”
Now please read Galatians 2:1-21.
“Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. (Now this is not speaking of fourteen years AFTER the COUNCIL at Jerusalem in Acts 15, but rather the first time Paul went up to Jerusalem three years after his conversion on the road to Damascus. See Galatians 1:15-19. “But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16. To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17. Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
18. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. 19. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.” So Paul is saying moreover fourteen years later this first time I went up to Jerusalem I went up AGAIN to Jerusalem with Barnabas and I also took Titus with me.
In other words, Paul is telling us in more detail what took place during that COUNCIL that took place fourteen years after the first time Paul went up to Jerusalem. Here in Galatians chapter 2 is the much DISPUTING that take took place right before Peter stood up after being rebuked by Paul during the much disputing.)
2. And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
3. But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
4. And THAT (speaking of Titus and other Gentile Christians being compelled to be circumcise was) BECAUSE OF false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
5. To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. (Please see Acts 15:1,2. “And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses, you cannot be saved.
2. When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.” So Galations 2:2-5 took place in Antioch where thes FALSE brethren crept in unaware were these certain men which came down from Judea saying you must be cricumcised after the manner of Moses to be saved. And then following verses 6-10 takes place in Jerusalem at the council in Acts 15.)
6. But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: (now this verse is still yet speaking of these spies who crept in unaware in conference against Paul)
7. But contrariwise, when THEY saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8. (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) (or when THEY SAW or heard the disputings and testimonies of how God was moving among the Gentiles these testimonies ADDED to THEM)
9. And WHEN James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars (Here Paul is somewhat dissapointed in James Peter and John saying, and WHEN James Peter and John who were ones SUPPOSED to be pillars or elders), PERCEIVED the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the RIGHT HANDS of FELLOWSHIP; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10. Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do. (Now while Paul did not rebuke Peter face to face IN Jerusalem AT the council I myself am seeing that it was THEN that Peter withdrew from EATING wth the Gentiles BECAUSE of the Jews, who came with Paul from Antioch complelling Christians to be circumcises and to keep all the law of Moses. Peter feared thes Jews and subverted all the others to live like the Jews. This is why Paul seems disappointed in them saying that they were SUPPOSED to be pillars or leaders in the chruch setting the right EXAMPLE for others to follow and here they frew back from the TRUTH of the gospel and stopped eating with the Gentiles as they did before the Jews came in and disputed among them. Now I do NOT see Paul being dissapointed with their decision AFTER they heard how God was working among the Gentiles through Paul and Barnabas. But it seems like Paul was a little closer to Peter and was SURPRISED and dissapointed the Peter would draw back from eating with the Gentiles.)
11. But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12. For (or BECAUSE) BEFORE that certain came from James, HE (Peter) DID EAT WITHwith the Gentiles: but when they (that certain came FROM James) were come, HE (Peter) withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13. And the other Jews dissembled (or played the hypocrite) likewise with him (with Peter); insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.(Even Barnsbas was subverted by these Jews or these certain sent FROM James)
14. But when I saw that THEY (Peter and those at the council at Jerusalem including even my fellow apostle Barnabas) walked NOT uprightly according to the TRUTH of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If you, being a Jew, live AFTER the manner of Gentiles, and NOT AS DO Jews,WHY compel you the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
15. We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16. Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, EVEN WE (who are Jews by nature and NOT sinners as the Gentiles) have believed in Jesus Christ, that WE (who are Jews by nature and NOT sinners as the Gentiles) might be justified BY the FAITH of Christ, and NOT BY the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall NO flesh be justified. (if the works of teh law were able to save the Jews, then God would not have promised a NEW COVENANT)
17. But if, while we (who are Jews by nature and not sinners as Gentiles) seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. (This means that if a Jew who sincerely believes that the law is all they need to be saved seek to be justified BY Jesus Christ, then they are not TRUSTING the LAW to be saved by their seeking another means to be justified and thus all Jesus seeking salvation through Jesus are sinners according to the lawof Moses. So Paul is saying is therefore Jesus teaching us to sin becuase we trust and believe that HE is our promised MESSIAH? God forbid!)
18. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. (In other words, if we as Jews by nature who are NOT sinners as the Gentils go BACK to the LAW of Moses, then we make ourselves TRANGRESSORS to the law of FAITH that Jesus our MESSIAH taught to us.)
19. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. (or for we Jews who by nature and NOT sinners as the Gentiles are through the law of FAITH in Jesus as our MESSIAH now dead to the law of Moses, so that we might LIVE unto God in Spirit and in TRUTH as Yahweh desires us to live unto him.)
20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in VAIN.”
Paul is verse 21 is basically saying, if the OLD covenant were able to save us then our MESSIAH died in VAIN! So WHY Peter, you of all the apostles draw back to live as the Jews when before you TRUSTED in Jesus and live as the Gentiles eating whatever manner of meat that they ate and did NOT live as the Jews. I am so disappointed in you and the other apostles who are SUPPOSED to be PILLARS in the church to set the example as how we are to walk before God.
Now some may still argue that Jesus himself said in the book of Revelation chapter 2 that weare are NOT to eat meat sacrifices to IDOLS and Paul said it is alright to eat meat that is sacrifice to idols. And thus they claim that Paul is a FALSE teacher and should not be trusted.
Let us read the words of Jesus first and then we will read the teachings of Paul to see if they contradict each other as the Jesus Words ONLY Christians CLAIM.
Please read Revelation 2:14,20.
“14. But I have a few things against you, because you have there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication....
20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against you, because you suffer that woman Jezebel, which calls herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.”
Now on the surface it seems as if these words of Jesus contradict the teachings of Paul, because they are not interpreted in the LIGHT of the WHOLE word of God. In other words, seventh day Saturday Sabbath keeping Christians like the Jesus Words ONLY group focus only on the phrase “eat things sacrificed unto idols” and ignor the rest of what Jesus says in these verses.
Let us read these same two verses still being out of context and place the FOCUS on the other words of Jesus to learn what Jesus is truly teaching us here and then we will read the entire context and compare our conclusion with the rest of God's word.
“14. But I have a few things against you, because you have there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, AND TO COMMIT FORNICATION....
20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against you, because you suffer that woman Jezebel, which calls herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants TO COMMIT FORNICATION, AND to eat things sacrificed unto idols.”
Please notice that Jesus is teaching us that the COMBINATION of these two things together is sin and not just the eating of the meat that has been sacrificed to idol by someone else who has a conscience toward IDOLS to worship false gods COMMITTING FORNICATION.
Paul never taught that it is alright TO COMMIT FORNICATION by sacrificing to IDOLS and then eating the meat that you sacrificed to idols COMMITTING FORNICATION by worshiping false gods.
Notice how the Holy Spirit inspired John to REVERSE the order, which to me stands out so we would NOT miss what Jesus is truly teaching us here.
Please read Revelation 9:20.
“And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should NOT WORSHIP devils, and IDOLS of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:”
So it is the COMBINATION of the TWO together that Jesus hates. Now let us read the entire context to see if Christians are being TAUGHT to COMMIT FORNICATION by sacrificing and eating the meat that they sacrifices to idols or if it is those AMONG them who are committing fornication by worshiping idols and teh church is NOT reproving their fornication.
Please read Revealtion 2:1-29.
“Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says he that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2. I know your works, and your labour, and your patience, and how you can NOT bear them which are evil (or sinners): AND you have tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and have found them liars: (Now it is only ASSUMED by seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath keeping Christians that Paul and his so called self appointed apostles are the FALSE apostles that Jesus is referring to, but we are NOT actually told what the FALSE teaching IS that these false apostles have been tried and proven to be liars by these saints at Ephesus)
3. And have borne, and have patience, and for my name's sake have labored, and have not fainted.
4. Nevertheless I have somewhat against YOU, because YOU have LEFT your FIRST LOVE.
5. Remember therefore from whence YOU are fallen, and repent, and DO the FIRST WORKS;(Just ask yourself what was the very FIRST WORK we we all did when we BECAME a true born again Christian? For ME my first work was to BELIEVE upon Jesus as my savior, then I was baptized in water as a WORK of my faith showing that I believe and TRUST in Jesus that I am JUSTIFIED just as if I had never sinned to become a NEW creature in Jesus Christ. Jesus is my first LOVE my husband whom I will marry in the world to come. So to ME those who have LEFT their FIRST WORKS are those Christians who no longer FULLY TRUSTING in Jesus. Jesus is warning then who have LEFT their first love saying DO the FIRST WORKS) or else I will come unto YOU quickly, and will remove YOU candlestick out of his place, except YOU repent.
6. But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. (the deeds of the Nicolaitans are those who lord over the flock separating the clergy from the laity like the Roamn Catholic church. And I have to say that no other Christians have don a better job at trying the Roman Catholic church to find them to be a liar in many of their teachings than the seventh day of teh week Satuday Sabbathe keeping Christians.)
7. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. (The apostles John teaches us in 1 John 5:4,5 of our FIRST WORK. “ For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and THIS IS the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. 5. Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God?” Like Paul said if we build again that which was destroyed by the cross, then Jesus died in VAIN!)
8. And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9. I know your works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but you are rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. (to ME thos Christians who are LIVING AS the JEWS are SATING that they ARE Jews by their WORKS and they are NOT natural born Jews)
10. Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulation ten days: be you faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life.
11. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death.
12. And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things says he which has the sharp sword with two edges;
13. I know your works, and where you dwell, even where Satan's seat is: and you hold fast my name, and have not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.
14. But I have a few things against you, because you have THERE THEM (in the city, in the country and even among you where you DWELL) that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. (So to ME these are NOT Christians who are casting the stumbling block to worship IDOLS, but rather the CULTURE in which these Christians are DWELLING are the ones worshiping IDOLS)
15. So have you also THEM that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.(again the doctrine of the Nicolaitans are those who lord over others, which includes groups like that Roman Catholics but does not always demand that the Roman Catholics are the only group the lords over the common people.)
16. Repent; or else I will come unto you quickly, and will fight against THEM with the sword of my mouth. (notice here that Jesus does not say that he will comes against the CHURCH, but rather THOSE that teh chruch did NOT WARN to repent from eorshiping IDOLS and THOSE who lord over the common people, which may also include the Roman catholic church.)
17. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saving he that receives it.
18. And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things says the Son of God, who has his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
19. I know your works, and charity, and service, and faith, and your patience, and your works; and the last to be more than the first. (Here we see that Jesus is NOT talking about bacsliders who were once believers who went back into sin, because their last works are MORE than their first works)
20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against you, because you SUFFER that woman Jezebel, which calls herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. (Now I do not know of ANY churches that TEACH Christians to worship IDOLS.)
21. And I gave HER space to repent of her fornication; and SHE repented not.
22. Behold, I will cast HER into a bed, and THEM that commit adultery (or fornication) with her into great tribulation, except THEY repent of their deeds. (again I see this Jezebel being OUTSIDE the church seducing Christians to commit fornication by worshiping IDOLS and then eating the meat that they sacrifices unto IDOLS.)
23. And I will kill HER children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searches the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24. But unto YOU I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have NOT this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as THEY speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
25. But that which you have already hold fast till I come.
26. And he that overcomes, and keeps MY works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: (The works of Jesus are taught to us in 1 Peter 2:21,22.“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22. Who did NO SIN, neither was guile found in his mouth:”
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28. And I will give him the morning star.
29. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.”
When Jesus was point black asked the specfic direct question:
WHAT MUST I DO to receive ETERNAL LIFE?
“And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, WHAT SHAL I DO that I may inherit eternal life? (or what WORKS MUST I DO in order that I may recieve eternal life in the world to come? And keep in mind that THESE words are Jesus Words ONLY dear child of God.)
18. And Jesus said unto him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19. You know the commandments, #1. Do not commit adultery, #2. Do not kill, #3. Do not steal, #4. Do not bear false witness, #5. Defraud not, #6. Honour your father and mother. (Jesus himself answered this DIRECT SPECIFIC question of WHAT WORKS that we MUST DO in order to receive eternal life in the world to come and Jesus only listed SIX of the TEN Commandments and NONE of teh ordinances written in the law of Moses under the OLD covenant. But yet seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath keeping Christians disobey the WORDS of JESUS himself and ADD keeping the Sabbath day as the Jews to be number ONE on the list of works that all Christians MUST DO in order to receive eternal life in the world to come. Jesus Words ONLY Christians try and keep BOTH covenants at the same time just in CASE sothey are NOT TRULY TRUSTING in the words of Jesus ONLY as they CLAIM but trust the words goven to Moses MORE than they trust Jesus the MESSIAH. The Sabbath was given to the children of Israel for THEM to keep throughout THEIR generation as a SIGN point to Jesus their TRUE Sabbath rest and most of them rejected Jesus as their Messiah and CHOSE keeping the law of Moses OVER the words of Jesus ONLY.)
20. And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. (BOASTING inhis OWN WORKS of RIGHTEOUSNESS which God hates. But you don't believe this because YOU have made Paul to be a FALSE teacher so you cannot trust what Paul teaches in Ephesians chapter 2.)
21. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, ONE thing you lack:(since I perceive your boasting in your own righteousness) go you way, sell whatsoever you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow ME.
22. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
23. And Jesus looked round about, and says unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
24. And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
25. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
26. And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
27. And Jesus looking upon them says, With MEN it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. (NO man shal be justified under the LAW written in the Old testamant given ONLY to the children of Israel for THEN to keep UNTIL the SEED came. And that seed IS Jesus who was given as this once and for all one time sacrifice for ALL sin for ALL of mankind so that WHOSOVER BELIEVES ON HIM shall be saved. NOT whosoever shall keep the law of Moses, but whosever shall BELIEVE on Jesus as the Christ the SON OF the living God shall be saved. You do ERR who you incorrectly INTERPRET Matthew 5:17-19.)
28. Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed you.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that has left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30. But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31. But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.”
The gospel of Jesus Christ was FIRST preach to the Jews, but most rejected it so God turned to the Gentiles LAST. And it will be ONLY those of us who trust in Jesus as our savior now in this present world who will be given immoratlity or eternal life in the world to come. The remant of Jews and those left alive of the nations at the second conming of Jesus will REMAIN in their MORTAL bodies to be taught of the Lord from generation to generation during the 1000 year reign of Jesus and only those, who eneter the 1000 years in the mortal bodies who are found faithful will be given eternal life at the END of teh 1000 years.
The JEWS were chosen FIRST and also were the FIRST offered so great a salvation of the NEW COVENANT. Only SOME took God up on his NEW covenant. Some began in FAITH and wnt BACK to the LAW. But others fough the good fight of faith to remain faithful to the words of the NEW covenant ONLY. And thos Jews along with the Gentile Christians who remain faithful to the teachings of the NEW COVENANT written inthe NEW Testament wil be given eteranl life at the second coming of Jesus to rule and reign WITH Jesus over the remant of teh Jews and thos left of the nations.
In this present world we are given many, many times to repent we we fall into sin, but in the world to come they are given only ONE time to repent and if they disobey again they will suffer the second half of the wrath of God at the end of the 1000 years.
Please see Zechariah 14:16-19.
“And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem (this is speaking of the second coming of Jesus to execute the first half of Gos' wrath upon the children of Israel and the nations. A Remant from both the NATION of Israel and the nations who fought against Israel will be spared alive to go into the 1000 year reign of Jesus in the MORTAL bodies, and ONLY those RESTING IN Jesus now in this present world will be given immprtality at that time, because we have overcome the world. So only those in their MORTAL bodies) shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. (WE as Chirstians wil already be tabernacling with Yahweh and his Son Jesus in the city of God The Jews who have NOT believed on Jesus have THREE feasts yet to be fulfilled. The Jews BELIEVING on Jesus NOW in this present world have NO feasts that need to be fulfilled because Jesus has fulfilled them for US who BELEIVE. Now AFTER the second coming of Jesus a remant of Jews WILL believe on Jesus and the ONLY feast day left for THEM throughtout THEIR generations is the feast of tabernacles.)
17. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of ALL the families of the earth (speaking of only those in their MORTAL bodies, because the second death will have no power over us who reat in Jesys NOW in this present world to recieve ETERNAL LIFE at the BEGINNING of teh world to come. So then Only all the families in the mortal bodies dwelling ON the surface of the earth who will NOT come up) unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be NO rain. (that will be strike nuber ONE for them who disobey this ONE commandment, and the punishment is NO RAIN for THEIR crops that year.)
18. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that HAVE NO rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. (that will be strike number TWO and the punishment will be They are OUT no more strikes! So it is ONE strike and ONE chance to repent. Disobey a second time and you are OUT! So I believe I myself will REST IN Jesus NOW in this present world and follow ONLY the word of Jesus is the NEW Testament under the NEW COVENANT!)
19. THIS shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.”
The PUNISHMENT will be the SAME WRATH of God that was or will be poured out AT the second coming of Jesus. The God will create a NEW heaven and a NEW earth wherein ONLY the righteous IN Jesus Christ will inherit wit Jesus.
This punishment is descibed in verses 12-15.
“ And THIS shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.(FIRE shall come down from heaven and devour them. Revelation 20.)
13. And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem (WE, as Christian, ARE Judah being IN the lion of the tribe of Judah); and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.(WE inherit all the wealth of the earth. The treasures of the unjust are laid up for the just, but we wil not consume it upon ourselves like the unjust do now in this present world.)
15. And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.(I do not believe that this part of the plague will be on the animals, because the lion will eat grass like the ox and the wolf will lay down with the lambs. Isaiah 65.)”
Now we read some things in Revelation chapter 2 that to ME seemed to be speaking of seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath keeping Christians as the ones who have LEFT their FIRST love or their FIRST WORKS, which to me speaks of HOW we FIRST became Christians, which was by FAITH.
The Jews asked Jesus WHAT WORK must we DO to DO the WORKS OF God?
Jesus answered them saying BELIEVING ON the SON OF God IS the WORK of God!
“ Labor (or WORK) not for the meat which perishes, but for that meat which endures unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him has God the Father sealed.
28 Then said they unto him, WHAT shall we DO, that we might WORK the WORKS OF God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, THIS IS the WORK OF God, that you BELIEVE ON HIM whom he has sent.”
Did Jesus say keep the Sabbath? NO! Did Jesus say keep the ten Commandments? NO! Did Jesus say keep all the law of Moses? NO! Did Jesus say keep all the dietary laws? NO! Did Jesus say do not eat meats sacrificed to idols? NO! The ONE and ONLY thing Jesus said was:
“THIS IS the WORK OF God, that you BELIEVE ON HIM whom he has sent.”
Again 1 John 5:1-5 teaches us that is EVEN OUR FAITH that gives us the VICTORY!
“Whosoever BELIEVES that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loves him that begat loves him also that is begotten of him. (so if you are truly born again by the word of God you will love BOTH the Father AND his Son Jesus)
2. By this we KNOW that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. (This is NOT speaking of keeping the TEN commandment or keeping ALL the law of Moses, but rather it is speaking of keeping the INSCTUCTIONS or DIRECTION that Almighty God gave to his SON Jesus to give to US to obey. In other words, what ever is written IN the NEW Testament under the NEW COVENTANT are the commandments, direction and instructions that WE, as Chrstians being born of God, are the KEEP, follow and obey unto the end.and NOT be SUBVERTED to keep all the Law given to Moses under the OLD covenant.)
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep HIS commandments (The commands Yahweh gave to Jesus to given to US): and HIS commandments are NOT grievous. (but the commandment God gave to Moses for the children of Israel for THEM to keep throughout THEIR genernations WERE GRIEVOUS of Peter LIED in Acts 15:7-12.
“ And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8. And God, which knows the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts BY FAITH. 10. Now therefore WHY tempt you God, to put a YOKE upon the neck of the disciples, which NEITHER our fathers NOR WE were able to BEAR? 11. But WE believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, EVEN AS they. (WITHOUT the LAW of Moses) 12. Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.”
4. For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and THIS IS the victory that overcomes the world, EVEN OUR FAITH. (our FAITH in WHAT? Jesus and the NEW COVENANT? Or is it our faith in Mose and in the OLD covenant?)
5. WHO is HE that overcomes the world, but HE that BELIEVES that Jesus IS the SON OF God?”
That is our FIRST LOVE, our FIRST WORK!
Oh dear child of God, who has bewitched you, that you should NOT OBEY the TRUTH of the WHOLE word of God, having believed that Jesus Christ was crucified FOR YOU? This only would I learn of you, RECEIVED YOU the Spirit BY the works of the law, or BY the hearing of FAITH? Are you so foolish? Having BEGUN in the Spirit, are you now made perfect by the flesh?
Jesus gave us SIX MORAL LAWS to KEEP in order to receive eteranl life in the world to come as the REST of teh WORKS we MUST do.
Now Jesus gave us the GREATEST WORK of ALL and that is to LOVE one another and when we KEEP those SIX moral laws now WRITTEN upon our HEARTS by the Holy Spirit we fulfill ALL the law of God.
Again some hard core dogmatic seventh day of the week Saturday Sabbath keeping Jesus Words ONLY Christains will dogmatically demand that Jesus SAID he would judge those who eat meats sacrificed to IDOL, AND who alos COMMINT FORNICTAION and Paul said it was alright to eat meat EVEN if the meat was sacrificed to IDOLS.
To you I say simply do NOT eat any meats SACRICFICE to IDOLS and you will do well.
But also know that Paul did NOT teach us to go out of our way and search for meat the was sacrificed to IDOLS and ask the idol worshiper, “Hey was this meat sacrificed to idols? Why yes it was. Good give me two pound, becasse there is nothing like a good pig that was just sacrificed to an IDOL. Have some more ready for next week.”
NO! A thousand times NO! Paul was very careful in teaching about God cleansing ALL manners of meat.
Some CLAIM the the early church kept the Sabbath as the Jews, but I assure you that the early first century church were accustomed to gathering together BEFORE the light of day break on the FIRST day of the week that THEY called the Lord's day.
Here is a NON BIAS historical account found in a letter from Pliny the Younger to Trojan concerning the Christians.
Pliny was a Roman who persecuted and killed Christians, so again this is a historical NON BIAS account of WHEN Christians gathered together.
Here is what Pliny says in his letter to Trajan. The EMPHASIS and comments are mine:
“That they were WONT (or as they were ACCUSTOMED and USED to do, or in the HABIT of doing), on a STATED day (or on a CERTAIN preset day), to meet together BEFORE IT WAS LIGHT, and to sing a hymn to Christ, as to a god, alternately; and to oblige themselves by a sacrament [or oath], not to do anything that was ill: but that they would commit no theft, or pilfering, or adultery; that they would not break their promises, or deny what was deposited with them, when it was required back again; after which it was their CUSTOM to depart, AND to meet AGAIN at a common but innocent meal,(so after the hard worship service early morning beginning before day light they would depart and they come back together later that same to to share a common simple meal together, and most likely break bread together as other early church writers give more detail) which they had left off upon that edict which I published at your command, and wherein I had forbidden any such conventicles (or religious meetings).”
Below are some quotes of early church writers that clearly teach us that the early church did NOT keep the Sabbath day, as in, on SATURDAY, the 7th day of the week, but rather the early church throughout history from it's beginning worshiped God on SUNDAY the FIRST day of the week, which is sometimes referred to as the EIGHTH day of the week or the day AFTER the Sabbath day, or the LORD'S DAY.
(The emphasis is mine in these quotes given below):
The date is given first and the source is given at the end.
Quote number #:
#1. 90 AD DIDACHE:
"Christian Assembly on the Lord's Day:
1. But every Lord's day do ye gather yourselves together, and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure.
2. But let no one that is at variance with his fellow come together with you, until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be profaned.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord: In every place and time offer to me a pure sacrifice; for I am a great King, saith the Lord, and my name is wonderful among the nations." (Didache: The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles, Chapter XIV)
#2. 100 AD BARNABAS:
"We keep the eighth day [Sunday] with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead" (The Epistle of Barnabas, 100 AD 15:6-8).
#3. 100 AD BARNABAS:
Moreover God says to the Jews, 'Your new moons and Sabbaths I cannot endure.' You see how he says, 'The present Sabbaths are not acceptable to me, but the Sabbath which I have made in which, when I have rested [heaven: Heb 4] from all things, I will make the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another world.' Wherefore we Christians keep the eighth day for joy, on which also Jesus arose from the dead and when he appeared ascended into heaven. (15:8f, The Epistle of Barnabas, 100 AD, Ante-Nicene Fathers , vol. 1, pg. 147)
#4. 110 AD Pliny:
They were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath not to (do) any wicked deeds, never to commit any fraud, theft, or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of good food—but food of an ordinary and innocent kind. (About three years after the death of Ignatius in 250, an important official communication was sent from one Pliny to Trajan the Roman emperor. Pliny, the Roman governor of Bithynia, wrote of the Christians who had been congregating there probably from at least A.D. 62 onwards. In this remarkable it is explicitly stated that these early Christians observed the substance of most of the Ten Commandments, and it is implied that they observed all ten as far as they were able to do so. As far as they were able, for as most of the early Christians were of slave stock or from other lower classes'-, and those who had heathen masters or employers—the vast majority—would be forced to work on THEIR day of rest, which was unfortunately an official working day throughout the empires' until Constantine's "Sabbath" Edict in 321 A.D. gave them some measure of public protection. Hence one reads that after meeting "on a certain FIXED day before it was light", the first century Bithynian Christians had "to separate"—many of them having to labour for their masters and/or employers from dawn to dusk—"and then reassemble to partake of . . . food". The "certain fixed day" [stato die"'] on which the Christians met, is regarded by Seventh-day Adventists as Saturday'-. Certainly the expression would seem to indicate a regular day of meeting, probably each week. But Sunday is FAR more likely to have been the "certain fixed day" than Saturday. For if Pliny had been referring to the old Saturday Sabbath, as a Roman he would doubtless have referred to the "later" meeting first and only then to the morning meeting on the day after the "certain fixed day", seeing that the old Saturday Sabbath was demarcated from the evening of one day to the evening of the following day. But Pliny makes no such reference. Instead, he mentions that the pre-dawn meeting took place first—and only after wards the later meeting; and that both meetings took place on the SAME "certain fixed day". This rather points to the Roman (and—more importantly!—New Testament) midnight to midnight demarcation of modern Sunday-keepers than to the evening to evening demarcation of the Jews and the Seventh-day Adventists. (The Covenantial Sabbath, Francis Nigel Lee, Pg 242)
Also I myself will further add to the comment of the writer above that mere common sense plainly teaches us that Pliny was clearly speaking of SUNDAY, because the LAW that Constantine passed was not to mandate work on SUNDAY so that these Christians could worship God on SUNDAY. So the CLAIM by the Seventh Day Advent church that the fixed day of worship for Christians was a Saturday is FALSE. Other wise Constantine would have made it a law the employers allowed Christians off for work on a Saturday rather than on a Sunday.
This PROVES beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Christians were ALREADY worshiping God on SUNDAY the FIRST DAY of the week from the very beginning of the church on the day of Pentecost. The truth of the matter is that Constantine only made it easier for Christians to worship God on Sunday without being persecuted by their employers or owners by passing the EDICT making it a LAW to force heathen employers to let their employees have at least some time off from work so that they could worship God on SUNDAY.
Every Sabbath keeper will AGREE that Constantine's "SABBATH" is referring to SUNDAY as the day of the week and NOT as Saturday being the REST for Christians. Again all the Constantine did was to pass a law making it EASIER fro Christian to worship on the DAY that they had ALREADY been worshiping on since the very beginning at the DAY of PENTECOST, which is on SUNDAY the FIRST day of the week that Christian called the LORD'S day the day our Lord rose from the grave.
Open your EYES dear child of God and read what these early church writings are teaching us about the EARLIEST believers as to which day the early church worshiped God. SUNDAY has ALWAYS been the Sabbath or the day of REST of the early church and the church throughout it's entire history.
#5. 150 AD EPISTLE OF THE APOSTLES:
- I [Christ] have come into being on the eighth day which is the day of the Lord. (18)
#6. 150 AD JUSTIN:
"He then speaks of those Gentiles, namely us, who in every place offer sacrifices to Him, i.e., the bread of the Eucharist, and also the cup of the Eucharist, affirming both that we glorify His name, and that you profane [it]. The command of circumcision, again, bidding [them] always circumcise the children on the eighth day, was a type of the true circumcision, by which we are circumcised from deceit and iniquity through Him who rose from the dead on the first day AFTER the Sabbath, [namely through] our Lord Jesus Christ. For the first day after the Sabbath, remaining the first of all the days, is called, however, the eighth, according to the number of all the days of the cycle, and [yet] remains the first.". (Justin, Dialogue 41:4)
#7. 150 AD JUSTIN:
...those who have persecuted and do persecute Christ, if they do not repent, shall not inherit anything on the holy mountain. But the Gentiles, who have believed on Him, and have repented of the sins which they have committed, they shall receive the inheritance along with the patriarchs and the prophets, and the just men who are descended from Jacob, even although theyneither keep the Sabbath, nor are circumcised, nor observe the feasts. Assuredly they shall receive the holy inheritance of God. (Dialogue With Trypho the Jew, 150-165 AD, Ante-Nicene Fathers , vol. 1, page 207)
#8. 150 AD JUSTIN:
But if we do not admit this, we shall be liable to fall into foolish opinion, as if it were not the same God who existed in the times of Enoch and all the rest, who neither were circumcised after the flesh, nor observed Sabbaths, nor any other rites, seeing that Moses enjoined such observances... For if there was no need of circumcision before Abraham, or of the observance of Sabbaths, of feasts and sacrifices, before Moses; no more need is there of them now, after that, according to the will of God, Jesus Christ the Son of God has been born without sin, of a virgin sprung from the stock of Abraham. (Dialogue With Trypho the Jew, 150-165 AD, Ante-Nicene Fathers , vol. 1, page 206)
#9. 150 AD JUSTIN:
Moreover, all those righteous men already mentioned [after mentioning Adam. Abel, Enoch, Lot, Noah, Melchizedek, and Abraham], though they kept no Sabbaths, were pleasing to God; and after them Abraham with all his descendants until Moses... And you [fleshly Jews] were commanded to keep Sabbaths, that you might retain the memorial of God. For His word makes this announcement, saying, "That you may know that I am God who redeemed you." (Dialogue With Trypho the Jew, 150-165 AD, Ante-Nicene Fathers , vol. 1, page 204)
#10. 150 AD JUSTIN:
There is no other thing for which you blame us, my friends, is there than this? That we do not live according to the Law, nor, are we circumcised in the flesh as your forefathers, nor do we observe the Sabbath as you do. (Dialogue with Trypho 10:1. In verse 3 the Jew Trypho acknowledges that Christians 'do not keep the Sabbath.')
#11. 155 AD Justin Martyr:
"[W]e too would observe the fleshly circumcision, and the Sabbaths, and in short all the feasts, if we did not know for what REASON they were enjoined [on] you--namely, on account of your transgressions and the hardness of your heart. . . . [H]ow is it, Trypho, that we would not observethose rites which do not harm us--I speak of fleshly circumcision AND Sabbaths AND feasts? . . . God enjoined you [Jews] to keep the Sabbath,and impose on you other precepts for a sign, as I have already said, on account of your unrighteousness and that of your fathers" (Dialogue with Trypho the Jew 18, 21).
#12. 180 AD ACTS OF PETER:
- Paul had often contended with the Jewish teachers and had confuted them, saying 'it is Christ on whom your fathers laid hands. He abolished their Sabbath and fasts and festivals and circumcision.' (1: I)-2
#13. 180 AD GOSPEL OF PETER:
Early in the morning when (the Sabbath dawned, a multitude from Jerusalem and the surrounding country came to see the scaled sepulchre. In the night in which the Lord's day dawned, while the soldiers in pairs for each watch were keeping guard, a great voice came from heaven. [There follows an account of the resurrection. Early in the morning of the Lord's day Mary Magdalene, a disciple of the Lord .... came to the sepulchre. (9:34f.; 12:50f.)
#14. 190 AD CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA:
(in commenting on each of the Ten Commandments and their Christian meaning:) The seventh day is proclaimed a day of rest, PREPARING by abstention from evil FOR the Primal day, our TRUE rest. (Ibid. VII. xvi. 138.1)
I will add that the meaning of the word "Primal" means an "ARCHETYPAL", which means an original TYPE pointing to the TRUE. So this early church writer is saying what Paul teaches us in scripture that the things in the OLD Testament are TYPES and SHADOWS or the TRUE which was to come. Jesus became our SABBATH, and we have entered into our REST being in Jesus Christ. The SABBATH was an ARCHETYPAL pointing toward our TRUE REST which was to come being FULFILLED in the ATONEMENT of Jesus.
#15. 190 AD CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA:
He does the commandment according to the Gospel and keeps the Lord's day, whenever he puts away an evil mind . . . glorifying the Lord's resurrection in himself. (Ibid. Vii.xii.76.4)
#16. 190 AD CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA:
Plato prophetically speaks of the Lord's day in the tenth book of the Republic, in these words: 'And when seven days have passed to each of them in the meadow, on the eighth they must go on." (Miscellanies V.xiv.106.2)
#17. 200 AD BARDESANES:
Wherever we are, we are all called after the one name of Christ Christians. On one day, the first of the week, we assemble ourselves together (On Fate)
#18. 200 AD TERTULLIAN:
"We solemnize the day AFTER Saturday in contradistinction to those who call this day their Sabbath" (Tertullian's Apology, Ch 16)
In other words, Tertullian is saying that we Christians DISTINGUISH us from the JEWS who hold Saturday as THEIR Sabbath by solemnizing or reverencing the day AFTER Saturday as our day of worship and rest.
#19. 200 AD TERTULLIAN:
It follows, accordingly, that, in so far as the abolition of carnal circumcision and of the old law is demonstrated as having been consummated at its specific times, so ALSO the observance of the Sabbath is demonstrated to have been temporary. (An Answer to the Jews 4:1, Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol. 3, page 155)
#20. 200 AD TERTULLIAN:
Let him who contends that the Sabbath is still to be observed a balm of salvation, and circumcision on the eighth day because of threat of death, teach us that in earliest times righteous men kept Sabbath or practiced circumcision, and so were made friends of God. .. ...Therefore, since God originated Adam uncircumcised, and inobservant of the Sabbath, consequently his offspring also, Abel, offering Him sacrifices, uncircumcised and inobservant of the Sabbath, was by Him commended... Noah also, uncircumcised - yes, and inobservant of the Sabbath - God freed from the deluge. For Enoch, too, most righteous man, uncircumcised and inobservant of the Sabbath, He translated from this world... Melchizedek also, "the priest of most high God," uncircumcised and inobservant of the Sabbath, was chosen to the priesthood of God. (An Answer to the Jews 2:10; 4:1, Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol. 3, page 153)
#21. 200 AD TERTULLIAN:
Others . . . suppose that the sun is the god of the Christians, because it is well-known that we regard Sunday as a day of joy. (To the Nations 1: 133)
Keep in mind that this was well BEFORE Constantine SUPPOSEDLY CHANGED the day of rest and worship to SUNday as the Seventh Day Adventist church CLAIMS. But it TRUTH Christians had ALREADY been worshiping God on SUNDAY, the FIRST day of the week that they also called the LORD'S day, the day that our Lord and savior Jesus rose from the dead.
So as early as Tertullian in 200 AD there were groups of JEWS and Christian JEWS who ASSUMED or who SUPPOSED, or who FALSELY ACCUSED Christians for worshiping God on SUNDAY that they were worshiping a sun god and not the true God.
#22. 200 AD TERTULLIAN:
To us Sabbaths are foreign. (On Idolatry, 14:6)4
#23. 220 AD ORIGEN:
"On Sunday none of the actions of the world should be done. If then, you abstain from all the works of this world and keep yourselves free for spiritual things, go to church, listen to the readings and divine homilies, meditate on heavenly things. (Homil. 23 in Numeros 4, PG 12:749)
#24. 220 AD Origen:
"Hence it is not possible that the [day of] rest after the Sabbath should have come into existence from the seventh [day] of our God. On the contrary, it is our Savior who, after the pattern of his own rest, caused us to be made in the likeness of his death, and hence also of his resurrection" (Commentary on John 2:28).
#25. 225 AD The Didascalia:
"The apostles further appointed: On the first day of the week let there be service, and the reading of the Holy Scriptures, and the oblation, because on the first day of the week our Lord rose from the place of the dead, and on the first day of the week he arose upon the world, and on the first day of the week he ascended up to heaven, and on the first day of the week he will appear at last with the angels of heaven" (Didascalia 2).
And I add further that the church BEGAN on the day of Pentecost on a SUNDAY, the FIRST day of the week. The early church evidence and the word of TRUTH, the Holy Bible make it quite clear that the early church worshiped God on SUNDAY the FIRST day of the week, called the LORD'S day and that they did NOT KEEP the Sabbath day as the JEWS.
#26. 250 AD CYPRIAN:
The eight day, that is, the first day after the Sabbath, and the Lord's Day." (Epistle 58, Sec 4)
#27. 250 AD IGNATIUS:
"If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord's Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and by His death-whom some deny, by which mystery we have obtained faith, and therefore endure, that we may be found the disciples of Jesus Christ, our only Master-how shall we be able to live apart from Him, whose disciples the prophets themselves in the Spirit did wait for Him as their Teacher? And therefore He whom they rightly waited for, being come, raised them from the dead. If, then, those who were conversant with the ancient Scriptures came to newness of hope, expecting the coming of Christ, as the Lord teaches us when He says, "If ye had believed Moses, ye would have believed Me, for he wrote of Me; " and again, "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it, and was glad; for before Abraham was, I am; " how shall we be able to live without Him? The prophets were His servants, and foresaw Him by the Spirit, and waited for Him as their Teacher, and expected Him as their Lord and Saviour, saying, "He will come and save us." Let us therefore NO longer keep the Sabbath after the Jewish manner, and rejoice in days of idleness; for "he that does not work, let him not eat." For say the [holy] oracles, "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat thy bread." But let every one of you keep the Sabbath after a spiritual manner, rejoicing in meditation on the law, NOT in relaxation of the body, admiring the workmanship of God, and not eating things prepared the day before, nor using lukewarm drinks, and walking within a prescribed space, nor finding delight in dancing and plaudits which have no sense in them. And after the observance of the Sabbath, let every friend of Christ keep the Lord's Day as a festival, the resurrection-day, the queen and chief of all the days [of the week].Looking forward to this, the prophet declared, "To the end, for the eighth day," on which our life both sprang up again, and the victory over death was obtained in Christ, whom the children of perdition, the enemies of the Saviour, deny, "whose god is their belly, who mind earthly things," who are "lovers of pleasure, and not lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." These make merchandise of Christ, corrupting His word, and giving up Jesus to sale: they are corrupters of women, and covetous of other men's possessions, swallowing up wealth insatiably; from whom may ye be delivered by the mercy of God through our Lord Jesus Christ! (Epistle of Ignatius to the Magnesians, Chapter IX)
#28. 250 AD IGNATIUS:
"On the day of the preparation, then, at the third hour, He received the sentence from Pilate, the Father permitting that to happen; at the sixth hour He was crucified; at the ninth hour He gave up the ghost; and before sunset He was buried. During the Sabbath He continued under the earth in the tomb in which Joseph of Arimathaea had laid Him. At the dawning of the Lord's day He arose from the dead, according to what was spoken by Himself, "As Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly, so shall the Son of man also be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. "The day of the preparation, then, comprises the passion; the Sabbath embraces the burial; the Lord's Day contains the resurrection." (The Epistle of Ignatius to the Trallians, chapter 9)
#29. 250 AD IGNATIUS:
If any one fasts on the Lord's Day or on the Sabbath, except on the paschal Sabbath only, he is a murderer of Christ. (The Epistle of Ignatius to the Philippians, chapter 8)
#30. 250 AD IGNATIUS:
"This [custom], of not bending the knee upon Sunday, is a symbol of the resurrection, through which we have been set free, by the grace of Christ, from sins, and from death, which has been put to death under Him. Now this custom took its rise from apostolic times, as the blessed Irenaeus, the martyr and bishop of Lyons, declares in his treatise On Easter, in which he makes mention of Pentecost also; upon which [feast] we do not bend the knee, because it is of equal significance with the Lord's day, for the reason already alleged concerning it." (Ignatius, Fragments)
#31. 300 AD Victorinus:
"The sixth day [Friday] is called parasceve, that is to say, the preparation of the kingdom. . . . On this day also, on account of the passion of the Lord Jesus Christ, we make either a station to God or a fast. On the seventh day he rested from all his works, and blessed it, and sanctified it. On the former day we are accustomed to fast rigorously, that on the Lord's day we may go forth to our bread with giving of thanks. And let the parasceve become a rigorous fast, lest we should APPEAR to observe ANY Sabbath with the Jews . . . which Sabbath he [Christ] in his body ABOLISHED" (The Creation of the World).
#32. 300 AD EUSEBIUS:
"They did not, therefore, regard circumcision, NOR observe the Sabbath NEITHER do we; ... because such things as these do NOT belong to Christians" (Ecc. Hist., Book 1, Ch. 4)
#33. 300 AD EUSEBIUS:
[The Ebionites] were accustomed to observe the Sabbath and other Jewish customs but on the Lord's days to celebrate the same practices as we in remembrance of the resurrection of the Savior. (Church History Ill.xxvii.5)
I will also add that the Ebionites were Christians who were seduced by the Jews to keep the Jewish customs. In other words, the Ebionites were Judanized Christians. The Ebionites also taught the need to be circumcised in the flesh in order to be saved. Some today would not even consider Ebionites as being true Christians since they went back to trusting the law of Moses to be saved.
#34. 300 AD Eusebius of Caesarea:
"They [the pre- Mosaic saints of the Old Testament] did not care about circumcision of the body, neither do we [Christians]. They did not care about observing Sabbaths, nor do we. They did not avoid certain kinds of food, neither did they regard the other distinctions which Moses first delivered to their posterity to be observed as symbols; nor do Christians of the present day do such things" (Church History 1:4:8).
#35. 300 AD Eusebius of Caesarea:
"The day of his [Christ's] light . . . was the day of his resurrection from the dead, which they say, as being the one and only truly holy day and the Lord's day, is better than any number of days as we ordinarily understand them, and better than the days set apart by the Mosaic Law for feasts, new moons, and Sabbaths, which the Apostle [Paul] teaches are the shadow of days and not days in reality" (Proof of the Gospel 4:16:186).
#36. 345 AD Athanasius:
"The Sabbath was the end of the first creation, the Lord's day was the beginning of the second, in which he renewed and restored the old in the same way as he prescribed that they should formerly observe the Sabbath as a memorial of the end of the first things, so we honor the Lord's day as being the memorial of the new creation" (On Sabbath and Circumcision 3).
#37. 350 AD APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTIONS:
Be not careless of yourselves, neither deprive your Saviour of His own members, neither divide His body nor disperse His members, neither prefer the occasions of this life to the word of God; but assemble yourselves together every day, morning and evening, singing psalms and praying in the Lord's house: in the morning saying the sixty-second Psalm, and in the evening the hundred and fortieth, but principally on the Sabbath-day. And on the day of our Lord's resurrection, which is the Lord's day, meet more diligently, sending praise to God that made the universe by Jesus, and sent Him to us, and condescended to let Him suffer, and raised Him from the dead. Otherwise what apology will he make to God who does not assemble on that day to hear the saving word concerning the resurrection, on which we pray thrice standing in memory of Him who arose in three days, in which is performed the reading of the prophets, the preaching of the Gospel, the oblation of the sacrifice, the gift of the holy food? (Constitutions of the Holy Apostles, book 2)
#38. 350 AD APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTIONS:
"How We Ought to Assemble Together, and to Celebrate the Festival Day of Our Saviour's Resurrection. On the day of the resurrection of the Lord, that is, the Lord's day, assemble yourselves together, without fail, giving thanks to God, and praising Him for those mercies God has bestowed upon you through Christ, and has delivered you from ignorance, error, and bondage, that your sacrifice may be unspotted, and acceptable to God,..." (Constitutions of the Holy Apostles, book 7)
#39. 350 AD Cyril of Jerusalem:
"Fall NOT AWAY either into the sect of the Samaritans or into Judaism, for Jesus Christ has henceforth ransomed you. Stand aloof from ALL observance of Sabbaths and from calling any indifferent meats common or unclean" (Catechetical Lectures 4:37).
#40. 360 AD Council of Laodicea:
"Christians should NOT Judaize and should NOT be idle on the Sabbath, but should work on that day; they should, however, particularly reverence the Lord's day and, if possible, not work on it, because they were Christians" (canon 29).
#41. 387 AD John Chrysostom:
"You have put on Christ, you have become a member of the Lord and been enrolled in the heavenly city, and you still grovel in the Law [of Moses]? How is it possible for you to obtain the kingdom? Listen to Paul's words, that the observance of the Law overthrows the gospel, and learn, if you will, how this comes to pass, and tremble, and shun this pitfall. Why do you keep the Sabbath and fast with the Jews?" (Homilies on Galatians 2:17).
#42. 412 AD Augustine:
"Well, now, I should like to be told what there is in these Ten Commandments, except the observance of the Sabbath, which ought NOT to be kept by a Christian . . . Which of these commandments would anyone say that the Christian ought not to keep? It is possible to contend that it is not the Law which was written on those two tables that the apostle [Paul] describes as 'the letter that kills' [2 Cor. 3:6], but the law of circumcision and the other sacred rites which are now abolished" (The Spirit and the Letter 24).
#43. 597 AD Gregory I:
"But after that the grace of almighty God, our Lord Jesus Christ, has appeared, the commandments of the Law which were spoken figuratively cannot be kept according to the letter. For if anyone says that this about the Sabbath is to be kept, he must needs say that carnal sacrifices are to be offered. He must say too that the commandment about the circumcision of the body is still to be retained. But let him hear the apostle Paul saying in opposition to him: 'If you be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing' (Gal. 5:2)" (Letters 13:1).
Please read all the studies linked within this study and all the studies linked below. This study was just the TIP of the iceberg of exposing the ERRORS of interpretation made by the Saturday seventh day of the week Sabbath keeping churches.
Thanks for reading. May God bless you richly as you continue seeking the truth of the whole word of God.
Your brother in our Lord Jesus Christ,
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE